The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 63
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    Jayden grumples a little as Akemi refuses the bet, but quickly goes back to listening attentively to Mr Worth.

    He's a little disappointed that they're stuck with the name, but he understands Worth's reasoning. And the man was right; they were special, and he was giving them an example to show the world that truth. For that they should be thankful.

    Then comes the mention of Nikita going on breakfast television. Jayden looks over at Nikita with concern. Concern that only grows when he hears the boy's nervously stammered response. Akemi recommended Ezra going along with Nikita, and Jayden was just about to voice how much of a bad idea he thought that was, when Ezra himself beat him to it.

    Jayden is honestly surprised as Ezra turns down the suggestion, noting his own volatility, and recommends Akemi in his place. Perhaps the guy had more mature than he'd given him credit for.

    "Mr Worth. If I may..." Jayden says as he stands up to address the producer. "By the time we're done here, I'm sure all of us will have been on talk shows a dozen times. So maybe it would be alright to let Nikita sit this one out and let someone else break the ice in his place? Someone like..."

    Jayden looks around the table at his other team members. Not Nikita, that's who he was trying to save from this situation in the first place. Not Ezra, the guy had straight up admitted to how talking things out wasn't his style. He looks in the direction Superconductor ran off, and no. Just no. That only left two options: himself and Akemi.

    "Someone like Akemi! You want witty quips? Well she's easily the smartest one here, plus she knows how to talk in front of a camera. If we want to put out best foot forward with this thing, then Akemi should be the one doing the interview," Jayden insists.

    "And once she's shown us all how it's done, and that it's nothing to worried about, I'm sure Nikita will be just fine taking the stage," Jayden adds as a last second thought.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Accepting influence. Shifting Freak up and Mundane down.
    Last edited by Catastrophic_B; 2019-09-12 at 07:43 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:41pm MDT
    Team Quarters

    TEAM: 3

    With Nikita going pale and the rest of the team that was present immediately leaping to his defense, it’s pretty clear that the team is starting to come together as unit...at least in situations of ‘us against them’.

    Adam holds up his hands defensively as everyone jumps down his throat, a look of surprise on his face.

    "Whoah, hey there kiddos, settle down," he protests. "Geeze, it's just an interview, it's not like he's addressing the UN or something. Look, this was the morning show's request, they wanted face time with Astral Black." The producer grins. "You should consider it a compliment, right? And hey, sure, if somebody wants to go along and be there for moral support, I'm sure--"

    Worth breaks off suddenly as an ear-splitting siren goes off, a modulated warble that is impossible to ignore and unlikely to be able to get used to. Every screen and light in the house begins to flash, alternating between bright white and a lurid red.

    If this had happened in the middle of the night....

    After a few seconds the siren cuts out, the lights continuing to flash while the screens instead all display the same message; a half-page panel focuses on the main common room screen.

    METAHUMAN EVENT!
    RANGE RIDERS, AWAY!


    Worth is positively beaming as he turns back to face the team. "Brilliant!" he exclaims. "Time to earn your keep, kiddos! The camera team will be en route – go go go, get ready!" he urges. Turning to Jenny, he begins speaking urgently with her, gesturing emphatically as she nods and taps away at her tablet.




    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Range Riders have been called to deal with a superhero-level issue. Get your game faces on!.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5


    While Nikita’s complexion had become blanched, a healthy pink hue begins to return and then build to entirely conspicuous levels as the rest of the team jump in with various protective and/or helpful suggestions for him. He chews on the inside of his lip when Dynast suggests Ezra go with him, and that suggestion is immediately shot down by Ezra himself. He tries not to latch onto the idea that Ezra doesn’t want to go with him because he’s angry over the ‘cute’ comment, and listen instead to the logic that the other boy is spouting in actual reasoning, but Niki’s always been bad at ignoring his own anxiety’s poisonous whispers. It doesn’t help the ruby blush of shame he’s wearing on his face now, regardless.

    He wouldn’t actually mind Akemi coming with him! He's been looking for a chance to get to know her better and chat bout some things, even. But now he’s too embarrassed to say anything at all, letting the rest of the team offer their suggestions to Mr. Worth.

    While he knows Jayden is trying to help him, he does feel a pang of furthered embarrassment realizing that by this point now every member of the team (currently present) has offered their assistance in one way or another. And while he certainly doesn’t disagree with Jayden’s assessment of a better candidate, and doesn’t even want to do the interview in the first place, Nikita is almost mortified in the end that the team agrees he shouldn’t be doing it.

    Nikita almost falls out of his chair when the siren goes off, instead falling through it as the momentary panic causes him to teleport without a clear destination in mind. He awkwardly crawls out from beneath the chair and scrambles to his feet less than gracefully. Brushing himself off rapidly, he holds a hand over his heart afterwards as if trying to steady his pulse, glancing around with wide eyes as all the screens in the room flash brightly between red and white. It’s like having all the fun of a panic attack, without- ...no, while still very likely about to have one!

    Staring perplexedly at the screens for a moment as the text pops up, Mr. Worth’s voice brings him back to reality. Oh gods! This is really happening!

    Nikita’s gaze flickers around the group, needing to gauge their reactions and responses for how to proceed, and naturally ends up fixating on Ezra who he’s keen to follow in most any situation. Hoping the boy doesn’t hate him too much currently, he edges towards him with clear intent of buddying up.
    Last edited by The_Specialist; 2019-09-23 at 09:32 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    There was a lot more Ezra wanted to say, angrily and loudly. Maybe it was all the food weighing him down, or the sudden siren that erupted but any further rage ebbed and his gameface was on. He motions to Nikita before motioning outside. Half the team could either fly or had awesome power suits, Ezra had a van. It was as good a transport as any. Maybe they all could pool their money for a slick helicopter or something. Maybe the show should spring for it, they were on the company dime anyway.

    The car ride is silent as Ezra seethes, the panels showing tires squealing a few blocks away from the fighting. It wasn't just their van, it was their home. Wouldn't do for it to be crushed by some super powered yahoo. He unloads just as silently, hoofing it the rest of the way to the activity in progress.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +1
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +0

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    Akemi looks a little surprised as she's nominated to join Nikita at his interview instead of Ezra, but she smiles and gives a small nod, "I'd be happy to go along."

    She's somewhat relieved as Worth confirms he wasn't looking to force Nikita into an uncomfortable position, but further discussion is forestalled by the abrupt alarm. Wincing, she reached up to shield one of her ears as she looked up to the display screen above. She hesitates long enough that Worth offers his encouragements to get out there and do some hero work, then rises from her seat and runs to the garage. As she runs, she fits in her communicator bead, then clambers as swiftly as she can into the waiting shell of her mech.

    Within a few seconds of lever flipping and button pressing, there's a soft whine as Dynast rises to her feet. The garage door opens and she lumbers out, following after Ezra's van. Arriving on site, she forges ahead as Ezra parks up somewhere safe, opting to clamber up on top of a building to try and get a better view of what was going on. Though not exactly graceful doing so, she is at least quick to climb as her inbuilt wings skirr behind her. "Ok... What've we got here..."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Assessing the situation! Dynast is gonna try and figure out what needs their attentions here.

    (2D6+2)[9]

    Edit - Hit! Per 'Be Mindful of your Surroundings', I get an additional question pre-fight, so Dynast will ask 'What here is the biggest threat?' and 'What here is in the greatest danger?'
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-09-25 at 08:34 AM.



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    Jayden was jumping out of his seat the moment the alarms went off, and out the door by the time Worth started speaking. His was an urgency born more from necessity than anything else, as it took him more time than the others to 'suit-up'.

    Rushing into his dorm, he threw off his clothes and pulled on his flight suit, a hi-tech and skin-tight creation made using carbon nanotubes, with a series of circular ports located at key points to anchor the Spartan armor to the suit. With that done, it's a mad rush down to the garage, where he arrives just in time to see Dynast go charging out.

    Without wasting any time, he heads over to where the Spartan armor is secured in its maintenance rig, and slams a button that has the armor opening up enough for him to get inside. The moment he's in place, and the armor has connected to the ports on his suit, the armor closes around him and there's a brief moment of claustrophobia before all the systems come online.

    After a few quick stretches to make sure everything's moving right, Spartan calls up the location of the incident on his Heads-Up-Display, takes a sprinter's stance, and then takes off running out of the garage door. By the time he arrives, he can see Astral and Ezra climbing out of there van, and Dynast disappearing over the top of a building.

    Figuring Dynast has the right idea, he uses the fire escape to climb to the roof of the building on the opposite side of the incident to Dynast, hoping to catch anything she doesn't notice from her vantage point.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Taking this opportunity to roll 'Before we get started'. Rolled a 10, so holding 3.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:52pm MDT
    Downtown!

    TEAM: 3

    Ezra and Astral Black have very little prep time compared to their more heavily armoured teammates, and as such are ready to be on the move sooner. Which probably turns out for the best; there is a slight delay at the van as the camera crew tries to pile in with them; they are quite shocked to discover that Ezra had indeed not been kidding when he'd said there was no way they were setting foot inside. They were spotted running for their own transportation as the van peels out; not that any of the team are likely concerned if they keep up or not.

    And it's not like there won't be any footage to be had; part of the team's show contract involves the wearing of body cameras – or providing a feed from existing suit cameras – during excursions like this, for that genuine first-person-perspective that makes an action-based reality series like this so exciting!

    During transit everyone is provided an update with a) where they're going, and b) what they're likely to be facing. Fortunately, the location is right downtown, so only a few minutes away from the Quarters. In fact, it seems to be happening more or less at the base of the Stampede Spire, a tower that – at the time – had been erected to be the tallest structure in the city back in the 80's when it had hosted the Olympics. It has since been surpassed several times by skyscrapers as the city expands, but it is still a slender and majestic sight; especially with the massive flame burning atop the torch-like structure.

    As for what, reports have a quite large and quite strong metahuman tearing up the immediate area; any specific goal is not known at this time.

    A terse report is one thing; the actual visuals are quite another, once the team arrives on the scene.

    Dynast clambers up the side of the parking garage on the south side of the Spire, Spartan scaling the two-story lobby extension of a hotel to the north, giving them a clear view of the street and the hulking figure below. He seems to be the only threat involved at this time, but from the look of him he should be the only one needed. There are police on the scene, but they seem to be concentrating their efforts on holding a perimeter to keep civilians out of harm's way; a number of street-level windows in the immediate area have apparently been shot out, but there are no signs of injury on the man who commands the street.

    As Ezra and Astral arrive on the scene, they get to witness the enormous figure scoop up a parked car in one hand with a grunt, and casually hurl it into the face of a second story insurance office just up the street from where they stand. The man is shirtless, brutish-featured and tremendously musclebound, and at least ten feet tall. His gaze falls upon the pair.

    "Well well well, it looks like we have a couple of little heroes," he rumbles, his voice shockingly deep for anything that's ostensibly human...and vaguely UK accented. "Come to stop the Jackal, have you? He grins, baring uneven yellowed teeth in what can't even charitably be called an amused look. "I like to play with toys now and again; you two pretty-boys should do nicely." He cracks his knuckles, the sound more like that of snapping ribs than anything so mundane.



    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Jackal is clearly the biggest threat, and just opposite the tower is a heavily trafficked hotel and convention centre that can't possibly have been fully evacuated yet by this point. Anything that goes through its many street-facing windows could conceivably kill someone still inside.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Ezra launches from the van, landing with a huff. The panels shows the dwarfed Ezra, easily half the size of The Jackal in thick and gritty lines. "More than enough for you. Why don't you and me settle this big guy. More than a match for whatever you've got." That...probably wasn't true but he wasn't going to own up to that. He'd made a name for himself being greedy when it came to fights and someone as big and strong as the Jackal was everything he wanted in an opponent. A challenge, first and foremost.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled an 8 in Discord. Pretty clear Ezra is just trying to get the Jackal to focus on him

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions: Insecure, Afraid, Guilty
    Potential: 0/5
    Burn: 2/2


    While slightly embarrassed as the camera crew are shooed from Ezra’s van, he’s also secretly glad. He’s not sure if he’d be able to concentrate like he needs to, while having them crammed in with him and Ezra, cameras rolling and questions flying. He does his best not to be overly spooked by Ezra’s driving; Nikita knows they need to get there fast, and he knows he can trust the other teen, even if the drive gives him a mild heart attack sometimes.

    Doing his best to tune out the journey, he focuses on his breathing, drawing in through his nose and letting out through his mouth. Trying to calm and center himself, so that he can attempt to collect a bit of that energy he can feel just out of reach, as he’d rather have it ready to go than try and call forth a connection at the last second. While his magic definitely seems reactive to danger, he prefers to be the one controlling how that response forms. His amber eyes begin to turn green, taking on a fierce glow that is mirrored over his slender hands.

    Unfortunately, the drive isn’t nearly long nor steady enough for him to find any sort of peace. The quiet should have helped, but instead he couldn’t help worrying that Ezra might still be mad at him. Despite his best efforts, Nikita can feel his pulse raising and the previous panic still looming as adrenaline tingles through his veins along with an unstable trickle of Aether. He can’t stop focusing on the fact that this is real, for the first time ever. They’re going to have to work as a team, for the first time ever, and he’s just sure he’s going to muck it up somehow. If they make it through all this, he’s definitely going to try working out with Jayden, and anything else that might help him not panic at the slightest hint of danger.

    Stepping shakily out of the van, he’s quick to follow behind Ezra, though freezes, slack-jawed, once they arrive on scene and he catches sight of the Jackal. This guy is huge!!! He stares in disbelief at Ezra as the other boy goes right on ahead taunting the brute, though Nikki really shouldn’t be surprised at this point. The resonating snapping of Jackal’s knuckles makes him feel sick to his stomach, and he’s starting to regret being first on the scene as the lumbering Jackal seems to have focused on them. He begins to back away slightly, not with the intention of fleeing or abandoning Ezra (he’d never!) but simply knowing that their two fighting styles... don’t mesh well together. Mainly in that Nikita doesn’t like to be up close and personal with the enemy. He’ll do better to be out of range of their melee and helping while the brute is distracted, for sure!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled 6 to charge up his powers. Marking 3 conditions and holding 2 burn!
    Last edited by The_Specialist; 2019-09-30 at 11:15 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +1
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +0

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    Akemi watches the scene below for a few moments, attention flicking between the pair challenging Jackal and the building off in the distance. The panels shift to show the bug-faced front of her mech, the text box taking on the jagged-edged shape associated with radio transmission. "We need to keep him away from the convention center." There's a cut to her face inside the mech, lit up by the various heads-up-displays that form her view of the world. Her text box returns to normal now that there's no mech between her and the reader, "If you can't draw him away, just keep him focused so that he's not facing the buildings. Get his attention down by his feet."

    As she speaks she leaps the gap between two buildings, wings whirring to help achieve the leap. With Nikita and Ezra holding his attention, she felt comfortable playing the role of overwatch for the moment. Better to have some eyes on the overall situation that all zoning in, after all.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Not my best post, but needed to get something out.

    No roll here, Akemi's just keeping on watch in case there's another shoe ready to drop that we don't know about.



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 0/5


    "Dynast's right," Spartan says over the comms as he takes in the situation. "Ezra, I'm pretty sure this guy has some level of physical invulnerability. You're constructs are likely our best bet right now, or at least until Zuper shows up. Plus you got here first so you got dibs."

    As he's talking, Spartan walks to the edge of the roof, and grabbing a hold of the railing, jumps over. With his hand still on the railing, and his legs coming up to brace themselves against the wall, Spartan looks like a heavily armored swimmer getting ready to push off the side of a pool. "I'm in position to jump in if things look dicey."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Getting ready to spend 2 hold, 1 to close the distance, and 1 to redirect an attack, if it looks like Ezra's going to take a powerful blow.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: None, for now...
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    We cut to a POV of the camera just outside of the bathroom door, STILL. Presumably the producer's logic being if you weren't smart enough to actually close the door, that would be on you. Superconductor bursts out of the bathroom, all teeth and white hair, ready to rejoin the conversation on what Ezra should or should not be wearing with a fiery passion and a deeply entrenched set of beliefs on what would or would not constitute a sexy outfit on the young man, only to find that...

    The conversation is already over...

    "I-- Uh! Where is everyone!? WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME!?!?" She screams out, fists flailing in the air as she looks up to the sky to curse a metaphorical god; only to see the ALARM flashing -- SILENT to her, as her headphones THUMPS and DROANS it out in a with a thick line of BASS. But Szuperconductor can gather as much as to what the alarm means; a mischievous grin crosses her face.

    We cut to her tiny, glassy-blue hand as it yanks an oversized red windbreaker off the coat-hanger in front of the doors of Quarters. One arm after another, the superheroine slides it on overtop of the bodysuit she was already wearing. "Costume Complete!" It's... it's probably the laziest costume transformation sequence of all time. But Szuper does it with an such an enthusiasm that it wouldn't suggest such -- just before she straight-up BLOWS the door, hinges and all off of the Quarters.

    She breaks out into a dead sprint, turns sideways like she'll slide through air just off the front porch step -- and it looks like she's about to face plant into the ground when her feet do, in fact, catch the air. She slides into the air, and blue sparks shoot off below and parallel to her hightop soles -- like putting tile to a grindstone as she picks up speed and height.

    Suddenly she is is skating fast and high through the air, a mix of different skating and sports techniques at varying times -- all picked up by instinct, or via telepathic sponginess. It was hard for her to be sure sometimes; but it looks cool, regardless, and she was more than happy to focus on that. And as she reaches the part of Stampede City that is experiencing the metahuman attack of the Jackal.

    She casually pulls out one INDEX FINGER as she skates sideways -- like she's grinding on and jumping between a series of invisible, airborne rails that only she can see. Off her fingertip, she spins out a golfball-sized orb of electric blue, and tosses it into her other hand; she holds the ball like a compact mirror, seemingly checking herself out until we cut to the other end.

    To INSIDE THE VAN.

    Where all four Monitor Screens -- once a shot of each teammates camera, lined up to be switched to as needed -- are all replaced with Szuperconductor's face -- slightly fish-eyed by the spherical "camera" she created, as she takes up the entire frame. She looks to Adam Worth. "Actually, its not important where you left the team leader because--" She hangs up, disappearing from screens.

