New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default (But also board) I just bough Gloomhaven Digital, really excited.

In fact it's my first Early Access game ever on Steam, but since they are basically making a 1:1 copy of the board game with excellent graphics I think it's worth it.

To be totally honest I never played the boardgame but really wanted to. This is perfect for someone like me that want to try it out; $25 is definitely worth it.
    So far I have only played 30 minutes, but I fully intend spending all of sunday with it.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (But also board) I just bough Gloomhaven Digital, really excited.

This is one game where I have to say I prefer the board vastly over the digital. Mostly because I can house rule away the things I hate about the board. Namely all the mechanics that pit players against the group's welfare.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Not paying 120 dollars on a lark, tho.
    25? Yes. Also the price will go up, of course, when officially released next year. (Also I have lost my gaming group since two thirds of it moved to Germany two years ago..)

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Gloomhaven is possibly my favorite board game ever. And the digital version looks a lot better than I expected when I first heard about it. But I'm still probably not playing though. Getting people around a table is half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Namely all the mechanics that pit players against the group's welfare.
    That's really group-dependent. We've never had someone prioritize himself over the group, and our fights over coin and treasure have been of the "You take it - No, you take it" variant.

Though the one thing we've house ruled has been the interaction between Advantage and Rolling Modifiers. The way it works normally is stupid.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Gloomhaven is possibly my favorite board game ever. And the digital version looks a lot better than I expected when I first heard about it. But I'm still probably not playing though. Getting people around a table is half the fun.

That's really group-dependent. We've never had someone prioritize himself over the group, and our fights over coin and treasure have been of the "You take it - No, you take it" variant.

Though the one thing we've house ruled has been the interaction between Advantage and Rolling Modifiers. The way it works normally is stupid.
    I played it for about two hours today. Three times it crashed (well it determined it had made an error and threw me back to the main menu, telling me it was doing it) because it couldn't calculate an enemy attack correctly.
    When I leveled up I could not change my deck. I reported it and then played Fallout 4 for the rest of the day. Will continue tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess it's in early access for a reason.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I guess it's in early access for a reason.
    Oh yes, and I am aware of that. But it is also 25 dollars instead of 60, and it is not a project that can really be derailed, so it's a sound investment.