The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

I red about the whip-dagger that it's almost the same as the normal whip, just with lethal damage.

It provokes AoOs when wielded (ok, hmmm) and it doesn't threaten. That's crap! I have to threaten to intimidate someone and to make AoOs by myself! So... any chance to handle this misery in my favor?

A solution would be taking levels in the lasher prc from sword & fist, but that helps me out in the future, not now

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

If you want to take the class later it will be allowed as there is no 3.5 update to my knowledge (that isnt a devil). As for an immediate fix. I would say (as a fan of castlevania) that you threaten all within 10ft. And it doesnt provoke AoO as its a weapon you trained to use. You know its weak spots and wouldnt open yourself up like that.

3. - Top - End - #33

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    If you want to take the class later it will be allowed as there is no 3.5 update to my knowledge (that isnt a devil). As for an immediate fix. I would say (as a fan of castlevania) that you threaten all within 10ft. And it doesnt provoke AoO as its a weapon you trained to use. You know its weak spots and wouldnt open yourself up like that.
    Thanks a lot!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

And everyone now has a post that has posted thus far (ancient no rush, again once a week is fine) I look forward to all of your lovely replies.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

11 named NPC's so far, already off to a better start then I thought. Thank you again everyone and I hope you are all enjoying yourselves, even with my horrendous grammar.

6. - Top - End - #36

DwarfBarbarianGuy

@Thundercracker: I'm on the inside of the tavern, waiting to leave, you want to enter. Between us is a knight with his horse. I don't think Joshua gets it that you are talking with him

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm going to have to go with the intelligence check because as a player I think I've reached my limit! (1d20+2)[18]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    @Thundercracker: I'm on the inside of the tavern, waiting to leave, you want to enter. Between us is a knight with his horse. I don't think Joshua gets it that you are talking with him
    Oh, thought you were outside. My mistake.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    I think I'm going to have to go with the intelligence check because as a player I think I've reached my limit! [roll0]
    With that result and your background as a code breaker you notice that perhaps the hundred number could represent what paragraph it is in. Though in which direction they count the words your not sure.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    With that result and your background as a code breaker you notice that perhaps the hundred number could represent what paragraph it is in. Though in which direction they count the words your not sure.
    I officially hate you. That was a vicious puzzle!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Im glad you enjoyed it so 😆. I will award exp for that mind you as it was rough and spur of the moment idea. You got it though and im very proud of you.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Very thematic for Crystal. Think the other characters would be a little bit stuck without her!

I wouldn't have got it without the hint. Even so it took me an hour and a half. Both forwards and backwards! That was evil.

Yay, XP!
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-08-19 at 06:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

What can I say I run a bunch of BBEGs' I have to be evil, its in the nature of the DM.

Don't worry there shouldn't be many riddles, puzzles, and so on like that. It was a spur of the moment "How do I get the correct answer for the owner of the bar to know this is one of the people when they won't give the letter up" type of thing and thus was born the riddle. And come on it fits perfectly with the game lol

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Dante, Amara would be traveling in explorers outfit, because traveling with a caravan wearing a nobles outfit is just asking to be robbed.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

RCgothic 150exp for solving the puzzle, everyone else gains 75 for it being solved.

Will edit that thunder

and edited, now time for bed
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-08-20 at 12:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

How rustic is the golden M? Is it a place a fight might break out or is it relatively clean and well maintained? How expensive is the food / drink?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-20 at 09:12 PM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Some of this I believe was already detailed though probably not well so

Think a family who made their home into an inn, now thinking everything made out of wood (which is mostly everything in there) was made by the Amish (really good quality, solid pieces of furniture, just with a simplistic feel and look to them) Most of the pieces do have a few claw marks and such on them (which was said because animals are welcome inside). As for fights, about 30% chance of one breaking out. This is mostly where traders go, and is known for being a quiet place unlike the Drunken Archer which is known mostly for its fights.

The place is very clean and well kept, but clearly lived in and they don't try to hide that things get wear and tear. Perhaps its more of the appeal in their eyes. There seems to be nothing "new" in terms of furniture and such here (think that old rocking chair that has been around for so long its actually comfy vs the new one that is stiff and hurts, thats the difference)

As for the food and such, using the PHB we have

Per day
    Good room/inn would be 2gp
    Good meal (they hunt/grow most things themselves, only buying bread from baker) so 7sp (as its a better meal then normal)
    Though of note the letter did say you would have lodging provided for you

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome thanks.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Page 32 of Arms and Equipment also has a very fleshed out version of prices of things, mostly will be used for alcohol types in this game.

Elven Aleeian wine (imported from Ellenthyr)
    Dwarfhead Stout (Dwarf community nearby trades it to the village)
    Dwarven Garnet Wine (as above)
    Gnome Golden Light (imported from Axiom, not often stocked)
    Elven Moondrop (Imported from Ellenthyr)
    Pulsch brown ale (imported from Axiom)

Other's mentioned in the book would be extremely rare, especially drow wine as at the moment no one knows about the drow

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I will post tomorrow when I get home from work, just wanted to let everyone know.

21. - Top - End - #51

DwarfBarbarianGuy

We're driving to Italy tomorrow (1 week). They say they have WiFi, but due to beach and vino, my posting rate will can/may drop...
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-08-22 at 12:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the heads up Fliggl, and don't stress about posting when you are on vacation its a vacation after all. I know on the camping trip I took with my son I checked in with my group from my phone but I didn't post the entire week. If you can get a post in by all means do so, but don't feel you have to. This will be a very laid back game when it comes to that, and with your character off doing his own thing at the moment it won't impact the others greatly I believe.

23. - Top - End - #53

RangerGuy

Knowledge History:
    (1d20)[15]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Iím missing a language. Whatís a language a noble would be instructed to learn? Is there something akin to an old language
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Iím missing a language. Whatís a language a noble would be instructed to learn? Is there something akin to an old language
    Most nobles would know the languages of those their country trades with, more so if they live near or in a port town so Sylvan (near thunder's charge), Elven, gnome, halfling, Yuan-ti, dwarf, merfolk, triton, aquan, orc. All are possible languages, as the english language has changed throughout the years I am sure an Empire that has been around roughly 1,000 years has also gone through a good amount of changes as well to say their is an old dialect that few speak or read. And thus knowing it would show how old your family was as it shows how many generations your family has grown that they have kept the language alive through their bloodline like a secret society almost.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so I may have had a little bit of free time on my hand, and possibly made a rough idea of what the Golden M looks like....

Ground floor (doesn't include stable as well yeah I have the free version and that is not so easy to do with no hay)

2nd Floor (What most customers would rent out, that venter green area, is an open floor looking down on the ground floor bar room.)

And finally the penthouse (beds and tables can be moved obviously. The only thing not shown on this map is the balcony)
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-08-24 at 09:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nice work! But you messed up with the links somehow. Penthouse and groundfloor show the same pic. But again, looks cool!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Fixed the maps, waiting for other players to act as this would be interparty play at the moment and I don't want to force people to move on

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure I understand correctly, thereís another person deeper inside the penthouse, or did the voice come from behind us?
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Deeper inside the penthouse