New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: SZbNAhL's Similarly Sibilant (if unpronouncable) Random Banter #223

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    A fallen paladin is a fighter without bonus feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    By Ronin, I mean that through no fault of the Paladin, his/her lord was killed. do you have Netflix?
    Was this in reply to me? Because it's a bit of a non-sequitur if it is...
    Sorry, I should have quoted you. I was Multi tasking at the time.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I wish somebody had actualy explained internet safety to me when I was a kid. To be fair, I think my dad would hvve done if he had any idea how bad my school's teaching of it was. Seriously, why would anybody dismiss people trying to explain something that people don't bother to teach?

Glad you had fun though.
    The big thing to take into account is that the nature of internet safety has taken a clear turn from what was emphasised even just a few weeks ago. We raised awareness for deepfakes, how to obtain truthful/unbiased information from the internet and recognise fake news as well as highlight the importance of considering what you share on the internet and whom are able to see that content. And anyone can be a victim of fake profiles and identity theft - you don't have to be famous for that to happen.

Some parents were concerned, and rightfully so about grooming (in the past few weeks a couple of recent, extreme cases have surfaced in Finnish media), which we realise is something we need to take deeper into consideration. We're seriously thinking about how internet will change - are we entering a new, different kind of era of "don't take candy from strange adults"? But yeah. It's a serious matter, and even adults really need to wake up and realise what they're doing on social media as well.

It was stressful at times, but fun. I had difficulties connecting with the kids, but had very fruitful conversations with the parents. That, and our team was absolutely amazing. I'm very proud to volunteer for this organisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Grey is a fantastic color, full of life and shine and sheen!
    I beg to differ.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    The big thing to take into account is that the nature of internet safety has taken a clear turn from what was emphasised even just a few weeks ago. We raised awareness for deepfakes, how to obtain truthful/unbiased information from the internet and recognise fake news as well as highlight the importance of considering what you share on the internet and whom are able to see that content. And anyone can be a victim of fake profiles and identity theft - you don't have to be famous for that to happen.

Some parents were concerned, and rightfully so about grooming (in the past few weeks a couple of recent, extreme cases have surfaced in Finnish media), which we realise is something we need to take deeper into consideration. We're seriously thinking about how internet will change - are we entering a new, different kind of era of "don't take candy from strange adults"? But yeah. It's a serious matter, and even adults really need to wake up and realise what they're doing on social media as well.

It was stressful at times, but fun. I had difficulties connecting with the kids, but had very fruitful conversations with the parents. That, and our team was absolutely amazing. I'm very proud to volunteer for this organisation.
    You're doing god's work Finn, the world needs so much of this exact thing.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I got this song Baby Shark stuck in my head. LOL!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    You get datafairies instead. Here to have fun with your systems.
    (And also is based off an (obvious abstraction) of yours truly. So, hey, bit of a view of the person behind the screen here.)
    "Sprites in the system? Must be a technomancer nearby! Bring out your stun guns, chummers, Evo will pay handsomely for another "volunteer" for their clinical studies."

(I might be a little hyped for Shadowrun 6E)
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    "Sprites in the system? Must be a technomancer nearby! Bring out your stun guns, chummers, Evo will pay handsomely for another "volunteer" for their clinical studies."

(I might be a little hyped for Shadowrun 6E)
    The only Technomancer I know is the magical girl I came up with for a Super Hero game/setting. That said heck yeah, Shadowrun rules. I kinda wanna get into a game of it but I'm not sure if my idea for a character would be reasonable.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The only Technomancer I know is the magical girl I came up with for a Super Hero game/setting. That said heck yeah, Shadowrun rules. I kinda wanna get into a game of it but I'm not sure if my idea for a character would be reasonable.
    reasonable.
    Shadowrun...reasonable.

No comment.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

No comment.
    I wanna be the robot geisha from Ghost in the Shell that has 360 degree limb rotation, a samurai sword up her arm, and a submachine gun up the other one.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, hey, hey, no need for violence. A little mischief never hurt anybody, no? Just need a little livelihood in your lives.

...I have a soft spot for Technomancers. But, uh, that's probably obvious, I'd say.
    (Technomancer magical girl sounds interesting. Is she utterly incompetent with tech otherwise? )

I wanna be the robot geisha from Ghost in the Shell that has 360 degree limb rotation, a samurai sword up her arm, and a submachine gun up the other one.
    Submachine gun sounds impractical due to bullet storage.
    Get a laser rifle instead, then you just need a bigger power source.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

You'd need a fair number of cybernetics, and you'd probably be a street samurai. I don't know enough about the game to recommend a specific build beyond that but I'm 110% certain that is a thing you can do.

I want to be a rigger whose physical body has either been broken or deteriorated to the point that he works entirely through his drones.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #252
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    Sorry, I should have quoted you. I was Multi tasking at the time.
    I mean, I don't get why this was a reply to me. I didn't mention anything about ronins.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #253

Hey, hey, hey, no need for violence. A little mischief never hurt anybody, no? Just need a little livelihood in your lives.

...I have a soft spot for Technomancers. But, uh, that's probably obvious, I'd say.
    (Technomancer magical girl sounds interesting. Is she utterly incompetent with tech otherwise? )

Submachine gun sounds impractical due to bullet storage.
    Get a laser rifle instead, then you just need a bigger power source.
    She is Tony Stark with twin tails. Lucy Lampiere, aka Digistructed Hard-light Technocrat, is one of the first heroes I came up with for my small little super hero universe. She found the mathematical proof for magic, which was the missing ingrediant in the code to make her deceased parent's hard-light holographic technology work. She presents herself as a bubbly fun magical girl and then experiments on herself with hard-light nanomachines to make up for the fact that she's weaponizing a tool intended to help build and heal.

The bullets are kept in my hair like hairclips.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You'd need a fair number of cybernetics, and you'd probably be a street samurai. I don't know enough about the game to recommend a specific build beyond that but I'm 110% certain that is a thing you can do.

I want to be a rigger whose physical body has either been broken or deteriorated to the point that he works entirely through his drones.
    That's 100% possible and a cool concept actually.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

She is Tony Stark with twin tails. Lucy Lampiere, aka Digistructed Hard-light Technocrat, is one of the first heroes I came up with for my small little super hero universe. She found the mathematical proof for magic, which was the missing ingrediant in the code to make her deceased parent's hard-light holographic technology work. She presents herself as a bubbly fun magical girl and then experiments on herself with hard-light nanomachines to make up for the fact that she's weaponizing a tool intended to help build and heal.
    I can get on board 100% with anything involving hardlight. That (along with unnecessary digital energy trails and hovering everything) is basically my favorite non-realistic sci-fi aesthetic.

Sounds... dangerous. And impractical.

15. - Top - End - #255

I can get on board 100% with anything involving hardlight. That (along with unnecessary digital energy trails and hovering everything) is basically my favorite non-realistic sci-fi aesthetic.

Sounds... dangerous. And impractical.
    You have described her entire aesthetic.

Probably!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I know, it's HalfStolen from somebody else. Went something like this:

Me [alone]: I wanna play a rigger who operates solely through drones... eh, but they're probably gonna force me to be nearby so there's actual danger to me... and given we're shadowrunners I'd need to at least be fit enough to run... Oh, I could be the driver so I can stay in my cool car and upgrade it!

Me: Here's my rigger. She sticks to her car for the most part, she can be our getaway driver.
    Other Player: Oh cool, I had a rigger kinda like that once. She only interacted with the party via her drones and I eventually revealed that she was stuck in a life support system unable to move.
    Me: ... Wait. You can do that?!
    Other Player: ??? Sure, why not?
    Me: *internal screaming*

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

You have described her entire aesthetic.
    Marvelous. I can always approve of more bright impractically glowing digital aesthetic characters being released into the world.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

I mean, I don't get why this was a reply to me. I didn't mention anything about ronins.
    uh, by fallen paladins I thought you were referring to ronin. I mades a boo boos.sorries.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

That would be conceivable, as the individual parts already exist in the rules (except maybe for hardlight). You'd have to relax the magic and technomancy rules a bit, though, as in vanilla Shadowrun they're each other's antitheses, meaning you can't be capable of both magic and technomancy. Plus, their primary stat is hard-capped by your essence, which is permanently lowered by body modding.

Show

20. - Top - End - #260

That would be conceivable, as the individual parts already exist in the rules (except maybe for hardlight). You'd have to relax the magic and technomancy rules a bit, though, as in vanilla Shadowrun they're each other's antitheses, meaning you can't be capable of both magic and technomancy. Plus, their primary stat is hard-capped by your essence, which is permanently lowered by body modding.
    Teddifer you got a mixed message there. Technocrat is my super hero for a superhero game like Mutants and Masterminds, the geisha assassin is someone else and what I want to run in Shadowrun.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-08-19 at 07:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That sounds awesome.
    I would ideally like a remote humanoid android, that I can control in realtime from as far away as I need to. And it can have cool toys like machine guns and hard light manufacturing capacities.
    Failing that, I was this. Actually, I want AlterEgo anyway.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    That sounds awesome.

I would ideally like a remote humanoid android, that I can control in realtime from as far away as I need to. And it can have cool toys like machine guns and hard light manufacturing capacities.
    So you wanna be Racter from Shadowrun: Hongkong. Nice choice.

Also yeah Technocrat is one of my cooler ideas for that super hero setting. I can go over it if people are curious.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Teddifer you got a mixed message there. Technocrat is my super hero for a superhero game like Mutants and Masterminds, the geisha assassin is someone else and what I want to run in Shadowrun.
    Ah, yeah, I did not see you switching settings there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    A rigger with an anthro drone with varying degrees of Realistic Features enhancement and some guns added to it is entirely within the rules of Shadowrun (5th edition, since 6th isn't out yet). The only thing that I don't think is in the rules is hardlight, because as far as science fiction goes, the Shadowrun world usually doesn't try to be too unrealistic.

Trodes are in the rules too, and a really basic item for anyone too queasy to install a USB socket in their head, but if you're going to be a rigger, you'll have your entire neural system jacked up to a really expensive control rig, so you don't really need them.

Show

24. - Top - End - #264

Random tangent, but you know what bothers me? And will likely continue to bother me for all time, and is probably a sign of a broken brain?

People who are like "Tony Stark is a bad person you can't like him" and I'm like "literally his entire arc is someone trying to be a good person after realizing all the bad they did" and their response is "he's not real that doesn't matter".

Like seriously. **** off with this nonsense. I get it, Thermian argument and all that, it's not real so we need to analyze it based on what went into the writing, coming at it from a purely in universe standpoint is inherently bad or whatever the **** nonsense it is. By that same merit... Tony Stark is written to be an example of bad, unchecked behaviors and is shown learning those things are wrong and shown actively trying to do a better job of it. Out of universe there is a clear show of force towards him trying to do good. So I just don't get the hate.

Also if you hate Tony Stark you implicitly have to hate Black Panther for basically all the same reasons.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I've never heard anyone say that about Tony Stark. Then again, I don't tend to get into conversations about the MCU terribly often, so there's that.

I only half-watched Black Panther, but I remember thinking the villain kinda made some good points.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

26. - Top - End - #266

I've never heard anyone say that about Tony Stark. Then again, I don't tend to get into conversations about the MCU terribly often, so there's that.

I only half-watched Black Panther, but I remember thinking the villain kinda made some good points.
    I see too much of it but I'm extremely online at all times so that's probably why.

Killmonger was right it was his methods that were wrong, and the film ends with him acknowledging that. But before that, Black Panther is responsible for most of the same sins Tony is responsible for. I don't really get why people consider it different.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I see too much of it but I'm extremely online at all times so that's probably why.

Killmonger was right it was his methods that were wrong, and the film ends with him acknowledging that. But before that, Black Panther is responsible for most of the same sins Tony is responsible for. I don't really get why people consider it different.
    At a complete guess: How many movies is Tony in, as opposed to T'Challa?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

28. - Top - End - #268

At a complete guess: How many movies is Tony in, as opposed to T'Challa?
    Three, plus four, plus two, plus one if counting the Hulk credit cameo, so 10 films.

T'Challa's been in four.

Overexposure might be the factor yeah, but it's like... that overexposure has Tony spend more time as a good person than bad. So people still have a warped view of him.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Bugbear in the Playground

I know it's not what's annoying you, Zodi, but it's also perfectly possible to like a character who would be a bad person in real life too. Or even one who's a bad person to the world of fiction they come from. Some of those people really need to chill out.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

My opinion on Tony Stark is "He's just the comic-book version of Alfred Nobel, plus robot armor."

Although... that hardly counts as an opinion in the first place.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.