The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 164
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli's stone knocks the vulture out of the air and it falls down into the water with a splash.

    The other vulture continues to try and peck at Three Claw, but just can't get at him.

    The remaining quipper remains entangled.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Vulture 2 dies.

    Vulture 1 Beaks at Three Claw and misses.

    Quipper 1 tries to break out of entangle and fails.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw stabs at the vulture with his bronze spear, readying his shield for the counter attack.
    Spoiler: attack, damage, and crit
    Show
    (1d20+5)[12] (1d4+6)[10] (1d4)[4]

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw easily stabs through the entangled vulture.

    One the other side of the battlefield an octopus struggles up onto land and struggles to find a purchase for its tentacles on Deshy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Vulture 1 dies.

    Octopus 1 moves from Q18 to R18 and misses Deshy.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn struggles, still holding her breath as best as she can. But therenisn't any amount of tactics that will free her hear. All that is left for it is to keep swinging at it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll:
    (1d20+3)[20]
    (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage Roll:
    (1d10)[10]
    Crit Damage:
    (1d10)[3]

    Bonus action to observe still.


    Zyrn would see red, bloody water, and feel the things grip loosen. She wouls book it up to the surface and onto dry land. (20 feet underwater, so 10 feet after surfacing, from R12 to R10)
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-08-28 at 02:09 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Ah!" Kimiko feels someone back into her and turns to find that it's just the horned human. She assesses his wounds in a way that would probably seem nonsensical in most circumstances. "Hasi, right? I think I have a healing spell..."

    As she speculates how one might go about casting a spell, her hand raises itself in what could be a pre-programmed gesture, ingrained muscle memory, or divine inspiration. She just rolls with it; such is the way of the red mage. Most of Hasi's wounds vanish in a flash of Azeyma's light.

    While she's doing that, she senses the octopus sneaking up behind her and spins around to parry it. "Really?! OK, fine!"

    Now that the monster has made the mistake of climbing up to torso level, she windmills her right arm and brings her gloved fist down on its bulbous head with a weirdly sonorous boom.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Action: Healing Word on Hasi
    Healing: (1d4+4)[5]

    Action: Booming Blade on Octopus O1.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[3]
    Crit?: (1d3)[2]
    - On a hit, if the Octopus moves at all before Deshy's next turn, it takes 1d8 thunder damage.

    Move: (no movement)

    Status:
    HP: 7/9
    Arrows: 17/20
    L1 Spells: 1/2
    Effects: Mage Armor (Durability 1)
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-08-28 at 07:29 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    In the murky underwater, Zyrn chops up an octopus and makes her way back to the surface. Meanwhile the other one gets its lights knocked out by Deshy the Octopus Boxer.

    Elsewhere a spider continues to struggle against a most unnatural fate.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Both octopi die.

    Spider 1 fails to break out of Entangle.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Thanks." Relief plain on his face, Hasi again gestures, summoning fire in an effort to smite the entangled spider.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sacred Flame targeting S1 in square W16.

    Reflex Save, DC 13

    Damage: (1d8)[5]

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli casts a stone at the remaining enemy.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8] + (if crit): (1d6)[3]

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli hucks a magic stone at a not magical fish and kills it, thus ending the combat.

    Some of the bodies vanish while others stay behind or leave something in their place.

    You acquire: Feathers (2), Ink (1) (which fills up one of your small mason jars), Octopus (1), Quipper (1), Lizard (1), Copper coins (17)



    Chocobo's out of combat effect is still going on for the next hour. So if you choose not to take a short rest/attempt to gather materials you'll get the benefits of that.



    Spoiler: Beastiary Info
    Show
    Lizard
    Tiny Beast
    AC 10
    Climb speed 20

    Myconid Sprout
    Small Plant

    Distress Spores: When the myconid takes damage, all other myconids within 240 feet of it can sense its pain.

    Sun Sickness: While in sunlight, the myconid has disadvantage on ability checks, attack rolls, and saving throws. The myconid dies if it spends more than 1 hour in direct sunlight.

    Rapport Spores (3/Day): A 10-foot radius of spores extends from the myconid. These spores can go around corners and affect only creatures with an Intelligence of 2 or higher that aren't undead, constructs, or elementals. Affected creatures can communicate telepathically with one another while they are within 30 feet of each other. The effect lasts for 1 hour.

    Giant Fire Beetle
    Small beast
    AC 13
    HP 4
    Speed 30ft.
    blindsight 30 ft.

    Illumination: The beetle sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 ft.

    Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6-1 slashing damage.

    Octopus
    Small beast
    AC 12

    Ink Cloud (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest): A 5-foot-radius cloud of ink extends all around the octopus if it is underwater. The area is heavily obscured for 1 minute, although a significant current can disperse the ink. After releasing the ink, the octopus can use the Dash action as a bonus action.

    Quipper
    Tiny beast
    AC 13
    Swim 40ft.

    Blood Frenzy: The quipper has advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature that doesn't have all its hit points.

    Spider
    Tiny beast
    AC 12

    Spider Climb: The spider can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.

    Web Sense: While in contact with a web, the spider knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.

    Web Walker: The spider ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.

    Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 1 piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 9 Constitution saving throw or take 1d4 poison damage.

    Vulture
    Medium beast
    Fly 50ft.

    Pack Tactics: The vulture has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the vulture's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-08-29 at 05:56 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn will approach the others. Sorry about that. I'm not a good underwater fighter." Zyrn would help gather all the materials listed if she was needed. Upon finishing, she'd speak again. "I can't Het hides here, so I can't use any of these creatures. But I am okay with waiting if any of you need to rest. I got lucky and the octopus didn't hurt me much."

    Zyrn would look up to get a good grip on what time of day it was.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn judges that it is sometime before noon.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Using her sixth sense for scavenging, Deshy wades over to retrieve her intact arrow from a surprisingly-also-intact lizard corpse. "I'm OK with whatever you all want to do... but, we are on a time limit here. Who knows when the Spirit Crystal will decide to send us back where we came from."
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Thanks to that spell, I should be able to continue. And it's not like we'll find replacements for broken weapons but standing around. We had best continue. Carefully, of course."

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn nods. "I agree. Let's get going then. The sooner we find the weapon shop people the less we need to worry about insufficient weaponry. Hopefully we can get out of the swamp.at some point, before crocodiles become a problem."

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli slowly comes down to the ground, holding his side. He looks gravely at his companions. "Kuupoo..."

    It is unknown what fate would befall our missing villagers if we arrive too late. I fear my resilience has been depleted, but we shall carry on.
    Last edited by charlesrwest; 2019-08-30 at 08:25 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Resilience... depleted...?" Deshy's mind has a problem with that that she can't quite put her finger on, probably because English isn't her first language. "I can heal you if you get hurt again, but I only have one casting's worth of energy left. I'm trying to save it for an emergency... Sorry..."

    She helps pick up the obvious loot as the group moves on to the next area, then seems to realize something. "Oh! If you need a replacement weapon, you can borrow my gloves. I shouldn't hog them if you're still unarmed."
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn would watch and listen. "Let's hit the road then... err... figuratively. I would prefer to get out of this swamps. I'm not fond of all thus mucky water and mud." Zyrn would say after any weapon exchanges happened. The sooner they could find the people, the sooner weapon breakage would cease to be such a huge problem.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw looks at the others, "Seems like a good idea, I am not sure any of us would do well in water, first one in yell so we can try and get your attacker off first."

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Yeah, OK," says Deshy. "I wish we could avoid the swamp entirely, but we can't risk running past the kidnappers."

    ...did they ever say what kind of monsters we were looking for? I'd ask, but I don't want to look stupid...

    "Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem coming back! Once we secure our destination, I can make a map to avoid the dangerous territory in-between."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-03 at 11:54 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    After about an hour or relatively speedy travel and another of not so speedy travel through the swamp the group is almost out of it, in a drier but more heavily wooded area, when they notice they're surrounded by enemies.

    Deshy spots an especially creepy monster behind them. Everyone can see at least one detached rotting hand or foot moving around... menacingly? You're not sure how you can tell that, you just can.

    One of the crawling claws fittingly crawls around on a tree and flings itself at Hasi, grabbing onto her painfully.

    One of the stomping feet splashes its way to being beneath Zyrn, barely visible as its so short its actually under the surface of the water.

    The group hears the flapping of small wings from the east.

    Spoiler
    Show

    CC1 moves from T12 to U15 and Claws Hasi for 2 slashing damage.

    SF1 Dashes from R18 to V19.

    Bt3 Dashes from AO24 to AC23.



    As before shallow water and mud are difficult terrain. Dirt is regular. Trees provide cover or block line of sight entirely depending on the angle.

    Baboons are small.
    The Badger, Bats, Crabs, Crawling Claws, and Stomping Feet are ally Tiny.
    The Larva is medium.
    Spoiler: Picture of Larva
    Show


    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-09-05 at 09:57 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn would sigh as the onset of monsters became known. Why would a bunch of animals want to take hostages? This was confusing, and very obvious as well if she listened to her alternate memories. That part of her said they should be lucky they aren't fighting apples, slimes, or bunnies.

    Zyrn slashing down at the foot splashing beneath her. If she hit, she would move onto some solid ground.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack:
    13
    Damage:
    (1d10)[4]
    Crit:
    (1d10)[9]

    Zyrn attacks SF1, ans moves to V16 if it dies.
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-09-05 at 10:41 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn smashing the foot to pieces, sending bits of bone and rotting flesh in a spray that splashes back down into the water, almost getting Deshy wet and gross.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw moves towards the badger 12x on mapand stabs at it.
    Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+6)[25] (1d4+4)[8] (1d4)[2] attack, damage and crit
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-09-06 at 06:50 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw leaps across the water, landing belly first in the mud as he stabs his spear through the badger, killing it instantly.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli takes one look at his attackers and performs a short dance (the air's embrace) before shooting up. He then removes a stone from his bag and sends it as a glowing missile toward one of the bats. "KUPOO"

    Justice rains from above!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    If I can assume that Moowgli could keep some stones hot (so not needing to cast it now):

    Bonus action to do gust of wind, which in combination with his wings moves him up 10 ft.
    Attack Bt3 with magic stone.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli easily knocks a bat out the sky with a rock.

    A baboon swings its way through the branches and leaps from tree to tree to reach three claw and... fails to so much as dent his armor.

    A crab and a bat close in on the group.

    The upsetting looking larva/man thing slithers its way up next to Deshy.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bt3 dies.

    B1 moves from W4 to X10 and misses Three Claw.

    C1 Dashes from AF21 to Y24.

    Bt4 Dashes from AM3 to AC14.

    L Dashes from S24 to V21.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    By the time Deshy has scrambled out of the water and figured out enough to pick out a target, the maggot man is already on top of her.

    Damn it, I was too slow...
    Whatever! We still have the gloves, so just fight!


    She spins and uppercuts the monster as it rears up to slam her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Booming Blade
    Attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[6]
    Crit?: (1d4)[4]
    - On a hit, the maggot takes 1d8 thunder damage if it tries to move at all until Deshy's next turn.

    Move: Can't without provoking!
    Bonus Action: No relevant actions!

    Status:
    HP: 7/9
    L1 Spells: 1/2
    Effects: Mage Armor


    She swings slightly too high for the ornament that passes for the monster's face and plunges her glove straight into the larva's mouth. She withdraws her hand on reflex, stumbles backwards and plunges her other hand into the mud as she catches herself.

    She gets to her feet just in time to react to an incoming attack, but leaves one glove stuck in the mud and the other in the monster's gullet. Looks like we're not getting them back until the end of the fight.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-07 at 01:36 AM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Everything Dashes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    SF3 Dashes from L8 to T9.

    Bt1 Dashes from G7 to S15.

    B2 Dashes from AM9 to Ad13.

    CC2 tries to leap for extra non-difficult terrain movement and fails, doesn't fall prone, and winds up Dashing from AA21 to W21.

    Bt2 Dashes from I24 to U20.

    SF2 Dashes from AF16 to AA16.

    C2 Dashes from AG6 to Y11.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Oh please not again." Hasi shakes the hand off himself, conjuring a burst of fire as he does so. "I hate this swamp. No. Scratch that. I hate swamps."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sacred Flame on Crawling Claw 1. IF THE SPELL KILLS IT. Move to W16.

    Targeting reflex DC 13.

    Damage (1d8)[8]

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    After re-positioning, Hasi summons another burst of fire, this time targeting the undead hand assailing Deshy

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard action: Sacred Flame Targeting CC2

    Reflex 13 to avoid

    Damage: (1d8)[4]

    No bonus action, no movement at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •