The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 258
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    The elk suddenly finding itself uninterested in the battle wanders a bit away from everything else and just tries not to get hurt.

    Two dead shrubs, one living shrub, and an ape find no purchase against their foes. Not surprisingly at all in two cases and very surprisingly in one.

    Spoiler
    Show

    E moves from X18 to AA16 and Dodges.

    TB1 misses Three Claw.

    TB2 misses Three Claw.

    AS1 misses Deshy.

    A moves from from V17 to T20 and misses Wandering Storm twice.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn moves 30 feet forwards towards the deer, getting really frustrated with all this. But the deer needed del with, so hopefully for the final time she would try to stop them. She would do her best to soothe them and calm them. She would try to make them more friendly to her and her group otherwise she would have to start attacking and she'd rather svoid that. She liked deer after all.

    Spoiler: Rolls & Movement
    Show

    AF18 to Z18
    Animal Handling:
    (1d20+5)[12]

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Thanks to her prior efforts, Zyrn manages to convince the elk to aid them.

    The witch pops her head back around a tree and tries to make Three Claw laugh again, but apparently the joke falls flat instead of him. She then scampers off after Priya Rees.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elk is now Friendly and an ally. Will not attack or be attacked by the Deer.

    BW moves from AB8 to AA8 and casts Tasha's Hideous Laughter on Three Claw. He succeeds on his saving throw and is unaffected. BW then moves from AA8 to AF10.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw stabs at the threatening shrub on his right.

    Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[20]
    (1d4+4)[5]
    "Take that you shrubby little plant."
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-10-23 at 07:40 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli strikes again and sends a gust of air billowing at one of Three Claw's Attackers.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Attack with staff:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d7+2)[4] + (if crit): (1d7)[3]

    Tries to gust TB2 (strength save DC 13) into the fire at Z11.
    Damage (dex save DC 13): (1d8-2)[2]

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw smashes one of the dead shrubs to bits and pieces and a moment later Moowgli sends the next into the fire where it quickly burns to ash.

    Moowgli's strike at the broom it blocked by one of its own and then it smacks him about the head for good measure. He can tell one more hit and he'll be out like a light.

    One of the deer finally gets a kick in on Deshy.

    Zyrn gets double teamed by a deer and a shrub, but remains standing. If only barely.

    Priya Rees, rescuee(?), runs by whipping a deer expertly across the throat causing it to bleed out in moments. Though by that point she's already moved further on.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Three Claw kills TB1.

    Moowgli misses BA.

    TB2 fails both saves and takes 4 fire damage and dies.

    Dr2 Bites Deshy for 2 piercing damage.

    Dr1 misses Deshy.

    AS2 moves from X17 to Y17 and Rakes Zyrn for 2 slashing damage.

    BA makes two Broomstick attacks at Moowgli. One misses. The other hits for 5 damage.

    Dr3 Bites Zyrn for 2 piercing damage.

    Priya Rees moves from AD15 to AB19 and whips Dr3 for 4 damage, killing it. Then moves from AB19 to AC21.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Wandering Storm brandished the coal focus at the ape and smirked. "Time for you to ride the lightning" he quipped before incanting in Ignan, sending a crackling bolt of electricity from the focus.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting firebolt with lightning damage.
    attack - (1d20+5)[6]
    damage - (1d10-3)[0]
    if crit - (1d10)[5]
    [Roll=attack adv]1d20+5[/roll]

    If the ape dies he will move from S21 to U16 if not he'll stay put.
    Last edited by 1ring42; 2019-10-24 at 03:13 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Deshy gets into the rhythm of the weirdly cute deer's calculated leaps and notices monsters being blown around and cooked in their own bonfire. "Wow! That's cool, Moowgli! Can- MYEOW!"

    As she tries to be encouraging, one deer kicks her right in the shin while the others start changing targets.

    "Priya! Look out-"

    Of course, that one gets cut down immediately. It only just now occurs to Deshy that the weapons dealer was probably far from defenseless on her own. "Oh, huh. Nice!"

    She catches sight of the witch as it runs through the trees, but not for long enough to try lining up a shot. Meanwhile, Moowgli is getting pounded by the shrub and the broom, and that stupid ape is still menacing Storm.

    "Okay! Time to start closing this out!" She claps the crab claw on her right hand and starts pruning the annoying shrub to punish it for turning its back on her. Or at least, she assumes this must be its back if it was attacking Zyrn.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonus Action:n/a

    Action: Booming Blade with Crab Claw Gauntlets vs. AS1
    Attack: (1d20+7)[12] -2 = 10
    Damage: (1d4+5)[6] -2 = 4
    Crit?: (1d4)[4]
    - "On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 1d8-2 thunder damage, and the spell ends."

    Move: n/a

    Status: OK
    HP: 7/9
    LN Spells: 0
    Effects: Booming Blade on AS1 possibly
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-10-24 at 11:20 AM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Wandering Storm's taunt gets a clear "No" as the ape knocks the hand that was to fling the bolt of lightning aside and is just flies up into the air. While it's distracted, the Elk Zyrn has made friends with brushes past one of the animate brushes, evading an attack from it, and charges into the back of the ape. It turns around angry and clubs it unconscious with two blows of its fists.

    Deshy lands a decent blow on the shrub, but apparently living ones are tougher than dead ones as only a few branches break off and its still animate. The shrub attempts to retaliate, but Deshy fends it off.

    Spoiler
    Show

    E moves from AA16 to U19, provoking an opportunity attack from AS2.
    AS2 opportunity attack misses.
    E charges and Rams A, hitting for 11 bludgeoning damage.

    AS1 misses Deshy.

    A Fist attacks E twice. The first attacking hitting for 7 bludgeoning damage. The second hitting for 8 bludgeoning damage. E falls unconscious.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn grunts slightly as tough bush branches rake down her body, and a nearby deer bites her. "Dang it, stop that! I'm already busted up, why attack us?" Zyrn says, ostly to heraelf. She sidn't expect the deer nor the bush to respond. Any plans for what we want to do here? This is getting bad." Zyrn says to D'Shi, as she swings at AS2 with her greatsword.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Attack:
    (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage:
    (1d10+1)[7]
    Crit:
    (1d10+2)[10]

    No movement.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn strikes a good chunk of material off the brush, but it remains intact.

    The witch in chasing after Priya notices she has a clear shot at Moowgli and fires a ray of frost... which passes right under him as he bobs around in the air dizzily.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BW moves from AF10 to AG16 and casts Ray of Frost at Moowgli. Which misses.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli dizzily swings.

    "Kupo!"

    And this for thee, cursed branch!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Attack with staff:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d7+2)[8] + (if crit): (1d7)[2]

    Tries to gust BA (strength save DC 13) down so Three Claw can attack him.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw moves to the side of Moowgli and stabs at the little varmin.
    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    move to z16 and stab bush. (1d20+5)[18] (1d4+4)[8](1d4)[1]

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Moowgli bests the animated broom in a contest of best stick. In defeat it falls to the ground, never to be used for violence again.

    Three Claw stabs into the bush... which normally wouldn't do a whole lot, but it was down to just core branches and some leaves already so he manages to snap it apart anyway.

    One deer distracts Deshy while the other manages to bite her of all things! How rude! (And surprisingly painful coming from a prey animal!)

    Priya circles around and tries to whip another deer, but she's apparently run out of her astounding luck and the whip gets snagged on a branch for a bit instead of hitting her target.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BA "dies".

    AS2 resist the damage of Three Claw's attack... and dies.

    Dr2 misses Deshy.

    Dr1 Bites Deshy for 2 piercing damage.

    Priya Rees moves from AC21 to Y23 and misses Dr2.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Frowning, Wandering storm brought his coal to bear and cast again.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    firebolt with lightning using inspiration for adv
    attack - (1d20+5)[24]
    adv - (1d20+5)[24]
    damage - (1d10-3)[3]
    crit - (1d10)[9]

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    "It looks like Priya's clear!" Deshy calls back to Zyrn over the aggressive hedge. "We still need to finish off that green jynx! After that, the animals might-"

    As she speaks, Kimiko experiences a sensation that's entirely new to her, like sitting on a tack while your spine twists up inside you. D'Shi recognizes the feeling immediately.

    "NYAAAH! My tail! Let go! Bad deer!"

    Deshy drubs the deer on the nose with her bow and starts casting her attack spell. The deer startles and rears up before letting go, sending Deshy cartwheeling into the shrub behind her just as the spell finishes...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Booming Blade!
    Crab Shell Gauntlet: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[5]
    Crit Damage? (1d3+3)[5]
    On hit, the shrub gets the booming energy debuff and takes 1d8-2 damage if it moves during its turn.

    Move: No
    Bonus: No

    HP: 5/9
    Spells: no
    Status: no
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Wandering Storm shocks the ape. It seems to be unaffected, but as it's about to slam its arms down on the mage, it instead collapses to the ground as it heart had stopped.

    Deshy gives a shrub a good trimming and it gives her a good thrashing as they trying to extricate themselves from each other, but as she remains standing, so does it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Wandering Storm kills A.
    Deshy hits a shrub.

    E fails a death saving throw.

    AS1 Rakes Deshy for 2 slashing damage.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-27 at 04:19 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn watches as the dear Bites Deshy's tail and supreshe'd the brief desire to laugh over the antics that follow. "Moowgli and Three Claw are nearest her if that's what you mean. But i'm too hurt to take on a witch. But I may as well help you untill I pass out again." Zyrn said with a lay sigh. Everything hurt. She was fighting off the effects of pain and many injuries. She was as beat up as was possible without loosing conciousness.

    Zyrn swings her antler greatsword at the bush, hoping to take it out. "Sorry bush. I'd let you be but assisting a kidnapper is bad." Zyrn said slowly, tired and in pain. Perhaps too much in pain to think super clearly.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    HP: 1
    AC: 12
    Attack Roll:
    (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage:
    (1d10+1)[8]
    Crit:
    (1d10+1)[3]
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-10-27 at 05:45 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    The witch comes from out behind the trees and seeing her enemies all closely together with very few of her allies in their midst cast a spell to make them sleep. Three Claw and Wandering Storm are the only ones still awake to hear the loud painful sounding thump as Moowgli falls to the ground, looking a bit more naturally unconscious than the other two.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BW moves from AG16 to AF19 and casts Sleep. Creatures in the area: Deshy, AS1, Zyrn, Three Claw, and Moowgli.
    Deshy, AS1, Zyrn, and Moowgli fall asleep.
    Moowgli falls and takes 2 bludgeoning damage, being rendered unconscious.
    BW then moves from AF19 to AF22.

    Moowgli succeeds on a death saving throw.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-27 at 06:10 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw tries to wake up Zyrn and to keep an eye on the witch.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    One of the deer stamps hard down onto Deshy, knocking her out properly and moves over to Priya who had tried to whip it before. A moment later though, Deshy somehow recovers from this blow and awakens, conscious once more. The other deer, tries to attack Three Claw as he wakes Zyrn up, but he parries its blow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dr2 Bites Deshy for 6 damage. Deshy is now unconscious. Then moves from Y21 to Y22.

    Dr1 moves from Z20 to Z19 and Bites at Three Claw, missing.

    Priya Rees Whips Dr2, missing.

    Deshy....rolls a nat20 on her Death save and regains 1 hp.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-10-31 at 02:35 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Wandering Storm adjusts his position and raises the coal. <Fire consume thee> He incants brandishing the coal towards the a deer.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move from S21 to U23 and cast fire bolt against DR1

    attack - (1d20+5)[11]
    damage - (1d10-3)[6]
    if crit - (1d10)[8]
    Last edited by 1ring42; 2019-10-31 at 04:09 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Unfortunately, Wandering Storm's bolt flies right past where the deer was just before it moved to attack Three Claw.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fire bolt misses.

    E succeeds on a death saving throw.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn shook her head as she stands, damn witch. They needed to end this before it got out of hand. People were hurt and she was barely concious herself.

    "Someone get towards Priya before she gets hurt. I would but this deer and bush have be held back." Zyrn said loudly, regainine balance and swinging her greatsword at Dr1. After the deer passes out, Zyrn moves from Z18 to Z20.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Attack:
    (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage:
    (1d10+1)[11]
    Crit Damage:
    (1d10+1)[8]

    AC: 12
    HP: 1
    Last edited by Mai; 2019-10-31 at 07:05 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Zyrn knocks out a deer with a powerful blow and closes on the remaining one. A moment later the witch scrambles from the south back north again, casting a sickening ray at Three Claw which he barely manages to endure, before she takes cover again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dr1 KO'd.

    BW moves from AF22 to AG18 and casts Ray of Sickness at level 2 at Three Claw. It hits for 8 poison damage. Three Claw fails his Con save and is poisoned until the end of BW's next turn. BW then moves from AG18 to AI18.

    Moowgli fails a death saving throw.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Three Claw stabs once more at shrub, while fighting the poison raging through his body.
    Spoiler: attack
    Show
    (1d20+5)[7] (1d4+4)[6]

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    A bit away from everyone else Priya smacks a deer with a whip to fend it off.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dr2 misses Priya.

    Priya whips Dr2 for 2 slashing damage.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Dec 2018

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    And now to keep the momentum going. After all, "it is the foolish tactician that fails to maintain their grip on victory once it is within their grasp."

    Wandering Storm thought to himself as he advanced. He incanted in ignan brandishing the coal to release a bolt of lightning at the deer. After all it would be the easiest available target to hit.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving from U23 to Y24 and casting firebolt with lightning damage

    attack - (1d20+5)[23]
    [Roll=damage] 1d10-3[/roll]
    crit - (1d10)[2]
    Last edited by 1ring42; 2019-11-05 at 04:17 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Gunsforhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Having been knocked unconscious in two different ways, Kimiko and D'Shi meet each other on a road to hell.

    I've failed you, says Kimiko. I made a promise I couldn't keep, just like with everyone else...

    I didn't ask for you to help me! D'shi snarls from her makeshift campsite by the roadside. For me, this is normal. I'll deal with it alone like I always do. You're the one with the family and friends to go back to.

    No, I... I can't. I shouldn't! Kimiko turns and starts to walk down the road, no longer paying attention to her surroundings. They're better off without me anyway... even if I've fooled them into not thinking so...

    So what if they are?! D'shi feels dumb if that's the best encouragement she could come up with, but the kid can no longer hear her over her own absurd mumbling anyway. Angered, D'shi scatters dream caltrops on the road in Kimiko's path. She steps right on them in her bare feet and jumps in surprise, only to fall backwards into more caltrops.


    "Whia!" Deshy yelps as she sits up from the prickly bush, which is still thrashing about beneath her. She's brushed and picked through a dozen thorns before she realizes she's back in the real world. Game world. Whatever.

    As her teammates converge on the evil plant, she absentmindedly joins them in finishing it off as she gets her bearings.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bonus Action: None

    Action: Booming Blade
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[5]
    Crit?: (1d3)[3]
    - On hit, 1d8-2 thunder if it moves

    Move: None

    Status:
    HP: 1/9
    L1 Spells: 0/2
    Effects: Just woke up miraculously!


    She spots the moogle on the ground a few meters further. "Is Moowgli okay?" She asks Zyrn next to her. "Is anyone going after the jynx?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-11-08 at 05:44 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.
    Avatar by the Ninja Chocobo.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy: Chaos Crystal [IC]

    Deshy gets up and breaks the shrub the rest of the way apart.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AS1 dies.

    E succeeds a death saving throw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •