New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes 5 - Thrymskvida - Main

Nameless looked sideways at Jaylyn, brows knitting.
    "When did that happen, exactly? The missing eggs, I mean..."

Spoiler: A light blue slip of paper smelling faintly of violets, addressed to Umbear
    Show
    Waiting outside <3
    It was unsigned.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn paused thinking. "lets see I had three tails at that point so roughly fourteen years ago... Maybe fifteen... I'm not 100% sure when but I was very young." Jaylyn said.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun sees the notes before Umbear. May I? he asks before reading the first note. He begins to chuckle, then it grows to a guffaw. You would seek advice on such matters from the father of monsters and beasts? he stifles his laughter and goes on. The language I'm familiar with. The dialect, much less so, and it appears to have been written while inebriated. Though if I'm reading this right, the Trickster says that if you're unhappy and she makes you happy then marry her. But if you think she is interested in you for more than your gold, you're a clotpole. His words, not mine. Now, if all you want is a good time for the rest of your life, you've already got that.

As I said, the dialect is unfamiliar and it was written clearly, so I could be way off. And it could all be misleading anyway just due to the nature of the one you asked.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor turned to Aurix with a curious look. "You have done some research? I'd like to hear about it." She said.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2019-10-02 at 09:30 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

The captain had been standing quietly, leaning against a wall, Brān the raven on his shoulder. A pipe hung from his mouth, the smoke rising with a smell of spices upon it. He looked at Aurora and had a playful smirk on his face at her question before leaning in and saying something quietly to her
    Show
    "I dont know yet lass, doubt a princess like her would want a soddin ol' Pirate like meself though"

Then he looked at the group and cleared his throat, "So... I take it we be expectin more beasties in the mornin'?" He asks as one of his hands slips into a pocket of his coat. "Because I be needin sleep, don't think I want te try fer a second sleepless night, so iffin ye need somethin from me, or my ship, nows the time te ask"
    Last edited by Jgraves; 2019-10-02 at 08:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix skims Umbear's notes, then says, "The Priestess is a political problem, and one that Geiravor and I can deal with. But she let something slip when she arrived that got me investigating. I went to the Temple of Freya's library to search for their prophecies. There's a book missing. Maybe they pulled it, or it's possible Hervir had it. But I think I know what she meant now about looking to the past."

"The missing book was the third of three in a set called Chronicle of the Celestial War. Parts 1 and 2 are the history and prophecy of ancient Juvelnord, essentially. It details how the gods of Juvelnord, the Aesir- Odin, Freya, that group- used to come down and spend time here in person when Juvelnord was just a nation of viking warriors. Eventually Juvelnord got access to planar travel and invaded the elven and dwarven realms. The gods had to broker peace, and this revealed their existence to the rest of the Outer Planes. The Aesir got pulled into the Celestial War, the eternal war between the gods of good and the Abyss, essentially. Joined up on the side of good and tried to keep it away from Juvelnord."

"Volume 2 talks about how to gain more soldiers for the cause, they bred with people from Juvelnord. This created a line of Celestial-endowed humanoids. I'm assuming this is referring to people like Geiravor and Hervir. They also left artifacts behind, like that spear we found, and the sword Jaylyn and I found earlier today. These are, essentially, failsafes in case trouble ever comes to Juvelnord. Their sudden emergence now, so far as I can tell, signals that the demons have opened up a front in their war here, on the Material Plane. They're meant to help us win."

"The third volume, I'm pretty sure, has prophecies pertaining to the current situation, and Fayeth let slip that she was aware of them. I'm pretty sure they pertain to both Hervir and Geiravor playing significant roles in this war, and I'm pretty sure the Church of Freya knows what they are. Hervir might have had some knowledge too. Somehow she knew to have this barrier spell ready. I'm gonna search the tower and see if she had a copy of the book. You guys should see if you can find a copy, as well. It would answer a lot of our questions. And we need to keep searching for signs of demonic cultists in the city. Knowing about this ongoing war, they had to have planned this strike against us, and the followers here in the city would have carried it out."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear reads his new note, his eyebrows jump upward in excitement. He looks around as others begin to speak. He pulls out the spear of odin and hands it to the princess.

