New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default The EL PASO CHIHUAHUAS! I have found the best sportsball team ever!

https://www.milb.com/el-paso

The EL PASO CHIHUAHUAS!
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-08-14 at 08:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The EL PASO CHIHUAHUAS! I have found the best sportsball team ever!

You really think they beat the Banana Slugs?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

You are clearly unaware of the Montgomery Biscuits, who captured my heart long ago.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #4

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I had Chihuahuas growing up. My older sisters Chihuahua was named Chico . . . as is this mascot.

Chico was a great little guy. He would howl when my sister played the flute. He played tug-of-war to the point that you could lift him into the air and he would hold on. He loved ice tea, and TUMS . . . not sure how he got his first one. He would become quite confused going though the dive-though at the bank, and would always expect them to give us hamburgers.

I totally want some El Paso Chihuahuas gear!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkrose50 View Post
    He would become quite confused going though the dive-though at the bank, and would always expect them to give us hamburgers.
    That's amazing.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

6. - Top - End - #6

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You are clearly unaware of the Montgomery Biscuits, who captured my heart long ago.
    I love it!

-----

Chihuahuas are funny. We had one that would chase the neighbors Doberman pincher around the yard (she was fearless). We had one that was afraid of the outside, and would hug the wall of the house (I wonder if a bird of prey swooped at her at some point). We had one that would do attack runs from under a couch to my friends legs, bite on the pants and retreat back to under a couch.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I love it!
    Obviously I'm going to also mention the Biscuit Lid, the winner of the Design a Hat contest they had going (I voted for it in every round, and it was pretty close for a while). It is one of the finest pieces of sorts memorabilia headwear in the galaxy.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #8

There are a lot of odd team names out there. One of the schools in the ranching part of the state (since closed and consolidated) was the Salt Licks.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

I once taught at a middle school that was the "Toppers".

...this both made perfect sense in context (small logging town - high school team was the Loggers) and made all of my Big City Friends very amused/appalled.

10. - Top - End - #10

I had Chihuahuas growing up. My older sisters Chihuahua was named Chico . . . as is this mascot.

Chico was a great little guy. He would howl when my sister played the flute. He played tug-of-war to the point that you could lift him into the air and he would hold on. He loved ice tea, and TUMS . . . not sure how he got his first one. He would become quite confused going though the dive-though at the bank, and would always expect them to give us hamburgers.

I totally want some El Paso Chihuahuas gear!
    There's a shop link at the bottom of the page. Go buy some. And after that...

Pix plz!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    I once taught at a middle school that was the "Toppers".
    I've seen the Toppers play, they're not very good.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!