New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Seeing there are only about 70 pieces of SsaDt in stock left, I am suddenly very happy to have one of my own already
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #92

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

It was actually the first piece of OOTS-ware I bought, and the quality pushed me to buy much more.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Living in Europe I'm so glad Ookdook have managed to get cheaper shipping costs. I love the OoTS comics, and have loved the physical copies since the kickstarter.

So one pre order done :)

Thank you for that very welcome news Rich.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yay for reduced European shipping rates!

Utterly Dwarfed has been utterly pre-ordered.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

According to the shipping calculator, the reduced rate to Germany is available for orders of 1 to 3 books, but not anymore for an order of four books. Is that correct?
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    According to the shipping calculator, the reduced rate to Germany is available for orders of 1 to 3 books, but not anymore for an order of four books. Is that correct?
    I assume that's due to the 5 kg limit Rich mentioned in the new News Post.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    I assume that's due to the 5 kg limit Rich mentioned in the new News Post.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Pie in the sky time ... fellow Aussies, I've just contacted a large chain of gaming stores to see if they would be interested in being part of the pre-order process. I highly doubt our market would support a distribution deal like the Canada and European ones, but if it were possible to pre-order before end of September and pick up the book early next year, from local stores from this chain in most capital cities and a few regional ones (doesn't look like they have NT stores, sorry) for less than 50% above RRP, who would be up for it?
    Yes I would be up for that!

9. - Top - End - #99

Question: Is the book in full color? Unlike previous books, the ookoodook page doesn't specify.

On a side note: I pre-ordered the book thanks to the reduced EU shipping. Does anyone know when early december will be? I'm checking my calender daily and to my disappointment it progresses only 1 day at a time.

Oh and sorry for another note. I don't understand the brackets on 'game' in the Zach Handlen testimonial on the back cover. I'm not a native english speaker I admit. And I don't want to be a gramar pedantic. I just don't understand...

"They're at once conscious of the (game) the world is based on"

If it's not the game, then what else is it based on? And if its referring to the world itself, then what else would it be based on besides the world itself. The sentence doesn't work with 'game' or 'the game' omitted.
    Last edited by Garwain; 2019-09-20 at 10:18 AM.
    My personal folder is a graveyard of ideas, stuck in their dream phase.
    The "DM won't kill us" attitude is a bubble that sometimes needs to be bursted.
    There's an armor variant rule in UA that will drastically increase character survivability without completely bubble-wrapping them in plot invulnerability
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

I imagine [game] replaces a explicit reference to D&D.

fake edit:
    they’re at once conscious of the Dungeons & Dragons-type role-playing the world is based on
    Last edited by hro₫ila; 2019-09-20 at 11:13 AM.
    ungelic is us

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Garwain View Post
    Question: Is the book in full color?
    Yes. It has become such a given that it is expected, and thus isn't mentioned in ad copy.

Also, it would be odd if Rich went back and decolored the strips before publishing them.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Ordered a couple books, the reduced shipping really makes a big difference. Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

We were privileged enough to snag a set of signed books during The Kickstarter. Is there any chance there might be an opportunity for a signed copy of UD in the future?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the reduced shipping costs. Makes a massive difference and means that I'll be all caught up on OOTS books!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh no, the calendar is sold out! My own fault for waiting too long - I didn't even think it would have been printed yet (or had the quantity set). This is the first one I'll have missed.
    Last edited by Toper; 2019-11-06 at 09:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Toper View Post
    Oh no, the calendar is sold out! My own fault for waiting too long - I didn't even think it would have been printed yet (or had the quantity set). This is the first one I'll have missed.
    The Giant did warn us this might happen:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Calendar

Q: OK, but the calendar must be a lot cheaper. Surely it doesn't need to be on sale this early.
    A: No, it does not. But people ordering the book now may want to buy the calendar, too, and I didn't want people to feel like they had to hold off buying one to wait for the other to be put on sale at the usual time around Thanksgiving, in case they were hoping to avoid paying twice for shipping. In any event, everything said about trying to judge how many to print goes double for the calendars, which have a limited shelf life (unlike books, which I can keep in stock until they eventually sell). We've had the calendar sell out in pre-orders before, because I set the print quantity based on how many orders have come in by early November—so it's possible to miss out if you wait!
    Granted, it's early November now so it's a bit surprising that it is sold out already.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

amused Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Thanks Ook for the reduced shipping to Germany. Felt bad last time when I ordered via Amazon Marketplace. Now it's fresh from the printing press!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toper View Post
    Me, too. :-(

(And yeah, we were warned; I just didn't think it would be this early they'd be gone.)

19. - Top - End - #109

Be of reduced sadness, for Rich will undoubtedly offer the calendar PDFs again.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Be of reduced sadness, for Rich will undoubtedly offer the calendar PDFs again.
    He undoubtedly will. Actually, he already has, right when he announced the preorder: https://gumroad.com/l/ootscal2020

21. - Top - End - #111
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

So we've added 250 more calendars to Ookoodook's inventory, in case you missed one before it sold out.

This will be the only increase, because the printer only accepts orders in multiples of 500 after this point, and there's no way we're selling another 750 from where we are now. If you want it, order now.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground

So we've added 250 more calendars to Ookoodook's inventory, in case you missed one before it sold out.

This will be the only increase, because the printer only accepts orders in multiples of 500 after this point, and there's no way we're selling another 750 from where we are now. If you want it, order now.
    Your clever plan to make me spend my money now, rather than later (or not at all)....has worked.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Yay!!! Thank you!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bought the PDFs of both! Not sure why the calendar stopped being available on Gumroad, as you can’t sell out of digital copies, but wanted to make sure I had it locked down in case it happened again.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just got notice from OokOokDook that the books are finished printing.

This is your last chance to pre-order the next entry in the Order of the Stick saga, Book 6 - Utterly Dwarfed! The books are off the press and shipping to our fulfillment center in the US. We will begin shipping them during the first week of December.
    I guess that the current strip is the last in the book?

26. - Top - End - #116

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post

I guess that the current strip is the last in the book?
    The end of a book is announced with black panels. We're not quite at the end yet.
    But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the final page has already been drawn and sent to the printers', just not published here yet.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    Weirdly, they sent me an e-mail saying it was my last chance to pre-order, even though I ordered the book back in September...

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Quebbster View Post
    But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the final page has already been drawn and sent to the printers', just not published here yet.
    Probably be posted later today, simultaneously with a "last chance to preorder" news post here.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Weirdly, they sent me an e-mail saying it was my last chance to pre-order, even though I ordered the book back in September...
    That's what's called "sending an e-mail to their whole mailing list, without note as to the order status of the linked account."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Attempting to pre-order the PDF, I get an error message that "your card was not charged, please contact Gumroad". Does this work for other people?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Attempting to pre-order the PDF, I get an error message that "your card was not charged, please contact Gumroad". Does this work for other people?
    I was able to pre-order the PDF without a problem.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2