The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Can you help me with format use in my splatbook?

I'm writing "Newly Hatch Kobolds." Splatbook about my favored reptiles.
    Writing stats block for NPC. I want to know if you prefer a list from weakest to the strongest NPC with minimal flavor. Or something like descriptions of Themed Tribes. Here is an example of one such Tribe:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4tYoGmOuNCjchg
    Will really appreciate any constructive feedback.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Can you help me with format use in my splatbook?

I really like what you're doing with the Themed Tribes. I'd much prefer to draw from that instead of trying to fit them together, saving time to instead work more on the story/setting. Additionally, it allows for good guidelines on how to create a tribe and what all should go into doing such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Black for normal/uncaring/bored. Purple for in love. Blue for being a jerk/sarcastic bum.

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

For some strange reason I have a severe reaction to sunlight when it hits my eyes, no clue why or what causes it so yeah...
    The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Can you help me with format use in my splatbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
    I really like what you're doing with the Themed Tribes. I'd much prefer to draw from that instead of trying to fit them together, saving time to instead work more on the story/setting. Additionally, it allows for good guidelines on how to create a tribe and what all should go into doing such.
    I'm happy that you like it.
    I'm thinking ongoing both ways.
    To have example tribe were Named NPC with little background will be present. And a list of "Generic/Nameless" NPCs. In tribe there will be guidelines like: Use 24 Starving Weaklings, 8 Starving Underlings and 2 Starving Leaders to represent this tribe. But stats for such generic creatures will be in the list.