"Alright Aurix, Ill look for those samples. Ill see if I can find that book. It sounds of upmost importance."

He walks over toward the door, grabbing his notes.

"I have a date with perfection, Send up the signal if Im needed"

Umbear heads out to meet Qetesh outside.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor listened to Aurix's information carefully. "Ah yes. The history of my people. I remember it in great detail. It may seem like a myth but I am the reality of such stories." She sighed wistfully. "If your theories are true... the whole history of Juvelnord has been leading up to this. That would mean... Hervir... what else has she been keeping from me? She had more than an theory to have planned for this. The timing of the Festival and the barrier. She..." Geiravor swallowed. "She did this for me. So that I wouldn't face this alone."

She took the spear with a slight smile. The spear resized itself for a medium-sized creature right there in her hands. "Thank you Umbear."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora shrugged. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Or are you afraid to compete with the Champion?" she teased, before moving away, closer to the group, to listen to Aurix's explanation.

"Hmm, it's unusual that a prophecy of such magnitude would be kept secret, even to the point of other deities not granting their followers insight into the matter. There must be some specific reason the details of it are such a closely guarded secret. It would be wise to tread cautiously while uncovering it. There are some prophecies that are self-fulfilling or self-defeating when the subject knows the prophesied outcome," Aurora cautioned.

"Ah," Nameless said with a sad sigh. "I was already hatched by then, and Fraener had my egg for a couple years before meeting the conditions to hatch it. Dragon eggs can be dormant for a really long time. It's a shame to hear the dragon egg black market trading continued even after Fraener destroyed the branch of it he encountered that had my egg. I guess there will just always be those who seek out dragon eggs for magic, medicine, or slaves, no matter what we do about it," she sighed regretfully.

Qetesh stood on the cobbled path that cut across the bailey towards the castle, chatting with a completely captivated guard. The dusty-blue goblinoid woman wore her glossy black hair in a loose braid pinned in a wide spiral around her head, violets tucked into the space between the layers of braid. The gauzy, barely-decent dancer's garb that wrapped her voluptuous frame was a dark blue, with red accents that matched her red lip stain. She looked up at Umbear's approach and smiled.
    "Glad to see you moving about freely. With the rumors that have been circulating today, I wasn't sure you would be," she said, her tone gentle and cheerful, but her word choice cautious and deliberate.
    "I figured if you were available, you would be even more interested in keeping our date, as a distraction."
    She glanced wryly at the smitten guard and then back over to Umbear.
    "They wouldn't let me in the castle alone, though. Security and the training of the guards have both tightened up considerably," she noted.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The General heard Aurix out and pondered, when Geiravor and others had responded and seemed to have said their peace he said; If Freya's priestesses knew of these prophecies, then those older than Freya may well have information as well. he bowed to the Princess and started to exit with Malaika when he noticed Umbear's companions still milling about after the ogre's departure. You're welcome to accompany me if you'd like. Elsewise it may be best to wait in the dinning hall. There's no telling when he'll be back and it may take a few hours before accommodation can be made for you here.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix smiles gratefully at Umbear. "See ya, Umbear. Have a good time! And thanks."

At his gentle insistence, McLaughlin slides down Umbear's arm onto the back of Cuddles. He looks from Umbear to his beer and back to Umbear, looking conflicted. Then, reading Umbear's expression, he smiles and waves, "Hopefully I'll see ya in the mornin', lad!" He then sits with his beer in his lap and begins lapping up the foam.

Aurix pats Geiravor's hand reassuringly. He looks to Aurora as she responds and nods. "I had the same thought," he acknowledges. "What if, gods forbid, it says that to win, Geiravor must die as well? I'd like to think I'd be strong enough to do as she wished, but knowing in advance would make it worse. Still, if the Church knows background information about this war that we lack, it could be strategically vital. We still need to figure out who set this into motion and what else they're working towards. What else did Hervir know about the war, and how did she learn about it? Which specific demon lords would be involved? We have so many questions."

As Gorrun responds and leaves, McLaughlin sizes the General up in response to his offer. "That sounds like a most appealin' offer! I'd appreciate the company. Yer the General who had that great fight in the first round, right? That was a hell of a bout!" The small fae moves over to the General and leaps up as far as he can to climb aboard.

Aurix also rises, seeing that Gorrun is about to leave. "Gorrun, should we go deal with that other matter while we're both here?" he says with significance.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

12. - Top - End - #222

Jaylyn simply sighed and spoke "Maybe it was a younger generation... I don't know. However the one thing I DO know is that was the last time I heard of any sovereign dragon egg being stolen. So maybe after that the people responsible was caught and killed... Who knows." Jaylyn said putting her hand on the back of Nameless' neck. "However, that makes two things we have in common... One we're unique as in you're a rare dragon in these parts and I'm a nine tailed kitsune." Jaylyn started half joking before sighing her tone shifting to one of sadness. "And two, our races are both hunted by stupid humanoids who think they can benefit from consuming us. We need to fix the first one. Do you have the ability to take on a human's form like I can?" Jaylyn asked briefly shifting from her kitsune form to her human form and then back. "I know my ancestor can, but you and he are of different dragon types and ages."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbears face goes from the look of bearing the weight of the world upon his shoulders, to a small smile of joy as he sees qetesh. He lights up and sits down in front of her, resisting all his urges to lift her up and carry her away.

"Today has been possitively aweful. You are a beacon of joy in a sea of dread."

He extends a large hand toward her.

"From waking up in the woods, being accused of murdering a close friend, Finding out im a werebear, loki giving me relationship advice, fighting demon lords. Its been a rough day. Wanna get stabbed a thousand times together? My treat."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun pauses, looks back over his shoulder at the Golden scaled man addressing him, and nods. As good a time as any.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Qetesh paused and did a double-take with her eyes, and then looked at Umbear nonplussed.
    "What?" she asked blankly. She shook her head and got hold of herself and spoke with more clarity as she held up her hands in a halt gesture.
    "Whoa, wait, back up a sec... a werebear? You're a werebear now? How did that happen?" she asked with a hint of incredulity.
    "And then... define 'stabbed', please? I don't think I have enough cure spells for a thousand wounds, so if you're wanting to engage in some kind of sado-masochism play, I hope that number is hyperbolic," she said wryly.
    The courtesan could see how stretched thin the ogre was, so she stretched out her hand and gently laid it on his arm.
    Spoiler: If he accepts her touch
    Show
    Umbear's body was flooded with bliss under her touch, wiping away all pain. The effect lasted for (1d4)[2] rounds. (Make a DC 31 fort save, pass and be staggered for the duration, fail or forfeit and be stunned for the duration.)

"Better?" the goblinoid woman asked gently.

Spoiler: If he declines her touch
    Show
    Qetesh shrugged and withdrew her hand, not wanting to push right now.

Cuddles lounged on the floor, largely ignoring everyone and everything, save for a brief muscle twitch when McLaughlin landed on her. She yawned hugely, showing off her impressive teeth, and her tail thumped quietly against the floor.

Malaika eyed the cat and shook her head, chuckling.
    "How's your animal training skills, Boss? I don't think that cat's inclined to do much without a bit of pushing. Careful pushing."
    She eyed the warcat's teeth as she yawned and grimaced. "Very careful."

"Yes, I can, I gained that ability along with a few other things when I molted and got bigger. But I can only change to a humanoid shape three times a day, so it's not something I can go back and forth with much. I think I'll be able to do it more when I get older, but, that's a long way off... unless I spend a lot of time in the astral plane," Nameless explained.
    "But why do you want me to transform into a humanoid? Everyone around here already knows I'm here," she pointed out.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-10-03 at 10:27 PM.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix rises and puts down his beer. "Be back in a bit." He goes with Gorrun to visit Viridessa.

Spoiler: Gorrun
    Show
    "You got a plan for this?" Aurix asks telepathically.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #227

Jaylyn looked over at Nameless, smiled, then spoke. "I simply wanted to know if you COULD transform. I don't want you to do so now. Since you're limited on the number of time you can, we need to save those uses for times where you need to 'vanish'..." Jaylyn said doing air quotes with her hands when she mention "vanish", then her smile vanished and her tone went one of seriousness. "Yes you're correct people here, as well as in town, know your here... In town... They don't know where you are though. Basically what I'm getting at is subtlety. There are people in town, as well as outside who would love nothing more then have a sovereign dragon under there control. They would do anything to make it possible. Things that would make Fraener seem welcoming by comparison." Jaylyn paused shuddering at the thought. "After we get a bath and find out what Lady Geiravor needs, I think it might be good to go do a little training, mainly to find out your strengths and weaknesses are. Play to your strengths and get some gear to cover your weaknesses." Jaylyn finished.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbears eyes roll back for a moment, as a smile creeps to his face. After a few short moments of enjoying the sensation and after effects he comes back to focus.

"Thank you for that, though Im sure just holding your hand would have had the same effect. "

He smiles as he stands up and offers her his hand to hold while they walk, if she declines, he doesnt press it.

"where to start. There was.... a Man named Harmon... he was a member of a group of lycans that stole from the city, the treasures of the tournament. We went to retrieve them, I face Harmon in single combat, and he became a werebear, he.... well, bit me, and I didnt think anything of it. And last night, was a full moon, the first since the bite, and... well... I turned into a bear while asleep in the temple of loki, and ... I woke up in the woods."

He smiles mischeivilously thinking about how to respond to the stabbing inquiry.

"Tattoo's, I'd like to buy you some ink qetesh. "
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Nameless slit her eyes at Jaylyn.
    "Do you mean, 'do I have a weakness like a gold dragon's vulnerability to cold?' when you ask that?" Nameless asked wryly.
    "I don't have any vulnerabilities like that. I haven't really been trained for combat much. I'm no better or worse at tooth-and-claw combat than any other dragon my age, as far as I know. Magically, well... I'm not sure if it's better or worse, but it is different. I don't have the usual dragon magic. I can choose different spells from day to day by communing with the spirits of our ancestors."
    "I'm not sure how else I might be different from other sovereign dragons. Fraener said I was unique and powerful, but he never really said how, and always had excuses why he couldn't teach me more. I think he was afraid I would get too powerful for him to control. I am pretty sure nobody could ever control me like he did, ever again," Nameless said firmly.
    "But uh, I don't think I'll be terribly effective in most fights as I am now. My spells don't compare to what you tournament contestants can do. Most support magic I could offer, besides healing, wouldn't really combine with the magic gear you all already have."
    "Fraener always put me in charge of books and info gathering. He said I had a knack for compiling information, and I have a near-perfect memory."

"Your first shift was in the Temple of Loki? That's... very unfortunate timing," Qetesh observed.
    "What were you even doing in the Temple of Loki, out of all temples? You're not planning some kind of con, are you? Most petitioners go for blessings on cons and pranks, or protection from such things. I'd hate for you to run afoul of the Guild's work."
    The courtesan considered the ogre's offer for a moment.
    "Hm, what do you have in mind when offering me a tattoo? I've had offers before, with clients wanting to adorn me with their names or image as a mark of proprietary claim, which of course I refuse to do."
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear mused on how to respond.

"I was there asking advice. Ive been... hitting some dead ends and, being a trickster myself, I caved and for the first time, asked a god for advice. He gave some good relationship advice as well, and some advice about the demon invasion. The whole thing was made worse when some one killed Peter... and tried to make it look like a bear had done it. Honestly Id rather not run afoul of the guild, I respect what they do, and wouldnt be opposed to joining."

He looked down to the pondering qetesh, as she asked what he had in mind.

"Cosmetically, something that youd want. Something that will help with your work, or enhance your current work. I wouldnt dare try to lay claim to you, or try to prevent you from working. "

He mused for a few moments.

"As for the magical effects.... thats a bit up to you as well, in what sorts of enhancements youd like."
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Oh I'm great with animals Gorrun boasted playfully, knowing full well he was mediocre at best. Come! He said patting his thigh. (1d20+8)[12] (handle animal).

As he walked out of the room he thought back to Aurix.
    Spoiler: Aurix
    Show
    Viradessa is wise and wiley, but I believe that she has legitimate respect for me, so she may be willing to help us out for the sake of the kingdom, if we approach her straightforwardly. Unwin on the other hand, lives for secrets and subterfuge. If he's involved, we can expect a web of lies.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix thinks back to Gorrun as he waits to see if Cuddles will follow.

Spoiler: Gorrun
    Show
    "What gets me is that she already knew about the secret passage Geiravor and I found...at least, that's the implication of her message to you. If she knows that, how much more does she know, and why has she been keeping that from Geiravor? I should have thought of it sooner, but as basically the castle administrator, she's privy to a lot of things and is often overlooked. We need to make sure she's on our side, at the least."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Cuddles stared passively at Gorrun for a moment, and then got to her feet. She walked languidly in his direction... aaaaand kept going past him, rounding the corner of the hallway beyond, going in the opposite direction from the one Gorrun and Aurix wanted to go.

Malaika burst out laughing and shook her head at Gorrun.
    "Well, size wasn't the only reason you never became a cavalier!" she joked.
    "Not that I would do any better," she admitted.

"Mmm," Qetesh looked down at the intricate floral tattoo embellishing the flat space on her chest between her clavicles and cleavage, and the pink & green spherical stone in the center.
    "Well, the ink I have now makes me smarter and wiser, enhances my beauty, and boosts my... er... professional skill. The implanted stone further enhances my beauty, and makes it a little easier for me to lie. It was... very expensive... to accomplish all of that..." she looked briefly like she had more to say about that, a shadow crossing her face. But she brightened so quickly, Umbear might almost believe he imagined things.
    "I suppose a boost to my skill with tricks of sleight of hand would be the most useful to me," she said cheerfully. "I can conceal my spellcasting with a bit of deception and some subtle hand movements. Before I started rubbing... uh, elbows," she smirked, "with powerful heroes, I thought the skill I had with that was sufficient. But while I fooled Jaylyn that time, I'm not so sure about the others. You seemed to notice," she commented.
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ooooh... I hope she's not going to get herself into trouble. Gorrun said before sighing, she's going to get into trouble isn't she?
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-10-04 at 09:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix shrugs and says, "I have no idea, I only just met...whatever that is."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear smirks as she muses over what sort of tattoo enhancements she has and would like.

"Is that all? Id like to splurge on you."

Umbear gives her a wink.

"I can have them enhance all of what it does now and more. You'd like to enhance your sleight of hand, I can do that and more, just name what youd like done. Its my treat tonight."

He glances to the stone, remembering her face and pause over considering her price. He slips into a more calm appearance as he considers her further.
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #237

Jaylyn let out a little laugh, "No, no, no, I mean tactical strengths and weaknesses... Although it's good to know we don't have to worry elemental weaknesses. Basically, take me for example, I'm an arcane caster, it be stupid to have me up front fighting melee to melee, or trying to cast while melee types are in my face. Likewise it be stupid to have, let's say for example Gorrun or Markas, in the back of the field unless we're expecting a back attack. That's what I ment by strengths and weaknesses, I'm trying to find out where the best place for you to be on the battlefield for you to be the most effective." Jaylyn said reassuringly... Before her tone took one of uncertainty. "Lets see you commune with spirits for your spells, so that would make you a... Shaman... I think.. Jaylyn said with more then a hesitant tone in her voice. "My god, this is embarrassing, we have a whole group of shamans in the Divine Corp of Varrock's armed forces. I should know what they are used for... Besides spot healing... Effecting the enemy with hexes... I think..." Jaylyn said, her tone creeping on the edge of frustration as he knocked the side her head with her hand trying to remember more... Finally shrugging and shaking her head. "Nope, that's it... That all I can recall..."

Jaylyn walked in silence for a moment before looking back over at Nameless. "But don't worry bout it, until we get you geared for battle... I wouldn't even dream of having you out there actively fighting." Jaylyn realizing AFTER she spoke that what she said could be taken out of context, quickly spoke again. "Not that I'm telling to say away from the battlefield or anything, just maybe stay near the back with me... At least for now." Jaylyn said with a nervous laugh...

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Cuddles wandered down the hall, seemingly aimlessly, her tasseled tail flicking back and forth behind her. Her nose twitched, ears pricking forward as her gait became more purposeful.

Viridessa was uncharacteristically absent from her desk when her guests arrived. A thudding from a corner hidden by tall piles of books was the only hint as to her whereabouts. A moment later, she emerged from around the stack of books with a huge stack of files. She stopped short seeing who was in the doorway.
    "Oh... hello, honey," she said. "What do you need?"

Qetesh smiled.
    "Well, I'm not sure. I've never really considered how I might improve. I suppose I've become complacent. I have been more than sufficient at my job ever since I left the brothel and got this tattoo and ioun stone. What would you suggest, Umbear? Where am I lacking? What do I need to attain perfection?" she asked, lashes lowering over her aquamarine eyes, and peered at him with a seductive expression.

Nameless grunted. "Shaman hexes are kind of a last ditch effort. I can only use any given hex once on any given target in a day. If I use my healing hex on you, then that's it, can't do it again until tomorrow. And if the enemy resists the hex, they're still immune to further attempts! So... that's not all that useful. What makes me useful is that I can change what spirits I commune with each day, and get different boons from them. Magic one day, melee prowess the next, speed boost the day after that... and others. Though my ability to do that is less than what a master shaman is capable of. The other benefit is that shamans gain similar abilities to what oracles get, but without being cursed."
    The dragon shook her maned head, shedding white hairs as she did so. She reached up with one paw and tilted her head to the side to scratch at the velvet coating her newly larger antlers.
    "I've already been in combat, both at the tower and way from it. I was explicitly targeted by two evil dragons this week," the sovereign dragon pointed out.
    "Dragons are tough; you of all people must know that! I may not have the best combat magic, but my scales are already tough as those paladins' armor! If you outfit me with quality barding, I could be untouchable! And my magic is divine, so I don't even have to worry about the armor interfering with my spellcasting! I'm sure if you outfitted me the right way, I could hold the front line even better than those infantrymen paladins," she said confidently.
    "If you kept behind me, I could block melee fighters from reaching you, and I could use my magic to heal and support you. You could even ride on my back, now that I'm larger, and I'm much faster than you even in your dragon form! So I could get you into better positions than you could get to on your own."
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear smiled as he looked down to qetesh.

"my mind runs wild with possibilities of what we can do in the eternal strive for perfection my dear."

He leans down and lets a finger gently glide over the back of her hand.

"We could enhance your powers of innuendo ((bluff)), We could make it so no silk rope could hold you ((escape artist)), Of course your hand eye coordination ((sleight of hand)), we could give you some access to.... spells that youd like. Oh.... I bet men and women would pay extra for... Fluid Form, We could give you shapechange so you can take any form you can imagine.... perhaps we can get you.... a shadowstep spell so you can.... move about more quickly and easily. "

Umbear smiled watching her. She was being the perfect distraction, his mind was racing with what he could do, rather than him wallowing around with what he couldnt do.

"qetesh, you mind if I speak honestly with you, outside of the customer, escort dynamic for just a moment?"
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Senechal, I hope the day finds you well. All things considered. The reason we're visiting you this evening, to be frank, is partly concerning information that has reached me. I was told that you know for certain that Aurix's presumption that the mage called Cedric was not spirited away through the passage that the Champion and the Princess found during their investigation of the dungeon. It occurs to me that if you know for certain how he didn't escape that you may likely know more than you've let on about how he did escape. I implore you, tell us what you know about Cedric's disappearance. Including anything you may have seen or heard about him having an accomplice within the castle. You've been here longer than any of us, any information you have may hold the key to defending the dynasty. Gorrun spoke to the small woman directly and respectfully.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2019-10-06 at 10:29 PM.