New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero Oh Hero

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Hero Oh Hero

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Meh, I'm kinda cold fish on this whole "Escape the Room filled with Murderhobos" thing. Too many rules, too much exposition. Get to the stabbing
    It would seem Levin agrees.
    And volunteers to be the stabbee.

Seriously, this guy is so bad I would probably kill him even if my secret win condition was keeping him alive.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Levin's secret rule is probably that he's only allowed to win if all the other remaining contestants hate him and want him dead.

That's the only rational explanation I can come up with for his behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    That's the only rational explanation I can come up with for his behavior.
    He's a massive douche, even by Lorg standards. I propose to measure all further douchebaggery in mili-Levins.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

He is such a massive scumbag that he cant even understand he is a massive scumbag.
    Well to be fair, it seems Lorg standards are still pretty horrible.

Or well, we have 2 horrible Lorg people (Levin, Beast Lady).
    And three who so far seems.. normal.. (Cop, Gang member A, Gang member B).
    As well as one unreadable nutjob, who are likely awful (Infinity).
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    He is such a massive scumbag that he cant even understand he is a massive scumbag.
    Well to be fair, it seems Lorg standards are still pretty horrible.

Or well, we have 2 horrible Lorg people (Levin, Beast Lady).
    And three who so far seems.. normal.. (Cop, Gang member A, Gang member B).
    As well as one unreadable nutjob, who are likely awful (Infinity).
    I don't feel like Levin and Fox should be compared on the same level. Don't get me wrong, Fox is selfish and tried to kill Tobi the instant she seemed like a threat, but Levin is even worse, by trying to kill them the first chance he got in order to secure his own advantage.

Also did anyone else catch the joke with Tobi's name? She's Tobi B. King. To Be King, and she's the heir to the current king.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't feel like Levin and Fox should be compared on the same level. Don't get me wrong, Fox is selfish and tried to kill Tobi the instant she seemed like a threat, but Levin is even worse, by trying to kill them the first chance he got in order to secure his own advantage.
    Yeah, Levin triggered the trap to block the "let's all walk away" exit so as to kill the other two, and flee in the escape pod. Then Fox thought she couldn't run as fast as Tobi, so if she wanted to have a chance of tagging along Levin, she had to stop Tobi. Of course it was a bad plan since Levin wasn't going to wait for her, but it's panicked selfishness instead of a cold-blooded selfishness.

Jerk levels in milli-Levins

• 1 mL: the dismantler. Probably the most decent person Tobi encountered outside of Rauel (not counting Three, of course), only tried to get a day of manual labor out of here to pay for the trip.
    • 10 mL: the cop. He seems okay so far. Still, you can't ever fully trust a cop, and we don't know his motive for entering this thing, so it's a provisional score, that may soar depending on future revelations.
    • 100 mL: Eugene. As far as executive from a corporate crime syndicate go, Eugene is really a softy. Sure, he sent Tobi and Three to a death run TV show, but then after she actually survived he went on to genuinely help her. So okay it was motivated by the desire to hamper the Global Order, but it it was all, he wouldn't have given her his stylish red vest. (That she's still wearing.) Also he was actually answering her questions honestly.
    • 1000 mL: Levin, obviously.

Trying to find other people to calibrate the scale. Fox would probably be in the 200 to 400 range. Jay-Jay said she never killed anyone, so she's probably below 100. Still pushed drugs and committed arson. Paladin would be in the 100 to 200 range, she's arrogant and dismissive and she doesn't hesitate to kill to prove a point, as one of Infinite's lieutenants found out. It seems her desire to avoid deaths is more about "keeping collateral damage low" than personal morality. Biker guy I would put with Fox. The Global Order snoop and the skull woman are ciphers but I don't think they can be trusted. Smile guy is probably not out to screw the others directly, but to incite them to screw each others. Infinite-san probably got one of the highest scores, in the 600-to-900 range, as a gang leader and megalomaniacal magic user, but he does have a soft side, so he's not as bad as Levin. Bindy doesn't have a score, as Infinite-san did not give her permission to have one.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. really disagree with those scorings.
    You cant rate people based on their jobs, and you should fully trust a cop (as long as you live in a civilized democracy).
    Also disagree about Eugene. Who more or less work at sending desperate people to their death. He rates closer to 1k.

