New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default 3.5 Dark sun.. Reincarnate and athaisan human..

How does Dark sun campaign setting handle reincarnate? My only experience with dark sun is the dragon magazine articles with like Mul race, Athasian Human race, etc. Could athasian human be used as a legal candidate for a reincarnate in that setting?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Dark sun.. Reincarnate and athaisan human..

From D20SRD:
    With this spell, you bring back a dead creature in another body, provided that its death occurred no more than one week before the casting of the spell and the subject’s soul is free and willing to return.
    There’s nothing interfering with the reincarnate in Dark Sun. Most of the first party information about Dark Sun comes from Dragon 319 or 315, so I checked those too places. Dragon 319’s races section states nothing about this specific spell not working, and 315 is kind of useless. I don’t see why you would want to play an athasian human though, but it’s your choice.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Dark sun.. Reincarnate and athaisan human..

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock Bait View Post
    From D20SRD:

There’s nothing interfering with the reincarnate in Dark Sun. Most of the first party information about Dark Sun comes from Dragon 319 or 315, so I checked those too places. Dragon 319’s races section states nothing about this specific spell not working, and 315 is kind of useless. I don’t see why you would want to play an athasian human though, but it’s your choice.
    +2 to two different stats (your choice), Wild Talent, more powers known every few levels, and the regular human stuff (bonus feat, bonus skillpoint/level).
    That's an excellent +1, and you can still get into bars.
    Last edited by Elkad; 2019-08-04 at 01:27 AM.