The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 263
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "its very interesting. Though I dont know how viable this will be when it launches."

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    You travel for a while as the swamp transitions fully to forest. As it turns to early evening (still at least an hour or good light left), you crest the top of a small hill and in the distance between the trees at least a few of you are at just the right angle to spot a light, probably a small campfire or the like, in the near distance that you're pretty sure you wouldn't be able to make out if it were farther away or at a brighter time of day.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "There it is!" Deshy tries to keep her voice down through her excitement. It's like we just spotted the light at the end of a long tunnel.

    "Some of us have a stealth skill right? Let's sneak into position and surprise them. I'm sick of always starting the battle surrounded."
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw looked at the others, "I don't stealth, but you guys get in position and I will draw them my way, Hopefully we can trap them between the fire pit and me.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    If I get within sixty feet of the camp I can make it easier to hit at least some of them. But it's best if I do so before you get into melee range with them. Afterwards it's more advantageous if I hang back and support with my cantrips.

    Wandering storm offered quietly.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn watches the fire in the distance. "Do we even know if it's nonsters? The ones we have met so far couldn't start a fire. Though I agree we should assume it is as a precaution. But do we approach them tonight or tomorrow? It is getting late and we son't want to be left foundwring around in the dark. Could we make it there in time to not be fighting in the dark if we go?"

    Zyrn stretches herself slightly, a bit tired from all of this. But if it was people, they would be unable to defend them all night if they stayed here. What a decision to make.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "Making camp here will just give them an opportunity to find us, or to start cooking the villagers over that fire," says Deshy. "I say we strike now, before they're ready. Besides, if the monsters need the fire to see, then most of you have an advantage in the dark, right?"
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli holds up his staff in determination. "Kupo!"

    I would expect a gathering to center near the fire and ruin their night vision. If we can get close enough undetected, I can ask the either if it would bind their limbs on our behalf.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn would nod along with this. She had just wanted their thoughts and to be sure. But it seemed that their path was set. It was now time for Stealth and ambush. Hopefully it would not come to ambush. With luck it was just the missing people, and nothing more. "Let us be in our way then, to a sure we arrive before nightfall. It would not do to get lost while sneaking."

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    The group makes their way closer to what very soon is clearly a small campfire. As they approach, they see the woods are thick with trees but thankfully somewhat sparser in shrubbery than what they've been passing through sometimes, though there's still some it's at least not enough to interfere much with ranged attacks. In a few places the shrubbery and grass seem to have died.
    As they get even closer they spot the campfire and next to it a few things. A green skinned woman with warts and a wide brimmed pointy black hat, a broom leaned against a tree, and a human woman bound in rope.
    They also spot a group of deer and elk to their right and a group of apes to their left. As well as some rabbit like creatures that appear to have horns jutting from their foreheads.


    Congrats, you guys passed the group Stealth check and so everyone in the party gets to partake in the surprise round! As their are no enemies in the surprise round, go ahead and act in any order. When you post your action, also include an Initiative roll please.

    Edit: In case this needs to be clarified, you are all currently Hidden from all enemies until you move out of cover/take actions that might alert them to your presence.

    Spoiler: Almiraj
    Show


    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-15 at 06:25 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Maneuvering carefully, Wandering Storm moved towards the group of apes before brandishing his coal and speaking in ignan. <Let the spirit fires light your way>

    A silent explosion of blue light appeared in the midst of the apes.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    moved to W18 and cast faerie fire on the ape and baboons (DC 13 dex save) and they also take 5 fire damage from fira (assuming the baboons are within 5 feet)

    initiative - (1d20+3)[23]
    Last edited by 1ring42; 2019-10-16 at 10:39 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Bow at the ready, Deshy peers around the thick brush to get a better view of the campfire.

    "There's Priya!" She whispers to Moowgli. "We should probably take out that green gnome first Everyone ready?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[23]

    Going to move up next to Moow at 20Y and shoot at the witch.

    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[6]

    Arrow Break? (Low is bad, high is good): (1d100)[86]
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw moves quickly so he can get closer to the witch.

    Spoiler: combat
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13] initiative. Move twice t20 to v17, then v17 to y15

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn, glimpsing deer in a nearby area, waves towards her teammates, and trying to signal where she would be going. And then she would take a dash action. She was over 60 feet from the witch, with several trees between then so it should be fine. Three law was already infront of her anyway. Zyrn dashes from AC18 to AH17. She tries to soothe the deer and calm them, and with luck, to make them friendly to her.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Init:
    (1d20+2)[14]
    Animal Handling:
    (1d20+5)[6]
    Animal Handling 2 (If needed):
    (1d20+5)[22]


  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli runs forward and lets the dance of the air around him carry him into the sky. He then flaps his wings as he calls fire down upon the witch who has taken the innocent towns people.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Move, gust 5 ft into the air, cast create bonfire on the witch's location.
    Bonfire damage (dex save 13): (1d8-1)[4]
    Last edited by charlesrwest; 2019-10-18 at 08:46 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Wandering storm brandished the coal and spoke again in ignan <The informationof the ages is often overwhelming>

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Cast mind sliver on the witch DC 13 INT save
    damage - (1d6-3)[-2]

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Deshy fires off another arrow in the interest of rushing down the probable magic-user, then ducks behind the tree where Moowgli was standing for cover.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[5]

    Moving to 20X from 20Y.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-18 at 11:47 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    The witch takes a second arrow to the chest, but evades the magical attacks. As two dead shrubs apparently come to life and attack Three Claw from behind she casts a spell on him that causes him to fall over in uncontrollable laughter and she runs away behind the trees. As suddenly as Three Claw's involuntary laughter started, it stops.

    Two winged monkies fly over with haste, one getting up in Moowgli's face while another shrub (this time a living one) walks right under him and clumsily tries to rake Deshy with its twigy ends.

    The big ape Wandering Storm caught in his faerie fire wanders over and throws a rock at him, but it goes wide. However at the same time a horned rabbit zips out of the underbrush and stabs into the back on his left leg.

    Meanwhile Zyrn gets totally wrecked by an Elk that smashes through her like she's not even there and keeps going.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BW makes her save against Mind Spike. Arrow hits her.

    Aj1 moves from N23 to V19 and Horns Wandering Storm for 4 piercing damage.
    Wandering Storm maintains concentration on Faerie Fire.

    E moves from AN16 to AI17 and critically hits Zyrn for 17 bludgeoning damage. Rendering her unconscious. Then continues moving from AI17 to AC18.

    FM1 Dashes from J13 to V16 (up 20 feet in the air).

    TB1 moves from AB11 to X12, breaking stealth after missing Three Claw.

    TB2 moves from AC12 to Y12, breaking stealth after Clawing Three Claw for 3 piercing damage.

    AS1 moves from X15 to Y19, breaking stealth after missing Deshy.

    A moves from M11 to S16 and misses Wandering Storm with a thrown rock.

    Zyrn fails 1 Death Saving throw.

    FM 2 Dashes from N8 to Y16 (up 10 feet in the air).

    BW casts Tasha's Hideous Laughter on Three Claw. Three Claw fails his save and becomes prone and incapacitated. BW then moves from Y10 to V4.
    Spoiler: Tasha's Hideous Laughter
    Show

    A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or fall prone, becoming incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn't affected.

    At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it's triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends.


    At the end of Three Claw's turn he succeeds on his saving throw.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli takes a swing at the flying monkey facing him. "Kupo!"
    Fairwell, foul fiend!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Shillelagh on staff, then attack.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d7+2)[7] + (if crit): (1d7)[1]

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    There is a whumph-crack! sound like..... someone hit a somewhat hollow boned monkey with something that at the moment very much resembles a baseball bat and then shockingly a flying monkey falls out of the air with a smaller thump as it hits the ground, very dead.

    Deer race to surround Deshy.

    Another shrub comes to life, again going right under Moowgli to go attack one of his companions, this time the newly arrived black mage. It strikes true and..... doesn't manage to actually do more than give a few irritating scratches.

    Another of the horned rabbits races around the trees and fire to get close to Three Claw while the witch's broom suddenly comes to life and he barely manages to fend off its attacks with his shield despite being on the ground.

    However the most alarming thing is when Priya Rees suddenly snaps the rope binding her with a mighty flex. She then grabs one of the longer pieces and stands up, looking a bit unsure what to do.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moowgli hit and killed FM2

    Dr2 Dashes from AM18 to Y21.

    Aj2 Dashes from AF3 to Z12.

    Dr1 Dashes from AL14 to Z20.

    AS2 moves from Z15 to X17, breaking stealth after Raking Wandering Storm for 0 slashing damage.

    BA breaks stealth after missing Three Claw. Then it makes a second attack on Three Claw.... missing again.

    Dr3 Dashes from AP14 to Z19.

    Priya Rees escapes her bindings, stands up, and grabs a piece of rope to use as an improvised whip.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-19 at 11:17 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "An ambush?!"

    Deshy watches several monsters emerge from stealth. Before she can do anything about it, she finds herself surrounded and Zyrn trampled.

    "Damn it! They were still ready for us..." She puts up her crab-claw-clad fists to fend off the deer, leans to the right to see better around the tree and quickly flashes the hand sign for her healing spell. "Zyrn! We need to get out of here!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonus Action: Healing Word on Zyrn
    Healing: (1d4+4)[5]

    Action: Dodge!

    Move: 20Y-20Y (Staying put to not provoke more attacks)

    Status: As well as can be expected
    HP: 5/9
    L1 Spells: 0/2
    Effects: Dodging
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-20 at 01:08 AM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "It would be best to keep our guard up. We need to clear a path so we can retreat."

    Wandering storm brought his focus down towards the horned rabbit that had stabbed him, <Fire! Bring about your sores>

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting inflict wounds on AJ1
    attack - (1d20+5)[18]
    damage - (3d10-3)[12]
    crit - (3d10)[24]

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    The horned rabbit's skin quickly boils and pops, dribbling curdling streams of pus as its flesh blackens, splits, and curls away from the bone as the whole creature melts away into a steaming puddle of foul smelling seared rotten blood and vitriol.
    Wandering Storm gets the distinct impression that his spell may just have been a bit overkill. A moment later an Elk charges him and he's nearly bowled over by the force of its horns impacting with his arcane protection. He doesn't get to find out if he would have fallen over as from the other side a large ape trundles over and slams both fists into his arcane armor, resulting in him more or less just spinning around in place still somehow standing no worse for wear than he was before.

    Moowgli sees another flying monkey take the last one's place and it bites him, barely piercing his new armor. He wonders why the monkeys are going so bananas for him.

    Before Three Claw can get up he "ironically" gets clawed twice in the back by the animate dead shrub things.

    A shrub doesn't hurt Deshy. Is this news?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Aj1 dies. Yuck.

    E moves from AC18 to X18 and misses Wandering Storm

    FM1 moves from V16 to X15 and Bites Moowgli for 1 piercing damage.
    Moowgli maintains concentration on Create Bonfire.

    TB1 Claws Three Claw for 2 piercing damage.

    TB2 Claws Three Claw for 2 piercing damage.

    AS1 misses Deshy.

    A moves from S16 to V17 and misses Wandering Storm.... twice.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-21 at 09:03 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn recalls only that the elk freaked out and charged her. There was the feeling of broken ribs as it slammed into her, and suddenly all was black. She woke up not too long later, incredibly sore and hurt. She would turn towards her allies and stand up, groaning slightly. She's move from AH 17 to AF18, and wasn't able to get further yet. But she would try and calm the elk as best she could from this distance.

    Spoiler: Animal Handling Rolls
    Show

    Roll 1: 24
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-10-22 at 12:51 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn manages to calm the Elk down.

    The witch moves to where she has a clear shot at Moowgli and fires a sickly green ray at him, but she stumbles over a root and it goes wide. Seeing she failed to hit her target, she continues moving to hide behind the trees again clearly fearful of being shot with more arrows.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elk becomes non-hostile.

    BW moves from V4 to Z8 and casts Ray of Sickness at Moowgli. It misses. Continues moving to AB8.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw stands up and takes a defensive position. He gathers up his inner warrior spirit.
    Spoiler: second wind
    Show
    (1d10+1)[4]

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli swings his staff with a double handed grip and kicks his feet toward the awakened broom.

    "Kupo"

    I bid thee farewell.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Swings a flying monkey and tries to fly 5 ft higher if possible.

    Attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage: (1d7+2)[6] + (if crit): (1d7)[1]

    Tries to gust BA into the bonfire at Y10.
    Damage: (1d8-2)[6]

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli once again smashes a flying monkey out of the sky. He also manages to push a broom into a fire using the power of his mind the air. It seems none too happy with this as it brushes past Three Claw and Priya Rees who both take sweeping strikes at it as it passes them and flies over to Moowgli. It swings itself at him twice, the first strike lightly brushing his cheek, the second slamming him about as hard or maybe even harder than he hit the monkeys. It doesn't feel as satisfying to be on the receiving end.

    A shrub continues to harass Wandering Storm, managing to stick him in a sensitive spot.

    Dear Deshy spends her time fending off hoof strikes from irate deer, dear me!

    The remaining horned rabbit tries to spike Three Claw with its horn, but instead Priya Rees strikes it with her improvised whip hard enough to snap its neck. Her way around the fire no longer blocked, she makes off towards the south east.

    Spoiler
    Show

    FM1 dies.

    BA fails both saves and takes the 6 fire damage.

    Dr2 misses Deshy.

    Aj2 misses Three Claw.

    Dr1 misses Deshy.

    AS2 Rakes Wandering Storm for 1 slashing damage.
    Wandering Storm maintains concentration on Faerie Fire.

    BA moves from Y10 to Y15 (up 10 feet), provoking opportunity attacks from Three Claw and Priya Rees.
    Three Claw opportunity attacks BA and hits for 6 piercing damage.
    Priya Rees opportunity attacks BA and hits for 2 slashing damage.
    Then BA Broomstick's Moowgli twice. The first time missing. The second time hitting for 6 bludgeoning damage.
    Moowgli loses concentration on Create Bonfire.

    Dr3 misses Deshy.

    Priya Rees whips Aj2, killing it. Then moves from Z10 to AD15.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Raising his focus in a guarded position, Wandering Storm retreated, hoping to make some room for himself.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Action: Disengage and move from W18 to S21

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "All right Zyrn!" Deshy cheers from the local deer convention.

    She briefly tries to replicate her teammate's success in handling the elk, but when she offers her hand for a deer to sniff, the other two try to ram her and the sudden movement startles the one she was working with.

    "Agh, come on! I guess I should have expected this from these pack hunters..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just dodging again; the failed animal handling is just for fun.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •