New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Effects of drinking blood from Perils of the Warp: DtD40k7e

First: this is for a Dungeons the Dragoning game. Pretty much anything from D&D, Whitewolf, Exalted, and the Warhammer franchises is potentially on the table.

Second: set the scene. A halfling mafia underground factory that produces counterfit luxury brand magitech fake breasts using slave labor. It has sufered a mild orbital bombardment that collapsed most of yhe entrances and damaged the nuclear power plant. The slaves have rioted and the murder-bots have gone beserk.

What's happening is the "hero"s are fighting the bots on the factory floor. There are mulched slave corpses from the treads of the bots, a leaking liquid nitrogen tank, and a large pool of shampoo. More importantly a perils roll resulted in a minute of raining blood. The gnome vampire wants to dive into a pool of this blood that collected in a silicone gel tank pit and slurp it up.

Does drinking random blood summoned from a warp effect sound like a good idea? Also, side effects?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Effects of drinking blood from Perils of the Warp: DtD40k7e

Personally, I would have him mark any Vitae gained this way differently. And when he spends them, he automatically has to roll on Phychic Phenomena table. If whatever he spent the point to do would already have that roll, then roll twice and take the higher.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Thats... really good.

I wonder if I can get him to write on his character sheet in sparkley plnk crayon. Sparkley pink sounds like a good Chaos color.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    I wonder if I can get him to write on his character sheet in sparkly pink crayon. Sparkly pink sounds like a good Chaos color.
    This sounds like an excellent goal for a personal mini-game. Let us know what it takes in-game to make that happen!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Well it wasn't sparkly but it was pink. Mechanical pencil instead of crayon. But that means I can use it again.

There was a decently epic fight between Chundarr the Boobarian (four falsies on the chest, one on each leg, one on each shoulder, and four bright red ones as a mohawk) the ork paragon cyber-monk and three PCs. Crushed legs, broken ribs, beating people with zombies, melted face, etc., etc.

Then they went back to the ship and checked into the med-bay. The pink blood points got used to cast hit point healing spells (crits have to heal naturally). Some mook crew members went insane, there was a short gravity flip, some psychic trauma over needles, and all the saline and liquid drugs got turned into more warp blood.

Ironically at one point they considered ordering an orbital strike on their position since they could burn hero points to survive. Then they seemed to forget that the NPC exalts also get hero points. While Chundarr's face was melted off with an energy ball spell they didn't confirm the kill.

I get to use the NPC again.

Edit: Also the vampire's fangs are now four inches long and causing a speech impediment.
    Last edited by Telok; 2019-09-02 at 01:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Sounds like a good time was had by all. And returning NPCs are so rare, but so much fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.