The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Ghostfoot's Tearing of the Weave OOC

Hi all. Welcome.

This is the "out-of character" (OOC) thread. This is for questions, comments, (friendly!) banter etc that is not "in-character". ie stuff that we talk about rather than the characters. I will try and keep all rules etc updated here so that we have somewhere to refer back to.

Party roster

Player Character Race Class(es) Gestalt Patron Deity
    Dexam Temiryl Alauthiel Sun Elf Beguiler 6 Scout 1/ Warblade 1 Sehanine Moonbow
    razorback Savin Ro Tukal Human (Damaran) Wolf Totem Barbarian 2/
    Fighter 2/ Crusader 1/ ? +1
    Scout 1/ Swordsage1 Tempus
    u-b Anthony Resby & Thundersson Human (Chondathan) Crusader 5/ RKV 1 Cloistered Cleric 1/ Swordsage 1 Mystra
    J-H Kilus Human Spirit Shaman 6 Human Paragon 2 Silvanus
    Dimers William the Syncopated (Silverbrow) human Divine Bard 6 Cleric 1/ Warblade 1 Sune

Alternates

Spoiler
    Show
    Player Character Race Class(es) Gestalt Patron Deity
    TheDragonmaster Alrael Cilgaelen Sun Elf Deadly Hunter Druid 2 Wizard Selune
    LuckyStrike Druid
    androgial Terranthala Streamrunner Weretiger Ranger Lycanthrope Selune
    Thrice Dead Cat Nathaniel Fisher Human (Chondathan) Human Paragon 2 Wizard 1 Tyr
    bcool999
    Heavensfury Kieryian Amarillis Moon elf Psion (shaper) Warblade Corellon Larethian
    Ellowryn Dorn Greycastle Human Cleric Crusader Mystra
    Cavir
    Stegyre

Retired player/ character roster

Spoiler
    Show
    Player Character Race Class
    redzimmer Fintan of Arabel Human Warlock//Fighter
    DrK Krag Ironfist Shield Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer)/ Monk

Housekeeping

Spoiler
    Show
    1) I will make mistakes. If you think that I have made a mistake let me know so that I get it right next time. Donít expect me to try and retrospectively fix an event thatís already occurred (unless it was significant).

2) Please try to post once or twice a week, at least. Let the rest of us know if youíre going to be unable to post, and either I will run you as an NPC or you can nominate another player to run your character. If we donít hear from you then I will post your actions for you. Feel free to give auto-pilot instructions if relevent (eg "Jack keeps attacking the goblin)

3) If we don't hear from you, with no notice given, weíll look for a replacement.

4) Handoffs: If you have an expectation of somebody acting immediately after you, or responding to you, then please indicate so. This will stop us all waiting for each other to act. eg for a DM response, end your comments with:

=> DM

5) Initiative/ saves: Basically I will roll anything reactive such as initiative, saving throws and certain skill checks. This will speed things up. Please make sure you have your character sheet up-to-date.

Rules

Spoiler
    Show
    1) I am going to try and run this ďby the rulesĒ so we all know where we stand. There will no doubt be a bit of trial and error as we get used to this and work out how it operates best.

2) Please be careful with things like allowable actions (full actions, standard actions, etc) as per PHB pg 141

3) Make sure you have recorded any expensive material spell components

4) Action Points. You start with 5 Action points each (5 + 0.5*level, resetting each level, rounded down). You can use these to add 1d6 to any d20 roll that you make (or that I make for you) eg to-hit, saves, skill checks, ability checks etc. I will be lenient and suggest you do this in the following way:
    • you can use an action point when you make a roll
    • if using the action point was unnecessary (ie you made it anyway) you can keep the action point
    • if using the action point didn't help (eg you failed your save or attack roll) you can keep the action point

In particular I will always attempt to use an AP for you, if available, when rolling a saving throw for you.

From the SRD, You can also perform the following subset of AP uses:

• Boost Defense - use 1 AP to double the bonus gained from fighting defensively for 1 round
    • Extra attack - use 1 AP to get 1 extra attack when making a full attack
    • Spell Boost - use 1 AP to increase the Caster Level of a spell by +2,
    • Stable - use 1 AP to auto-stabilize if dying,
    • Combat Expertise - use 1 AP to double the AC bonus gained from the feat for 1 round
    • Dodge - use 1 AP to increase the AC bonus gained from the feat to +2 for the entire encounter (?)
    • Improved Critical - use 1 AP to double your critical threat range for 1 round,
    • Improved Initiative - use 1 AP to double the bonus gained from the feat for initiative check
    • Power Attack - use 1 AP to double your damage gained from the feat for 1 round
    • Spell Focus - use 1 AP to increase by 1 the bonus to save DCs from the feat for 1 round,
    • Spell Penetration - use 1 AP to double the bonus to caster level checks from the feat from +2 to +4 for the entire encounter,

And we have a few custom uses as well:

• use 1 AP to increase the Manifester Level of a power by +2
    • use 1 AP to augment a psionic power (in place of a Power Point)
    • can burn 2 or more to perform an extraordinary activity (at DM's discretion - propose something appropriate as you wish. For example you may seek for an extra standard action in order to save another party member from certain death).

We will monitor this and see how it works.

5) Level 1, and every fifth level thereafter (eg 1, 6, 11, 16, etc) is a free gestalt level for all PCs. Rules are here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/cl...staltCharacter.

6) All 0-level spells (orisons & cantrips) are automatically known by a caster, and can be cast spontaneously. ie you still get x 0-level spells per day, but you don't need to worry about which ones to memorize.

7) Max hp for 1st level. Average for future levels.

8) Magic item crafting & XP costs. I think that we should use the L1 Transference spell detailed here to share XP costs. What do you think?

9) We will use the Giant's fix for Diplomacy.

10) Yes, the Complete Psionic nerfs stand (various powers from Expanded Psionics Handbook are watered down).

11) Psionics & magic are transparent. They interact for purposes of dispel magic etc.

12) Both psionics and magic spells that inflict typed physical damage are subject to Damage Reduction (eg if a spell or power inflicts Slashing damage then DR/bludgeoning protects against it). Any thoughts/ comments on this? It is contrary to DMG pg 292 but in line with ComPsi pg 79. Seems logical to me though.

13) We'll do fractional BAB & saves, since we're multi-classing.

The original recruitment & "Big Sixteen":
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    DELVE INTO DARKNESS,
    BRING THE TRUTH TO LIGHT

In Wheloon, a city known for its vibrant green slate roofs, a new temple to Mystra is in the final stages of construction. But something rings false among the heavenly spheres -- or at least among those who mouth the pieties of Mystra while plotting magical mayhem behind closed temple doors.

And that's just the beginning. . . .

Welcome all! I'm excited to be running a campaign built around The Tearing of the Weave trilogy, and I hope you are all eager to be a part of it! A few things to note before we charge into the Big 16:

This is a play-by-post game. It will be slow, but hopefully not tedious. I would like players to be able to post regularly a couple of times per week (more if things work out, although I have a few other games on the go). Life happens, and if you're occasionally unable to post for a while then please let the rest of us know so that we can accommodate you. It's all about manners, really.
    The Tearing of the Weave trilogy runs all the way through to level 18-20 or so. I will be astounded if we make it all the way through with the same group. I'd like people to be prepared for the long haul though.

Without further ado...

The Big 16:

Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

The Tearing of the Weave trilogy, with some prequel adventures to get you to the starting level. Set in Forgotten Realms (summer 1374 DR to be exact).

The intro adventures will be Beasts of Aulbesmil followed by Wingclipper's Revenge (both from Dungeon Magazine and subject to heavy modification where required)

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Here - GitP forums. Please post all character sheets on Myth-Weavers.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Standard die rolls as per PHB, plus bonus equipment as per starting region (Players Guide to Faerun)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

No homebrew. Go crazy on anything else though. Variant classes and alternative class features are fine.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

All official FR races from the various sourcebooks allowed & encouraged. Ask me about other legit 3.5 races, they're probably fine too. No homebrew. No lesser variants of the planetouched (ie full aasimar/ tiefling/ etc is okay). Ask about anything with a ECL/ level adjustment.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

4d6 drop lowest. Best of 2 sets (standard rules about rerolling rubbish sets, PHB pg 8). Don't like what you end up with? Go with a 25-point buy. Hope those rolls work out for you!

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Standard alignment rules, but you have to be broadly capable of being "the good guys" and working together.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multi-classing is absolutely allowed. There are no XP penalties for multi-classing. Paladins, monks (& any others) can multi-class freely without restriction. No limit to # of classes that you can take. Alignment and other prerequisites still stand, unless you can convince me otherwise (so no paladin/ assassins).

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

All die rolls on the GitPs forums - either in the OOC forum or in spoilers in the IC forum please. I will roll initiative, saves and certain skill checks for you. Basically anything reactive I will roll in order to speed play up. You can do all of the proactive rolls for your character.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

- Level 1 (& only L1) is a free gestalt level for all PCs. Rules are here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/cl...staltCharacter. This is to give you a bit of low-level versatility.It would help me with character selection to understand where you are headed with your build (only in general terms - I just need to be able to differentiate between two L1 wizard//rogues, one going for wizard 20 the other for rogue 20)

- All 0-level spells (orisons & cantrips) are automatically known by a caster, and can be cast spontaneously. ie you still get x 0-level spells per day, but you don't need to worry about which ones to memorize or learn. Again, this is to give you a bit of low-level versatility.

- Max hp for 1st level, average for future levels.

- Ask me about racial level adjustments and ECLs if required.

- Action points: 5+ (0.5 x level), resetting each level. Exact mechanism will be somewhere between the UA version and the Eberron version.

- No traits or flaws

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

A basic background would be nice, just for some context. Don't go OTT unless you want to. There will be plenty of time to flesh out the relevant parts as we progress. See the hooks section below for some suggested ideas.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

I anticipate mainly hack & slash/ tactical combat and role-playing. It's a published adventure so there's a good mix.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Basically you can use any official 3.5 source for generic D&D setting & Forgotten Realms (ie no Eberron or Dragon magazine). Ask me if you want to do anything weird though. Remember that FR characters all get bonus equipment and access to special feats based on region of origin (as per Players Guide to Faerun). Please provide a reference to the source (book & page number) of any non-core features so I can easily check them out.

The Setting

The adventure starts in the town of Hultail, a small town in eastern Cormyr.
    Spoiler: Map
    Show

• Info on Hultail - Hultail is an insignificant village in eastern Cormyr, where the river Thunderflow meets the placid fishing waters of the misty Wyvernwater. To the north lies Hullack Forest, a primeval forest with dark valleys and hidden vales. Ghostly creatures and odd monsters pepper the local folklore, and orcs and goblins are frequent visitors from the nearby and aptly-named Thunder Peaks.
    • Info on the kingdom of Cormyr - A classic fantasy setting - chivalrous knights, court wizards, peasant farmers in need of protection, a much-loved king (sadly recently deceased heroically battling an evil dragon), marauding goblins and orcs from the surrounding mountains, bandits taking advantage of the turmoil. A prosperous land of rolling farmland and old forests, surrounded by imposing mountain ranges. Predominantly populated by humans, with a scattering of elves and half-elves.

Human characters who originate from Cormyr have certain special characteristics and options as follows:
    Spoiler: Info for humans from Cormyr
    Show
    Automatic Languages: All humans from Cormyr speak Common and Chondathan
    Bonus Languages: For those with high Int the options for extra languages are Damaran, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, and Turmic.
    Favoured Deities: The most commonly deities worshipped by humans in Cormyr are:
    Name Alignment Significance Spheres of influence
    Chauntea NG Greater Deity Agriculture, gardeners, farmers, summer
    Lathander NG Greater Deity Spring, dawn, birth, youth, vitality, athletics
    Silvanus N Greater Deity Wild nature, druids
    Tempus CN Greater Deity War, battle, warriors
    Tyr LG Greater Deity Justice
    Helm LN Intermediate Deity Guardians, protectors, protection
    Selune CG Intermediate Deity Moon, stars, navigation, prophecy, questers, non-evil lycanthropes
    Tymora CG Intermediate Deity Good fortune, skill, victory, adventurers
    Deneir NG Lesser Deity Glyphs, images, literature, scribes, cartography
    Lliira CG Lesser Deity Joy, happiness, dance, festivals, freedom, liberty
    Milil NG Lesser Deity Poetry, song, eloquence
    Waukeen N Lesser Deity Trade, money, wealth
    Extra starting feat choices: Any one of the following feats is also available for selection at 1st level to replace one of your normal starting feats - Caravanner, Discipline, Foe Hunter (goblinoid), Furious Charge, Saddleback.
    Bonus Starting gear: In addition to all usual starting equipment, start the game with a MW (masterwork) longsword or a MW heavy mace or MW banded mail armour or 300gp.

Non-human characters and humans from outside Cormyr also have their own special options as per Players Guide to Faerun. Let me know if you intend to play something different and I'll give you the details if required.

The Hook(s)

1. Recently a few people have gone missing around Hultail, their bodies later found in the nearby forest. Cyrus Fletcher, the captain of the Hultail militia, was among them. Maybe your character served with him in the military? Or was he a friend or a family friend?
    2. The Brass Wheel merchant company has had several loads of cargo stolen from caravans travelling through the area recently. You have been hired to investigate and stop the culprits.
    3. The local priest of Chauntea, Kieron Buckman, has requested help to investigate the recent killings. Maybe you are affiliated with the church of Chauntea, or another friendly religious organisation?

Recruitment timeline: Given sufficient interest, applications will close 20 Nov or thereabouts. I'll keep you informed.

Hope that all makes sense....go!

Spoiler: Interest
    Show
    Player Character Race Class Complete?
    Ellowryn Dorn Greycastle Human Cleric (Mystra)//Crusader done
    J-H Alan Human Warmage//Human Paragon needs crunch
    Yas392
    JelloCat Druid//Monk
    TheEmporer Crusader//Incarnate?
    copycatcat Human Spellthief//Archivist
    bcool999 Arloc Braveshade Human Swordsage//Fighter done
    FearlessGnome Human Cleric (Beshaba)//Human Paragon
    LuckyStrike Luxil Thirrin Wild Elf Scout//Barbarian done
    TheDragonmaster Arandi Stillwater Human Cleric (Mystra)//Wizard done
    Heavensfury Kieryian Amarillis Moon elf Psion (shaper)//Warblade done
    Trasilor warblade?//?
    Dexam Temiryl Alauthiel Sun Elf Beguiler// Scout done
    Dimers Geoff "Ruddy" Fletcher Human Bard//Warblade done
    redzimmer Fintan of Arabel Human Warlock//Fighter done
    Thrice Dead Cat Nathaniel Fisher Human Human Paragon// Wizard done
    Reality Glitch Totemist//?
    DrK Krag Ironfist Shield dwarf Wizard//Monk done
    razorback Savin Ro Tukal Human Barbarian//Scout done
    Cavir Gaalak Skyleaper Ogolakanu Goliath Dragonborn Warblade// Crusader done
    OneDarkness Cole Baker Human Warlock// Rogue done
    u-b Anthony Resby Human Cloistered Cleric (Mystra)//Crusader done
    King Tius
    androgial Terranthala Streamrunner Weretiger (Human) Ranger//Weretiger done

Anything else? Let me know & I will update this post.

Link to the IC is here.

PS NPC's will speak in blue.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2018-11-10 at 02:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Tearing of the Weave OOC

Good morning, all.
    Savin will speak in navy if its not to close to the NPC color.

Soon as I can get on a proper computer I will make a proper post.
    Happy to be on board.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SRD:Ride
    You can react instantly to drop down and hang alongside your mount, using it as cover. You canít attack or cast spells while using your mount as cover. If you fail your Ride check, you donít get the cover benefit. This usage does not take an action.
    This will be in effect if Anthony is mounted and targeted. Auto-success with Saddleback feat.
    Last edited by u-b; 2014-12-28 at 04:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Checking in for Temiryl, and claiming Green for speech colour. I plan to have an in-character post up sometime in the next 24 hours.

Hmmm, I've just noticed that Temiryl is the only female character in the group.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Checking in for Temiryl, and claiming [COLOR="#008000"]
    Hmmm, I've just noticed that Temiryl is the only female character in the group.
    And just as charming as the savage barbarian.

6. - Top - End - #6

Fintan is ready to go. If you ever see a PC calling himself Fontana instead, it's because autocorrect is insane.

He shall speak angry red.
    Merrick O' Fey sketch by Craysion

Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. Please contribute!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Kragg the dwarven monk/wizard will speak in darkolivegreen.
    Thanks for having me to the party!
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Anthony here. Will speak in saddle brown.

Other stuff:
    1. The Transference link does not work. I have found and read it, so just mentioning.
    2. As for action points, I'd like to know if only those uses you have listed are allowed, or (some) other uses from SRD are good too.
    3. This post will be edited and used to keep any standing orders and such. I will notify about all changes.

upd:
    4. Crusader is listed as proficient with "all shields", whatever that means. If this is, literally, all shields, consider me happy, otherwise...
    5. Races of Stone lists a variant rule in exotic shield proficiency feat description, potentially allowing a fighter to trade tower shield proficiency for exotic shield proficiency. I wonder if a crusader has tower shield proficiency and can trade it this way.
    Hi u-b

1. Transference link fixed, thanks
    2. Action Points. here's my thoughts on other applications for AP's from the SRD (very happy to amend these to get a good balance):
      • Activate Class Ability - no
      • Boost Defense - yes
      • Emulate Feat - no
      • Extra attack - yes (?)
      • Spell Boost - yes
      • Spell Recall - no
      • Stable - yes
      • Blind-Fight - no
      • Combat Expertise - yes
      • Dodge - yes (?)
      • Improved Critical - yes(?)
      • Improved Initiative - yes(?)
      • Metamagic Feats - no
      • Power Attack -yes
      • Spell Focus - yes
      • Spell Penetration - yes

3. I would say Crusader's are intended to be proficient with Light, Heavy & Tower shields only.
    4. I'm happy for you to swap out Tower for Exotic with this variant rule.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    And just as charming as the savage barbarian.
    She's plenty charming; just in a shy, nervous, lacking self-confidence and occasionally haughty kind of way.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    She's plenty charming; just in a shy, nervous, lacking self-confidence and occasionally haughty kind of way.
    Savin is the opposite. Confident, brash, but not very charming.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Hey all

Now that we've started I'll do a quick audit of the characters, to make sure everything's in order at the outset. Apologies in advance for any stupid questions that I ask. You guys will be way better at character building than your poor old DM.

Looking at Temiryl first:
    • Could you please add the Armour Check Penalty into the Misc Mod column for the various affected skills...it will make it way easier for me if I have to roll something and am pressed for time.
    • Knowledge (local) needs a specific region selected (see pg 9 PGtF)
    • Profession is a class skill for Beguilers
    • Just confirming the house rule for 0-level spells. They're "At-Will" but you still only get 5 per day

Fintan:
    • Note that Will Save is only +5 vs mind-effecting effects (due to Force of Personality). Against anything else it's +1
    • Initiative modifier should be +7 (!) when including +4 from Improved Initiative feat
    • Should get 16 skill points at first level ((2+1)x4 for the Fighter or Warlock class, +4 for being Human)
    • Could you please add the Armour Check Penalty into the Misc Mod column for the various affected skills
    • Explorers Clothes don't count toward encumbrance if worn(effectively they weigh 0)

Krag:
    • Speed +10ft: Where does this Thesis condition come from (I can't immediately find the source)?
    • Abrupt jaunt should be 3 times per day

That's enough for today, will take a look at the others tomorrow

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

The character sheet for Temiryl has been updated.

Thanks for clarifying the 0-level spells; as I understand it, this means no change for Beguilers.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

This seems like a perfect opportunity to discuss Thunder's build. I went with two things that are technically from PF and thus should be either approved or changed before they affect the play:
    1. Class skills. PF animal class skill list is used.
    2. Flank trick is taken, almost exclusively for "always takes attacks of opportunity" clause.

Depending on your ruling, having Balance as a class skill might require a trick (New Skill, Easy; from Dragon #323) or be denied outright. And the Flank could be denied or declared unnecessary for the purpose of reliable AoO-taking.

Also, I went with trading tower shield proficiency for rider's shield proficiency (this is marked on the sheet).

14. - Top - End - #14

Will adjust accordingly asap. Teach me to trust Pathguy blindly when genning.

Rolling re-roll diplomacy from IC.

(1d20+9)[20]
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2014-12-04 at 12:46 PM.

Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. Please contribute!

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Will adjust accordingly asap. Teach me to trust Pathguy blindly when genning.

Rolling re-roll diplomacy from IC.

[roll0]
    I like your fancy words better than Savin's.

16. - Top - End - #16

Fintan ain't much of a thinker but he talks purty.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Hey all

Now that we've started I'll do a quick audit of the characters, to make sure everything's in order at the outset. Apologies in advance for any stupid questions that I ask. You guys will be way better at character building than your poor old DM.

Looking at Temiryl first:
    • Could you please add the Armour Check Penalty into the Misc Mod column for the various affected skills...it will make it way easier for me if I have to roll something and am pressed for time.
    • Knowledge (local) needs a specific region selected (see pg 9 PGtF)
    • Profession is a class skill for Beguilers
    • Just confirming the house rule for 0-level spells. They're "At-Will" but you still only get 5 per day

Fintan:
    • Note that Will Save is only +5 vs mind-effecting effects (due to Force of Personality). Against anything else it's +1
    • Initiative modifier should be +7 (!) when including +4 from Improved Initiative feat
    • Should get 16 skill points at first level ((2+1)x4 for the Fighter or Warlock class, +4 for being Human)
    • Could you please add the Armour Check Penalty into the Misc Mod column for the various affected skills
    • Explorers Clothes don't count toward encumbrance if worn(effectively they weigh 0)

Krag:
    • Speed +10ft: Where does this Thesis condition come from (I can't immediately find the source)?
    • Abrupt jaunt should be 3 times per day

Thesis is part of the Carmendine monk. I can choose speed, damage or AC to count myself as 2 levels higher. Monk 3 gets fast movement +10.

Abrupt jaunt will be fixed.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Listen (barman's speech): (1d20+1)[3]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I ran out of time again so will aim to look at the other characters, and Thunder, in the next couple of days

Listen (barman's speech): [roll0]
    Let's say it's DC0 to overhear. It's quiet and he's in a comfortable environment not trying to be too hushed.

So everyone can overhear if they try to.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Thesis is part of the Carmendine monk. I can choose speed, damage or AC to count myself as 2 levels higher. Monk 3 gets fast movement +10.
    Sweet, got it now. All good.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2014-12-06 at 04:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Sense motive: (1d20+1)[2] (trying to guesstimate if Durmain really makes no connection between drink-sleep-gone or just pretends he does not)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Fintan leaves and heads for the town hall.
    Would be great if we could keep the party together - at least long enough to meet :-)

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfoot View Post
    would be great if we could keep the party together - at least long enough to meet :-)
    you must gather your party before venturing forth...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Would be great if we could keep the party together - at least long enough to meet :-)
    Why so? If the town hall is still open, Fintan will get some info in there, then make a DC 0 INT check and walk back to the inn to get more men on the problem, no?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Why so? If the town hall is still open, Fintan will get some info in there, then make a DC 0 INT check and walk back to the inn to get more men on the problem, no?
    That DC 0 could prove challenging, I've seen Redzimmer's dice rolling...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

I don't mind the odd divergence, but I'd hate to see Fintan get to L20 and the end of the campaign while everyone else is still getting drunk at the pub

Sense motive: [roll0] (trying to guesstimate if Durmain really makes no connection between drink-sleep-gone or just pretends he does not)
    With rolls like that...both Savin & Anthony are finding this guy hard to read

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    That DC 0 could prove challenging, I've seen Redzimmer's dice rolling...
    I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

Seriously, I just rolled a 1 on a memory check.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Know (local): (1d20+5)[25] (do we know said Cyrus?)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Know (local): [roll0] (do we know said Cyrus?)
    You've heard him mentioned in the last town that you were in. He was an ordinary local soldier who earned his position through his capabilities against the recent orc and goblin armies. By all accounts he was a popular "grunt" who was recognised by Lord Sarp Redbeard for his service.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Savin

• Action Points should be 5 at level 1, using our house rules
    • Open Lock & Profession are not class skills
    • Handle Animal is a class skill
    • Gets one more bonus language (out of Chondathan, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Uluik)
    • ACP is only -2, not -3

Anthony

• For Knowledge (others), while Anthony gets all of these as class skills since he's taken 1 rank you'll need to specify which this is allocated to
    • Gets the cloistered cleric Lore ability
    • Explorers Clothes don't count toward encumbrance if worn (effectively they weigh 0)

Thundersson

• Just needs his AC updated to include his barding & also the rider's shield

This seems like a perfect opportunity to discuss Thunder's build. I went with two things that are technically from PF and thus should be either approved or changed before they affect the play:
    1. Class skills. PF animal class skill list is used.
    2. Flank trick is taken, almost exclusively for "always takes attacks of opportunity" clause.

Depending on your ruling, having Balance as a class skill might require a trick (New Skill, Easy; from Dragon #323) or be denied outright. And the Flank could be denied or declared unnecessary for the purpose of reliable AoO-taking.

Also, I went with trading tower shield proficiency for rider's shield proficiency (this is marked on the sheet).
    1. I'd prefer to keep the class skills as per 3.5 RAW, so Listen 4 ranks, Spot 3 ranks (unless Thunder is a circus horse...not saying Anthony's a clown )
    2. Flank as a trick sounds reasonable or maybe even unnecessary, although I'm not familiar with PF. How does it work in practice?
    3. Rider's shield proficiency swap is fine

Here I expect the DM to take the role of Elebril, a half-elven shooting star ranger, to whom Anthony has delivered the package twenty minutes ago, and provide some info from said ranger's perspective (technically, not his business, I guess, but still he should have been here for at least two days waiting for the delivery) and an update on Anthony's orders (probably something not conflicting with dealing with Cyrus's death).
    Will do - that will work nicely. Tired now but will update IC tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2014-12-08 at 05:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

• For Knowledge (others), while Anthony gets all of these as class skills since he's taken 1 rank you'll need to specify which this is allocated to
    • Gets the cloistered cleric Lore ability
    • Explorers Clothes don't count toward encumbrance if worn (effectively they weigh 0)
    1. Last line in there spends another 6 points. Made a remark explaining this. Can list them piecewise if you prefer.
    2. Fixed.
    3. Fixed.
    4. Fixed.

• Just needs his AC updated to include his barding & also the rider's shield

1. I'd prefer to keep the class skills as per 3.5 RAW, so Listen 4 ranks, Spot 3 ranks (unless Thunder is a circus horse...not saying Anthony's a clown )
    2. Flank as a trick sounds reasonable or maybe even unnecessary, although I'm not familiar with PF. How does it work in practice?
    3. Rider's shield proficiency swap is fine
    0. Oops. The barding's not there. Forgot to erase it. Also, no rider's shield. These are as of yet too expensive.
    1. Sigh... a stock horse. The build was not exacly circus horse, but a war horse optimized for Ice Slick. Can live without it.
    2. Not actually practiced it. The idea is that if Anthony is up close to someone, they are not getting away without having it both from him and from Thunder. Might be more than that if Anthony is not riding (like taking 5-foot steps to flank, but this is not the reason why I took it).

Quote Originally Posted by PRD
    Flank (DC 20): You can instruct an animal to attack a foe you point to and always attempt to be adjacent to (and threatening) that foe. If you or an ally is also threatening the foe, the animal attempts to flank the foe, if possible. It always takes attacks of opportunity. The animal must know the attack trick before it can learn this trick.