New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

This is the continuation of (IC) Festival of Heroes - Fenris Roars - Main and the fifth main thread of Festival of Heroes.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

Umbear looks frustrated as the Rat escaped, he thrust up his hand to reverse gravity on the entire alley. He Moved through it, throwing dirt and sand to spot anything invisible. Seeing the Rat had escaped he goes back to Gorrun.

"Well General. Where to now?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

McLaughlin stands up, gripping the side of Umbear's head for support, and spits straight in front of him. As his spit rises, he begins shouting curses, "GOD ****IN' DAMMIT, I ****IN' KNEW IT!! GET BACK HERE YA WANKER!" McLaughlin extends both his middle fingers to the alleyway and the roof as he shuffles around on Umbear's shoulder, continuing, "FECKER!! YE'RE RUNNIN' CAUSE YA KNOW UMBEAR WOULD SCREW YA UP IF YA HAD ENOUGH TESTES TO STAND FIRM, YE RAT BASTARD! SON OF A WHORE!!" McLaughlin kicks the corner of Umbear's shirt, blowing some dust into the air.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor felt her jaw drop as the visage of elf beauty came into sight. She quickly picked up her jaw, hoping Aurix didn't see.

She nodded as Aurix asked to begin.

Misses Buttercup heard his proposal. She smiled as finished. "Oh my goodness! Thank you, Champion!" She shook his hand in excitement.

"This would make you a partner. Yes?" She asked. "The enchanted horses have been in high demand. It's been hard to keep up with the demand. This investment will compensate the drivers properly and allow us to either train more drivers and horses or make our current herd faster. What would you suggest?"
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-08-09 at 01:01 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix considers, glancing over his shoulder at Geiravor. Then he turns back and says, "My Lady the Princess tells me that this investment will likely spur others to follow my example. That could potentially lead to competition if nobles attempt to start their own competing services. That could lower the demand city-wide, so we'll need an advantage. I think being the fastest cabs in the city should do nicely. If you need assistance in that regard, I might be able to whip up some magical advantage as well. Perhaps some sort of hastening harness. That's my input, although I admit I'm not fully knowledgeable on the state of the market."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun looks around frantically steadying himself against the wall as he is lifted into the air. What in the hel kinda... he trails off. After failing to see or hear anything at all from the rat-folk he turns to Umbear. Well, that's a trick I've never seen. With these goggles I can see magically augmented invisible creatures, ghosts, naturally invisible fae and all manner of illusory creatures and that little son of fenrir just vanished into thin air. We need to find... well, first we need to find Guard Captain Genevieve. His eyes flick to Umbear's companions, then, if you trust them, we need to find someone else. as soon as gravity returns to normal he darts off in search of Genevieve trusting all to follow.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Very well, Champion! Faster horses it is then. I have means to speed them up, don't worry." Misses Buttercup grinned. She took the platnium as given.

"Can I send a messenger to the castle for any updates or questions?" She asked.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Prit ran until he reached a nondescript inn. He paused dropped down from the rooftops outside, removed his hat and mopped his brow. He put the hat back and fumbled in his backpack, donning a white peasant blouse and vibrant red skirt that were several sizes too big. Standing, he slowed his breathing and began walking calmingly into the inn.

As she became visible again, the crimson haired woman smoothed her skirts and smiled to herself, "Aye, this has been a long day. Time to get some rest." She flounced inside and dropped some coins on the counter, "Just a bed, please, thanks." She smiled prettily, flashing emerald green eyes at the innkeep. Once the room was secure, she climbed the stairs and fell into bed, a rueful smile on her lips as she drifted off to sleep.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

As Gorrun moves to the end of the alley, he almost collides with Captain Genevieve, who was running towards the alley. She has her two shortswords drawn. She draws up short as she sees Gorrun. "General! What's going on?!?" she says in a rush. "I heard shouting!" From back in the alley McLaughlin continues, "I SWEAR I'LL TEAR OFF YER MANHOOD AND PISS DOWN YER THROAT YE WANKER!!"

