The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,063 of 1063
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

I am the prettiest, smartest, funniest and most skilled writer on this forum.

Unfortunately all the skill points are in underwater table tennis, I should probably invest a few in writing.

I also seem to mainly base video game purchases on how bad everybody claims the game is. Ultima IX has one of the worst control schemes I've seen in a third person RPG, and that's including Daggerfall. At least I picked up 1-6 at the same time.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I am the prettiest, smartest, funniest and most skilled writer on this forum.
    I mean, I'm here, I doubt it.

>Am above average at absolute best
    >a complete moron
    >have never actually finished writing anything

Shut up, me, I'm trying to be more confident.

Unfortunately all the skill points are in underwater table tennis, I should probably invest a few in writing.
    Underwater... table tennis?

I also seem to mainly base video game purchases on how bad everybody claims the game is. Ultima IX has one of the worst control schemes I've seen in a third person RPG, and that's including Daggerfall. At least I picked up 1-6 at the same time.
    Eh. I mostly pick up games because they're on sale.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; Today at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Everything is going according to plan. And by that I mean the plan has changed like 3 times in the last year but now I have it written down and the new plan is going well!.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

Extended Sig

Brother of Battle by Emperor Ing

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Colossus in the Playground

Underwater table tennis is a real thing.

Also we all know who the best writer on the forum is
    Last edited by LaZodiac; Today at 10:57 AM.

Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Underwater... table tennis?
    Ping-pong is nowhere near as effective as basket-weaving{.}

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I don't. Is it The Giant? Do comics even count? Is it Munz? Was he even here recently enough to qualify?

Is it you? It's probably you.
    Last edited by enderlord99; Today at 11:00 AM.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Oh, if the control scheme were the only thing wrong with Ultima IX it wouldn't have the reputation it has. It's more the way it defecates from a great height all over the storyline and themes of the series it's nominally a part of that annoyed fans. TBH, if you want to play a really good Ultima RPG then you should have gone for 7--6 and earlier, while good, are a bit primitive to modern sensibilities and 8 was too arcadey for its own good.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Underwater table tennis is a real thing.
    ....... but... but why?

Gengy? TheDarkDM? Rolepgeek? Raz_Fox? The Giant? I know kaio999 has a book out...
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Everything is going according to plan. And by that I mean the plan has changed like 3 times in the last year but now I have it written down and the new plan is going well!.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #1057

....... but... but why?

Gengy? TheDarkDM? Rolepgeek? Raz_Fox? The Giant? I know kaio999 has a book out...
    For the same reason we climb mountains.

I've only heard of one of those people but fair point on the big man upstairs.

Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

For the same reason we climb mountains.

I've only heard of one of those people but fair point on the big man upstairs.
    Zodi there is no summit underwater.

And I'm not surprised; most of those people are more active in the roleplay boards than RB.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #1059

Zodi there is no summit underwater.

And I'm not surprised; most of those people are more active in the roleplay boards than RB.
    The mountains are above water but the point stands. Also there is absolutely underwater mountains, goofball.

Yeah that'd probably be why.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

The mountains are above water but the point stands.
    Mountains that go above the water are called land. And underwater they may be, but you still need to go *down* to get to them.

Also there is absolutely underwater mountains, goofball.
    Are. hail grammar

And while they may technically be summits I don't think it really counts as a metaphorical summit if you have to swim DOWNWARD to get to them (at that stage wouldn't the valleys and trenches be more impressive?)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; Today at 01:36 PM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Firbolg in the Playground

You may be the best, but I am still the prettiest!

Also yes, I am that vain, there are so many times when I feel like the prettiest person in the room. I need to grow my hair out and wear it in proper Celtic Warrior braids!

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh, if the control scheme were the only thing wrong with Ultima IX it wouldn't have the reputation it has. It's more the way it defecates from a great height all over the storyline and themes of the series it's nominally a part of that annoyed fans. TBH, if you want to play a really good Ultima RPG then you should have gone for 7--6 and earlier, while good, are a bit primitive to modern sensibilities and 8 was too arcadey for its own good.
    Unfortunately I didn't pick up Ultima VII before the sale ended. I got 1-6 because I actually wanted to experience it from the beginning, and IX to see if it's truly terrible without having played the previous games.

Even ignoring the betrayal it's a serious contender for Worst Game Ever. The controls are bad, the combat is dull, the story is confusing, and the main character is unlikeable. Ultima 1 can't be that bad compared to this.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

And while they may technically be summits I don't think it really counts as a metaphorical summit if you have to swim DOWNWARD to get to them (at that stage wouldn't the valleys and trenches be more impressive?)
    Sure they do. It is very ego/human centric to say that Mauna Kea is not an immense mountain just because WE happen to start most of the way up already.

and since to reach the highest state or degree (a metaphorical summit) one would need its comparative..thus the opposite would be its lowest point if we are going to use a distance based system. (One could use a temporal "starting" point but that again assumes a shared frame of reference that is not really assumable IMO)

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post
    Sure they do. It is very ego/human centric to say that Mauna Kea is not an immense mountain just because WE happen to start most of the way up already.
    I don't think it really counts as a metaphorical summit if you have to swim DOWNWARD to get to them (at that stage wouldn't the valleys and trenches be more impressive?)
    Mauna Kea is above sea level, you do not have to swim down to reach it. Also, yes, it is less impressive to climb something if you start most of the way up it.

Try reading the things you're responding to, please.

and since to reach the highest state or degree (a metaphorical summit) one would need its comparative..thus the opposite would be its lowest point if we are going to use a distance based system. (One could use a temporal "starting" point but that again assumes a shared frame of reference that is not really assumable IMO)
    If you're not going to have any common frame of reference then there's no way to discuss anything.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; Today at 02:49 PM.

Extended Sig