The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Drifting Worlds OOC

So sorry everyone, real life got real all of a sudden.

I'll try to post today.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    nothing to do with anyone in this game and everything to do with the people that "are in charge" hre on gitpg I am leaving this board and not sure if i will return
    Not sure what's going on here, looking at activity, Sam is actively posting in other games.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I did notice Sam went missing from the boards for a few days, then started posting in recruitment threads again. Not sure if she is returning to the games she was part of before leaving, or if she is starting fresh.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I just sent Sam a pm to find out. I hadn't realized she had returned.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sam made the same message about leaving in at least one other game thread. But then they came back saying that some of the issues have been resolved and started posting again. I'm not sure why they are not doing the same here.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Sam made the same message about leaving in at least one other game thread. But then they came back saying that some of the issues have been resolved and started posting again. I'm not sure why they are not doing the same here.
    simple - i failed to keep the link and I am relocating with limited time to post stuff atm - have pmed with gm and will sit here in ooc for comment from gm on status

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, I am going to retcon the last post for Sam and Bel. Either one of you could post after that is done. (Give me like 30 minutes.)

Edit: Well that was easy to rewrite

Aegis I'll try and get a post up for you today. I was waiting to see how things played out before our post.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-08-30 at 10:17 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Wanted to give a heads up from 9/7-9/14 I'll be on vacation only able to access the game via mobile, so I'll probably still be posting, if I'm not that's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I meant to post here earlier.

Thorne and Anvillian can buy what ever ship they want. So pm your desires to each other, then when you have a solid purchase pm me and I will post it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm definitely on board with getting something small. If we get something small, hopefully we can either get something with a bunch of spell turrets or some kind of stealth capability. As expressed IC, I'm guessing we may end up using this airship for more than just fast travel.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmph, I'm not seeing an appropriate ship here for our needs. What we actually need lies in between a jollyboat and what the vehicle list calls a sailing ship. We're not hauling cargo or passengers nearly sufficient to justify the larger vessel, or for that matter the 20+ man crew required to run the larger vessel, but a jollyboat is a bit small and doesn't have so much as a place for people to sleep.

A nicely equipped 25-30' pinnace would do the trick, They're fast, mobile, and can often be crewed by as few as 1 person. The modern equivalent would be those sleek sailing boats that couples like to take out on romantic getaways. But nothing of the sort has been statted out here.

Spoiler: Pinnace
    Show

What I suggest, with the DM's permission, is that we take the stats for a cutter and pare it down as seems appropriate to a Huge sized ship. Call the base price 5,000 gp (probably ought to be less than that, just hedging)

From there, slap a masterwork steam engine and a floatstone lift onto it, and that's the sort of ship Thorne would suggest looking for.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking from experience, there is no way the ship you posted in that picture could be maned by one person. Any how that is not important. So you have my permission to find a ship like your described but it'll need at least 2 people to run at full speed.

edit: I am sorry I am taking so far between posts, it has been a rough week.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-09-06 at 10:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

been busy moving in RL

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Daishain and aegis, I forgot for a moment you were not on Er'ifu. The masterwork engine is very rare where you are. So expect that to be a factor.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

@bel and Sam
    I am going to roll initiative, since surprise is no longer a factor. Remember I am running with block so you two move at the highest of your three rolls (don't forget the little wizard) and then the assassin goes at his.

(1d20+18)[24] Caen
    (1d20+10)[23] Kamryn
    (1d20+1)[18] Wiz

(1d20+3)[14] Assassin

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Post frm phone gm would kam get a chance to shoot that potion b4 he used it?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Well just to avoid delay I am going to say no. However a longer answer starts with do you have a ranged sunder ability?

Edit: sorry, this post was interrupted.

So since a retcon involves a discussion on abilities and then possibly on how to implement a game mechanic and then a roll to get here. I would rather not delay that long.

I do feel that using the potion was a bit of a cheap move on my part. So the character is letting the pair of you do prep. So feel free to chug a potion or buff yourself with a spell etc. Please just 1 quick thing then your full round of combat.

Any one know a good way to do maps?
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-09-11 at 11:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    Well just to avoid delay I am going to say no. However a longer answer starts with do you have a ranged sunder ability?

Edit: sorry, this post was interrupted.

So since a retcon involves a discussion on abilities and then possibly on how to implement a game mechanic and then a roll to get here. I would rather not delay that long.