And certainly disagree about the Paladin, you cant rate people based on liking or disliking them, that ruins the value of the score.
    Yes the Paladin snapped the neck of a murderous thug who as i recall were waving a knife around her face. I see that as a plus.
    She is indeed bossy, but likely thats in part because she is in a position of high authorithy.
    When put on the test she didnt hesitate for a second to vote on sparring a strangers life however.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Levin calls the rules „promising"...
    He does get that he can't kill whoever he acquires coins from, right?
    And that with the way he acts giving people his coins won't be enough to keep them from shiving him.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Levin calls the rules „promising"...
    He does get that he can't kill whoever he acquires coins from, right?
    And that with the way he acts giving people his coins won't be enough to keep them from shiving him.
    I think your misunderstanding Levin.
    He isnt about killing people, or even screwing them over for the lulz.
    The only thing he focus on, 100%, is advancing the cause of Levin.
    He would not care if every single participant walked out alive, as long he had all their money.

And i think he is to confident to believe someone else would be able to shiv him.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. This comic is pretty ****ing great. And not a peep about it?

http://www.neorice.com/hoh_latest

We're getting daily updates and by God that really enhances the pace.

To be honest the wordiness is a bit too much, and it gets bogged down explaining, when it could just show.
    But daily updates completely save the pacing.
    And art is superb.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Damn. This comic is pretty ****ing great. And not a peep about it?

http://www.neorice.com/hoh_latest

We're getting daily updates and by God that really enhances the pace.

To be honest the wordiness is a bit too much, and it gets bogged down explaining, when it could just show.
    But daily updates completely save the pacing.
    And art is superb.
    The thread has been kinda dead a while, yes.
    Also Noah is my personal hero.
    I can really identify myself with him.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Not so much personal hero as a spirit animal

His story is also kinda the best IMO. You get a tutorial on how magic works and his story is basically Harry Potter meets Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (governments, spy, controversies).

In lieu of latest episodes, is Veda trying to kill Mallhart or recruit him? On one hand, he might be a useful teacher otoh, he might be a threat to her...

I like Burk and Tobi too. Tobi a bit more. But she's in Fantasy Big Brother atm, and that story is kinda meh IMO.
    Burk is just ridiculously OP, kinda makes that whole plotline less interesting to follow.
    Last edited by -D-; 2021-04-07 at 08:22 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

It stopped sending me rss updates at 1669 so I kinda forgot about it. Considering I had sorted the feed under bugged (for a few feeds that liked giving me a bunch of their old stuff again periodically) maybe it has something to do with that. Guess I have some catching up to do.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Noah has the best story and is awesome.

I like Burk and Tobi too. Tobi a bit more. But she's in Fantasy Big Brother atm, and that story is kinda meh IMO.
    Burk is just ridiculously OP, kinda makes that whole plotline less interesting to follow.
    I actually really like Tobi and her story, I just feel like her story is dragging on a little bit. Like her 'game' looks to have multiple rounds, and a chapter doesn't even cover a single round. So while I love each time it switches to her, I'm always disappointed by how little progress it makes.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I think its a unique skill of the author, that he manages to make me go "awwww!" with every story cut

But yeah. While Tobi's situation is unique. Then i dont know. It does not feel as meaningful as the other.
    As someone else said. She is caught in fantasy Big Brother.

And yeah. I tough so to for a long while. Even if his hilarious antics did amuse me.
    But the Pirate fight really changed my mind on that. Burk would have been killed had he not been saved by Pablo.
    And he was genuinely spooked by the Blue Ghoul (he likely knew what it was, unlike everyone else).

That showed that while Burk is a big fish, then he isnt the biggest fish.
    And it made him a lot more interesting.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

I think its a unique skill of the author, that he manages to make me go "awwww!" with every story cut
    Yeah. I think he has some good cliffhanger writing skills.

That said when I compared his previous work A Path To Greater Good and Hero, Oh Hero (the parts that are the same).
    HOH came on top. The Burk chapters are just better. Less talk, more action, and he tells the virtually same story.

I fear as HOH moves on, he'll forget to revise his comic and make them denser.

But yeah. While Tobi's situation is unique. Then i dont know. It does not feel as meaningful as the other.
    As someone else said. She is caught in fantasy Big Brother.
    Tobi's story is basically an introduction to Global Order (GO) and the way things function without Magic or Heroes.

Noah - Magic intro, with connection to wider picture here and there.
    Tobi - Intro to Ghouls, GO, and the Magillante.
    Burk - Intro to how things function in Medieval settings, and with Heroes, etc.

Also yeah, I said that (Fantasy Big Brother)

But the Pirate fight really changed my mind on that. Burk would have been killed had he not been saved by Pablo.
    And he was genuinely spooked by the Blue Ghoul (he likely knew what it was, unlike everyone else).

That showed that while Burk is a big fish, then he isnt the biggest fish.
    And it made him a lot more interesting.
    Yup. But instead of throwing fights into fights where he ain't pretending to be left-handed, we get him single-handedly fighting high-rank Heroes.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I think he has some good cliffhanger writing skills.

That said when I compared his previous work A Path To Greater Good and Hero, Oh Hero (the parts that are the same).
    HOH came on top. The Burk chapters are just better. Less talk, more action, and he tells the virtually same story.

I fear as HOH moves on, he'll forget to revise his comic and make them denser.
    Hmm.. its not even always cliffhangers. I think its just as much, for me at least, that i get invested in the story.
    Engaged. Like when you end up reading to 0100 in the night.

Tobi's story is basically an introduction to Global Order (GO) and the way things function without Magic or Heroes.

Noah - Magic intro, with connection to wider picture here and there.
    Tobi - Intro to Ghouls, GO, and the Magillante.
    Burk - Intro to how things function in Medieval settings, and with Heroes, etc.
    Hmm.. i think more the issue is. That all this mess is purely for a passport.
    Tobi has barely made any progress at all besides picking up her faceless friend.
    And we have of course seen a little bit more of that corner of the world. (that as such does have magic, we got 2 magic users in the game).
    As well as learned neat little details about Tobi's grandpa. None of it just really feels that relevant.

Yup. But instead of throwing fights into fights where he ain't pretending to be left-handed, we get him single-handedly fighting high-rank Heroes.
    You.. mean Burk. Not fights there?
    Because yeah. This isnt Burk's challenge. Burk did kinda luck out there. Or more like Goldman got extremely unlucky.
    The Hero with one of the strongest anti-magic powers end fighting Burk. I also think Goldman's ranking were artificially inflated.
    Because he could stick to fights he could win. And worked for a white star hero. At most he was a mid sized fish in a small pond.
    I believe the big fish are Nightshade and Skystroke.

All the same. This isnt Burks chapter.. its the real heroes.. Paplo!
    Paplo who have to babysit both Burk and Sabrina. People who at the time almost act like they intentionally want to sabotage the mission :D
    While dealing with Guy's snark. And with an almost impossible mission.

Yet he still pull though!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm.. its not even always cliffhangers. I think its just as much, for me at least, that i get invested in the story.
    Engaged. Like when you end up reading to 0100 in the night.
    Yeah, that too. I got hooked crawling character archives. Lemme check this one detail. Five hours later This wasn't what I wanted.

Hmm.. i think more the issue is. That all this mess is purely for a passport.
    Tobi has barely made any progress at all besides picking up her faceless friend.
    True, I guess. Though even Noah made little progress. I'm wondering when will he use his powers more (I know that sounds evil to say to Noah). But. I want more Psychonauting.

And we have of course seen a little bit more of that corner of the world. (that as such does have magic, we got 2 magic users in the game).
    Tobi's grandpa details aside, we learned a lot about Magilante. It seems it gives out its hardware freely. You got Lorg, with GO, magic, and technology. You got Justopia with tech and no mages (until recently).

You.. mean Burk. Not fights there?
    Because yeah. This isnt Burk's challenge. Burk did kinda luck out there. Or more like Goldman got extremely unlucky.
    The Hero with one of the strongest anti-magic powers end fighting Burk. I also think Goldman's ranking were artificially inflated.
    I don't know kinda. Or just make him in a position where his match-up is difficult enough that he wants to avoid. Not fight head-on. Like I dunno, some mage he's a bad match-up against.

True about Goldman I did overlook that he was rank jostling. Although I thought that was his power.

All the same. This isnt Burks chapter.. its the real heroes.. Paplo!
    Paplo who have to babysit both Burk and Sabrina. People who at the time almost act like they intentionally want to sabotage the mission :D
    While dealing with Guy's snark. And with an almost impossible mission.
    But. It is. It says Burk on the tin
    Yeah, Pablo is the glue holding it all together.

I can't blame Sabrina, she's lusting after a bishonen protagonist. That's almost any girl :P

Burk on the other hand is unique. He's basically the Dumb Muscle that makes any other Dumb Muscle look like Einstein.
    Guy is just a cool detective, he has to be snarky.
    Last edited by -D-; 2021-04-12 at 04:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Burk on the other hand is unique. He's basically the Dumb Muscle that makes any other Dumb Muscle look like Einstein.
    We've been getting hints for a while that it's an act and he's not actually that dumb.

Most recently (and blatantly) here: http://neorice.com/hoh_burk_1695

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

True, I guess. Though even Noah made little progress. I'm wondering when will he use his powers more (I know that sounds evil to say to Noah). But. I want more Psychonauting.
    Hmm.. if you measure Noah in another way besides "use his power" then a lot of progress has actually taken place.
    He discovered his magic, got discovered, got send to magic school, learned about magic, got send on a mission, got caught,
    got rescued, helped catch Malhards Kids, got dragged though an assult on a military base, and eventually saw Veda put a scheme in motion that involves Malhard.

That is a lot of important events. Even if Noah spend a lot of time on the floor.

Tobi's grandpa details aside, we learned a lot about Magilante. It seems it gives out its hardware freely. You got Lorg, with GO, magic, and technology. You got Justopia with tech and no mages (until recently).
    Well. I dont think we can call it a lot? we still only know Magilante exports technology. Mostly non-military.
    Actually likely strictly non-military. Justopia's tech seem limited to mostly a few basic civilian infrastructure things. Radio and trains.

I don't know kinda. Or just make him in a position where his match-up is difficult enough that he wants to avoid. Not fight head-on. Like I dunno, some mage he's a bad match-up against.

True about Goldman I did overlook that he was rank jostling. Although I thought that was his power.
    Well Goldman is a complex case? On one hand he has a ability to perfectly estimate odds of something.
    Meaning he can run a rather impressive win streak. And to argument that he has a couple powers that counters certain other types of opponents.
    Like his spirit bullet. And Golden shield thingy. So for anyone not Burk he is a much bigger deal.

Guy is just a cool detective, he has to be snarky.
    We've been getting hints for a while that it's an act and he's not actually that dumb.
    Hint my shiny crystal ass

Burk straight up had to break character during the Aria fight. When the blue Ghoul appeared.
    If you read the chapter again, starting at page 852. The try and pay attention to just how much Burk's behavior changes.
    Especially in 898. Where Burk Predicts What trick Aria will pull.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm.. if you measure Noah in another way besides "use his power" then a lot of progress has actually taken place.
    He discovered his magic, got discovered, got send to magic school, learned about magic, got send on a mission, got caught
    I dunno as a character he didn't change much from his scaredy-cat ways. His physical prowess notwithstanding.

Well. I dont think we can call it a lot? we still only know Magilante exports technology. Mostly non-military.
    Actually likely strictly non-military. Justopia's tech seem limited to mostly a few basic civilian infrastructure things. Radio and trains.
    http://www.neorice.com/hoh/1205_Noah.png

That one Emperor train definitely seemed militarily oriented. Not to mention the guns and shotguns, which are given out in Lorg. Otherwise people in betrayal game wouldn't know what it is.

Hint my shiny crystal ass

Burk straight up had to break character during the Aria fight. When the blue Ghoul appeared.
    If you read the chapter again, starting at page 852. The try and pay attention to just how much Burk's behavior changes.
    Especially in 898. Where Burk Predicts What trick Aria will pull.
    I understood that Bender reference

Yeah, with Burk I'm not sure how much is that his insane instincts and how much is just DUMB luck. I'm starting to think Burk maxed STR and LUCK at expense of everything else.

Remember when he decided to interrogate the cats. And it turned out one cat was actually a spy or something.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno as a character he didn't change much from his scaredy-cat ways. His physical prowess notwithstanding.
    Oh Noah barely changed at all. And his physical prowess is still close to 0.
    But his story progressed. A lot of very significant things have taken place there.

http://www.neorice.com/hoh/1205_Noah.png

That one Emperor train definitely seemed militarily oriented. Not to mention the guns and shotguns, which are given out in Lorg. Otherwise people in betrayal game wouldn't know what it is.
    Well. Its not. Its just a huge train they smacked armor plating on. But i would dare the claim a train is one of the least military vehicles you can find.

And thats in Lorg. Its a completely different place.
    Where by the way. We dont have any guarantee its not produced locally. I mean. When first you have a gun. Then its really, really easy to make a second if your a scientist.
    Like they clearly have a lot off in Lorg/GO.

Yeah, with Burk I'm not sure how much is that his insane instincts and how much is just DUMB luck. I'm starting to think Burk maxed STR and LUCK at expense of everything else.

Remember when he decided to interrogate the cats. And it turned out one cat was actually a spy or something.
    That was actually the thing i tried to indicate. That Burk only act like an idiot.
    When the situation gets sufficiently dangerous. Then he starts acting smart.

Try and take a careful look at Burks comment in 887. On the sudden red glow.
    Burk "The side effect of a previously unnoticed magic power. The is only one fact of interest so far."
    Pablo "You sound oddly serious, what fact?"
    Burk "only one person here who does not look Surprised"

That dialog read as if it came from an entirely different person then our favorite serial streaker.
    But it shows a rather high degree of perception and logic. And that leads to the conclusion Burk is a -LOT- smarter than he pretends to be.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh Noah barely changed at all. And his physical prowess is still close to 0.
    But his story progressed. A lot of very significant things have taken place there.
    Sure but I do want to see Noah grow. In APTGG he seemed less scaredy-cat and even called Lina out on some of her bull****.

Well. Its not. Its just a huge train they smacked armor plating on. But i would dare the claim a train is one of the least military vehicles you can find.
    Well, we didn't seem to see it in action. I suspect it has guns and whatever needed.

Where by the way. We dont have any guarantee its not produced locally. I mean. When first you have a gun. Then it's really, really easy to make a second if you're a scientist.
    Well according to this:
    http://www.neorice.com/hoh_tobi_843

Guns are Magilante tech. There isn't a single person that can repair them, let alone make them. It probably implies Magilante disappears the people that could repair it.

Also most science in HOH is magic based. E.g. GO, with their pod soldiers and other nations using magic people.

That was actually the thing i tried to indicate. That Burk only act like an idiot.
    When the situation gets sufficiently dangerous. Then he starts acting smart.

That dialog read as if it came from an entirely different person then our favorite serial streaker.
    But it shows a rather high degree of perception and logic. And that leads to the conclusion Burk is a -LOT- smarter than he pretends to be.
    Right. But why the act, though? Other than the Rule of Cool, and some variation of "I'm not left-handed" trope.

Also, some things can't be explained by smarts either.
    Like interrogating cats seem wtf. No intelligent person would do that unless he knew specifically there is a hidden agent among the cats.

I don't deny Burk is smart, he looks like the Dumbest Muscle alive. Who knows. Maybe that's his shtick. He has a penalty of Low Int most of the time,
    to get huge boost to STR and LUCK.

-------------

Oh carp, I forgot. Tobi was updated. Lord Infinite managed to climb the Mili-Levin scale of douchebaggery. And stands at 0.6 Levin (he went from 100 mLev to 600 mLev). Congrats Lord Infinite. This was the fastest increase in Levins the comics had seen.
    Last edited by -D-; 2021-04-15 at 06:03 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Sure but I do want to see Noah grow. In APTGG he seemed less scaredy-cat and even called Lina out on some of her bull****.
    It seem less that he is scared. And more that he is extremely apathetic.
    And it would be nice to see a bit of growth.

Well, we didn't seem to see it in action. I suspect it has guns and whatever needed.
    We dont have any evidence of that. It would i think be the first guns we have seen the empire posses.
    Also. it is a train. Guns are kinda useless on it. As it can only go where there are rails.

Well according to this:
    http://www.neorice.com/hoh_tobi_843

Guns are Magilante tech. There isn't a single person that can repair them, let alone make them. It probably implies Magilante disappears the people that could repair it.

Also most science in HOH is magic based. E.g. GO, with their pod soldiers and other nations using magic people.
    Well. It should be pointed out that the source who says guns are magilente tech, that cant be repaired, is a trash collecter who were proven wrong next comic.
    The magic science we have seen are orders of a magnitude more complex than a gun. If places like Lorg, GO or the place Pablo is from isnt making them.
    Then it almost have to be because its so much easier to get them from the living city. I mean. Everyone in Tobi's game recognises guns. They are clearly rather common.

Right. But why the act, though? Other than the Rule of Cool, and some variation of "I'm not left-handed" trope.

Also, some things can't be explained by smarts either.
    Like interrogating cats seem wtf. No intelligent person would do that unless he knew specifically there is a hidden agent among the cats.

I don't deny Burk is smart, he looks like the Dumbest Muscle alive. Who knows. Maybe that's his shtick. He has a penalty of Low Int most of the time,
    to get huge boost to STR and LUCK.
    Its impossible to say why the act. Burk is still an enigma. But when a person that so far acted like a fool display intelligence in a life or death situation.
    Then i take it as solid evidence it was just that. An act. Or perhaps the result of Burk simply not bothering to think most of the time.
    Most of the time he does not need to. Most of the time he is a huge fish in a tiny pond. So nothing is much of a threat.

Else. The bit about interrogating cats can be explained by smarts easily.
    The smart person could recognise playing with cats is a -lot- more fun than Pablo's talky stuff. Where your not allowed to punch people.
    Or that its what your suposed to do, if you want to keep up your "im a harmless moron" act.

Though int does not work that way unless Burk has a Pandemonium power that allows him to exchange int for power.
    Currently i think it is most likely he just fool around for the lulz.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

Lord Infinite is many things.
    Evil, a jerk, a crime lord, probably untrustworthy, likely up to no good...
    He's also right. If the team doesn't work with him, why work with them?
    I mean sure, there was a pretty good chance he'd've pulled this stunt anyway, but it would've been a better chance than doing nothing.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

It seem less that he is scared. And more that he is extremely apathetic.
    (A)pathetic , avoidant, chicken. He avoids action at all costs, which is interesting for a protagonist. From what I understand his Pandemonium is some kind of wishing power, which is probably the strongest possible power.

Also. it is a train. Guns are kinda useless on it. As it can only go where there are rails.
    If Metal Slug taught me anything , is that if there is a giant plated train, it must have guns or at least gun nests.

We dont have any evidence of that. It would i think be the first guns we have seen the empire posses.
    Wait. What about http://www.neorice.com/hoh_noah_268

We saw at least one gun wielded by one of the heads of the navy IIRC. Maybe only the navy is allowed to carry guns?
    Perhaps Emperor & President agreed to not have guns among the populace. Or maybe Magilante didn't give enough guns.

Well. It should be pointed out that the source who says guns are magilente tech, that cant be repaired, is a trash collecter who were proven wrong next comic.
    Missing the context. Tobi is alien to their world. He's still right. Her having the knowledge to repair tech is an abberation.

The magic science we have seen are orders of a magnitude more complex than a gun. If places like Lorg, GO or the place Pablo is from isnt making them.
    Then it almost have to be because its so much easier to get them from the living city. I mean. Everyone in Tobi's game recognises guns. They are clearly rather common.
    Well. Magic science probably has more bang for the buck than regular science. I mean. It's ****in' magic. You could do anything.

Compare magic to our real world:
    - They have people that turn cities into sinkholes.
    - They have people that can teleport entire navies
    - People with Hyper regeneration that can turn tanks like Pirate of the Storm into mincemeat
    - Regenerating masses of bones and sinew that can capture or eliminate people (even magic users) with little resistance
    - Converting organic matter into gold
    - etc.

Though int does not work that way unless Burk has a Pandemonium power that allows him to exchange int for power.
    Currently i think it is most likely he just fool around for the lulz.
    I think it's stated Burk doesn't use magic.
    Burk is like that hyper-muscled guy from Rex vs Reynalde fight that took absolutely brutal damage.

Maybe he has some gamified trait-like in FO, that allows you to have an effect, for a penalty.

I think the world is very game-like, so that kind of limit makes sense.

New comic

I mean sure, there was a pretty good chance he'd've pulled this stunt anyway, but it would've been a better chance than doing nothing.
    Absolutely.
    They antagonized him throughout and I'm guessing he's going to use his powers to put his team in the hot seat.

I must admit, I love the double-page Tobi panel.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

New comic

Yup. I mean, if they had worked with him, maybe he'd still screw them over, but he'd likely give them a few Oranges to soften the blow.

But all told, they've been treating him like an enemy so why not act like an enemy? Can't burn a bridge if it is already on fire.

Still I think Tobi needs to break out of her competitive mindset and remember what her actual goals are. She doesn't need extra money or anything like that. She just needs to survive, to get her passport, so she can leave Lorg. Her only concern should be keeping herself and her friends alive. Sure, save all she can because she is a good person. But why should she care if Infinite wins? In fact, him getting a commanding lead is a good thing. Yeah, he's likely to try and pick someone to go on trial, maybe the paladin, maybe someone else. But he wants Tobi alive, so I doubt he'll risk putting her on trial. And being put on trial is not a guaranteed death sentence. And if he's in the lead from now on? Than that will be the last trial in the game. Which is a good thing from Tobi's standard.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic

I apologize for measuring Lord Infinite in mili Levins. All measurements of Lord Infinite will now be done with Giga Chad.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

From what I understand his Pandemonium is some kind of wishing power, which is probably the strongest possible power.
    His power is a complete mystery.
    In part due to his reluctance to use or experiment with it.
    Well at the same time. It is likely wise to keep it a secret.

Wait. What about http://www.neorice.com/hoh_noah_268

We saw at least one gun wielded by one of the heads of the navy IIRC. Maybe only the navy is allowed to carry guns?
    Perhaps Emperor & President agreed to not have guns among the populace. Or maybe Magilante didn't give enough guns.
    Oh fair point. The Admiral had a gun. It seemed like the only one in the building though.
    Even professor Null had to settle for a crossbow. Seems likely they are extremely rare at the very least.
    It can even easily be that rifle was the personal weapon of said admiral.

Missing the context. Tobi is alien to their world. He's still right. Her having the knowledge to repair tech is an abberation.
    No its not missing the contex. It directly proves said narrator were unreliable. And they life in a world full of abberations.
    Another prime case is the location the game takes place in. That spot is to advanced. You cant have something like that without at least passing information on how to repair or modify tech.
    Not when Magilent produces things blindly. Tobi's ability is still priceless. Its just not unique.

I think it's stated Burk doesn't use magic.
    Burk is like that hyper-muscled guy from Rex vs Reynalde fight that took absolutely brutal damage.

Maybe he has some gamified trait-like in FO, that allows you to have an effect, for a penalty.

I think the world is very game-like, so that kind of limit makes sense.
    Oh the muscle guy there absolutely uses magic. And a lot of it.

But i dont think the world is meant to be gammified at all. Thats Tobi's world.
    So i do think thats skewing your perception of the story in weird directions ?

30. - Top - End - #60

I'm starting to actually like the Bluebeard of Happiness. He's having a lot of fun, and he's right -- better him than Levin.