The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

Without further ado, Markas took Ais with him as he left the castle to his first stop, Gemstar to pick up his order of ioun stones...
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun steps in and closes the door behind him, leaving Malaika outside.

That list would be quite handy. It's troubling to learn that the kitchen staff were effected. Evil doers with access to all of our meals, that could have ushered a host of problems, poisoning the Monarch among many less drastic things. Glad to be rid of that threat for now. As for the guards, that's somewhat less surprising. With Cedric's disappearance, the guards, especially ones on dungeon duty have been suspect. However, that's only part of why I'm calling on you now. Yesterday, as soon as the artifact was activated, Unwin began acting in a peculiar way which culminated in him entering his room consuming what appears to be an elixir of Shadow Walking, and fading into the inky blackness of the shadows. He's effectively gone for now unless we find a way to track him, or become able to intercept him. This is extremely concerning behavior for one sworn to serve the Princess, especially in such times as this. I need to find him. Something about your manner when last we spoke told me there was more you wished to say, but there were too many ears present. I have come to you alone in hopes that you might know something that I don't. he lays it out for the aged gnome, a sign that he was in no mind for playing games.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Umbear
    Show
    Most of the cells were empty. In one cell, the two weretiger mercenaries from the pre-festival heist sat back to back, their eyes tracking him slowly as Umbear walked by, their noses twitching.
    In the cells adjacent to theirs, were the two other werewolves from that group besides Cedric, their large wolf companions by their sides. The lycanthropes didn't look up, but their wolves did, noses twitching. The male wolf growled, while the female, now showing signs of her pregnancy, retreated behind her master's legs.
    On the other side of the aisle, the necromancer undertaker Jaylyn had fought paced back and forth in his cell, muttering under his breath.
    After a gap of a few empty cells, Umbear found the dungeon's last two occupants, separated by an empty cell between them. Both were ratfolk. Umbear immediately recognized one of them as the rat he and Gorrun had talked to last evening. The other rat was solid black with red eyes. Neither seemed to notice Umbear or Catalina.

The guards dispersed a bit at Tasidar's approach. They noted his stars and bowed.
    "Lieutenant General! Well met," one said, stepping forward.
    "This wagon is having some trouble," he said, gesturing to the vehicle the guards previously surrounded.

"I run deliveries to alchemist shops," the driver explained. "The cart broke down and I can't figure out how it happened. And we can't move the wagon because every time we try, it starts to splinter and fall apart! My cargo is highly volatile alchemical ingredients! They'll leave a crater in the road and take all of us with it if they fall to the ground!" he said urgently.

One of the other guards grimaced. "We can't seem to take the barrels out of the wagon either," she noted. "They act like they're glued to the cart unless they're threatening to fall out!"

"i'm starting to suspect some kind of tampering," the driver sighed. "I don't know what the goal is, but this is a dangerous situation."

Nameless glanced sidelong at Jaylyn.
    "What do you mean? There's more types of medium armor than that! Especially in the East, where we're both from! There's a type I know of that's similar to scale mail, but a little bit better. It's made of an interlocking chevron pattern that resembles an ancient Eastern symbol for 'mountain', which is why it's usually called 'mountain pattern' armor. It's about the same as just a breastplate, but it costs almost half as much. Which, to me, makes it superior, even if it's a little heavier. If we get some made of mithral, then it'll be even more flexible!" Nameless explained. "And mithral weighs less too, so that will help counter the difference from a breastplate."
    "You don't get to be proficient with armor without learning a thing or two about it," she pointed out.

Markas was able to pick up his completed ioun stones with no problems.

Viridessa adjusted her glasses and sat back.
    "I wouldn't worry too much about the kitchen staff that were culled. I'd been keeping an eye on them for some time. Rest assured, if anyone slipped anything into the Princess' food, the food would wind up on the floor by some mysterious means," the gnomish woman said with a mischievous sparkle in her eyes.
    "Yes, Unwin dropped by here to file his usual paperwork on his way out. I'm not supposed to read it, but of course I do anyway," she said with a slight smile. "His file says he's got a lead and is going undercover to investigate it, and will be unavailable through the regular communication channels. As much as I detest the lashunta, there's nothing that strikes me as terribly unusual about that," she said.
    "But if you need to find him, he can't hide from me half as well as he thinks," Viridessa added, her smile widening.
    Her expression sobered and she leaned over her desk, steepling her fingers.
    "You are correct, I know a good deal that you don't. Most is likely not of interest to you. I have always tried to pass along pertinent information to you. There is a limit to how much I can help without endangering myself, though. I am not Head of Intelligence, so there are certain things that I could get in a lot of trouble for knowing, let alone spreading. I could lose my job, and put all of my sources in danger."
    "There are... a lot of things at work in this castle that I cannot freely discuss. Doing so would violate several trusts and put a lot of lives in danger. My sources cannot be effective if too many people know about them. But if you really want to know something about them, tell Aistriú 'the Mab gives you the mirror,' and they will tell you something about it. And by 'you' I mean Aistriú, to be clear. If you say 'me' instead of 'you', you'll confuse them," Viridessa said with a chuckle.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: dm only
    Show
    umbear takes note of everyone's location. He looks at the ratfolk hed seen the night before and glares from his stealthed location. He moved to his targets cage and takes a look with his goggles of true sight, to analyze the dweomer of the cell and all its contents. He looks for where exactly the anti magic field starts in relation to the cage, bar, and the floor, the specifics of the drain. All details of the cell are concerned in his observations.

(1d20+60)[73] stealth for umbear
    (1d20+24)[44] stealth for katalina
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Aistriú? Gorrun mused. You... huh. I always knew you had eyes and ears all over the place, but I guess I sort of just assumed it was castle staff, servants and pages and whatnot. That aside, I respect your position and I would not endanger you. Aurix told you earlier that we suspect agents within the castle are responsible for the release of Cedric. And also, in like manner, the opening of the abyssal rift that is consuming the Alchemist's tower. The guards being infiltrated by bad actors could explain the first, but wouldn't explain the second. I need to know anything you can tell me in connection with those two events in particular. And also, if you learn of Unwin's location, please send me a message. There very well may be a valid reason for his behavior, but I have to find him to find out. I've trusted him for years. I sincerely hope that my trust was not misplaced, but if I find out otherwise, may the gods have mercy.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    The cell is approximately 20x20x20, the drain too small for a human hand to fit down, and is covered by a metal grate bolted to the drainpipe. There are no magic auras anywhere in the cell, only from the glowing stone embedded in the ceiling. As far as Umbear can tell, it fills the cell with no gaps, and overlaps the bars so that prisoners cannot use touch abilities to affect the bars. It's pretty thoroughly secure, and obvious why guards were not largely a concern prior to Cedric's escape.

Viridessa looked down at her desk and smiled. "Oh, the servants are useful sources of information. Gossip has always been the currency of status for those who lack social standing but work with those who do. I have always made sure to rearrange the staff so that those who attend to the Princess are those who do not engage in idle talk. Princess Geiravor is too trusting sometimes." The gnome looked back up, at the shobhad general.
    "Whoever set Cedric free was careful. They kept themselves cloaked, their face covered. They left no tracks or clues of their own, but did not cover Cedric's trail. The bars of his cell were not broken, bent or tampered with. The accomplice was either very, very skilled at picking locks, or had a key. The Champion and Geiravor thought Cedric's tracks to the back exit of the dungeon a false trail and that they escaped down the tunnel they found. I already told you both why that's not possible. The accomplice also knew the guard schedule well enough to know when to slip in. The castle dungeon's anti-magic cells are so secure, it's nearly impossible to break out without help; which is why it had only light guards. You tripled the watch in there, so it would be even more difficult to break someone out unnoticed."
    "You do have the other lycanthropes down there though. I believe some of them have the ability to detect scents, and may recognize the scent of the one who set their comrade free. If you can convince them to talk."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-11-17 at 12:25 AM.
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Dm only
    Show
    umbear observes and watches over everything as an idea forms in his head and he smiles a wicked trickster smile. The smile quickly fades as he looks between the two rats, unsure which one is the proper target. He curses inwardly before guiding katalina out of the dungeons and to his room.

