The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: (OOC) Secrets of the Lake of 1,000 Waters

I certainly won't complain of the fight ends in the next couple of messages, I have a scroll to read and I'm eager to get to it

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Imladir View Post
    I certainly won't complain of the fight ends in the next couple of messages, I have a scroll to read and I'm eager to get to it
    I made a post that made several actions to speed it up, hopefully the GM doesn't mind. I just want to end the battle and search for your character.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    I made a post that made several actions to speed it up, hopefully the GM doesn't mind. I just want to end the battle and search for your character.
    That's fine, although I'd be careful, I think you're at about 13 hp left. A few lucky hits and you might go down. I'll make a response around 7 or 8 est

4. - Top - End - #124

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyjackcorn View Post
    That's fine, although I'd be careful, I think you're at about 13 hp left. A few lucky hits and you might go down. I'll make a response around 7 or 8 est
    I'm at about 36 HP by my last count, as I believe I've taken 16 damage so far, unless I missed something. Aside from my 3 levels in Inquisitor (11+8+8=27) there are the 5 tiers of mythixlc (5 x 5 = 25), so my max is 52

Edit - Whoops, you are correct, however, I have 25 currently (8 + 6 + 13 = 27 damage) though, so still higher than your assessment.

Edit- Also, did not realize there is a universal mythic ability called Commune with Power. Sadly, I have no abilities that would be able to swap out with it. I mean, absorb damage would have probably been my choice to drop and swirtch, but I used it already and it has been rather helpful. I also considered switching out Impossible Speed, but that too has decent value in it, despite not really taking advantage of it. I may have space in my future Mythic abilities, though the next is my last iteration of Legendary Item. Far Walker (or at least one iteration) might be good to swap out though.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-27 at 08:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

You forgot an 8 damage in the first round, so that should put you at 17.
    We'll note we're three and there are three different answers to the same simple question though :o

And I agree, we do not have enough path abilities

6. - Top - End - #126

Devil

You forgot an 8 damage in the first round, so that should put you at 17.
    We'll note we're three and there are three different answers to the same simple question though :o

And I agree, we do not have enough path abilities
    Huh, guessed I missed that one since I was hit twice for the same damage that round.

Edit - I think I'll ask Elyna to work towards Celestial Armor, when she gets the chance. Possibly before the Bow. Aside from being pound-for-pound the best armor in the game, it also grants Flight once per day, which will help me with flying adversaries much more easily than a Bow would (though will still need a bow at some point as well).
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-28 at 12:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sure. Elyna would just need a week to make it as long as you have the gold. It might make sense to make it step by step though. Start with a chainmail, enhance it, etc.

Maybe we could go something like this:
    - Chainmail, Mithral (Masterwork, treated as light): 4'150 [1'384] (gives +6 AC, +4 max dex, -3 ACP, 15% ASF. So a +1 to max AC compared to what you have right now and 5lbs lighter)
    - +1 Enhancement (becomes light, +6 Max Dex): 8'150 [3'384]
    - +2 Enhancement (+7 Max Dex, ACP -2): 14'150 [6'384]
    - +3 Enhancement (gains Fly, +8 Max Dex): 23'400 [11'009]

Note that the price could be reduced by 30% if the item is locked to your class or alignment, so 968.8 / 2'368.8 / 4'468.8 / 7'706.3.

8. - Top - End - #128

Devil

Wow, my phone seems to make a lot of typos. I apologize if it becomes grating, it is the only source I have for online access.

9. - Top - End - #129

Goblin

Just updated the IC! Sorry I couldnt get it last night, a friend wanted to celebrate their new job at the bar and by the time I got home I was to tired to write something I felt would be quality enough.
    As far as celestial armor goes, it brings to mind the image of a LG Axiomite Paladin, embodying every inch of his alignment.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I feel like I must say that it's not paranoia if they're really after you!

11. - Top - End - #131

Goblin

I feel like I must say that it's not paranoia if they're really after you!
    Having looked up the dictionary definition, I must concede you are right. I always thought of paranoia as equivalent to fear, lol.

12. - Top - End - #132

Devil

Just updated the IC! Sorry I couldnt get it last night, a friend wanted to celebrate their new job at the bar and by the time I got home I was to tired to write something I felt would be quality enough.
    As far as celestial armor goes, it brings to mind the image of a LG Axiomite Paladin, embodying every inch of his alignment.
    The page I sent you with my Axiomite race also has a custom Paladin Archetype as well (though I haven't playtested it, and it definitely needs some fine-tuning). It is LN though rather than LG. I actually plan to make Sidhe Noble races along similar guidelines and was going to make Knight of Summer/Winter archetypes for paladin that are CN, but keep forgetting to hop on it.

Having looked up the dictionary definition, I must concede you are right. I always thought of paranoia as equivalent to fear, lol.
    Reminds me of one of the counseling techniques they used on me (I am not paranoid, but still rather negative). They called it "pro"noia. Essentially the comparison they used was that paranoia is about irrationally concerning oneself with all the possible negative things that happen from a choice or event, and pronoia is about doing the same thing with only positive aspects instead. I think there is actually a book called Pronoia as well.

13. - Top - End - #133

Devil

Sure. Elyna would just need a week to make it as long as you have the gold. It might make sense to make it step by step though. Start with a chainmail, enhance it, etc.

Maybe we could go something like this:
    - Chainmail, Mithral (Masterwork, treated as light): 4'150 [1'384] (gives +6 AC, +4 max dex, -3 ACP, 15% ASF. So a +1 to max AC compared to what you have right now and 5lbs lighter)
    - +1 Enhancement (becomes light, +6 Max Dex): 8'150 [3'384]
    - +2 Enhancement (+7 Max Dex, ACP -2): 14'150 [6'384]
    - +3 Enhancement (gains Fly, +8 Max Dex): 23'400 [11'009]

Note that the price could be reduced by 30% if the item is locked to your class or alignment, so 968.8 / 2'368.8 / 4'468.8 / 7'706.3.
    I mean, I can craft the base armor for further price reduction (Craft [Armor] is one of my background skills and by the time I can craft it, I'll have a +4 racial bonus to it). The only downside is how ridiculously long it takes to craft mundane items (way more than magically enhancing them)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I can craft the base armor too. The base cost would be 4'150, divided by 3 that's 1'383.3333, which is what I indicated between the brackets.

Regarding time, that's the advantage I have compared to you: first, with my familiar I double the speed of crafting. Second, my roll should be much higher than yours (1d20+24 at the moment), and third, the crafting time only counts the base price, not the masterwork part of it (not sure how that extends to special materials, but considering that it's a Mythic Path Ability, I hope we can assume it's the same?).

So with a 150gp Chainmail, assuming an average roll of 11 I get 35. The DC for the Chainmail is 16 (35*16*2 = 560 * 2 = 1'120), that means I need a week and a day or two to make it. And if we go with the alternative rules that try to fix item crafting, it would take less than a day.

Would the alternative rules work for you Mr. GM?
    Last edited by Imladir; 2019-08-28 at 03:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Devil

I haven't found any authorities to hand my demon "knapsack" yet. Also, I'm pretty sure I am a mass murderer (premeditated as well and it was not self defense (though it could be argued as defending another)), but in all fairness, a quick response was needed. By the time the city watch would arrive, the demons would have already done their harm and left.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-28 at 05:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Don't worry, Elyna intends to talk about some of it at some point ^^

Though not the inn thing of course since she doesn't know about it.

17. - Top - End - #137

Devil

Hopefully my relatively high rolls for searching will help. I don't have a Display of [Attribute] power to use, sadly. My former character Ranna did, and geared as many skills towards Int conversion as possible. Of course, her combat abilities were minimal (Phantom Thieves lose Sneak Attack for skill bonuses and extra skill unlocks, the two Empiricist levels granted a bit more oomph though with at least a few formulae), as her focus was Mysteries and Secrets. Would have been fairly redundant personality-wise to Elyna though. The Hand presents a more interesting odd-couple vibe, though hunting Elyna down is a surprisingly challenging task.

Edit - The good news is I rolled a natural 20 on my Perception check, the bad news is that skill checks don't have critical successes or critical failures. All Elyna has to roll on her disguise check is 5 or higher to beat my check to locate her.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-29 at 12:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

While you probably won't find Elyna herself, you'll probably find her familiar, there's more than one reason why I didn't do anything to it :)

And at least, if it's difficult to find her, that means the Hand will respect her skills, that's not a bad thing!
    Last edited by Imladir; 2019-08-29 at 01:27 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Oh and nice call, Elyna will most probably choose the 915

20. - Top - End - #140

Devil

Every time I see/hear the word "rouge," it reminds me of the Simpsons. The male Samsaran's robes reminded me of this.

Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-29 at 10:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Every time I see/hear the word "rouge," it reminds me of the Simpsons. The male Samsaran's robes reminded me of this.

You know, it's funny, I even thought it might be a weird word choice at the time that I wrote it, lol.

22. - Top - End - #142

Devil

Well, my Diplomacy check caused the Captain's attitude towards me to drop. I assume it may be due to my holding a very large and sharp weapon as I speak with him. I could still offer to surrender it during the voyage. Worse comes to worst, I can call it directly to my hand.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-29 at 11:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

You can always use a surge to mitigate the problem.

24. - Top - End - #144

Goblin

It hardly matters now. The captain is a pretty lax fella, he might not be thrilled by the Hand, but he's mostly just grumpy he can't understand the Hand's "accent".
    Also just a reminder, Elyna is in disguise, so she doesn't look like a Samsaran right now.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

On the other hand, while she doesn't look like Elyna, it's not that difficult to know that's her. Between the hint of the other Samsaran, the augury, the Ioun Wyrd and her basket of crabs and slugs (she wasn't going to abandon her harvest after she went to that trouble!) there's plenty enough to draw that conclusion.

Though she could be the Tiefling I suppose, but between a change in color of her skin and hair, and the horns and stuff of the Tiefling...

26. - Top - End - #146

Goblin

and her basket of crabs and slugs (she wasn't going to abandon her harvest after she went to that trouble!)
    Lol, that's great!

27. - Top - End - #147

Devil

Killing as many demons as I have now reminded me of a mechanic I was trying to decide based on number of kills of a certain creature type and subtype. It would be tracked separately from XP, but be based on both CR and quantity as long as you deal the killing blow. I wanted to devise separate paths that grant different abilities for each stage you reach of that type. I mean, Rangers/Slayers have somewhat of a built in mechanic for that, though it does not require the kill total to pick the enemy they wish to target. The thought came to me from Berserk. Guts' sword slew so many demons, it slices into the Astral plane (though I suppose in D&D terms it would be the Ethereal plane). Of course, I have a bunch of stuff that I never really get around to making.

I planned to have multiple elite race types like my Axiomite. Though I currently have that one and Goliath (with 7 subraces), which was my answer to a much more powerful, but balanced half-giant. I had plans for Naga-kin (a more snakelike race than either the Vishkanya or the Nagaji, having the lower body of a snake rather than legs (though one breed can transform themselves into a humanoid form with legs)). I had actually initially designed each breed as an RP 13 race (comparable with tieflings, though the Elite Race rules grant more room to flesh them out).

Other races I had ideas for were Sidhe Nobles (not sure if I'd split them into 4 groups for each season or 2 for the solstices), which would have a custom Paladin Archetype called the Summer/Winter Knight, Forgeborn which would be a race of half-constructs with each core race having a variation based on golems, Nephilim that are different than the core Pathfinder version as they are the offspring of a half-celestial and half-fiend, and Revenant which would be half-undead (can't find my issue of Dragon magazine that had the half-undead race list, but they had versions based on Vamps, Ghouls, Zombies, and Ghosts). I also had a method of generating natural lycanthrope characters and even Paragon forms of the core races.

I think my main limitation is that I have to use my phone to write it all up. I'm sad I lost my Vanguard homebrew race (think of it like a cross between a Cavalier and a Scout from 3.5, only unmounted (though it gets an ability around level 10 that lets them treat themselves as having a mounted charge as long as they traverse a good enough distance (the have monk-like speed progression), allowing them to use Spirited Charge and get the full advantage of a Lance while on foot). I had a write up somewhere which I can't find, which is annoying.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

That's a lot of projects!

29. - Top - End - #149

Devil

That's a lot of projects!
    Builds up over time, some are started, just don't have the energy to maintain them.

The one I am having trouble with that takes the most time is that I wanted to create a full 20 level class in which you are a true full-blooded dragon (progressions would include natural attacks, size, strength, flight, environmental adaptations and spells. I actually wanted to separate the dragon colors and give them each a different Spellcasting list from the core). The race you would pick is a generalized Draconic build (Brute, Serpent, Quickling, etc). The whole thing has tons of moving parts, but I need to streamline it considerably while maintaining customization options.

When I was incarcerated, I made a fully playable d6 system using Legend of the 5 Rings (3rd edition, as it is the only version I am familiar with) using the Elder Scrolls as the setting (the variation on the standard "Elder Scroll Beginning" had them all be prisoners that are set loose, but on the continent of Akivir). Went over fairly well actually. I was surprised I could remember all of the zodiac for it. I had lots of time to kill. It was either that, card games, book writing (had 3 drafts of an autobiography done), reading (burned through about 60-80 books), or very restricted television. There were also classes I went to, but also wanted to teach formal logic and the Nicomachean Ethics (dated and somewhat sexist, but it does show methods of putting logic into a practical habit for personal growth), but they refused to purchase the texts I requested. I also dabbled in scribe work for a few of the other inmates so they could communicate more effectively to their lawyers and judges. A fairly honest way to earn commissary. A funny story is when I was bored and created a dual cypher encryption using alternate bases for the values (each character switched between base 8, 16, 10, and 12). One of the drug dealers asked me to encrypt for him, but I told him I could teach him encryption, but would not do it for him. He stopped his pestering me after a while.

When I got to the privilege pod, I convinced the higher ups to print me out a copy of the CRB, Bestiary 1, and APG for Pathfinder and actually purchase 10 sets of dice for it. I was able to take a group from lvl 3 to lvl 10 before we disbanded. It was probably the most productive 15 months of my life.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2019-08-31 at 03:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

The dragon thing certainly sounds like a lot of work. Too bad you don't have it finished since there's a game currently recruiting for monstrous characters though :)