I do feel that using the potion was a bit of a cheap move on my part. So the character is letting the pair of you do prep. So feel free to chug a potion or buff yourself with a spell etc. Please just 1 quick thing then your full round of combat.

well i do not think there is anything for a ranged sunder anywhere in the rules, in theory it should be a ranged attack vs the items AC + modifiers, the damage would need to exceed hardness+HP to break it I think and so on..

Edit..
    re: prep:
    set him as my studied target - (Assassinate: study for for 1 round, foe is denied dex to ac, on hit foe make fort save DC 22, fail and dies, otherwise takes 5d6 sneak damage, then immune for 24 hours)

so on kam's turn which should be 1 round later... she will shoot at him with the bow doing that possible damage, possibly out right killing him or getting additional sneak damage
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-09-12 at 01:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

*snip*

I use google docs with excel.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    well i do not think there is anything for a ranged sunder anywhere in the rules, in theory it should be a ranged attack vs the items AC + modifiers, the damage would need to exceed hardness+HP to break it I think and so on..

Edit..
    re: prep:
    set him as my studied target - (Assassinate: study for for 1 round, foe is denied dex to ac, on hit foe make fort save DC 22, fail and dies, otherwise takes 5d6 sneak damage, then immune for 24 hours)

so on kam's turn which should be 1 round later... she will shoot at him with the bow doing that possible damage, possibly out right killing him or getting additional sneak damage
    In "core" the archer archetype of fighter gets "Trick Shot (Ex): At 3rd level, an archer can choose one of the following combat maneuvers or actions: disarm, feint, or sunder."

Spheres also allows ranged sunder and I believe path of war also has an option.

Assassinate includes the phrase "This attempt automatically fails if the target recognizes the slayer as an enemy." Would of worked except you two announced yourselves.

I am sorry if any of this upsets you.

edit:
    Quick clarification, assassinate still would ignore dex.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-09-12 at 04:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Did Anvillian ever meet or deal with Salt Brow during his time as Horg's ward?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Did Anvillian ever meet or deal with Salt Brow during his time as Horg's ward?

Lets find out, high roll is yes top 1/4 he knows what your character stands accused of. (1d100)[100]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Well you don't see that roll every day. I feel that means something interesting so I am going to think on your post a bit longer, because apparently he knows your history very well.

edit: I'll give sam one more day to post actions after that we will retcon in her first round.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-09-16 at 11:11 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh boy, that could be not good

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

In "core" the archer archetype of fighter gets "Trick Shot (Ex): At 3rd level, an archer can choose one of the following combat maneuvers or actions: disarm, feint, or sunder."

Spheres also allows ranged sunder and I believe path of war also has an option.

Assassinate includes the phrase "This attempt automatically fails if the target recognizes the slayer as an enemy." Would of worked except you two announced yourselves.

I am sorry if any of this upsets you.

edit:
    Quick clarification, assassinate still would ignore dex.
    sorry posting weekends is almost impossible with my limited internet for the month of september

GM feel free to robot me if needed kamryn will shoot the enemy with the 1st normal round action stuff, : Improved Precise Shot, then use the hast round to draw her 2 swords as the combat will goto melee at this range very fast.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Oh boy, that could be not good
    Good or bad, what matters more to me is that it will be interesting. My original plan was to consider using the tales of my service to Horg which may give me some renown with Ogres to back your promise that the plane would be safe, but there's always the possibility he thinks I'm an Ogre murderer and an exile, which would cause that to backfire. It's why I asked the question in the first place.

Me dealing socially with Ogres will always be interesting. Gnomes possibly too, but for potentially undeserved good reputation for supposedly killing basically a ruthless overlord, assuming the power vacuum didn't make things worse for them.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll start combat tomorrow for Bel and Sam. Unless IRL happens.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll post the rest of the assassins actions after Bel posts.

edit:

Aegis, who's character was Cassia?
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-09-19 at 10:26 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

edit:

I already acted, do I get another action?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    I already acted, do I get another action?
    You did the precombat buff, you get the first attack as well.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

edit:

Cassia was an NPC who was never built out. If you're looking for a sheet I could make one for you though Artificers/crafters aren't my preferred shtick so it might take me a while.

@Daishain - I'm not going to aid another on the Intimidate check to try to return to bargaining as a last resort. Anvillian's opinion of Cassia is that she is way more valuable than any ship we might get in the long run, plus there are personal feelings.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-09-19 at 04:26 PM.