The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Nulli Dei. Nulli Domini. (PF1e, high level)

My current likely idea is a barbarian, but it doesn't really grab me. Would an Elder Mythos Cultist Cleric archetype work for this game? I could see Cthulhu and friends sending a spy to see what this world is like without gods who would otherwise stand in their way.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    My current likely idea is a barbarian, but it doesn't really grab me. Would an Elder Mythos Cultist Cleric archetype work for this game? I could see Cthulhu and friends sending a spy to see what this world is like without gods who would otherwise stand in their way.
    Sure, go right ahead.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Would we be able to use Faction feats? I'm looking at the possibility of Master Performer verbose performer and Grand Master Performer.

I'm also trying to figure out a bit on versatile performance. Say for example I've got Perform Singing, which gives me Sense Motive, Bluff and I pick up the Rod of Beguiling. Would the Rod give me the ability to add the +5 to the check? If not would Basic Harmony work then?

Trying to figure how to improve my super villainy even more. If I take a swig of some drink, I can improve my Monologue dc to 39 and affect up to 12 targets now, otherwise its 38 dc 11 targets.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Would we be able to use Faction feats? I'm looking at the possibility of Master Performer verbose performer and Grand Master Performer.

I'm also trying to figure out a bit on versatile performance. Say for example I've got Perform Singing, which gives me Sense Motive, Bluff and I pick up the Rod of Beguiling. Would the Rod give me the ability to add the +5 to the check? If not would Basic Harmony work then?

Trying to figure how to improve my super villainy even more. If I take a swig of some drink, I can improve my Monologue dc to 39 and affect up to 12 targets now, otherwise its 38 dc 11 targets.
    It would be improved by effects that add to perform, not those that add to the base skill, I believe.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by steinulfr View Post
    1. Feat taxes are unchanged.
    2. If you have a good concept.
    3. Abilities refresh after the rest. If you use an ability during the rest, it does not refresh, same as spells.
    4. Combat stamina is, words of power is not.
    5. Sure.
    Just asking to make sure because I am unsure. For 5, does that also applies to third party classes requests that I linked to my post?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2019-08-10 at 10:45 AM.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

It would be improved by effects that add to perform, not those that add to the base skill, I believe.
    Cool, so the teamwork feat would work then. Just got to figure out how to get the teamwork feat working.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Eppatiki Phakade (aka. Epp) - Samsaran Psychic

Unfinished, but there's a flavour of the character mechanically and fluffy in there as a starter. Comments and questions welcome.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Cool, so the teamwork feat would work then. Just got to figure out how to get the teamwork feat working.
    With teamwork! Which is to say, let's not all build our characters in complete isolation, or else leave some parts vague for deciding on once we actually get this party together. We're supposed to have what, a decade of adventuring side by side? Two decades? It would be weird if none of us had ever depended on each other.

And I was already taking Percussion as part of an extended shaman gig. I could easily take a teamwork feat on it and just have interaction with summoned angels or something as a personal use.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm looking at a bomber alchemist. Idea will be massive amounts of damage and some buffs via extracts. She'll be a bit of a glass cannon though and have a very big bullseye on her chest.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

I would be interested in applying an archer skald for that game, probably combining the red tounge skald with the totemic skald archetypes.

This character gives himself massive bonuses to strength, and then channels all of them into dexterity for a big boost for accuracy.

Still need to work on the details. but I will post a character sheet pretty soon.
    Background will follow

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmmm, interesting Concept (although I dont quite get why someone starting a game at Level 20 is opposed to PoW, it seems more than average of DM`s are ^^).

I think I have a concept Idea though.

Would an Avowed be allowed?
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

12. - Top - End - #42

Planetar

My planned background is someone who is/was connected to the wild hunt

Question for the GM - If I use redistributed might in order to chagne the strength bonus from my raging song into a dexterity bonus, would that also make the skald's vigor line of feats useless? (since the feats specify strength bonus)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Just asking to make sure because I am unsure. For 5, does that also applies to third party classes requests that I linked to my post?
    No. I'm not going to review 3pp things that you're proposing as "possible fallbacks." I'm only checking things that people actually request, for simplicity on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulchritude View Post
    With teamwork! Which is to say, let's not all build our characters in complete isolation, or else leave some parts vague for deciding on once we actually get this party together. We're supposed to have what, a decade of adventuring side by side? Two decades? It would be weird if none of us had ever depended on each other.

And I was already taking Percussion as part of an extended shaman gig. I could easily take a teamwork feat on it and just have interaction with summoned angels or something as a personal use.
    About a decade if you all started at the beginning of the campaign against the qlippoth.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Hmmmm, interesting Concept (although I dont quite get why someone starting a game at Level 20 is opposed to PoW, it seems more than average of DM`s are ^^).

I think I have a concept Idea though.

Would an Avowed be allowed?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    My planned background is someone who is/was connected to the wild hunt

Question for the GM - If I use redistributed might in order to chagne the strength bonus from my raging song into a dexterity bonus, would that also make the skald's vigor line of feats useless? (since the feats specify strength bonus)
    Skald's vigor says it works by the bonus your song grants, not the bonus you receive. It still functions.

14. - Top - End - #44

Planetar

GM - ok, awesome, thanks.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulchritude View Post

I have a selection of Teamwork feats, and can share 3 with team each day. Any suggestions would be welcome, I've jotted down some on the WIP sheet but I'm not really wedded to any of them.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

16. - Top - End - #46

RedWizardGuy

This sounds like a pretty cool concept. Are the dreamscarred press psionics allowed?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

It sounds like we'll have at least a few archers so any teamwork feats that would help them would be appreciated.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Going to discard the shooting star idea. While I like to create a story around it, too feat intensive. Going with classic legolas; archery and bow-slapping.
    "Everything in creation is flawed. Humans don't need to be mentioned. Air, intent, and even time. My eyes can see the death of things. They're special, like yours. So I can kill anything that lives. Even if that thing is God."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Modigar View Post
    This sounds like a pretty cool concept. Are the dreamscarred press psionics allowed?
    Afraid not.

20. - Top - End - #50

RedWizardGuy

Afraid not.
    Alas. In that case I'll probably build a psychic, sorcerer, or possibly a magus. Leaning towards the former two atm.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I have a selection of Teamwork feats, and can share 3 with team each day. Any suggestions would be welcome, I've jotted down some on the WIP sheet but I'm not really wedded to any of them.
    Well, I think everyone's going to have a different answer for this. But in my case, anything that makes disposable allies more useful is going to be a winner. I'll be free to buff the crap out of them, so if you're able to make them better at defending teammates using those buffed stats, it's a multiplier of effort. Improved defenses, team-up combat maneuvers, interposing themselves when a PC is attacked, things like that. At this level, their offense isn't going to be especially whelming, but eating up enemy action economy is more important than ever.

But yeah, this kind of choice is exactly what I suggest is better made after the party is settled on.
    Last edited by Sepulchritude; 2019-08-10 at 08:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Well, sans leadership, I think the easiest way for me to do the teamwork feat alone would be to take Skill Focus: Knowledge and Eldritch Heritage: Arcane to pick up a valet familiar.

Or I could go down the route of picking VMC: Wizard. Specifically Divination to get +10 to Init, a familiar, foresight powers and the ability to make some magic items faster.

If I did VMC to get a familiar like that, Could I use the Alternate capstone

Arch-Familiar (Su)
    At 20th level, the character’s familiar is smarter and savvier than plenty of adventurers—and also more dangerous! The familiar’s Intelligence increases by 5, and it gains 12 spells levels’ worth of spell-like abilities (for example, three daily castings of greater invisibility), drawn from spells its master can cast and using its master’s caster levels, DCs, and so forth. This capstone is available to any class with a familiar.
    In place of deadly performance?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Well, sans leadership, I think the easiest way for me to do the teamwork feat alone would be to take Skill Focus: Knowledge and Eldritch Heritage: Arcane to pick up a valet familiar.

Or I could go down the route of picking VMC: Wizard. Specifically Divination to get +10 to Init, a familiar, foresight powers and the ability to make some magic items faster.

If I did VMC to get a familiar like that, Could I use the Alternate capstone

In place of deadly performance?
    Sure, it doesn't really matter how you got the familiar.

24. - Top - End - #54

Planetar

It seems there are a lot of people going into the buffer direction, so I think Ill use the skald build another time, and built now a vigilante skinwalker, with the prupose of recreating the "Warshaper" feel of the prc from dnd 3.5

The character just charge forward, with tons of natural attacks, and kill their enemies with a rain of claws and teeth.

More details to come.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Hmm. Sort of tentative interests as well, at least with a character concept in mind. Is it possible to create a character using a monster class, and if so, what alterations or variations would be done?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

How do you feel about a Spirit Guide Occult Oracle?

And to go with that, what's your take on the Lore Spirit's interaction with spirit guide, specifically the Arcane Enlightenment hex? I'm familiar with three basic interpretations:
    1) Doesn't work (an Oracle doesn't prepare spells, so you can't add the Sor/Wiz spells to the ones you can prepare)
    2) The oracle can prepare Sor/Wiz spells, but has to prepare them in oracle slots
    3) They're from an aspect of the chosen spirit, and so are considered part of the spirit magic spells for the day (full spontaneous)
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitely interested! I’ve got a few character ideas in the works.
    Chaotic Good, probably

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

One quick question: will permanent/persistent bonuses to Intelligence (such as from tomes and worn items) retroactively increase the number of skill points gained at earlier levels?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    How do you feel about a Spirit Guide Occult Oracle?

And to go with that, what's your take on the Lore Spirit's interaction with spirit guide, specifically the Arcane Enlightenment hex? I'm familiar with three basic interpretations:
    1) Doesn't work (an Oracle doesn't prepare spells, so you can't add the Sor/Wiz spells to the ones you can prepare)
    2) The oracle can prepare Sor/Wiz spells, but has to prepare them in oracle slots
    3) They're from an aspect of the chosen spirit, and so are considered part of the spirit magic spells for the day (full spontaneous)
    I'm going to say it doesn't work, since being able to prepare those spells doesn't do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    One quick question: will permanent/persistent bonuses to Intelligence (such as from tomes and worn items) retroactively increase the number of skill points gained at earlier levels?
    Yes. Almost everything is retroactive. However, do note that the items give set skills - you can't take them off and put them back on to move skill points. This is in the item descriptions.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. Almost everything is retroactive. However, do note that the items give set skills - you can't take them off and put them back on to move skill points. This is in the item descriptions.
    Right. Completely forgot that PF went to the effort of explicitly clarifying that. Thanks for the reminder!