The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Sunless Citadel [D&D 3.5 Variant/Homebrew Rules]

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarbecueChip View Post
    Hmm, well why don't we just slip another qualifier in the rules and say: "if this leaves you with less than a cumulative +4 or your highest ability score is less than a 16 before racial modifiers you may instead create a character using 28 point-buy"
    That would be awesome, thank you. Felt like a starving kid with an ice cream cone when I saw a cool game...then felt a seagull snatched it away from me when I saw how gimpy of a roll I got on two fronts. lol

Edit: I really hate the fact that these forums will not allow you to add rolls in an edit, and won't let you edit a post without voiding out any rolls already made.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2019-08-12 at 11:57 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Warrior Wealth Roll: (6d4x10)[120]
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Is it ok if I share my character sheet with Google Drive? I dislike Mythweaversí module. Also... what setting? Firatos will be either a militia member of wandering mercenary who canít stop fighting after a war if there was a war, and something else if there wasnít.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodbyeSoberDay
    I think this teaches us a valuable lesson. At bizarrely low levels of optimization, the tier system disappears. In its place is the "we can't even beat CR=ECL-5 foes" system.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

expert starting gold: (5d4)[10] x10 = 100 gold.

Crunch: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=312071

Fluff:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sivian Lark grew up on the streets of (insert city), supposedly housed at the orphanage on Sunfire street, but in reality he and his older brother Anton spent little time there. Nobody wanted the older children, much a pair of siblings, and the people who ran the place mostly used them for free labor when they were around. Anton, owing to his great strength and imposing stature, somehow made it into the Watch, and was often rotated to the outlying towns and villages, leaving Sivian to essentially fend for himself for a few years until he became a legal adult. Without his big brother around to protect him, Sivian fell in with the seedier personalities of the city to help find safety in numbers from those who would take advantage of a skinny youth in the big city. He fell in with the Ebon Razors, a local street gang, and generally spent his days either flirting with the locals, trying to score booze, running scams on visitors, and eventually graduating to becoming a burgeoning cutpurse and cat burglar. Anton tried to dissuade him with stories of the countryside and the villages and warnings of consequences for flouting the law, but Sivian was enjoying the supposed respect and approval of the gang. Unfortunately, the matron of the Sunfire orphanage had enough of an idea of what was going on and provided Sivian's name to the authorities, so he could be arrested once he became of age and be put to work for the city as little more than a slave. If she was paid a healthy fee for the tip, well, orphanage matrons aren't paid well. On Anton's last visit, he discovered what was going to happen from his fellow Watchmen, and warned Sivian. The younger brother made one last heist, fenced the items he'd swiped, and took the gold to buy himself a pony and set off for parts unknown, preferring to take his chances on the road rather than suffer what was sure to be a life of back breaking labor and drudgery. Oakhurst, that sounded good.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-14 at 08:37 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ildu View Post
    Spoiler: The Outcast: Take 2
    Show

You have lived in seclusion for the formative part of your life, studying under the grove of the Order of the Treefather. Perhaps while you were looking for answers in your time apart from the clamor of society, in solitude you found peace. Your hermetic devotion to your cause has given you insight into the deeper mysteries of nature, but over time, you have grown restless with the Order's seclusion and isolationism. You believe the tenets of druidism mean you must help any and all in need, and thus violated the Order's rules of secrecy and impartiality. By allowing a wounded traveler into the grove, you have been banished from The Order. You may be met with animosity by other druids of your Order or by Fey creatures who admonish your transgression.
    Looks good to me.
    Oh and we are using weapon groups rather than the normal proficiency rules, so please modify your sheet. You get Spears or Crossbows, not both, and being an elf grants you Bows and either Light or Heavy Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    That would be awesome, thank you. Felt like a starving kid with an ice cream cone when I saw a cool game...then felt a seagull snatched it away from me when I saw how gimpy of a roll I got on two fronts. lol

Edit: I really hate the fact that these forums will not allow you to add rolls in an edit, and won't let you edit a post without voiding out any rolls already made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock Bait View Post
    Is it ok if I share my character sheet with Google Drive? I dislike Mythweaversí module. Also... what setting? Firatos will be either a militia member of wandering mercenary who canít stop fighting after a war if there was a war, and something else if there wasnít.
    Google Drive works.
    The setting is Greyhawk. Not long ago a great war engulfed the entire continent but it has since petered out. You can read about the details here

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    expert starting gold: [roll0] x10 = 100 gold.

Crunch: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=312071

Fluff hopefully will get to tomorrow.
    Everybody is getting unlucky on gold...

Sheet looks good mechanically.
    Last edited by TheBarbecueChip; 2019-08-13 at 11:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

Looks good to me.
    Oh and we are using weapon groups rather than the normal proficiency rules, so please modify your sheet. You get Spears or Crossbows, not both, and being an elf grants you Bows and either Light or Heavy Blades
    Whoops! Thank you! Fixed that and added in some fluffy stuff. I also noticed I forgot to factor in my penalty to melee to-hit rolls, so that's been updated as well.
    "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, greyhawk is old school.

Iím okay with low starting gold. More room to grow.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Table: Applicants
    Player Concept Sheet
    Thundercracker Human Expert; Sneak attacking roguish type with pets Sivian Lark
    Ildu Elf Spellcaster; Support Druid Outcast Syline Mealidel
    Janwin Elf Warrior; Wilderness dwelling dex based two weapon fighter/scout Adorellan
    Vrock Bait Human Warrior; Unarmed combatant, mercenary Firatos Silverback
    Last edited by TheBarbecueChip; 2019-08-14 at 02:10 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The wars in question are the Greyhawk Wars, yes? Your link 404íd.
    Current games:
    The Sunless Citadel
    Blade of the Four Fallen
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodbyeSoberDay
    I think this teaches us a valuable lesson. At bizarrely low levels of optimization, the tier system disappears. In its place is the "we can't even beat CR=ECL-5 foes" system.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Kukri is exotic weapon prof which requires BAB+1, confirm?

Also is there a list of sample features I can use? I'm not familiar with 5e.

Also now thinking of animal companion class feature instead of handle animal and weeks of downtime to train it, does that have prereqs?

Edit: Updated Sheet, let me know if background needs to be fleshed further: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=312071
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-14 at 08:44 AM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes. I think you should be able to find the page by searching for "the official history of the Greyhawk Wars"

Kukri is exotic weapon prof which requires BAB+1, confirm?

Also is there a list of sample features I can use? I'm not familiar with 5e.

Also now thinking of animal companion class feature instead of handle animal and weeks of downtime to train it, does that have prereqs?

Edit: Updated Sheet, let me know if background needs to be fleshed further: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=312071
    I don't see why. Kukri is now a part of the heavy blades group.

Not really. Backgrounds and features are some of those things WotC wants you to pay for before they'll talk about them. Generally a feature is an aspect of your backstory that allows you influence the world in a noncombat capacity. They usually allow you to do something like request food, shelter, and aid from a certain category of people or allow you to perform some action that should be second nature to your character without having to roll for it.

As noted below you may spend a feat to acquire the ability to cast the 3.0 spell Animal Friendship 1/month at a caster level equal to your character level. I didn't put any prerequisites on it before but I probably should have... ehh, nah. No prereqs.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground

I've got just the thing in case you can't view the page!
    History of the Greyhawk Wars (via the Wayback Machine)
    "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Anyone out there still working on a build?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone out there still working on a build?
    Only thing I need to figure out is a feature. An extra feat sounds nice, how crippling would a feature need to be to qualify for that?
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Only thing I need to figure out is a feature. An extra feat sounds nice, how crippling would a feature need to be to qualify for that?
    Well I've already given out bonus feats for "civilized people are naturally suspicious of me" and "my druid sect defrocked me, causing natural creatures to view me negatively" so something along those lines would work. You could also choose to take something a little or mechanical, such as "I have taken an oath to never do x" which would mean refusing to perform a few related skills, utilize certain weapons/armor/gear, or something similar. It doesn't need to be crazy, but it should come up with some regularity.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Well I've already given out bonus feats for "civilized people are naturally suspicious of me" and "my druid sect defrocked me, causing natural creatures to view me negatively" so something along those lines would work. You could also choose to take something a little or mechanical, such as "I have taken an oath to never do x" which would mean refusing to perform a few related skills, utilize certain weapons/armor/gear, or something similar. It doesn't need to be crazy, but it should come up with some regularity.
    He was in a street gang before he left, so how about wanted for crimes in this particular city, or maybe enmity of a rival gang?
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

He was in a street gang before he left, so how about wanted for crimes in this particular city, or maybe enmity of a rival gang?
    Works for me. Let's make it Brindinford and if the campaign lasts that long it'll come into sharper focus. In the mean time, perhaps you have a second shadow or something similar.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Works for me. Let's make it Brindinford and if the campaign lasts that long it'll come into sharper focus. In the mean time, perhaps you have a second shadow or something similar.
    What, like a Peter Pan shadow?
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What, like a Peter Pan shadow?
    I was thinking something a little more mundane, as in somebody is following/watching you

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking something a little more mundane, as in somebody is following/watching you
    Canít really justify why someone would follow a street urchin halfway across the country. How about a feature that lets him blend into crowds really easily?
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Canít really justify why someone would follow a street urchin halfway across the country. How about a feature that lets him blend into crowds really easily?
    Well perhaps you screwed up a big job, or slept with the gang leader's daughter, or maybe you learned something that the gang can't risk becoming common knowledge.

On the other hand, I could certainly see something like allowing you to use any group of around 10 individuals as cover or concealment, crowds never hamper your movement, you are always treated as Lying Low for the purposes of Influence Checks used to try and find you, stuff along those lines.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Well perhaps you screwed up a big job, or slept with the gang leader's daughter, or maybe you learned something that the gang can't risk becoming common knowledge.

On the other hand, I could certainly see something like allowing you to use any group of around 10 individuals as cover or concealment, crowds never hamper your movement, you are always treated as Lying Low for the purposes of Influence Checks used to try and find you, stuff along those lines.
    Crowds offer cover and concealment anyway. Not hampering movement is nice, so is Lying Low (not sure of the mechanics of that).

I also like the idea of knowing something the gang can not afford to become common knowledge and sleeping with the gang leaders daughter. Can we do both, like he slept with the gang leaderís daughter and she told him the secret?
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Crowds offer cover and concealment anyway. Not hampering movement is nice, so is Lying Low (not sure of the mechanics of that).

I also like the idea of knowing something the gang can not afford to become common knowledge and sleeping with the gang leaders daughter. Can we do both, like he slept with the gang leaderís daughter and she told him the secret?
    Yes, but 10 people usually does not a crowd make. I was trying to say that with just a few extra people, in addition to the party, you would be capable of avoiding notice/using them to your advantage. Lying low refers to the Urban Tracking feat. The equivalent of covering your trail when tracking.

I'll message you the secret.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Amusing wonder what kind of spell list I can make with this? Probably some fire based arcane guy would be neat
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[10]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

After seeing the stats I would definately like to make a spellcaster/warrior gish magic knight. Duskblade class features as feats would probably be my go to, my first level would be warrior to keep my HP up and level two would be in spellcaster arcane. Second level bonus feat would be something similar to duskblade's ability to cast in light armor and shield?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    Amusing wonder what kind of spell list I can make with this? Probably some fire based arcane guy would be neat
    After seeing the stats I would definately like to make a spellcaster/warrior gish magic knight. Duskblade class features as feats would probably be my go to, my first level would be warrior to keep my HP up and level two would be in spellcaster arcane. Second level bonus feat would be something similar to duskblade's ability to cast in light armor and shield?
    Spell selection is much broader than the standard sorcerer, although the number of spells an individual knows and can cast is relatively unchanged.

I can certainly see an armored mage feat, or you could just declare your magic to be Divine. But you'd have to cast off of wisdom in that case.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Developed some feats for the abilities I am hoping to get
    calling it a Dreadknight feat package, tanky guy with debuffs need the cha synergy so going to keep arcane.

Armored Mage
    Prerequisites: light armor proficiency, CL 1
    Benefit: you are able to cast in light armor ajd using a light shield without incurring arcane spell failure.
    Arcane Channeling
    Prequisites: Concentration 6 ranks, Caster Level 1, proficiency with at least 1 martial weapon.
    Benefit: Gain the ability to channel spells like a duskblade of 3rd level.
    Arcane Channeling, Greater
    Prerequisites: Concentration 16 ranks, Caster level 8, Arcane Channeling.
    Benefit: Gain Arcane Channeling as a level 13 duskblade
    Aura of Despair
    Prerequisites: Non-good, Intimidate 6 ranks
    Benefit: Gain aura of despair as a paladin of tyranny.
    Rebuke Undead
    Prerequisite: Non-good, Knowledge Religion 4 ranks
    Benefit: Rebuke undead as a cleric equal to your character level.
    Steely Resolve/Furious Counter Strike
    Prerequisites: Medium or Heavy armor prof, Athletics 4 ranks, Con 13
    Benefit: Gain Steely Resolve 5 and Furious Counterstike of a 1st level Crusader.
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2019-08-20 at 09:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Developed some feats for the abilities I am hoping to get
    calling it a Dreadknight feat package, tanky guy with debuffs need the cha synergy so going to keep arcane.
    {DM Rubber Stamp Here}

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am noticing a remarkable lack of sheets and activity on this thread. So unless I hear howls of outrage in the next few days, I'm setting a start date of Saturday with the four of you who have completed sheets.

Assuming everybody is still around that it. Can I get a role call?

Table: Applicants
    Player Concept Sheet RSVP'd
    Thundercracker Human Expert; Sneak attacking roguish type with pets Sivian Lark
    Ildu Elf Spellcaster; Support Druid Outcast Syline Mealidel
    Janwin Elf Warrior; Wilderness dwelling dex based two weapon fighter/scout Adorellan
    Vrock Bait Human Warrior; Unarmed combatant, mercenary Firatos Silverback
    Last edited by TheBarbecueChip; 2019-08-30 at 11:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Iím still in it and ready to go.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-27 at 12:22 AM.
    TC for short