Aurix glances at Geiravor as if for confirmation, then nods. "That should be acceptable for the duration. I hope this is the beginning of an excellent partnership. Thank you for your time." Barring any further questions, Aurix bids farewell, taking in one last eyeful of the gorgeous elf before leaving.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear sees the captain and glances to the general, to allow him to explain. He reaches up and with a gentle hand pat's McLaughlin.

"I trust Fey over people."
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2019-08-12 at 08:19 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun skids to a halt nearly overrunning the Captain in her sudden appearance. Did you see anyone come by here? Of course not. I, I just had interferance with the investigation. Little ratfolk man with superficial wounds stopped us in transit, claimed he was a witness to the attack and was hit by a demon after it attacked the little lord. His story didn't add up because none of us found tracks leaving the scene and my expert opinion was that the attacker was not a demon. He told me he was on that stoop over there when he was struck but he definitely wasn't there at any point in the last day. When he realized that his story was falling apart and that we were onto him he disappeared without a trace. Even with my magically enhanced senses I couldn't get a glimpse. Umbear upturned the whole area and threw a ton of dust into the air, which would normally, at least temporarily, expose invisible persons. Still nothing. He's just gone. We're clearly dealing with a killer of remarkable skill and possibly more than one of them if this rat was an ally trying to throw us off the trail. He faltered a few times, but I'm quite good at reading people and I never felt like he was clearly lying, even when his story couldn't have been true. This is no street rat, as he would have had us believe. Gorrun continues at a break-neck pace, the absurdity of the situation still clearly confounding him.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Genevieve sheathes her weapons, then pounds her fist into her palm. "I knew it!" she exclaims. "That fits the profile I came up with perfectly- an assassin of equal skill to a competitor in the hero's tournament. It's a shame you couldn't catch them, but having a direct encounter with them gives our defense of Umbear much more weight. And if they didn't leave any tracks when they escaped, it's likely your rat was the assassin themselves."

The Suli walks up to Umbear, Cuddles, and McLaughlin, who has finally stopped swearing at Umbear's touch. Genevieve puts a hand on Umbear's shoulder. "Well, Umbear, you're off the hook. The General and I should be able to defend you against any accusations made against you. We'll keep investigating, of course, but I don't think you need to be kept under watch any longer. Just watch your arse. This person still wants you dead- or worse."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun catches his breath. He nods in thanks and agreement to Genevieve then turns to Umbear and company. Someone with that level of skill in hiding, there is one more stone to upturn. Care to join me?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear looks down at the general, a conflict in his eyes as he goes over what the general asked.

"I might as well, one last stone. Where to general?"

He looks over and musses with Catalina's hair.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

West side of town. Guild offices. You get us in the vicinity, I'll show you where to set us down. He replied to Umbear, not wishing to be too specific in present company.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear nodded and extended his arm, causing the troupe to raise in the air, and proceed toward the guild district.
    Festival of Heroes:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

As Gorrun and Umbear's posse rise into the air, Genevieve sighs and looks put upon. "Really?!? Just...leaving me here? No, no, that's fine, just let me know how it goes," she says caustically as the two men disappear into the distance.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Catalina shifted back into warcat form and laid her massive, armored head on Umbear's shoulder.
    "Should've eaten rat," she mused softly.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-08-13 at 08:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear scratches Cuddles behind the ear.

"We dont eat people. Its rude.... and makes people think you are not people."

Umbear muses as they fly through the air.

((Transition Please))
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Good day!" Buttercup called as they left.

Geiravor glanced back at the elf as they closed the door.

As a point of notice, the Horse Magic cabs were yellow like a buttercup.

"Anywhere else you want to go, Aurix?" The Princess asked.

"Your Highness, if we're still going around town, I insist we order a secure cab and keep it for the rest of the day." Hrist insisted.

"We can check the cab beforehand." Mist said.

"Very well. Get us a cab then." The Princess ordered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods in agreement with the guards. "I think that's a great idea."

Aurix ponders Geiravor's question. "Well, this wasn't supposed to be my outing, but I appreciate you letting me run errands. I can't think of anything else specific right now. Oh, wait! If we happen past a store that sells scrolls, that would be terrific! We need to get Torilee some new spells since her casting capacity has expanded. Otherwise...well, it's not an errand, but...if I'm going to stay, I should buy a house. However you and I might decide to live, I always buy a house somewhere I intend to stay long-term. And this house should have accommodations for both human and fae, since Torilee will be with me. Maybe we should just build a custom one...? But if you have any ideas about what part of town we should live in, that would be helpful." Aurix smiles, tears starting to form in his eyes. "The idea of having a future, a home...it's almost foreign to me." He takes Geiravor's hand and squeezes it once.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"I not people anyway!" Cuddles said proudly.
    After a short flight at Umbear's speed, the group arrived at an unremarkable stone building about four stories tall, and about as long as it was tall. The roof was flat, with crenelations and parapets around the edge. It looked like an old barracks building that had been converted into office space, primarily because that's exactly what it was.
    Inside the main entrance was a lobby, which was currently empty. Signs indicated which direction down the hallways and on what floors the various offices were. Each guild labeled by a symbol, usually relating to what the guild did. A needle and spool for the tailor's guild, a loom for the weaver's guild, an anvil for the smith's guild, theater masks for the actor's guild, a quill pen for the writer's guild, and so on. A few of the guilds had more esoteric symbols due to their less goods-related natures or due to the fact that the only obvious symbols were taken by other guilds.
    The symbol Gorrun followed signs for was the royal insignia set inside a tear drop shape. The first-floor office it led to looked abandoned. Minimal furniture, hardly any lighting, overgrown houseplants, and rumpled throw rugs gave the large room an unkempt feel. If not for the lack of dust, one might think no one had been in the room for years.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun entered the office first leaving the others in the hallway for now. He walked to an unremarkable door and knocked three times, clearly and loudly. Yama, a word.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear follows with his group. He instructs Catalina to go orc form while indoors. He checks on Mclaughlin as he ducks indoors and follows Gorrun. When he stops and announces the name of the leader of the assassins guild. He begins to chuckle under his breath.
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Frayan guards went to fetch a cab.

Geiravor thought for a second as Aurix held her hand. Her cheeks turned dark blue. "A home?" She said quietly. She smiled. "I'm sure you can find a place to buy. Plus, you could get the Champion discount." She almost seemed giddy as she grinned. "I want to show you my country estate. Not my family's, but my own. Speaking of which, do you want a house in the city or country?"

Spoiler: Perception 67
    Show
    Yama crawled into the room from a dark corner and stayed in the shadows watching the party.

"I was across town when one of my agents said you approached." The small, blue creature said as he stepped out if the shadows, proudly wearing a golden simitar on his back. "What do you want?" he asked.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-08-15 at 08:04 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yama, Yama, Yama. What are you playing at? It hasn't been a week yet since I stopped in here about you taking civilian contracts from skitterbrained individuals, and now I've got noble blood in a dark alley that stinks of your people. This was not a crown contract, and the skill required to execute it the way it was done is uncommon to say the least. What do you know about it?
    Gorrun leans his bulk over the desk, resting on his lower arms.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yama leaned against a wall, crossed his arms, and propped up a foot against the wall. He sighed. "General, with your background and your tenure here, I am not surprised or angry that you sense my people's hand in this. So I am going to give you something. This was not a contract killing. It was business but no money was exchanged. The target was the associate's own choice. If you catch them, you can keep them, but know that as long as they live, they are one of us." He explained.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear watched Yama and frowned at his response.

"Then perhaps you could explain what your... own, has against me? Or the nature of the grievance?"
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yama glared swords at Umbear. "I can't speak for my new member, but did you sleep with anyone's mother?" He spat. "Give the associate's background, I figure they want revenge for something. Being a more civil... monster, unlike me, you must have kindly stepped on many to be the hero you are today." He suggested.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-08-15 at 08:26 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear tilted his head at Yama, a bit of confusion.

"I knew bast was upset with me, over gambling issues. But do you have issue with me? I was only aware of our buisness transaction, which you seemed content with."

Umbear looked slightly upset.

"I've kept track of most of the people of f-cked over. None of them have the talent... or resources to pay for the talent that this... operation took. Perhaps... you could be convinced to arrange a meeting with your associate?"

(1d20+27)[43] diplomacy
    Festival of Heroes: