The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Vampier: The Masquerade v5

So I just got this book looking through it. I have been playing and running white wolf games since the 90’s. Would be interested in running a small personal game to really learn the ins and outs of the new system and back story. Looking for 4 maybe 5 people and either a Camarilla or anarch game. Let me know if you are interested.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Vampire the Masquerade 5E
    2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    World of Darkness
    3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4-6
    4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OOTS Forum
    5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Childer
    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Not Applicable
    7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Any officially released. Previews as long as I can get ahold of them
    8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Any officially released. Previews as long as I can get ahold of them
    9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Standard Childer Creation plus 3 extra dots just for lores sheet
    10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Not applicable
    11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Not applicable
    12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Probably going to let you roll or use the forum dice roller
    13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Not at this time
    14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Backgrounds should be relatively detailed, and should explain how your character came to be in Chicago
    15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    This game will be a mix of roleplaying,investigation and politics
    16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    All books as long as I can get a hold of them
    Last edited by Chronomancer79; 2019-08-10 at 11:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vampier: The Masquerade v5

I have enjoyed reading 5E as well, I am more interested in playing a Camarilla based game, though with the disappearance of the Elder Politcal Structure there are alot of power vacuums, and Anarch could work as well.

An idea I have been floating is that a young Gangrel, struggling to control the Beast Within, essentially went to multiple different addiction groups, to cope with her desire for blood. In one of those groups she met a young man, a recovering addict, who was struggling, but overcoming his addiction. Ultimately this young man becomes the Gangrel's touchstone, he, of course notices the quiet girl in the group, and talks to her, engages her, and in the end begins to develop feelings for her. Unable to break the Masquerade, she brushes him off, but not before giving the young man her cell number, saying if he ever needs anything, she will be there to help.

Caught up in a bad situation, with some criminal elements from his past, he ends up a driver for an armed robbery, something monumentally stupid, like a high stakes poker game between old mafia lieutenants or something. The job goes south, and he ends up getting shot, ditches the car, his friends, and bleeding, in an alley, with cappo muscle closing in, he calls his old flame, if only to be with someone as he dies.

She shows up in time to kill his attackers, and get him out of there, but this, her touchstone, is going to die, so she embraces him. The game would pick up about ten years in, hopefully, so new, but not entirely, and the relationship between his sire and himself will have soured, as now the recovered addict must deal with an addiction a thousand times worse, the beast, the rage, and the precious, precious, blood.

Anyways, that's my concept, and I think it could work for Camarilla or Anarch.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

That sounds pretty awesome concept would work well in either a cam or anarch game. I honestly would love a cam game but open to an anarch if that is what most people want. Let’s see what others are interested in. Also everyone realize I only have the core book so anything out of anything else I would need access to.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Hi!

The 5th Edition is the Anniversary Edition I believe?
    I am definitely interested.

Characters would be different depending on Camarilla or Anarch game. Since if we play Camarilla I would go with one of the original Camarilla Clans to really dive into the social structure.

Do you already have an idea for a location?

If we play in the United States I was thinking about a Motel owner that drinks from guests but otherwise delivers truly marvellous service. :-)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

I would be interested in this. I've never played 5th Edition, but I do have the book. As always, from my White Wolf days, I would like to play a Tremere. I think this game sounds fun.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Justanotherhero View Post
    The 5th Edition is the Anniversary Edition I believe?
    I am definitely interested.
    No, 5th Edition is the 5th Edition and 20th Anniversary Edition is the 20th Anniversary Edition.
    My current characters:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Right v5 s the 5th and new edition. As for a place I was thinking somewhere in the us for sure. Anyone have a place they want? I would love Chicago but I don’t have they book.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Adding my interest to the pile. Thinking thin-blood alchemist.
    Last edited by Mahasamatman; 2019-08-09 at 07:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

To be clear, 20th anniversary is actually technically the "4th edition"

Anyways, tentatively throwing my hat in. I think I'm mainly known on this forum for running Chronicle of Darkness games, but obviously got into it all with VtM. Would be interested in playing through the new rules, since some of them are heavily influenced by VtR 2E.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Chronomancer79 View Post
    Right v5 s the 5th and new edition. As for a place I was thinking somewhere in the us for sure. Anyone have a place they want? I would love Chicago but I don’t have they book.
    As someone who lives North of US border, I, personally, would love to see a game set in Toronto. But that's my opinion, so I am flexible, and anywhere we pick I can just as easily google search, so what ever City, Region, Area, that you are familiar with Chrono, and I am excited to make my character work there.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well I got my hands on the Chicago book looking over it now pretty sure that is what I want to run a young coterie. Realize that thin blood get less points I don’t care but I don’t want an issue later.

12. - Top - End - #12

My Gangrel concept could work as freshly embraced childers or neonates, whichever works for the Chronicle.

Did you want us to begin building a character to submit?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Children for sure yeah start throwing out characters I am going to say everyone get 3 extra points for lore sheets

14. - Top - End - #14

I'm at a Family reunion this weekend, but I'll get a sheet up on Monday when I get home Monday.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Violetta Ducheski
    Show
    Epitaph:

Spoiler: Mortal Days: Scholar of the Clan
    Show

Spoiler: Kindred Nights: The Meaning of Magic
    Show

Spoiler: Plots and Schemes
    Show

Spoiler: Haven
    Show

Spoiler: Thralls
    Show

Spoiler: Kindred relationships
    Show

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Name: Violetta Ducheski
    Concept: It Runs in the Family
    Clan: Tremere (house Carna)
    Generation: 12th
    Predator: Osiris
    Ambition: Advance understanding of the Golconda
    Desire: Advance Thaumaturgy

Strength: 1
    Dexterity: 2
    Stamina: 2

Charisma: 2
    Manipulation: 3
    Composure: 3

Intelligence: 3
    Wits: 3
    Resolve: 4

Athletics: 3
    Stealth: 1

Insight: 2
    Persuasion: 2
    Subterfuge: 3

Academics (Research): 1
    Awareness: 2
    Investigation: 1
    Occult (Blood Magic): 4
    Technology (Hacking): 3

Disciplines:
    Auspex: 1 (Sense the Unseen)
    Blood Sorcery: 3 (A Taste For Blood, Extinguish Vitae, Blood of Potency)
    Rituals: Clinging of the Insect [1], Warding Circle Against Ghouls [2], Dagon's Call [3]

Advantages:
    Herd: 3
    Loresheet: Ducheski: 3 (Research Team)
    Retainers (Ducheski revenants): 3
    Loresheet: Golconda: 5 (Greet the Sun)
    Mawla (Erichtho): 2
    Bloodhound: 1
    Languages: English, Russian

Flaws:
    Prey Exclusion (Cops)
    Folkloric Bane (Holy Water)
    Stigmata

Convictions:
    1. To mourn suggests the universe is wrong. When hungry, feed. When threatened, kill.
    2. Nothing is exclusive or separate. The intellectual and the visceral are equal parts of your nature. Know yourself and the Beast utterly.
    3. Do not turn away from what is frightening or ugly. There is no difference between horrible and divine.

Touchstones:
    1. Greg Stolz - ambitious yuppie
    2. Grandfather Arnold Ducheski - eccentric tinkerer
    3. Lara Vron - surrealist artist

--------
    Five-man revenant team (built as a Gifted Mortal)
    Strength: 1
    Dexterity: 2
    Stamina: 2

Charisma: 1
    Manipulation: 1
    Composure: 3

Intelligence: 4
    Wits: 1
    Resolve: 3

Craft (Electronics): 4
    Finances (Black Market): 4
    Science (Chemistry): 3
    Firearms: 3
    Awareness: 3
    Academics (Research): 3
    Occult: 2
    Subterfuge: 2
    Persuasion: 2
    Drive: 2
    Investigation: 1
    Politics: 1
    Streetwise: 1
    Athletics: 1

Disciplines:
    Auspex: 1
    Blood Sorcery: 1
    Rituals: Bloodwalk

Advantages:
    Resources: 5
    Haven: 3
    Haven (Luxury): 1
    Haven (Guards): 1

TODO: Background, formatting, touchstones
    Last edited by Mahasamatman; 2019-08-17 at 06:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Looks good so there is no confusion I want to run this in Chicago doing a Chicago by night game. If you read it and can keep in and out of character knowledge separate then we are all good

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

So I just got this book looking through it. I have been playing and running white wolf games since the 90’s. Would be interested in running a small personal game to really learn the ins and outs of the new system and back story. Looking for 4 maybe 5 people and either a Camarillo or anarch game. Let me know if you are interested.
    I'm already in one recruitment for a 5e game of V:tM, but I'd love to be in more games for it.

So I need a clarification on rulings, does only Thin Bloods get no Predator type or does it include ALL fledglings? It's just that it's slightly ambiguous in the rules but also stated that both Thinbloods are other newly made bloodsuckers are without a predator type since they have yet to get a sense of preference-for-hunting.

In any case I have an Interest in Playing either an investigative-functional Gangrel that is more the bloodhound than the detective, or go with something like a Ventrue that got the connections.

Perhaps give us a Big 16 of sorts so we know what to make, what specific rulings are, etc.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2019-08-10 at 08:56 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    As someone who lives North of US border, I, personally, would love to see a game set in Toronto. But that's my opinion, so I am flexible, and anywhere we pick I can just as easily google search, so what ever City, Region, Area, that you are familiar with Chrono, and I am excited to make my character work there.
    Murdoch Vampire Mysteries?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I have the Chicago book but haven't reviewed it. Will try to get a character sheet out before the end of the weekend, but no promises, because I too am with family from out of town.

Maybe leaning towards a Nosferatu or Malk??? Have we narrowed down the setting a little in terms of anarch or Cam or whatnot
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-08-10 at 09:36 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

I prefer Cam are all interested parties good with that? I will get a 16 out later today

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I’m good with that. My understanding is that the calmerilla has taken a much more elitist bent in 5e. Do you want us to reflect that in the characters we create
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

So yes you will be playing childer but that means you should know basic things and how to take care of yourself. I think in the book when it talks about thin bloods and fledglings not having a predator type it means newly embraced kindred if you want to be a thin blood who has been around at least 5 years then you can have a predator type same for other vampires the 5 year mark without a good story is when you can take a predator type cause you have established yourself. In my games anyway.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yes I think you should or at the very least act the part in cam company and then have your side dealings. Remember at the end of the day breaking the traditions only matter if you get caught.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Updated first post with Big 16

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

So yes you will be playing childer but that means you should know basic things and how to take care of yourself. I think in the book when it talks about thin bloods and fledglings not having a predator type it means newly embraced kindred if you want to be a thin blood who has been around at least 5 years then you can have a predator type same for other vampires the 5 year mark without a good story is when you can take a predator type cause you have established yourself. In my games anyway.
    In that case I might just want to play a Thin Blood since there's no 20+ Exp loss!

And I take it you'd require us all to be at least 5+ years into the Kindred Unlife, yes? Still Fledglings, but not newly-created ones.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yes that 5 years. You can play thin blooded but this a cam game so you will be treated poorly to say the least

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Yes that 5 years. You can play thin blooded but this a cam game so you will be treated poorly to say the least
    I'd expect that regardless, especially in a Cam-game. you got everything to prove as a thin blood to those folk.

But yeah, I think I just might wish to play a Ventrue and be one of those stuck-up suits. Might make one of those that enjoy companions and friends, but always seek to make use of any and all oppertunities that can be gained.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Not a bad idea I mean the prince is a ventrue

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Not a bad idea I mean the prince is a ventrue
    Could he be my characters potential Sire? Or my character's sire's sire would be that ventrue?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Could he be my characters potential Sire? Or my character's sire's sire would be that ventrue?
    He's too high of a generation to be your sire, but a loresheet Descendant of Lodin from Chicago by Night will make you and him members of the same Ventrue family. Mind you, Kevin Jackson has his own Loresheet, so you may want to invest into that instead. Like:
    ••••• The Prince’s Lieutenant:
    You are the Prince’s strong right hand, the vampire he turns to for decisive action and wise counsel alike. You possess Mawla •••• (Kevin Jackson). Once per story, you may request the opportunity to gift the mortal of your choosing the Embrace and the Prince will approve that request.
    Or
    •• Responsible Middle Childe:
    You are a steadfast and proud member of Lodin’s wide bloodline, just coming into your own power and responsibilities. Due to your lineage and position, other Kindred of similar age and Generation to you look to you for leadership. With them you always carry a minimum of Status (••).
    Last edited by Mahasamatman; 2019-08-10 at 02:33 PM.