    We CUT to the facade of one of the BUILDING above, just before Szuper EXPLODES through it -- her hands crackling, her barrier opened up into a pair of massive electric wings surrounded by sparkles of GLASS DUST -- and she's already landed just past the Jackal, standing with her back to his about 10 feet away. She turns just her head towards him, Ezra and Astra Black.

    "Hey Boys, I'm here! Thanks for, y'know, waiting up." She winks at Ezra and Niki, perhaps a little bit confrontationally. Then, she slides off one-headphone cuff and focuses her attention on the Jackal. "Let's find out what makes you afraid. Kay?" Her eyes light up, a slightly twisted smile crosses her face as pure ANGER rings through her mind. Even more so after seeing Ezra and Nikita alone on the battlefield together, making her even more annoyed about being left behind -- sick -- and not being even checked on by the producers; let alone her teammates. "Then we'll just have to figure out how you can best worship at my feet, Peon."

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Rolling to Unleash my Powers (Extending Szuper's senses to crack open the Jackal's mind like its a dainty Egg). Got a 7 and I am going to choose to mark ANGRY to keep the effect from being Unstable or Tempor
    Last edited by Hans Free; 2019-11-08 at 03:36 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:53pm MDT
    Downtown!

    TEAM: 3

    Despite being in the field with overwhelming numerical superiority...or perhaps because of it...the team cedes the initiative in this encounter to the bad guy.

    The Jackal is more than willing to take them up on it.

    ”A match? You ain’t even a spark, kid,” the enormous man booms. Šuper gently peels open the brute’s mind even as he charges at Ezra, revealing the image of a screen showing the head and shoulders of...someone, the image masked by shadows and lighting. The image doesn’t seem to be particularly large or powerful, but the impression from the Jackal’s mind is that of a titan who would tower scores of feet into the air. This figure...this is what scares him, and drives him forward now.

    And drive forward he does. The power involved is unsurprising considering his mass and physique, but the panel’s speed lines about the Jackal in the immediate foreground and the almost identical surprised expressions on Ezra and Astral’s faces in the background indicate that the approach has a great deal more quickness involved than had been expected.

    Almost lost in mid-panel is Šuper, ignored as the thunderous passage comes within arm’s reach of her on his way to plant an enormous fist into Ezra’s face.

    Fortunately, this tactic is telegraphed obviously enough that it can be seen coming 1.6 kilometers away. Two feet shy of Ezra’s beginnings of a dodge – which looked to be too late to make a difference – two more feet belonging to Spartan crash down in the middle of the muscled forearm, driving the Jackal’s punch down to impact with the street rather than with Ezra’s pretty face. The asphalt craters under the impact, stress fractures radiating out from misshapen divot in a manner that suggests it would have hurt, just a bit, should the blow have landed.

    The Jackal roars, enraged, and is within both easy swinging distance of Spartan and Ezra, but only a long stride away from Šuper as well.

    The cameras are definitely catching the exchange; not only the team’s body cameras, but Dynast spots at least two drones in the air that likely are sending their feeds to the media van parked a safe-ish distance away.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Two Hold expended by Spartan to keep Ezra’s pretty face from being messed up. The Jackal seems mildly put out.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions:
    Potential: /5

    Even as Spartan steps in to push the blow into the ground, Ezra lunges above the armored hero with a snarl. "Don't tell me what to do!" he shouts, black working up his arms as he channels his powers before bringing a furious flurry of punches down on The Jackal. It wasn't enough to hurt the guy, physical limitations none-withstanding, he had to send a message. "You wanna underestimate me, that's fine. I'm gonna show you why we name storms after people."

    He landed softly, expanding his senses. The man was fast, faster than anything that big had a right to be. He wasn't ready the first time, Spartan saved him a few bruises to be sure, but he'd be set this time, ready to spring away.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled a 9 on Directly Engage, boosted to 10 with team. Impressing/Scaring/Etc and avoiding blows.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 1/5


    As Jackal's arm crashed into the street, Spartan kicked off the insanely large forearm and into a handspring, as the asphalt cracked under the force of the blow.

    "Keep the pressure on!" Spartan called out, as he ignited the thrusters in one leg to power up a roundhouse kick aimed at Jackal's leg.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled to Directly engage a threat. Got a 3. Marking potential.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: None, for now...
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    Slight white buck teeth graze pink lips over cool skin; Szuper's grin increasing as Ezra yells at Spartan not to give him orders, her fury abating for a second as he compares himself to a storm. You can almost see electricity in her eyes as her gaze lingers on the boy, breathless. Šuperconductor releases an unwrapped hand from her windbreaker. Ever-so-gently, her clear fingers meet. SNAP.

    HEY.

    Sparks fly as the air thins around each of Ezra's hands. His Ryou-filled fists cut ever-so-slightly quicker through the air into Jackal's meaty visage; making the red-head look like the very storm he claimed to be. Each mighty blow in the flurry sparks a chain reaction through the Jackal's synaptic nerve axels, lighting up the parts of his brain, adding the briefest flashes of the fear of the Silhouetted Man into the villain's mind.

    LOOK.

    A headphone off, she feels the faintest tingle telepathic empathy for the Jackal; for his fear. She looks down at her hand, frankly shocked at what she's accidentally let herself do. She's used her powers to make someone else stronger -- even if just by a fraction -- without meaning to... probably for the first time since she left the cult. And it felt so... good. It makes her sick to her stomach. Her brows furrow as Jayden swings his leg into the Jackal -- the villain still not paying attention to her; just like the rest of them. Her lips unmoving, she projects another wyrd into his head.

    LIŠTEN.

    But she's not satisfied to take the chance, so she quickly cups her hands together in front of her mouth and shouts.

    "Hey, didn't you hear me, you big lummox!? I~know~what~you're~scared~of!" She taunts the Jackal in a sing-song voice. Szuper points to her head with one finger and taps.

    "Just because you look ugly doesn't mean you're tough. 'Specially not up here, Sunshine. You shouldn't be so focused on the weaklings when you've got a whole army's worth of badasses here; Me." She smiles satisfied as she points up at her face and strikes a cutesie pose; waving her hands above her head and leaving behind an into an illusion of big bold bubble letters that crackle before bursting into nothing: ŠUPERCONDUCTOR!

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Spent a team to boost Ezra's roll! Rolling to Provoke Jackal to focus on her instead of Jayden. Got a 6. Per Bull's heart, if it frustrates Niki or impresses Ezra -- it gets boosted to a 7, otherwise, I need a team/mark potential.

    EDIT: Per Discord, Astral Black is frustrated by Szuper's antics. Roll upgraded to 7!!
    Last edited by Hans Free; 2019-10-19 at 11:33 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +1
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +0

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    With Jackal's attention pretty thoroughly taken up by her fellow heroes, Akemi keys up her comms suite, opening simultaneous comms to the hotel and convention center.

    "Attention. This is Dynast of the Range Riders." There's the briefest moment of hesitation as she speaks their team name, an inside cut on her face showing her pulling a slight face, "My team are keeping Jackal occupied. I'm yet to see any secondary threats. Can I offer my assistance in evacuation?"



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions: Insecure, Afraid, Guilty
    Potential: 0/5
    Burn: 1/2


    Nikita is already only a few steps from a panic attack, he would have thought Szuper’s appearance would only make that a step closer. The aggravation is almost a distraction however; it takes a lot to make Nikki angry given his trend to become a wet blanket in the face of interpersonal conflict, but Szuper is one of the few people who can push his buttons. The greeting and challenging wink from the other pale haired hero causes him to instinctively bristle, where being face to face with an actual villain only made him nervous. He should be glad she’s there to help Ezra as the redhead dives straight into raining fury upon Jackal, but seeing the Szuper-blue sparks flying from the other boy’s fists just makes him... uncomfortable.

    He lets out a yelp when the brute appears to nearly crash a fist into Ezra, only to be stopped by Jayden crashing down on Jackal’s arm. The massive fellow moves surprisingly fast for his size, proved again as it looks like he’s about to retaliate for Jayden’s interference. Letting out another squeak of dismay, this time Nikita manages to do more than gawk. He'll have time to feel guilty that he didn't move quick enough to defend his bestie later.

    Holding out a hand, his amber eyes flash green for a moment, the energy seeming to radiate away from his face and disperse rapidly into smoke the same verdant hue. It flickers at his outstretched fingertips, but nothing appears directly in front of them. Instead, a slab of jade crystal materializes with a loud cracking sound, slamming into the ground directly between Jayden and The Jackal to take the blow instead. From where Jayden stands, he will be able to see that on his side of the small ‘wall’, there’s also a pair of ribbons protruding, the alien material flowing fluidly as if caught in an invisible wind and unbound by gravity, though they curl inwards, the loose ends reconnecting to the flat surface to form loops. While the same colour as the crystalline slab, they are strangely malleable in contrast to the shield despite appearing to be made of the same stuff. The pair of straps are clearly placed and shaped so that he could stick an arm through, and turn the slab into a tower shield. Jayden can easily lift the shield out of the ground again and use it for any purpose, if he wishes.

    Just as Niki’s feeling tentatively pleased with himself for managing something even vaguely useful, Szuper is quick to steal the spotlight and try and distract Jackal from the ‘weaklings’. He tries not to let her get to him, but being called a ‘weakling’ does sting, perhaps because he is so self-conscious of that concept, amongst others. Outside of his ‘Mount Morozov’ moments, he’s well aware he comes off as one of the weaker contenders, at least to some. At least in his own head, he must. Not that Naya wants the spotlight either, no. But something about the outrageous pageantry that Szuper approaches everything with just drives him up the wall. Never mind the fact that this is television and over-the-top displays are most likely encouraged.

    It’s still something that Nikita hasn’t got used to, and Szuper’s blatant flexing of her ego can only be met with disdain. He tries to ignore it in most cases, especially considering there are cameras on them at almost all times and he doesn’t want to make a name for himself being confrontational. This time however, a visible scowl takes over as the big balloon letters appear in to the air along with her declaration: ŠUPERCONDUCTOR!

    “Oh my god, please shut up...” Nikita pleads in an exasperated whine. He immediately blushes, having the grace to feel embarrassed at himself, though he can't say he doesn't still feel the sentiment.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spending 1 Burn to make a Construct and protect Jayden!
    Last edited by The_Specialist; 2019-10-16 at 04:41 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:54pm MDT
    Downtown!

    TEAM: 2

    There's no reply to Dynast's communication attempt for a long moment as the action continues to unfold below, until a response comes in on a frequency that likely belongs to a handheld shortwave radio; front desk to bellhop, perhaps.

    Dynast? The superhero kid?" Perhaps the confusion stems from the public's lack of awareness of the team's spiffy new name as of yet. "We're evacuating people out the back to 8th Street; it's just going to take time. Just...keep him from bringing the place down on our heads!"

    Down below, the Jackal...well, he doesn't respond very well to Ezra's blows. While not grievously damaging, by design, they're quite painful, and this is apparently something the big man hasn't expected to encounter. Stumbling back from the swift assault, unable to lay a hand on his small but energetic opponent, he reaches one long arm and grabs a delivery truck abandoned at the curb, overturning it between himself and Ezra.

    Spartan's attempt at engaging with him only seems to spur the ugly brute on, one huge fist coming crashing down at the armoured hero – only to be blocked by the materialization of the smoky green crystal slab, which is driven a few inches deeper into the street by the blow.

    The Jackal's irritated snarl is cut short by Šuper's taunting words, and his eyes widen.

    "No! You can't! Stay out of my head, you'll ruin everything! he bellows, sounding more fearful than angry. Ripping the mage-conjured slab of stone out of the ground, he hurls it with deadly force at the hovering heroine! If it wasn't for her wings' ability to bleed momentum out of an object she likely would have several times as many bones in her body as she is supposed to...assuming you count broken ones as individual pieces. As it is, the slab is perhaps two inches from her nose before it halts, falling away to boom into the street with ponderous impact.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Jackal marks a condition and is scared of Ezra being able to injure him so easily. Spartan's attack is unsuccessful, and the Jackal's return blow is only foiled by Astral's intervention. Šuper successfully focuses their foe's attention upon her...something she might regret quickly. He overreacts out of proportion to the situation; Šuper gains influence over the Jackal.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions: Angry,
    Potential: /5

    Ezra squares up, ready to take a truck to the face at any second only for silence...or at least mostly silence to greet him. Super was messing with his head it seemed but all he could really dwell on is how everyone was dog piling on his kill. This was his thing, cocky meatheads that thought they were invincible. He'd made it through the whole show on the back of that premise, dealing with people who thought they could take him down. Didn't they have other things to worry about, like the civilians? Now the brute was getting cautious. Going on the defensive. Hunkering down. That made him more dangerous and all that really did was make Ezra angry.

    It was an emotion he was familiar with, perhaps to a point of fondness. He was usually angry. He woke up angry, he went to bed angry. It was a bonfire that raged in his chest at almost every hour of ever day since he'd left home. It was all the little things that made good kindling. The gnawing worry he wasn't good enough. That he was letting everyone down. That he was leading Nikita on some fool's errand coming all the way up to this frigid hellhole for some minor shot at glory. That he wasn't as smart or talented as the rest of the team. All that anxiety just went into anger, because it was easier to just be angry than to deal with your emotions like a responsible adult. Speaking of Nikita.

    His eyes flicked to the green wall that slid up to protect the Boyscout. He'd done him a solid, stopping that very large fist from smearing him across the concrete...but there was more for him to be angry about. Ever since the team had been picked, Nikita had gotten in with the rest. Well. Most of the rest. Super and he certainly weren't getting on well and that made him angry too. If all those little anxieties fed into the roaring fury within, the dread of losing his only real friend to these...these people...it was like gasoline.

    "Hey!" he snapped as he also snapped back to the fight ongoing. "Hey you! Tough guy!" All that rage bubbling up in him, he could feel it. He didn't have the best control of The King's Will but that never stopped him before. The ground trembled, dust swirled about him and then like a bubble popping the air grew heavy as he exerted his fury and will about himself like a club. "You forgot to put your toys away." he bellowed, focusing all of it onto The Jackal, to crush him, to wring all that fear within him until he was nothing. If others around him felt the pressure...that wouldn't be a first either. He liked being messy.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +1
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +0

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    "Duly noted, Dynast out."

    Akemi cancels the comm-link and shifts her attention back to the ongoing fight below. After a few moments consideration she hits a few keys on her mech's control pad, the wing-cases flaring open with a soft hiss as nearly imperceptible plates slid back along the surface of the casings. The words 'flares ready to fire' pop up on one of her heads up screens. With a nod, she hits another button. The panel focused on her shows her sliding out, leaving just the empty cockpit behind. A wideshot shows her exiting her beetle-like mech, adjusting her top as she walks across the roof away from the dramatically posed suit. From the high angle, the skirmish between her team and Jackal occupying a very busy corner of the panel.

    Nearing the edge of the building on the opposite corner to her mech, Akemi drops into a crouch, resting one hand just ahead of herself to stay stable. She frowns as she looks down for a moment. Something about all of this still felt strange. Reaching up to her ear, she tapped a button on her comm-link. As she speaks, her voice echoes from and is amplified from her stationary mech. "Jackal! Give yourself up! You're surrounded and outgunned, be realistic! How do you think this will end?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Akemi's gonna try and pierce the mask, hopefully appealing to reason here .

    Pierce - (2D6)[7]

    Edit - She'll want to know 'How can I get your character to surrender without further fighting?'
    Last edited by Comissar; 2019-10-25 at 06:55 AM.



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2019

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Spartan
    Conditions: none
    Potential: 1/5


    Jayden knew this Jackal guys was going to be a tough customer, but he's caught off guard by just how tough he is, when his kick has basically no effect. A flare of panic surges through Jayden as he sees Jackal's fist sailing towards him, only to be replaced by a wave of relief as a jade shield materialises in front of him and takes the blow for him. "Thanks Astral!" Spartan calls out across the battlefield, as he made a mental note that he owed Nikita for saving him there.

    He's about to reach for the cool new shield, when Jackal grabs it for himself and hurles it towards Superconductor. Fortunately the girls natural defences stopped it before it could do any real damage.

    Not willing to give up on the shiny new toy Astral had given him, Jayden runs over and scoops up the shield, before firing back into the fray. With his boosters firing, he goes low and charges directly at Jackal, swing the shield up the moment he's under the big man's guard, and aiming for the chin. While he lacked Ezra's skill and experience in fighting, Jayden's particular upbringing had taught him some biology facts; like how a hard hit to the chin can causes the lower jaw to slaw into the skull, and as the force and momentum of the hit passes from the jaw to the rest of the head, the brain can get pushed against the skull briefly, and this in turn can leave someone stunned, or in some cases unconscious.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spending my last hold to stun Jackal as per the 'Before We Get Started' Soldier move.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: ANGER.
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    "Nik--KITA!!" Szuper screams at the boy, her eye twitching while the distinctly ensorcelled shield grinds into the "wings" in front of her face for a second, before bouncing off of her and into the street. "Stop arming the Bad Guy, you... you... Nitwit!"

    She almost gasps as SPARTAN trucks across the battlefield like a tank given a linebacker's legs in front of her in order to throw the shield back at Jackal. Nikita's shield. Doesn't ask if she's okay. Her eye twitches again. We get a camera close-up on her distinctly unhead-phoned ear as she "overhears" Ezra. I- dog-piling on his kill? There's only one enemy, you ***hat! And she wasn't even invited to be here, unlike everyone else. Did the producers really think so little of her? And so highly of Nikita and Ezra? A pit develops in her Chinese food and alcohol-filled gut as her glassy blue fists clench, the spark of electric on them and her eyes as she steps forward up to the stunned Jackal. Extreme close up on her face, an eerily tranquil fury.

    TRACE. She points out a blueish finger gun, leveraging her index finger up against the Jackal's blemished forehead.

    "'Kay... now you've done it, Jackal... Making me feel bad? Making me use my powers for something other than putting you into a temporary coma!? Bad mother-****ing move. Because now I'm gonna totally -- like -- tear you apart electron by electron, until I find what I'm looking for." A spark crosses between the two, as she sends a flash of fear into him to trigger the familiar synaptic response of the Silhouetted Man. As it catches, she starts rapidly burning through the network of arrays in his mind to try and trace the location of the mystery man back to his source. It wasn't entirely different from how she got to the battle -- but far, far more brutal; tracing into his memory far enough to pick up the enough of the residual EM fields of the electronics in the location Jackal to create a ping out of it for her to pursue. To get to him before everyone else, to mark her territory.