(1d20+60)[72] stealth for umbear
    (1d20+24)[27] stealth for katalina

In umbears room again umbear puts a kiss on katalina forehead and hugs her.

"You did real good. I've put in an order to make you even better. Now, I need to make a quick.... message. "

Umbear lays on this bed but hangs off the side, letting a hand touch the stone floor. He communes with the stone to send his face to ra via elemental transmission. 10 minutes later he whispers gently.

"Ra.... Ra.... can you hear me?"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-11-17 at 01:04 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn returned the glance and then let out a little giggle, "Those three are the only medium armors I knew of. Then again I normally don't wear armor so my knowledge is way less." Jaylyn said with a smile. "Tell ya what" you know what you need, gear wise, so why don't WE go to the lab. You can order what you need and I'll pay for it, so long as it don't go over five hundred ninety thousand gold, we're good." Jaylyn finished turning to face the hallway and began walking.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor stomped her way to Viridessa's desk in time to catch Gorrun. "Gorrun, Viridessa. Just the people we're looking for. General, what have you discovered about the disappeared individual's temporary quarters?" She asked straight away.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-11-17 at 03:02 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

10. - Top - End - #760

PaladinGuy

"Every one step back from the wagon. Let me see what's going on here." Tasidar makes everyone stand back and then moves forward to inspect the wagon. His eyes glow as he looks all over the damaged section, underneath and all around.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast: see magic, read magic
    Rolls: Perception (1d20+44)[63] , if needed spellcraft (1d20+36)[55]

Tasidar looks to the wagon owner. "The goods are held tight, is this your doing? Where did you pick up these items? Do you know anyone that would be after you for any reason and had access to your wagon?"
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-18 at 03:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun was just about to respond to Viradessa when Geiravor showed up. The General snapped to. Your majesty, I'm sure Aurix has already informed you that he left his quarters in immaculate condition. Not so much as a hair on the linens. The only things I have to add to Aurix's investigation is that he had prepared the room previously, he spent very little time within the room yesterday, and he left the room by shadow walking. In fact, he only entered the room yesterday long enough to consume an elixir and fade into the shadows. I suspect he was staying somewhere else, he would almost have to have been in order to maintain his quarters in such pristine shape. And traveling the shadows like that, he could be anywhere by now. If there is a way to track the arcane trail of the shadow walk spell, it is beyond my knowledge. I'm sorry. Evidence mounts, suspicion is rife, but it's still inconclusive. I hope to find him and question him. It will anger him without doubt, but it may be the only way to progress.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Tasidar
    Show
    You see a strong aura on the wagon.
    Spellcraft reveals the wagon is not a magic item, therefore it must be some kind of magic placed on the wagon.
    Spoiler: Arcana DC 24 to identify aura's school of magic
    Show
    Necromancy

"Oh, no Milord, I only tied the barrels down. I haven't the ability to magically glue my wares to my wagon. My brother and I run an alchemical reagent factory. It's my wagon, and my goods, and I'm taking them to an alchemy shop near the market square," the driver explained.
    "I don't know of any enemies either my brother or I would have, but I s'pose there's always some risk of pissing off customers. I don't know that even a very disgruntled customer would be angry enough to attempt to murder me, let alone a bunch of innocent townsfolk who happened to be too close."

"GAAAH!" the red kitsune launched sideways out of his seat as Umbear's face emerged from the stone wall next to him. Cards went flying in all directions, scattering across the table, across the hapless rogue's plate of food, and all over the floor. He feebly gripped the edge of the table with both hands and lifted himself up until his nose poked over the top. Ears flat and eyes wide. Ra stared at the weird manifestation.
    "Loki's gods' be-damned dirty stockings, Umbear, what in Niffleheim are you doing?!" he snarled. "Awww, mannn, my breakfast and this deck of cards are ruined!"
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-11-19 at 12:58 AM.
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #763

RedWizardGuy

Markas's next stop was to visit Brynhidr to sell some older items he no longer needed, plus to enhance himself and some of the items he still possessed. When he reached her lobby he called out for her, "Brynhildr? You home? I have some merchandise to exchange and some services to request."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix looks disgruntled. He pounds his fist into his palm. "Damn it all! He could be a traitor or just an arse. The only thing I know for absolute sure is that when we put those defenses into place, he was [I]livid[/]. How long after that did he leave, could you tell?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Umbears stone face smiled.

"Sorry to bother your breakfast my friend. If I could hug you through the stone I would, but it's not a great idea I suppose. I picked up a new trick that allows me to find anyone. I guess I'll have to pick when. To drop in on you... wouldnt wanna... interrupt...."

Umbear wiggles his eyebrows

"So... I need help. I need a powerful potion crafter, someone that can craft heroic levels of potions. Can you get me in contact with... someone in the guild, or under the table who doesnt ask questions?"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-11-19 at 11:09 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #766

PaladinGuy

Tasidar ponders a bit, then his hands glow as he targets the wagon, then a few seconds later the wagon starts to repair itself.

Show
    Dispel magic (1d20+24)[25], Mend cast to repair wagon, as many as needed.

"Can your brother use magic, or does he deal with these ingredients the same as you? Do you owe anyone money? Do any of your not pleased customers deal in magic of the necromatic sort, or your brother for that matter if he can use magic?"

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Ra glared suspiciously at Umbear's facsimile.
    "Wait, how much around me can you see?" Frowning, the kitsune flicked sodden cards off his breakfast tray and grabbed the two cooling sunyside-up fried eggs and slapped them over the stone ogre's eyes.
    "You're not supposed to see anything in here!" he said sternly.
    Ra sighed.
    "So basically, you're asking to speak to Ptah? Nobody speaks to Ptah anymore. He is truly a recluse. I can try sending him a letter requesting what you want him to make, but there's no guarantees he'll do it. I have a vague idea of where he's holed up if you'd rather try to find him yourself and convince him. The last person to see him, to my knowledge, was Qetesh about four years ago. And she said it took quite a bit of convincing to get him to work on her tattoo and ioun stone. After that, he packed up and moved hideouts and nobody knows exactly where he went," Ra said, tone flat and annoyed.
    "If you go to the city with the Eastern Crystal Lighthouse, which is the same city that has that hoity-toity magic academy, you can get in touch with our branch leader over there, Sobek. Ptah lives somewhere in the mountains near that city, Kystby. Sobek might have more information."

Tasidar's dispel didn't appear to have any effect. A few casts of 'Mending' and the wagon looked to be in much better shape. But as soon as the driver attempted to move the wagon forward after the repairs, the wagon began splintering again, threatening to spill its volatile cargo.

The driver sighed.
    "Ah, no Milord, we are both just gatherers and manufacturers of alchemical reagents. We both have a little bit of alchemist training, but just enough to know what kinds of things full-fledged alchemists need. Our parents couldn't afford to send either of us to any fancy schools for magic or alchemy. We're mostly self-taught," he explained. The driver scratched his head, looking bemused.
    "We don't owe any money currently, but we will if I can't deliver this shipment... I'll owe the customer a refund. I don't rightly know what kind of magic our customers might do. They're mostly just merchants and alchemists."
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    Umbear smiled as the Egg's were plopped on his face.

"Honestly I can only really see you... I mean... I can still see the Cat hair on your shoulder, but mainly just you. If I were to... look at you while you were... mid-coitus... you might just be doing some nude... erotic.... pushups? But I think I would.... wait til you were done or call back later. Depends on how enthusiastic you were at the time. If someone is there with you, I cant see or hear them. Its.... a drawback for being able to do this no matter where you are. If I knew what ptah looked like... I might be able to do the same with him. But I think Ill stick with you sending a letter, and then me going there... I need an Elixer of Shadow-walking... but created at a heroic Level. Its... for guild security reasons. Thats why I cant go through my regular channels. Ill talk to Qetesh and see if I can get her to give me hints on how to convince him to help me. Is there anything I need to know about your contact Sobek? How far away is Kyrstby? and how fast can you get that letter there?
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "Cat hair?" Ra asked, confused. He blinked rapidly and shook his head. "Why the heck would you think you'd catch me like th--you know what? Nevermind. I don't think I even want to know why you're thinking of me in that context," he said wryly.
    "Kystby is probably about a week away on foot. But since Sobek is a branch leader of the Guild, I have a direct avenue of contact. We have linked mirrors and stuff like that," Ra explained.
    "Sobek is a lizardfolk. He looks more crocodilian than most of his kind. You don't find a lot of lizardfolk this far north, but Sobek is tough. He's gray-green and wears a black hooded cloak almost constantly. He is smarter than most of his kind, but he's stubborn and hostile like you'd expect. He runs the Kystby underground even more cautiously than Bast runs the main office here."
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    Umbear nodded and smiled to Ra.

"Go ahead and let him know Ill be coming to town soon, looking for him... I may be able to get there today or tomorrow. Wont be hard to find me.... Ogre.... Might have a Orc female with me. Ill keep all that in mind when talking to him, hes not as fluffy and warm hearted as you. "

The Stone Umbear gives a Wink to Ra.

"Do I owe you anything? I can pay you in Hugs?"

He chuckled a little.
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #771

PaladinGuy

Tasidar seemed rather disappointed in the outcome, still seeing the magic aura he decided to try something a bit stronger, He tries to void the enchantments on the wagon once again and repair it.

Show
    Greater dispel magic (1d20+24)[39] on the wagon and (1d20+24)[35] on the barrels, then casts mend until the wagon is fully repaired.

"Do you have any competition in town, would they want to get rid of you? Who is ordering highly explosive ingredients?"
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2019-11-19 at 04:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor looked to Aurix and Gorrun. "Unwin has safe houses all over the principality but he is probably still in the capital. Did you find anything that might hint as to where he might have been coming coming and going from?" Geiravor asked.

Brynhildr stumbled into the lobby. "Sorry, Markas, I was just relaxing. Dynamic crafting is more involving. What can I do ya fer?" She asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "Tomorrow?" the kitsune asked, bewildered. He shook his head. "If you say so... But listen, don't go alone. Take someone with you who knows how Thieves' Guilds tend to operate. And I don't mean Qetesh." Ra laughed wryly. "Sobek would probably just take her from you and not give her back. Not out of any particular affection for her, but rather for the income she represents. Don't get me wrong, Sobek's not a bad guy... but he's not only the head of a branch in another city, he is also in charge of the Guild's entire racketeering operation. He trains all the toughs. He's loyal to the Guild, not the guildmaster. He was one of the only members of the former leader's inner circle that Bast didn't eliminate in one way or another. He might even be stronger than her... he's just not quite clever enough to outsmart her. But he's smart enough to know that. She pays him enough to satisfy his ambitions."
    Ra lifted his nose and looked at Umbear's facsimile sideways.
    "I hope you don't think I'm telling you all this out of the kindness of my heart. You know I expect quid pro quo. If you're going to Kystby anyway, you can get something for me. I want the 'Master Spellbook' from the fancy magic school there. It's not a true spellbook. It's more like a book of reusable scrolls. Every standard arcane spell is contained within its cover. It can't be used by wizards and the like to prepare their spells for the day. It's just used to teach the students there. The scrolls can be copied or cast from directly, and any spent scrolls are replenished every day. So a given spell within the book can only be cast once a day, and once cast it can't be copied until it's replenished. Additionally, if a scroll of a spell not previously in the book is pressed between the cover, it becomes part of the book. I don't really care if you bring me the original or manage to make a copy, so long as the copy functions like the original, but I want that book!"

Tasidar's more powerful dispel felt a lot less effective than he'd expected, and nothing seemed to happen.

The driver seemed confused and stressed by Tasidar's line of questioning.
    "I-I suppose we have competition. I don't think we're the only reagent manufacturer in the city. But we've never much cared about that. We just serve the same decent handful of customers over our twenty years in the business. We have two alchemy shops and four private alchemists we sell goods to. This shipment is the usual weekly shipment of black powder, alchemist fire oil, ifrit's blood, and a few other volatile things, that they always order. They're dangerous as they are now, but they're used to make a variety of potions, elixirs and alchemical enhancers, many of which aren't dangerous in their finished states."
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    umbears eyes light up with glee as an almost frightening smile comes to his face.

"Did my best buddy just offer to go with me to ensure my safety and make sure I get the right book!?!"

Umbears excitement peaks as he inhales with joy.

"Oh yes ra, come. Join me. We can have so much fun, we can stop off at a nobles house. Disarm some traps, the off to krystby!"
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "What? No, no, no, absolutely not," Ra said sharply, making a slashing motion away from his body with one hand.
    "I have too much responsibility here to leave town, even for a day. And even if I didn't, I still wouldn't go, because I don't want to be anywhere near Kystby when that book gets stolen! Sobek would call me out for sending an outsider on a heist on his turf! Surely you have other roguish friends."
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show
    Umbear laughes.

"But that is exactly what you are doing, asking me to do a heist on his turf. Should I join the rogues guild in his branch, just to avoid stepping on toes?"

He smiled a bit wider.

"I think I have an idea or two on who else I can bring"
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #777

RedWizardGuy

"It's fine, didn't mean to interrupt your relaxation. Fortunately I'm not asking for anything dynamic today so not as complicated." Markas said as he placed his bag of holding on the table, "First of all, I'd like to sell these items to you. They're powerful, but not as useful to me as they may be to some of the soldiers helping in our defenses."

Spoiler: Markas's offers
    Show

two Rings of Protection (+4) {sell price 16,000 each}

a Ring of Freedom of Movement {sell price 20,000}

a +3 Holy Crossbow of Distance {sell price 45,067.50}

a Cloak of Major Displacement {sell price 25,000}

a +4 Neutralizing Dagger {sell price 25,051}

"Secondly, I'd like to convert my current rings to be able to use their power while wearing different rings at the same time."

Spoiler: Markas's slotless requests
    Show
    Convert his Ring of Lucky Dodge to slotless {price 125,000}

Convert his Ring of Shield and Deflect to slotless {price 34,000}

"And thirdly, if we have time for all of this, I'd like a new tattoo. I've recently grown stronger and belive it's time for a new one I couldn't handle before."

Spoiler: Markas's tattoo request
    Show

Keen Strike Tattoo {price 80,000}
    Spoiler: effects
    Show
    As long as you have at least one point in your ki pool, you can choose to allow your unarmed strikes to deal slashing damage. When doing so, they have a critical threat range of 18-20 and are treated as having the Blocking and Disarm weapon qualities. The benefits of this feat stack with other abilities that expand your unarmed strike’s threat range, such as Improved Critical or the keen weapon quality.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Brynhildr nodded. "Very well. I'll take 'em as priced."

"Sure thing, Markas. Just fill in the forms and we can get started." The smith replied.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    "It's not up to me whether you join or not, but I don't think Bast will let you. In case you hadn't noticed, she doesn't trust you. And Sobek won't go against her. Don't be surprised if he knows who you are when you get there," Ra warned.
    "And for what it's worth, while I might have a limited amount of trust in you on a personal level, I don't trust you with Guild business or Guild secrets, either. You stand to gain too much from the Guild being disbanded, even if you don't think you do."

"Are you sure you want to sell that ring?" Aistriú asked. "Seems like someone grappling with you could really present a problem, even if you're not a mage."
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show

Umber frowned.

"I get that, People dont trust me in alot of things, for various reasons, But Im no liar, and Im no deceiver, which exception to jokes, so with that, you know what you get. But this is a mission to protect the Guild from Unwin. And Im risking my neck for you guys. So bear that in mind my friend Ra. "
    Festival of Heroes: