The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Drifting Worlds OOC

Yeah I don't know why I am sharing this but with the penalties the assassin is taking due its own actions its ac is 19. I was very tempted to say "Nah man, you crit."

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    because kamyrn can fly perfect she should be able to fly over the lava, around to a flanking position at 60ft a turn, then strick the dwarf from behind if I look at the map correctly
    I'll make sure Kamyrn does so next turn. The trouble is she had to run away at full speed, the dwarf moved and then she has to move full speed back.

@ Bel,
    Why the second AoO roll?

@Thorne and Anvillian

I think pressing him for some pocket change or potions is likely the best bet. Perhaps the ship has cargo on it, not much because it is a light ship, so you could ask for that.

final edit:

So I know the dwarf shouldn't be able to charge pass Caen. However I feel the character bumpy into him kind of negates the invisability which would also allow Caen to move easy enough. Does this logic bother any one, because I can stop it in the future.

I also made so many math hours before I posted, I forgot to add +2 from charging to the attack on Kamyrn and the rage bonus to CMB for the bull rush. Not that any of that matters on 2 natural 1s.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-01 at 11:51 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post

@ Bel,
    Why the second AoO roll?
    it wasn't, just copy and pasted the one from here for reference.

seeing as he moved past again though, i get another?

Also, is it possible if we could have the map posted to each combat update? that would help immensely
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops I assumed the AoO was new and already applied it for the movement. So yeah roll a new one and I will fix it.

I'll try and link the map to each round from now on. I should also include a round number.

Kamyrn can do a full attack, this will be interesting.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Oops I assumed the AoO was new and already applied it for the movement. So yeah roll a new one and I will fix it.

I'll try and link the map to each round from now on. I should also include a round number.

Ok will do, at least we're ironing out combat in this little melee!

attack - (1d20+28)[38] vs flat footed AC
    Damage - (1d6+21)[25]

crit confirm - (1d20+32)[48] (crit on 15-20)
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[20] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-10-02 at 11:05 AM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

So we can hash out the value of Saltbrows goods here and advance the story. About what were you hoping for?

Also 90 damage crit wow. That moved the battle swiftly in one direction. I skipped crit confirm

(1d20)[19] Only misses on a 1.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, so we have established Cassie and the ship to be worth approximately 28000, call it 30 for the inconvenience. The mask is 78,000. That leaves 48000 in trade value.

Let's call it 5,000 for the information request, since he will likely have to pay multiple other people in order to do a thorough job of it. And yes Thorne will be making it clear that he expects a thorough job.

So whatever other goods and coinage the ogre offers would need to approach 43,000 GP in value. If we again lean in the direction of the ogre due to the inconvenience of this affair, I think Thorne would push for approximately 40,000, all of it going to Anvillian.

Seem fair?
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-04 at 10:28 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Yeah I don't know why I am sharing this but with the penalties the assassin is taking due its own actions its ac is 19. I was very tempted to say "Nah man, you crit."

I'll make sure Kamyrn does so next turn. The trouble is she had to run away at full speed, the dwarf moved and then she has to move full speed back.

@ Bel,
    Why the second AoO roll?

@Thorne and Anvillian

I think pressing him for some pocket change or potions is likely the best bet. Perhaps the ship has cargo on it, not much because it is a light ship, so you could ask for that.

final edit:

So I know the dwarf shouldn't be able to charge pass Caen. However I feel the character bumpy into him kind of negates the invisability which would also allow Caen to move easy enough. Does this logic bother any one, because I can stop it in the future.

I also made so many math hours before I posted, I forgot to add +2 from charging to the attack on Kamyrn and the rage bonus to CMB for the bull rush. Not that any of that matters on 2 natural 1s.

okay full attack action presumtion for flanking.
    PH: +5 Large Falcata
    OH: +5 (+4enh) Mithral Heavy Steel, Bashing 1d8 acts as a +1 weapon when used to bash

Double Slice: Benefit: Add your Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your off-hand weapon.

Shield Slam: Any opponents hit by your shield bash are also hit with a free bull rush attack, substituting your attack roll for the combat maneuver check (see Combat). This bull rush does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Opponents who cannot move back due to a wall or other surface are knocked prone after moving the maximum possible distance. You may choose to move with your target if you are able to take a 5-foot step or to spend an action to move this turn.