    "Good luck with 'your' kill, boys. You can handle the paperwork. I've got a big bad guy to curbstomp out until he's teethless." She snorts and laughs, waving dismissively before sparks start to catch at her feet -- getting ready to fly.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Rolling at +2 to extend Szuper's sense (Freak +1 & Thick and thin-skinned for an additional +1) in order to track the original location of the mystery villain and Jackal's meeting, with the hopes that she'll be able to track him down.

    Got a 7! The true power of Anger; it turns all your failures into successes. Gonna choose to make it temporary/unstable.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Specialist's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Surface of the Sun

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Astral Black, The Nova
    Conditions: Insecure, Afraid, Guilty
    Potential: 0/5
    Burn: 1/2

    "N.. No problem!" Naya chirps when Jayden calls out a thanks, still sounding pleasantly surprised with himself.

    Nikita blinks in far less pleasant shock when the Jackal rips the shield out of the ground and flings it away. Aww. That sentiment is short lived, transforming into a flash of guilty terror as he realizes it’s headed straight for Szuper! He may be annoyed with her, that doesn’t mean he wants to see her to get creamed, and by his own creation! He only wants to see that in his head! Not reality! Thankfully, it doesn’t come to pass.

    Szuper’s scream though does cause him to flinch and grimace like a jumpy little dog.

    “I... it wasn’t meant for him!!” He shouts back, doing his best not to immediately apologize. Not to her! It wasn’t his fault! Was it? He hadn’t even considered that the Jackal could use the creation as a weapon when he’d summoned it. Sorry!! Ugh. He can’t quite hold the apology back, even if it’s for Szuper.

    Thankfully, Spartan recovers the shield for himself and puts it to work against the massive brute. Nikita lifts his hands, giving his own face a series of little slaps to get his head back on track, as much as he can. How else can he make himself useful? And hopefully not injure anyone in the process?

    The other two boy seem to be laying on the hurt pretty well, so maybe he can make it easier for them. Nikita’s eyes begin to glow with emerald light once more, the same energy flickering and crackling around his fingertips. Green liquid begins to seep and bubble out of the ground beneath and behind the Jackal, rapidly taking shape into more solid tendrils of magic that crack through the asphalt. The further they build and extend from the ground, the more refined they become, forming the shape of chains as they lash out and coil hastily around the Jackal’s limbs to try and keep him pinned down, or at least unable to utilize his full speed and mobility.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled 12 to Unleash Nikita's powers to keep the Jackal tied up.
    Last edited by The_Specialist; 2019-11-05 at 01:06 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:55pm MDT
    Downtown!

    TEAM: 2

    A half-page panel shows the extent of the battlefield, with combatants in close, medium, and long range with their brutish opponent. A dramatic tableau, a group of small individuals acting in concert to defeat a more powerful, savage force.

    Well. Mostly in concert.

    The pace of the next few panels begins to accelerate, things happening almost at once.

    ”Hah! I ain’t never gonna stop until the other guy comes out, and I’m not letting that happen any time soon! the Jackal crows at Dynast, who looks somehow fragile outside her mech.

    He might have more to say on the subject, but that’s when Spartan whirls in and slams a heavy slab of solid stone into the underside of the Jackal’s jaw, clearly rattling his cage for a moment and giving Šuper the opening to step in and invade the man’s mind in earnest.

    *flash*

    The trail runs south and west, not far in truth, to a building on 19th Ave.

    *flash*

    An old home, converted to a business as many are in this desirable area of urban real estate. A sign out front, glimpsed briefly; R.L. Stevenson, MD

    *flash*

    Šuper is barely aware of tarry black chains ripping themselves out of the asphalt around her to bind the Jackal into place, as she delves further; through the front door, down the hall to an office, and finally to a black mirror—

    No, not a black mirror, but a powered-down computer monitor.

    A growing sense of unease that originates from Ezra abruptly swells into full fury as he unleashes The King’s Will. Everyone in the immediate area feels thrills of fear of varying intensities as they catch the edges of the assault, but the full, horrifying, nigh-paralyzing effect is reserved for the Jackal.

    And the mind playing piggy-back on his at that moment too, of course, the fear coming sizzling back up the somewhat unstable mental linkage Šuper has forged with the villain.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Jackal is stunned, restrained, and mostly paralyzed with fear. Everyone else is feeling nervous and/or uneasy as the catch the edges of Ezra’s psychic assault – except for Šuper, who marks Afraid.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Hans Free's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    No thanks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Šuperconductor
    Conditions: Angry (-2 to Comfort, Pierce), Afraid (-2 to directly engage)
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +2
    • Savior: -1
    • Superior: +1
    • Mundane: 0
    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X]Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.
    • [X]There when it matters: When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.
    • [X]The Bull's Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your Love Ezra or frustrates your Rival Nikita.
    • [X]Enabler: When you provoke your love or rival, roll + Danger if you are trying to provoke them to rash or poorly thought out action.

    We enter on what looks like white marble reflected in a black mirror. But it's the reflection of Šuperconductor's face as it comes into FOCUS. We flip the camera, as disoriented as the Jackal, to see Šuper; her eyes wide and frozen in a mix of terror and ecstasy as she peels the skin from her eyelids down, digging her fingernails through her face. But when the camera spins back around her she is completely normal.

    She had felt the King's Will before, but the intensity of her fear was turned up like a dial, all the way up to eleven this time; multiplied as it was by her mental link with the Jackal and her divided existence. Was it because she was inside the Jackal's mind? Or... was it... was it because she was the Jackal? No, she shook her head. Absolutely not. She had always suspected that she and Ezra weren't unlike oil and water with their powers. Or oil and fire? She wasn't really quite sure what the saying was, but it sure seemed to apply here.

    And suddenly the obvious fear crosses her mind as the construct of the Jackal's mind rumbles and starts to fall apart around her. What if she can't get out of the Jackal's mind now? Because if Šuperconductor doesn't get going, there's all but a certainty that she will get herself stuck and--

    "I-- What the hey? Is that... Are you.... talking about me?" A dialogue balloon shoots out of a panel as it floats by; Šuper upside down in it, her brow furrowed. A refraction of a damaged mind. She looks up to see the very wall of text you've just read floating above her head. She glares up at it and puts her arms together.

    "Screw you! You don't define me! I'm gonna... I'm gonna tear him apart from the inside out until I bust my way out of here if I have to. So don't you dare look down on me, don't any of you!! I'm not a prisoner. I'm a weapon. Okay? Okay!?" And a jet of blue light erupts around the super-heroine, her psychic wings unfurling and unwrap themselves completely, revealing a massively oversized pair of angelic imitations as glassy-electric blue as her hands. And suddenly the world of shadows and memories is small and smaller until it can fit into Šuper's hands, contained by her until she it's as small as a pill. Her pink eyes look seriously sinister as she pops the whole of the Jackal's mental world, crushed under her hands, into her mouth and swallows.

    "Maybe I'll show you some of my memories down in there as I shred through your Broca's. That's the language center of your brain, if you didn't know..." The panel fractures into a million pieces as another Szuper comes down from the ceiling with no mouth, her eyes screaming in terror for her. "Promise you'll love every broken little bit of my mind just as much much as I do!" She licks her lips and laughs, subconsciously imitating her torturer.

    ~~

    In the corporeal world, Šuper still stands above the Jackal, her face twisted into barely contained disgust, rage and fear. At him. At herself. She turns her back to him; cocks her clear thumb back like the hammer of a gun. Pulls the trigger. Rays of blue electric pour out of the back of his head like an arc of a spray of lightning.

    "Shut up until I command you to speak." She pauses for a minute to observe her handiwork, a look of pity in her eyes. No. She shakes it off. "Now spill the ******* beans, kay? Thanks, goodbye." She turns her back; shifts like she's going to leave but hesitates, leaving an un-headphoned ear his way, still wanting to hear what he might reveal.

    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Rolling at 0 to directly engage the Jackal in the mind link. Mind fight!

    Got a 10! Gonna choose to take something from him (his control over his ability to speak/keep secrets) and Resist or Avoid his Blows.
    Last edited by Hans Free; 2019-11-08 at 04:04 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Ezra, The Delinquent
    Conditions: Angry,
    Potential: /5

    "So. Much. Talking." Ein used his hand to mimic someone's mouth moving in Super's general direction, throwing a challenging look her way even as the air settled around him. If there was anyone to blame for his especially eager streak of competition today it had to be her right? Not the nagging worry over Nikita and Spartan doing whatever it was they were planning. Not the ever present dread that he would in short order lose his only friend if he showed any small sign of weakness.

    "I'm bored with him anyway." he huffed, throwing his arms into the air. "Whose left to fight? Are we done here?" He turns to the cameras, motioning about them. "Well? He's not going anywhere, everyone's safe. Can we go?"

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:57pm MDT
    Downtown!

    TEAM: 2

    One of the camera drones obligingly gives Ezra a speaking platform, hovering in front of the angry teen as he expresses his disgust at the situation.

    Whether or not the situation is, in fact, under control and everyone safe is a matter that can be debated—for a few moments longer.

    The Jackal’s psyche seems to...crumble under Šuper’s touch, and his physical form follows suit as he seems to collapse in upon himself, leaving a large tarry cage surrounding a now much smaller man, balding and very pale, dressed in torn and stretched-out pants.

    “Oh no please, he’s gone, please don’t hurt me, please please he’s gone now!” the man babbles, scurrying back on his backside until his back fetches up against the side of the impromptu asphalt cage.

    ...okay, so that can probably be conclusively called under control.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We’ll call that definitively defeated.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Dynast
    Conditions:
    Potential: 0/5

    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: +1
    • Freak: +1
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +0

    Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Been reading the files

    You've learned about the superhero world through your mentor's resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you've learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge, the GM will tell you why.

    Fireside chat

    When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the label they embody. On a hit, they will tell you what to do. On a 10+ mark potential if you follow their advice, and take a +1 forward on going to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down; Mark a condition, GM's choice.

    Be mindful of your surroundings

    When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.


    Dynast recoils slightly in the face of the psychic backlash from Ezra's assault on the Jackal, her chance to try and decipher the meaning of his words snatched from her as she tries to recover her mental footing. Her wits return to her in time to see Šuper moving in to deliver the final blow, and her eyes narrow at the resultant withering of the Jackal's form. As his form reduces, she rises to her feet and hops off the edge of the building she was perched on. A series of vertical panels show her jumping, then her belt flaring a bright blue, and her descent slowing to allow her to gently touch to the ground. Once on solid pavement, she jogs over to the man that once was the Jackal.

    "Ok..." She raises a hand placatingly as she draws closer, glancing briefly to Ezra and Spartan as she does, "Ok, ok, ok... You can calm down, we're not gonna keep attacking you if you've surrendered." She comes to a stop a couple of meters from the man, dropping into a crouch in front of him, "You're ok, I promise. My name's Akemi, what's your name..?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Akemi will be attempting a Comfort/Support to try and get the guy to calm down enough that we can talk to him properly.

    Comfort/Support - (2D6)[8]



    GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

    Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show


    Leah and Saura, and Summer Rose by me

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Stampede City: A M:ANG Game

    Stampede City
    July 11th, 2019, 6:58pm MDT
    Downtown!

    TEAM: 2

    The much-reduced Jackal responds to Akemi’s soothing words, visibly coming down from his panicked reactions.

    ”R-rob. Uh, Doctor Rob Stevenson,” he stammers, huddling in on himself a little now that he’s coming down from his panicked reactions. A small inset panel flashes back to Šuper’s memory trace, with the sign bearing that very name. ”I’m, well....” he gestures vaguely. ”I normally can keep it under control, but I was in my office, and I got an email with a link attached to it, and then...and then....” He trails off, shaking his head and shivering slightly.

    The camera drones buzz around the scene, catching different angles of the now-gathered team and their defeated opponent.

    Worth must be thrilled.

    Civilians begin to emerge from a few of the nearby buildings that hadn’t managed to be entirely evacuated by the time things had been brought to an end, and their reactions seem...odd. Grateful for the situation being contained, yes; but from the looks being directed the team’s way, a lot of them seem to be uneasy about something. Or someone.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The Doctor opens up to your Comfort & Support, and clears Afraid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •