The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 199
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    El'the Ellie, a bit premature to say that the creature has left, no?

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Janwin View Post
    El'the Ellie, a bit premature to say that the creature has left, no?
    Yeah, my apologies, I'll go edit that. For some reason in my head I thought there was something at the end of Dantie's post that said something like 'after you all respond, he leaves'. But that is not the case. And with Benedict here, he may never leave this room
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Okay... now I have to edit my edit. Intimidation, GO!!!

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    (1d20+9)[26] vs DC 14

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Fort Save: (1d20+2)[18]

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Fortitude (1d20+6)[7]

    Uh oh
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-09-17 at 11:38 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    And we were having such a polite conversation...

    Fort save: (1d20+5)[10]
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    To my knowledge innvocations are not swift actions ( and even if they were why would she do it) and they do expire after a time. So are you constantly redoing your "spells" all day once they expire, as if not you cant just say i see invisible people. Mind you that your character also walked downstairs, outside the inn, followed the guards a short distance to see what they were hanging up. Read it and then have to walk back, so unless this last like ten minutes im going to say that she cannot make it back in time for this.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    To my knowledge innvocations are not swift actions ( and even if they were why would she do it) and they do expire after a time. So are you constantly redoing your "spells" all day once they expire, as if not you cant just say i see invisible people. Mind you that your character also walked downstairs, outside the inn, followed the guards a short distance to see what they were hanging up. Read it and then have to walk back, so unless this last like ten minutes im going to say that she cannot make it back in time for this.
    Your call. Let me know when she rejoins the group.

    Her Invocations last 24 hrs so Amara does them when she wakes up and when she sleeps. Let me know if you want me to specifically call it out each time or put something on my char sheet.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-09-17 at 08:32 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Your call. Let me know when she rejoins the group.

    Her Invocations last 24 hrs so Amara does them when she wakes up and when she sleeps. Let me know if you want me to specifically call it out each time or put something on my char sheet.
    Yeah given how your character followed the guards to a sign post in the center of the middle class/poor district basically (not to far but still takes time to walk there and back) your character would not be there in time to notice the fight, after it gets finished possibly but not before it gets done given how they are simply talking while your character is actively doing things. Mind you that you found a mission you could all choose to undertake while they meet a walking toilet and got sick.

    As for the 24 hour duration...well I had not considered that... I may be in trouble with a few things.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Yeah given how your character followed the guards to a sign post in the center of the middle class/poor district basically (not to far but still takes time to walk there and back) your character would not be there in time to notice the fight, after it gets finished possibly but not before it gets done given how they are simply talking while your character is actively doing things. Mind you that you found a mission you could all choose to undertake while they meet a walking toilet and got sick.

    As for the 24 hour duration...well I had not considered that... I may be in trouble with a few things.
    It’s all good.

    I had considered investigating on my own but figured it wasn’t good form for the game.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Fortitude save: (1d20+5)[11]

    Edit: I will be traveling from tomorrow morning until Monday evening, I might get a post in on Friday.
    Last edited by JShield; 2019-09-18 at 01:38 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Aah the Druid and Paladin getting along. *Tale as old as time/True as it can be/Barely even friends*
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    To my knowledge we have

    Find and stop cult of Ryl (Disciples of Ryl, Followers of Ryl)
    Question the man about his missing wife
    Go to the mines where a "toilet demon" said those you seek will be
    Hunt down some orges plaguing the area
    Return to the temple of Heironeous and check in on that Hextor group coming to set up shop
    Return to Blacksmith and see if he has heard any word from his brother and needing a protection wagon for the metals from the mine
    Secret mission of Crystal and Issarel

    Some of these MAY be time sensitive, while others may not, sadly the only way to learn is to do and see what happens.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    So, OOC planning time!

    I think the thing that makes the most sense for Merienda to want to do is to go to the mines and see what there is to see. Of course, that's partially because she doesn't know about the letter from the enchanter.

    Is that the general consensus, or are there other things people want to do?
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    I, Fliggl, haven't even red the letter of the enchanter.

    And Joshua understood it so, that if he needs money in the future, than the dwarf can give him a job... that's how I and Joshua remember it :/

    Joshua wants to go straight to the mines. If we find oger, good! Two jobs at once! Or we die...

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    My reveal of the Enchanter's letter was interrupted by the toilet demon. Naturally, this is going to be the priority mission for Issarel, not that I think it may be the most enticing to the party.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    To my knowledge we have

    Find and stop cult of Ryl (Disciples of Ryl, Followers of Ryl)
    Question the man about his missing wife
    Go to the mines where a "toilet demon" said those you seek will be
    Hunt down some orges plaguing the area
    Return to the temple of Heironeous and check in on that Hextor group coming to set up shop
    Return to Blacksmith and see if he has heard any word from his brother and needing a protection wagon for the metals from the mine
    Secret mission of Crystal and Issarel

    Some of these MAY be time sensitive, while others may not, sadly the only way to learn is to do and see what happens.
    @ all, for what it is worth, I/Daruk had interpreted the incursion of Hextorites to not be related to our mission: There´s always some Hextorite-stuff hitting fans in Heironeous-land and if they were on the radar of the temple they´d probably be dealt with at some point. Therefore, Daruk won´t press it as a priority. However, should we end up bumping into those blasted Hextorites during our mission I can´t guarantee Daruk will be able to ignore them.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    I know nothing about the enchanter. Let’s hit the mines and take out some ogres on the way, if we meet them.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I know nothing about the enchanter. Let’s hit the mines and take out some ogres on the way, if we meet them.
    In Ancients last IC post, Iss showed us the letter
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-09-20 at 02:39 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Thanks I’d missed that.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    I will give until Monday night for everyone to make a choice on where to go what to do, do something. If by that time there seems to be no further story progress, talking, anything, I will time skip again.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    How far away are the mines and how far away is this city, where the enchanter waits?

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    6 miles away from town for the mine ( though mountainous terrain for the last few miles).

    8 miles for tuta (following a trail, and some of that is through forested terrain)

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    6 miles away from town for the mine ( though mountainous terrain for the last few miles).

    8 miles for tuta (following a trail, and some of that is through forested terrain)
    Thanks!

    This means we're about 3 hours away from the mine. If we leave soon, we should be able to arrive before noon, investigate, use stealth kill the cultists and return all at the same day.

    There is enough time to do both!

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Saying its roughly 22 miles from the mine to tuta ontop of the eight from angelius to the mine (not including time spent at mine) yeah no, you wouldn't be able to make that without a forced march through the night. Which is an option.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    6 miles away from town for the mine ( though mountainous terrain for the last few miles).

    8 miles for tuta (following a trail, and some of that is through forested terrain)
    Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Saying its roughly 22 miles from the mine to tuta ontop of the eight from angelius to the mine (not including time spent at mine) yeah no, you wouldn't be able to make that without a forced march through the night. Which is an option.
    Sorry, what?

    Edit: Angelius <-> Mine 6 Miles
    Angelius <-> Tuta 8 Miles

    If mine and tuta are in opposite directions (in comparison to Angelius) its about 14miles from Angelius to Tuta, or 5 hours without rushing...

    Right now (ingame) it's early in the morning. If we leave early, we arrive the mines at 12:00 latest. Clearing the mine (I have no idea how big it is) is about 6 hours. Back to Angelius it's about 21:00. 8 hours of rest -> 6:00

    Then 3 hours to Tuta. 9:00 in the morning. Enough time for a coffee, before meeting the enchanter!
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-09-22 at 10:58 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Walking up a mountain or through a forest is a lot harder then strolling through plains keep in mind. And the map has forested mountains and hills in the direction to the mine while tuta has hilllands and deep forest. So those hexes while a mile in distance doesn't mean a mile in time.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Can you please link the maps you made to your first post? It took a while to find it. Now we can speek over the same thing :P

    Once were back on the road or trail, we could rush home for example. And iirc, the enchanter didn't say *when* to come to Tuta, in the morning? In the evening?

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: The Cult of Ryl OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    Can you please link the maps you made to your first post? It took a while to find it. Now we can speek over the same thing :P

    Once were back on the road or trail, we could rush home for example. And iirc, the enchanter didn't say *when* to come to Tuta, in the morning? In the evening?
    We can walk 8 hrs a day, at 3 miles per hour. That’s 24 miles in a day. Mountainous terrain would slow us down a bit, but I think we can make it esp if we rent ponies or horses, we could as much as double our speed.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •