New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Warning for anyone expecting a pre-ordered PDF download in, uh, two minutes: I had some technical difficulties uploading the Utterly Dwarfed file and I'm not 100% certain this is going to go off without a hitch.

If anyone successfully downloads the file and can look at it, please post here and let me know. Also, include whether or not the watermark is on the front cover (since that was one of the technical sticking points).

Thanks.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

My PDF order is still showing up on Gumroad as "pre-order - your card hasn't been charged yet", as of right now.

EDIT: Also, per your tweet, I have not received a download link in my email and my card still has not been charged. (Something similar happened the last time I tried to pre-order from Gumroad, and I had to cancel the pre-order and just buy it once it was released.)
    Last edited by Ruck; 2019-12-10 at 12:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153

It takes them a few minutes to work through all the pre-order charges, usually.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    My PDF order is still showing up on Gumroad as "pre-order - your card hasn't been charged yet", as of right now.
    I wasn't going to "me too" on this, but I do have additional information; I'm getting this from the My Library page as well, but on the book's page, at 11:00 CST the buttons were "Purchase again" and "Download" (with the download button not working), and now those have been replaced with "I want this!" The change appears to have occurred after getting an email from Gumroad asking me to confirm my email address.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll check again in a little while. (I had problems getting the GDGU pre-order to work as well, eventually having to cancel it and just buy the release.)

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    We'll see if that means no calendar next year, or if I find a comparable alternative printer.

I really hope you can find a good alternative (if not, despite my "eeks" above, I'm pretty I will suffer no lasting harm if there's no calendar).

What are the chances of adding a Apron option to the Tarquin: "You can't make an omelette..." shirt?

Thanks!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #157

They're still charging these on my end, so it looks like it's going to take longer than normal. Possibly because I'm doing two pre-orders at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I wasn't going to "me too" on this, but I do have additional information; I'm getting this from the My Library page as well, but on the book's page, at 11:00 CST the buttons were "Purchase again" and "Download" (with the download button not working), and now those have been replaced with "I want this!" The change appears to have occurred after getting an email from Gumroad asking me to confirm my email address.
    I don't really know what to do with this; they may have canceled your pre-order for some reason?
    Rich Burlew

8. - Top - End - #158

I don't really know what to do with this; they may have canceled your pre-order for some reason?
    It was still listed as a pre-order in my library, with a note saying the card was not yet charged. As of now, card has been charged, it's in my library as purchased, and the main page has it registered as purchased. I'm going to chalk that up to website weirdness that is beyond my knowledge, it's all cleared now.

Also, it downloaded fine, but I'm not seeing the watermark on the cover.

ETA: The digital calendar does have the watermark. The book does not.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-12-10 at 12:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

I got my link to the spell calendar a few minutes ago. Still awaiting the book link.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I've got an email with a download link for the calendar. I then went to my library where I could download the book. The book is without the watermark.

I found an error in the book: Page 3 lists "Civil Servant" as one of the prequels. Is this a companion story to "Uncivil Servant" from somebody else's POV? ;)
    Last edited by Armitage; 2019-12-10 at 12:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Feedback: I bought the book on gumroad but not the calendar. I haven’t gotten any email yet, but my card was charged 5 minutes ago, so I took it as a cue to check the website and the book was available for download. No bookmark on the frontpage.

12. - Top - End - #162

Has anyone actually gotten an email for the book? As opposed to going to your Library and looking for it.

The calendar seems to be going smoothly, probably because it's a lot smaller and a lot fewer people ordered it. So far, no evidence that anyone is getting a book download link in their email.
    Rich Burlew

13. - Top - End - #163

Has anyone actually gotten an email for the book? As opposed to going to your Library and looking for it.
    No. No email for the book.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

I also did not get an email for the book, but I finally got to check my library again a few minutes ago and it was available.

15. - Top - End - #165

Got the book email at 12:55 CST.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'll second that book does not have the watermark on it.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Book PDF lists the title on page 4 of Belkar's story as "Civil Servant," not "Uncivil Servant."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Book PDF lists the title on page 4 of Belkar's story as "Civil Servant," not "Uncivil Servant."
    Wait, is Uncivil Servant included as part of Utterly Dwarfed? I must have missed that in the initial announcement...not that I'm complaining, of course! Love more OOTS whenever I can get it.

On another note, my physical copy of Utterly Dwarfed arrived, though it unfortunately went to another house (as I was living there at the time). Thankfully, I'm on good terms with the current tenant, and they are sending me the book ASAP. The anticipation is almost too much to bare!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    Wait, is Uncivil Servant included as part of Utterly Dwarfed? I must have missed that in the initial announcement...not that I'm complaining, of course!
    No. Page 4 lists the OoTS books and stories.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post

On another note, my physical copy of Utterly Dwarfed arrived, though it unfortunately went to another house (as I was living there at the time). Thankfully, I'm on good terms with the current tenant, and they are sending me the book ASAP. The anticipation is almost too much to bare!
    Now I'm worried my address change didn't go through. Did you request they change the address?

21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    Now I'm worried my address change didn't go through. Did you request they change the address?
    No. My move was very recent, so I assumed it was too late to change my address.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    No. Page 4 lists the OoTS books and stories.
    I see. Thank you!
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-12-10 at 05:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Halfling in the Playground

The calendar seems to be going smoothly, probably because it's a lot smaller and a lot fewer people ordered it. So far, no evidence that anyone is getting a book download link in their email.
    No email for the book (the calendar yes).

Edit: Also confirm: no watermark on the book (the calendar yes).
    Last edited by Unregistered; 2019-12-10 at 05:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

BlueWizardGirl

I got an email with a link to the calendar, but not the book.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am afraid that there might be something wrong with comic 991, side b, in the gumroad pdf. Specifically, the comic bubbles are still there, but the page is otherwise dark.

25. - Top - End - #175

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Alish View Post
    I am afraid that there might be something wrong with comic 991, side b, in the gumroad pdf. Specifically, the comic bubbles are still there, but the page is otherwise dark.
    It’s showing up fine for me; maybe just give it a bit of time to load.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEowyn View Post
    Yeah, I've had some loading issues so far (the file is twice as big as Blood Runs in the Family!) but everything seems to look OK, stray typo here or there aside.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEowyn View Post
    Unfortunately that does not work for me. The pastels in the other books are fine. But since it show to you, the problem is probably on my end.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Not just the PDF - I see the same thing in the printed book.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Typo: on page 136 of the pdf, Serini’s surname is spelled as Moortuck.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

No, the reason you can't order a physical calendar is that we sold out. That is, we placed the order two weeks ago for quantity X, and between that time and now the number of orders reached that quantity. I don't know why the Sold Out banner is so faint like that, it's probably a holdover from another site design scheme.

Okay, thanks.