The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

While three party members have a movement speed of 40ft. (4 miles in an hour) two have only 20ft. (2 miles in an hour) and the pace is set normally by the slowest members of a group with the fastest acting as forward scouts or such. Mind you horse's make the travel time a bit easier, but I'm going off of simply walking for my example.

That means in one day the party can move a total of 16 miles over non difficult terrain with 8 hours of walking. Now using the rules in the PHB I would consider the trip from Angelis to the Mines to be a major road so you move at full speed the first 4 miles. The last 2 however are at 3/4 speed due to mountainous terrain. So the first 4 miles would only take you 2 hours to cover with ease (and this is again going by slowest party members), while the last two miles would be brought down to 1.5 miles an hour (so about an hour and a half added on) for a grand total of three and a half hours to get there. Multiply that by 2 (trip to the mines and back) and thats 7 out of eight hours of the day gone (not including what happens in the mine.

Now From Angelis to Tuta it is a small road rarely used, closer to a trail, and looking on the map it doesn't even fully bring you to town. The first 2 miles go off without a hitch (1 hour), however the next mile before the forest has raised hills and such so 3/4 movement again, thankfully its only 1 mile (45 minutes roughly). 3 Miles of lightly forested terrain (with a rough trail) (2 and a half hours). Last two miles are deep forest with no trail that's 1/2 movement speed so 1 mile an hour (2 more hours) add that all up and we have six hours and 15 minutes to get there.

Any questions feel free to ask (correct math as you see fit as I'm only so so at it).

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Iím good with that. And thereís always something that can surprise us on the road. Amara isnít nearly this detailed though, and has no ranks in survival, so I donít think this is something I can use ic.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    While three party members have a movement speed of 40ft. (4 miles in an hour) two have only 20ft. (2 miles in an hour) and the pace is set normally by the slowest members of a group with the fastest acting as forward scouts or such. Mind you horse's make the travel time a bit easier, but I'm going off of simply walking for my example.

That means in one day the party can move a total of 16 miles over non difficult terrain with 8 hours of walking. Now using the rules in the PHB I would consider the trip from Angelis to the Mines to be a major road so you move at full speed the first 4 miles. The last 2 however are at 3/4 speed due to mountainous terrain. So the first 4 miles would only take you 2 hours to cover with ease (and this is again going by slowest party members), while the last two miles would be brought down to 1.5 miles an hour (so about an hour and a half added on) for a grand total of three and a half hours to get there. Multiply that by 2 (trip to the mines and back) and thats 7 out of eight hours of the day gone (not including what happens in the mine.

Now From Angelis to Tuta it is a small road rarely used, closer to a trail, and looking on the map it doesn't even fully bring you to town. The first 2 miles go off without a hitch (1 hour), however the next mile before the forest has raised hills and such so 3/4 movement again, thankfully its only 1 mile (45 minutes roughly). 3 Miles of lightly forested terrain (with a rough trail) (2 and a half hours). Last two miles are deep forest with no trail that's 1/2 movement speed so 1 mile an hour (2 more hours) add that all up and we have six hours and 15 minutes to get there.

Any questions feel free to ask (correct math as you see fit as I'm only so so at it).
    Yeah, that sounds about right to me. What kind of town is Tuta? It must be quite remote if there's no real path to the settlement two miles out. I couldn't find it on the map, but maybe I'm just blind.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by El'the Ellie View Post
    Yeah, that sounds about right to me. What kind of town is Tuta? It must be quite remote if there's no real path to the settlement two miles out. I couldn't find it on the map, but maybe I'm just blind.
    Go back to page 1. dantiesilva pinned the map into the first post (the 8 mile map). In the upper right corner is Tuta.

5. - Top - End - #125

RangerGuy

Alright, Benedict will take his horse. Not sure if anyone else wants to buy or rent one, but it at least gives us one fast mover if we need to send a message or relocate quickly.

Also, for the record, Benedict has no clue about the note that was revealed by Issarel. He was changing into his armor when it happened. Gleefully oblivious.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

You have been traveling for 3 hours now and would guess you are not far from the mine.

7. - Top - End - #127

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Any humanoid looking bodies? How long are they dead - as a mortician I should be able to say ďthis happened a few hours agoď or ďthey are dead for about 6 to 10 daysď.

What is the general looking of the bodies? Throats cut? Bite marks and acidic wounds?
    Anything special about the bodies, like a lot of jewelry on their clothings?

And Joshua can't let them lay here. He has to bury or burn them...

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Taking 20 requires you to have 2 minutes of uninterrupted time, so I'm going to have to ask for rolls.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Taking 20 requires you to have 2 minutes of uninterrupted time, so I'm going to have to ask for rolls.
    Bunch of spot rolls: (10d20)[2][1][4][6][17][18][8][15][1][5](77)
    Bunch of listen rolls: (10d20)[1][19][1][11][15][19][20][14][6][20](126)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #130

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Bunch of spot rolls: [roll0]
    Bunch of listen rolls: [roll1]
    Awesome rolls TC! Especially the first ones! Spot 2, listen 1. You're too deaf to hear ya blindness, right 😉

And you have to imagine Joshua examining the corpses like
    Spoiler: this
    Show

Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-09-25 at 11:38 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I will be posting later today when im out of work. I will say that a few of you spot/hear people in the bushes nearby and from their appearance they seem to be bandits.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Ouch, sorry for the high rolls guys.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Spot: (1d20+7)[21]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+6)[25]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spot: (1d20+8)[23]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+4)[16]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Sense motive : (1d20+4)[11]
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #136

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spellcraft check to identify Issarels spell (1d20+6)[23]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

386exp for everyone for dealing with the bandits. I was like you just told them it wasn't magic followed by saying you were going to brainwash them which they know is magic, something that you have a faint idea happened to a fellow party member this may have the opposite effect you are going for if you roll bad. NAT 20, that was amazing.

18. - Top - End - #138

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Yeah, had luck with this roll.
    And what a coincidence that right now a cloud darkens the sun! Cool idea

19. - Top - End - #139

WhiteWizardGirl

Was Meri able to follow the tracks up to the mine? And if so does it look like the creature entered the mine, or changed direction at some point before?
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

The tracks lead directly into the mine.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quick odd question. Do you want a simple hand drawn map using graph paper and you tell me marching order and such. Or would you like me to attempt to use pyromancers?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quick odd question. Do you want a simple hand drawn map using graph paper and you tell me marching order and such. Or would you like me to attempt to use pyromancers?
    I find google excel docs formed into squares works best because itís simple and I can access it easily from my phone. You can also have different color cells represent different terrain etc. and you can create different borders for the cells if you want to get fancy.

Iím ok with anything though.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I find google excel docs formed into squares works best because itís simple and I can access it easily from my phone. You can also have different color cells represent different terrain etc. and you can create different borders for the cells if you want to get fancy.

Iím ok with anything though.
    I also have good experiences with google excel documents for this purpose.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Google Doc it is, I have allowed you all to edit the sheet so that you may place your characters where you wish without worrying about me misunderstanding where you want to go. Of course as you travel more of the mine will be revealed.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Can you resize the rows so that the cells are square?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

I can try, believe it or not the normal one is a lot worse.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

They should now be 30x30, any bigger and it starts getting really weird with how large the boxes become.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Ive made massive maps man, you just need to zoom out. Take a look:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=783118136
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-02 at 10:48 AM.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Holy hell thats insane. I give you a lot of credit for the patience it had to take to do that.

30. - Top - End - #150

DwarfBarbarianGuy

TC, thats awesome! Remembers me at the good old days, the Final Fantasy III days...