The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: (OOC) Secrets of the Lake of 1,000 Waters

He'd probably hear yeah. As for knowing which inn she's talking about, that's another question entirely...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Curious if you verbally communicate with your familiar about where you are headed, as I so rarely play full casters, I do not know if and when you gain telepathic communication with it.

Also, @Bobbyjackcorn, since my Invisibility flickers me in and out, if I made a stealth check while I am using this form of Invisibility to hide the brief moments I become visible, would there be any circumstance bonus to said stealth check? I believe that regular Invisibility grants +40 to stealth, but given my flickering, would +20 be acceptable?
    +20 works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Imladir View Post
    He'd probably hear yeah. As for knowing which inn she's talking about, that's another question entirely...
    Exactly. You'd have to follow it if not her.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

I take it my Augury was rendered moot by her getting to the inn before I could act upon any intelligence I could have acquired. Sadly, it is only once per day I can use it (weird that the Fate Inquisition has this limitation, especially when the Fate (Luck) subdomain has a powerful ability that can be used multiple times). I figured my enhances speed would give me a little better odds at arriving before she did and having at least a minute to myself.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-22 at 03:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

Goblin

The Augury was moot because it was under the supposition that you heard something that you didn't, so I'll allow you to reconsider what you'd like to ask, considering the circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

The problem is not to get there faster than Elyna, but to know where to go. There are two things at least that will help: first, she was heading to her Inn before she vanished, which narrows it down quite a bit. Second, there aren't many Samsaran teen girls around, and she's not exactly discreet in the first place.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to find her before she wakes up I think.

As for the goat demons, I was under the impression that the guards dealt with them?

6. - Top - End - #96

Goblin

The problem is not to get there faster than Elyna, but to know where to go. There are two things at least that will help: first, she was heading to her Inn before she vanished, which narrows it down quite a bit. Second, there aren't many Samsaran teen girls around, and she's not exactly discreet in the first place.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to find her before she wakes up I think.

As for the goat demons, I was under the impression that the guards dealt with them?
    The guards found one that you saw, although mayhaps the other one has survived? Not to mention, others might be in the area that didn't reveal themselves.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

More creeps!?

Damn, Elyna will be scared to take a bath now...

8. - Top - End - #98

Goblin

More creeps!?

Damn, Elyna will be scared to take a bath now...
    Haha, at least the goatmen don't seem to be able to turn invisible!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Considering that they're mere lackeys, it's probably not as reassuring as it could be, but that's something I suppose...

Elyna will quite happy to unlock teleportation among other things...
    Last edited by Imladir; 2019-08-23 at 10:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Devil

Reminded of an amusing rule I used to use called the Luck roll (my first GM used it). Basically, it happens when a player rolls a natural 2 (though you can change it to a different number if you wish). When that happens, the player rolls to confirm, like a crit. If he does, it is simultaneously a critical hit and a critical miss (fumble). It's like cutting the leg off a dragon, but having it fall on you (or your weapon breaks or it gets stuck in said leg). Not sure if you'd be interested in it or not, but I figured it might find a place here, given its nature.

Edit- Well, my rolls were terrible. Not sure how wounded the goatman is. Was considering tying him up and branding him over and over (as it only does 1 pt of damage), but my CMB roll I fear fell short.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-23 at 02:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Poor guy / gal in the Wretched Mothman Inn...

12. - Top - End - #102

Goblin

Not that I have to worry about it anyway, but I noticed that if you are invisible and under the effect of Mind Blank, See Invisibility does not work on you (it is actually explicitly listed in the spell description).
    Yes!

Also, Imladir I should have noted, I thought I was more clear, the bow is a ribbon tied in a bow, not the kind you make arrows go real fast with, lol

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Oh!

Oops... I'll edit my answer then (though with deleted rolls, I suppose stuff is going to blow up...)

Edit: Oh, it's not as bad as I thought, just a red warning. I guess I'll survive.
    Last edited by Imladir; 2019-08-24 at 10:02 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Goblin

Poor guy / gal in the Wretched Mothman Inn...
    Spoiler: For Imladir's Eyes only
    Show
    As it turns out, it's also only a few blocks down from your inn, but also contains a samsaran patron. What ill Fate for them.

15. - Top - End - #105

Devil

Oh!

Oops... I'll edit my answer then (though with deleted rolls, I suppose stuff is going to blow up...)

Edit: Oh, it's not as bad as I thought, just a red warning. I guess I'll survive.
    You can get rid of the warning by simply putting the rolls in separate as a spoiler (such as bracketed roll0, roll1, roll2, etc. It is simply calling to an array, you don't need closing tags, just [rollX] for each roll you made)
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-25 at 12:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I know. I was mostly curious to see what would happen, but I'll hide it, it'll look a bit better.

17. - Top - End - #107

Devil

Curious, if and when I get enough gold, would you allow a pseudo-custom Weapon Enhancement. Can't remember the source (part of me thinks it is 5e, it I haven't look at those rules for years), but it is called Sharpness. It's a +3 enhancement. It sort of works like Vorpal, but instead you roll a d10 on a crit and it cuts off a body part based on the roll (I think it is 1-2 left leg, 3-4 right leg, 5-6 left arm, 7-8 right arm, and 9-10 is head).

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

In 5e, there's the Sword of Sharpness. Were you thinking about that?

19. - Top - End - #109

Devil

In 5e, there's the Sword of Sharpness. Were you thinking about that?
    Possibly, though I feel like I saw it somewhere else too

20. - Top - End - #110

Goblin

Curious, if and when I get enough gold, would you allow a pseudo-custom Weapon Enhancement. Can't remember the source (part of me thinks it is 5e, it I haven't look at those rules for years), but it is called Sharpness. It's a +3 enhancement. It sort of works like Vorpal, but instead you roll a d10 on a crit and it cuts off a body part based on the roll (I think it is 1-2 left leg, 3-4 right leg, 5-6 left arm, 7-8 right arm, and 9-10 is head).
    Sounds like that might get tough to incorporate into bigger fights with tough monsters, but maybe on smaller monsters. There'd have to be some rules for hit die limitations, I'd think.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Apparently it comes from AD&D 2nd edition (and maybe earlier):

Sword of Sharpness: This weapon is treated as +3 or better for purposes of who or what can be hit by it, even though it gets only a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls. Its power is great, however,for on a very high attack roll, it will sever an extremity—arm, leg, neck, tail, tentacle, whatever (but not head) determined by random dice roll:

Opponent is Modified Score to Sever*
    Normal/armored 19–21
    Larger than man-sized 20–21
    Solid metal or stone 21

* Considering only the sword’s bonus of +1

A sword of sharpness will respond to its wielder’s desire with respect to the light it sheds—none, a 5-foot circle of dim illumination, a 15-foot light, or a 30-foot radius glow equal to a light spell.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Impressive how you manage to have **** rolls for the normal attack, and awesome ones to confirm a possible crit

23. - Top - End - #113

Devil

Impressive how you manage to have **** rolls for the normal attack, and awesome ones to confirm a possible crit
    To be fair, I did crit that first Incubus we had to deal with, so I have at least one to my name. It was also fairly close to max damage too if I recall. There's another possible mythic ability choice for my character: Maximized Critical, but given the low crit rate, it seems a waste.

I pondered the notion of having you build me a back-up Scythe, but unless it is taken from me and it or I are placed in an antimagic field, by next tier I can call it across even planar boundaries.

I actually feel like a magic bow would be more useful, one that can handle my full strength score.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-28 at 07:03 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just let me know. System-wise it's fairly easy, but Elyna might be a bit peculiar. Simple iron is no fun for example ^^

25. - Top - End - #115

Devil

Well, I rolled really well this time at least. Only 3 away from a crit. If the first goatman died from 22 damage, I would hope 23 is enough to down another.

26. - Top - End - #116

Devil

Sorry about the double post, but am curious if I should just continue attacking them or if the goatmen still need to act yet. I mean, I would assume they would probably just try to strike the air where I was standing and chalk up their misses as a result of my defensive capability or something like that. Should I post my next series of actions or wait for them?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I think you can post, as I suppose more would have been added.

Plus, the faster this is handled, the faster I can get back in action :o
    Last edited by Imladir; 2019-08-27 at 06:53 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Goblin

Sorry about the double post, but am curious if I should just continue attacking them or if the goatmen still need to act yet. I mean, I would assume they would probably just try to strike the air where I was standing and chalk up their misses as a result of my defensive capability or something like that. Should I post my next series of actions or wait for them?
    I think you can post, as I suppose more would have been added.

Plus, the faster this is handled, the faster I can get back in action :o

It's your go, I figured I'd give you some leighway to speed up the encounter, since I'd like to get to the next day so Imladir can post too. Sorry, shoulda just had them attack.

Also sorry in general for a slight lack in upkeep the past like two days, I've been running around a bit more than normal.
    Last edited by Bobbyjackcorn; 2019-08-27 at 07:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Oh... Here's the dreaded 1...

30. - Top - End - #120

Devil

Oh... Here's the dreaded 1...
    Yeah, though I feel like this whole thing can be sped up. My attack pattern is pretty much set. Just rummage through the Iterative rounds until they are all slain. Just rince and repeat for the time being.

Plus, true to my word, I will not kill the one I bound. It does not mean another person won't kill it, nor does it mean I will not present it to such people, however, branding him further if he seems to heal too much and possibly breaking his ankles, wrists, and fingers to prevent him from escaping the bindings if necessary.

Even if nobody claims him initially, I feel like I can feed him false information and set him free at some point to misinform his masters.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-27 at 11:21 AM.