The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hero Oh Hero

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Hero Oh Hero

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Meh, I'm kinda cold fish on this whole "Escape the Room filled with Murderhobos" thing. Too many rules, too much exposition. Get to the stabbing
    It would seem Levin agrees.
    And volunteers to be the stabbee.

Seriously, this guy is so bad I would probably kill him even if my secret win condition was keeping him alive.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Levin's secret rule is probably that he's only allowed to win if all the other remaining contestants hate him and want him dead.

That's the only rational explanation I can come up with for his behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    That's the only rational explanation I can come up with for his behavior.
    He's a massive douche, even by Lorg standards. I propose to measure all further douchebaggery in mili-Levins.
    Ruler of Floating pyramids.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

He is such a massive scumbag that he cant even understand he is a massive scumbag.
    Well to be fair, it seems Lorg standards are still pretty horrible.

Or well, we have 2 horrible Lorg people (Levin, Beast Lady).
    And three who so far seems.. normal.. (Cop, Gang member A, Gang member B).
    As well as one unreadable nutjob, who are likely awful (Infinity).
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    He is such a massive scumbag that he cant even understand he is a massive scumbag.
    Well to be fair, it seems Lorg standards are still pretty horrible.

Or well, we have 2 horrible Lorg people (Levin, Beast Lady).
    And three who so far seems.. normal.. (Cop, Gang member A, Gang member B).
    As well as one unreadable nutjob, who are likely awful (Infinity).
    I don't feel like Levin and Fox should be compared on the same level. Don't get me wrong, Fox is selfish and tried to kill Tobi the instant she seemed like a threat, but Levin is even worse, by trying to kill them the first chance he got in order to secure his own advantage.

Also did anyone else catch the joke with Tobi's name? She's Tobi B. King. To Be King, and she's the heir to the current king.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't feel like Levin and Fox should be compared on the same level. Don't get me wrong, Fox is selfish and tried to kill Tobi the instant she seemed like a threat, but Levin is even worse, by trying to kill them the first chance he got in order to secure his own advantage.
    Yeah, Levin triggered the trap to block the "let's all walk away" exit so as to kill the other two, and flee in the escape pod. Then Fox thought she couldn't run as fast as Tobi, so if she wanted to have a chance of tagging along Levin, she had to stop Tobi. Of course it was a bad plan since Levin wasn't going to wait for her, but it's panicked selfishness instead of a cold-blooded selfishness.

Jerk levels in milli-Levins

• 1 mL: the dismantler. Probably the most decent person Tobi encountered outside of Rauel (not counting Three, of course), only tried to get a day of manual labor out of here to pay for the trip.
    • 10 mL: the cop. He seems okay so far. Still, you can't ever fully trust a cop, and we don't know his motive for entering this thing, so it's a provisional score, that may soar depending on future revelations.
    • 100 mL: Eugene. As far as executive from a corporate crime syndicate go, Eugene is really a softy. Sure, he sent Tobi and Three to a death run TV show, but then after she actually survived he went on to genuinely help her. So okay it was motivated by the desire to hamper the Global Order, but it it was all, he wouldn't have given her his stylish red vest. (That she's still wearing.) Also he was actually answering her questions honestly.
    • 1000 mL: Levin, obviously.

Trying to find other people to calibrate the scale. Fox would probably be in the 200 to 400 range. Jay-Jay said she never killed anyone, so she's probably below 100. Still pushed drugs and committed arson. Paladin would be in the 100 to 200 range, she's arrogant and dismissive and she doesn't hesitate to kill to prove a point, as one of Infinite's lieutenants found out. It seems her desire to avoid deaths is more about "keeping collateral damage low" than personal morality. Biker guy I would put with Fox. The Global Order snoop and the skull woman are ciphers but I don't think they can be trusted. Smile guy is probably not out to screw the others directly, but to incite them to screw each others. Infinite-san probably got one of the highest scores, in the 600-to-900 range, as a gang leader and megalomaniacal magic user, but he does have a soft side, so he's not as bad as Levin. Bindy doesn't have a score, as Infinite-san did not give her permission to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. really disagree with those scorings.
    You cant rate people based on their jobs, and you should fully trust a cop (as long as you live in a civilized democracy).
    Also disagree about Eugene. Who more or less work at sending desperate people to their death. He rates closer to 1k.

And certainly disagree about the Paladin, you cant rate people based on liking or disliking them, that ruins the value of the score.
    Yes the Paladin snapped the neck of a murderous thug who as i recall were waving a knife around her face. I see that as a plus.
    She is indeed bossy, but likely thats in part because she is in a position of high authorithy.
    When put on the test she didnt hesitate for a second to vote on sparring a strangers life however.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Levin calls the rules „promising"...
    He does get that he can't kill whoever he acquires coins from, right?
    And that with the way he acts giving people his coins won't be enough to keep them from shiving him.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Levin calls the rules „promising"...
    He does get that he can't kill whoever he acquires coins from, right?
    And that with the way he acts giving people his coins won't be enough to keep them from shiving him.
    I think your misunderstanding Levin.
    He isnt about killing people, or even screwing them over for the lulz.
    The only thing he focus on, 100%, is advancing the cause of Levin.
    He would not care if every single participant walked out alive, as long he had all their money.

And i think he is to confident to believe someone else would be able to shiv him.