Effective Greater Two Weapon Fighting with no penalties for shield off hand
    Haste

To Hit ( EDIT: Flanking not taken into account for the to hits.. )
    PH: 36/36/31/26/21
    (1d20+36)[42], (1d20+36)[53], (1d20+31)[49], (1d20+26)[36], (1d20+21)[36]

OH: 31/31/26/21
    (1d20+31)[32], (1d20+31)[34], (1d20+26)[43], (1d20+21)[23]

Damage
    PH: (3d6+19)[32], (3d6+19)[34], (3d6+19)[25], (3d6+19)[23], (3d6+19)[34]
    confirm crits: (3d6+19)[29], (3d6+19)[27], (3d6+19)[33], (3d6+19)[27], (3d6+19)[27] - wrong thing

OH: (1d8+12)[15], (1d8+12)[14], (1d8+12)[20], (1d8+12)[20]
    confirm crits: (1d8+12)[13], (1d8+12)[18], (1d8+12)[18], (1d8+12)[13] - wrong thing

if any or all shield slam are successful: attempt to push dwarf into the lava...
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-10-04 at 02:12 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

This guy happens to be really good at bullrush. So while you hit you could not move him. (CMD vs bullrush is 48) However from this position you could not push him into the lava, since it only pushes back. Reposition would move it to that space but for some reason reposition forbids damaging squares, I have no clue why.

Spoiler: relevant rules
    Show

Under bull rush: "If your attack is successful, your target is pushed back 5 feet..."

"You cannot use this maneuver to move a foe into a space that is intrinsically dangerous, such as a pit or wall of fire. If your attack is successful, you may move your target 5 feet to a new location."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Okay, so we have established Cassie and the ship to be worth approximately 28000, call it 30 for the inconvenience. The mask is 78,000. That leaves 48000 in trade value.

Let's call it 5,000 for the information request, since he will likely have to pay multiple other people in order to do a thorough job of it. And yes Thorne will be making it clear that he expects a thorough job.

So whatever other goods and coinage the ogre offers would need to approach 43,000 GP in value. If we again lean in the direction of the ogre due to the inconvenience of this affair, I think Thorne would push for approximately 40,000, all of it going to Anvillian.

Seem fair?
    It doesn't matter to me if it goes to Anvillian, as long as it gets put towards completing our objective. Getting Cassia's freedom basically means Anvillian will feel like he got the better end of the bargain regardless of what happens next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    It doesn't matter to me if it goes to Anvillian, as long as it gets put towards completing our objective. Getting Cassia's freedom basically means Anvillian will feel like he got the better end of the bargain regardless of what happens next.
    You put up everything of value for this trade, that's your money. Heck, if anything I would argue that you're entitled to take an additional 13,000 GP worth out of the funds that The Muse gave us, since the ship and the the informant are operational expenses rather than personal. Take it and use it to replace the mask if you can, I get the feeling that we are going to need every Edge we can get

DM, would this deal be acceptable to saltbrow?
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-04 at 06:00 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

I havnt had the time to check back on all listed numbers. However the short of it is the cargo is the X in ship + X + Cassi = mask. So what ever makes the equation work. We can skip this overly long ingame haggling.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

This guy happens to be really good at bullrush. So while you hit you could not move him. (CMD vs bullrush is 48) However from this position you could not push him into the lava, since it only pushes back. Reposition would move it to that space but for some reason reposition forbids damaging squares, I have no clue why.

Spoiler: relevant rules
    Show

Under bull rush: "If your attack is successful, your target is pushed back 5 feet..."

"You cannot use this maneuver to move a foe into a space that is intrinsically dangerous, such as a pit or wall of fire. If your attack is successful, you may move your target 5 feet to a new location."

oh wow that makes realistic things kinda silly, but its the rule so i cant argue ...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Is the dwarf up to act?

EDIT: typo
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2019-10-08 at 04:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

OOC: FYI: i am back to regular intenet at home so posting should be more or less once a day or as needed

on kamyrns next turn
    full attack action
    PH: +5 Large Falcata
    OH: +5 (+4enh) Mithral Heavy Steel, Bashing 1d8 acts as a +1 weapon when used to bash

(from mage: Inspire courage +2 vs fear and on weapon damage/hit)

Double Slice: Benefit: Add your Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your off-hand weapon.

Shield Slam: Any opponents hit by your shield bash are also hit with a free bull rush attack, substituting your attack roll for the combat maneuver check (see Combat). This bull rush does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Opponents who cannot move back due to a wall or other surface are knocked prone after moving the maximum possible distance. You may choose to move with your target if you are able to take a 5-foot step or to spend an action to move this turn.

Effective Greater Two Weapon Fighting with no penalties for shield off hand
    Haste

To Hit (Flanking not taken into account for the to hits.. )
    PH: 38/38/33/28/23
    (1d20+38)[42], (1d20+38)[51], (1d20+33)[41], (1d20+28)[42], (1d20+23)[36]
    confirm crits: (1d20+38)[44], (1d20+38)[56], (1d20+33)[45], (1d20+28)[47], (1d20+23)[42]

OH: 33/33/28/23
    [/roll], (1d20+33)[46], (1d20+33)[38], (1d20+28)[44], (1d20+23)[24]
    confirm crits: [/roll], (1d20+33)[42], (1d20+33)[51], (1d20+28)[42], (1d20+23)[26]

Damage
    PH: (3d6+21)[33], (3d6+21)[29], (3d6+21)[34], (3d6+21)[33], (3d6+21)[28]

OH: (1d8+14)[19], (1d8+14)[17], (1d8+14)[20], (1d8+14)[22]
    edit shield slam hits to push either towards cean or towards lava edge in ceans direction
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-10-08 at 01:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

@ sam, congrats on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Is the dwarf up to act?

EDIT: typo
    Actually Bel, it has been your turn the whole time. I should of pmed you. The last action you took was an AoO when the dwarf moved.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Woops, is there any point with the mousntrous attack routine from samduke? :P
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Woops, is there any point with the mousntrous attack routine from samduke? :P
    In as much as it is your move. The above post sam made is next round. The little mage also gets a move this turn. After that the dwarf goes, then the above post from sam, your move, etc.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

In as much as it is your move. The above post sam made is next round. The little mage also gets a move this turn. After that the dwarf goes, then the above post from sam, your move, etc.
    nod i just posted notation next turn for simplicity that way the combat can continue .. sorry for any confusion

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

2 potential crits, and i screwed up those rolls....

attack 1 Crit confirm - (1d20+36)[41]
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[19] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)

attack 2 Crit confirm - (1d20+36)[39]
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[19] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)

attack 3 Crit confirm - (1d20+36)[38]
    Crit bonus damage - (1d6+14)[15] & sickened for 1 minute (no save)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Is this an Of Mice and Men reference I detect?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

I needed a pair of characters, and Steinbeck's creation was the best way of saying. "Cross me and I will snap her neck like a puppy." ;)

So next post will be fun but I should be on a computer to type it up. (Fun for both groups.)

edit: just for fun here is the sheet for the assassin before the last post. Amazingly that full attack left him with 5 hp.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-11 at 12:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

its my presumption that the head of the dwarf assassin is enough proof that we got him

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

The head would be proof enough, so would Caen's word.

So it has been 3 months. Shall we say we are entering chapter 2? Do a little time skip, introduce the 2 remaining parties to each other. Declare what we were doing for a few weeks, other then travel.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-18 at 10:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I would be fine with this, it looks like it could take some time to realistically get the full group together.

On our end Thorne and Anvil would likely be chasing down leads for a good while, finding out what we can of the cult's activities and either disrupting them or observing as the situation calls for. Perhaps we pinned down the location of a major operation or base, asked for additional hands, and the killers of the assassin were asked to join us.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

So it has been 3 months. Shall we say we are entering chapter 2? Do a little time skip, introduce the 2 remaining parties to each other. Declare what we were doing for a few weeks, other then travel.
    I'm eager to resolve this tablet thing, if that's done in the wrap up, im fine with skipping.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm good with bringing the party together. Anvillian would primarily focus on the task at hand, with any spare capacity he'd be watchful for signs or tales of creatures/relics/etc that Cassia might be able to forge into useful items. Especially if she could make something that might get us information to direct our next moves, items with divination magic of some kind might be nice.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-10-18 at 09:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm eager to resolve this tablet thing, if that's done in the wrap up, im fine with skipping.
    What makes you think the (now) cracked tablet can be resolved so easily?

So we may skip some time next chance I get. Something happened IRL at my work and the end result is I am working through my prep time at least once a week, so I've posted less often than I would like. However Monday or next chance I get I will try and time skip. So try and post any goals your character would have that take 2 weeks.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2019-10-19 at 09:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

What makes you think the (now) cracked tablet can be resolved so easily?

So we may skip some time next chance I get. Something happened IRL at my work and the end result is I am working through my prep time at least once a week, so I've posted less often than I would like. However Monday or next chance I get I will try and time skip. So try and post any goals your character would have that take 2 weeks.
    Ok, just didn't want to gloss over it. :P

I'll think on goals.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

So try and post any goals your character would have that take 2 weeks.
    okay I think Kamryn will use the 2 weeks to try to teach Windy 2 new tricks
    with one week of work and a successful Handle Animal check against the indicated DC

week 1: Combat Training (DC 20) (1d20+27)[37] +4 circumstance bonus on Handle Animal checks involving her animal companion
    <<41>> should be a success

Week 2: Rescue (DC 20) (1d20+27)[29] +4 circumstance bonus on Handle Animal checks involving her animal companion
    <<33>> should be a success
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-10-20 at 10:21 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

I guess caen will study the tablet then
    Spoiler
    Show

"Airsick lowlander!"
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord