New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1175 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I'm sorry, who are we talking about dying again? The name seems familiar, but I can't quite recall where I heard it.
    He's that guy who did that thing with that stuff in that place, I think?
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm sorry, who are we talking about dying again? The name seems familiar, but I can't quite recall where I heard it.
    I think he had this thing with some undead dude, a lich or something, and he wanted a romance with him or something, he had this color changing, eye I think? Like one eye was blue or something, I dunno.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I think he had this thing with some undead dude, a lich or something, and he wanted a romance with him or something, he had this color changing, eye I think? Like one eye was blue or something, I dunno.
    What? That's Tsukiko. Everyone knows her. It's like...um...something about an empire? I don't think it lasted long though, so he probably wasn't very strong or meaningful. I mean, what kind of a fool just rules an empire for a year then gives up?
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

4. - Top - End - #364

What? That's Tsukiko. Everyone knows her. It's like...um...something about an empire? I don't think it lasted long though, so he probably wasn't very strong or meaningful. I mean, what kind of a fool just rules an empire for a year then gives up?
    How could I forget Tsukiko, she's the bestest character ever! Anyone why are we talking about this fellow? He's not even in the comic and we never go talk about people who aren't mentioned are appearing in this specific comic discussion.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

How could I forget Tsukiko, she's the bestest character ever! Anyone why are we talking about this fellow? He's not even in the comic and we never go talk about people who aren't mentioned are appearing in this specific comic discussion.
    I'm pretty sure he was in the comic somewhere, though. Not this one, of course.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

-Squire Doodad

6. - Top - End - #366

I don't know, maybe he was in one of those Star Wars X-Wing books I never read, that would explain why we're talking about him.

7. - Top - End - #367

Lizardfolk

At least he was in a comic....
    Or at least, was thought up by a comic writer....
    Or by someone who new about the existance of comics in general....
    maybe.....
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

8. - Top - End - #368

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    At least he was in a comic....
    Or at least, was thought up by a comic writer....
    Or by someone who new about the existance of comics in general....
    maybe.....
    I don't get the joke. Why are we pretending not to know the dashing rogue who Elan sees as a father figure? He’s the best character ever, and the master of stories! He even has an airship!

9. - Top - End - #369

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I don't get the joke. Why are we pretending not to know the dashing rogue who Elan sees as a father figure? He’s the best character ever, and the master of stories! He even has an airship!
    Wait we were talking about the greatest and most appearing mentor figure who is more important than Obi-Wan and deserves a prequel book and him and Nale and is the epitome of Chaotic Neutral, Julio Scoundrel? I apologize if that's what we were doing, I thought it was some Lawful Evil nobody.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait we were talking about the greatest and most appearing mentor figure who is more important than Obi-Wan and deserves a prequel book and him and Nale and is the epitome of Chaotic Neutral, Julio Scoundrel? I apologize if that's what we were doing, I thought it was some Lawful Evil nobody.
    I do recall the guy having some sort of family relation to Elan, so except for the Lawful Evil and the Empire part it's probably Julio.

-Squire Doodad

11. - Top - End - #371

HalflingRogueGuy

I do recall the guy having some sort of family relation to Elan, so except for the Lawful Evil and the Empire part it's probably Julio.
    We must be taking about Julio. He’s the kind of character that really drives the story.

This lawful evil no-name you’re taking about sounds like a prop instead of a character. He’s like the minor villain who gets killed off before the opening credits. They just exist to give he audience a way to see how awesome Julio is.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    We must be taking about Julio. He’s the kind of character that really drives the story.

This lawful evil no-name you’re taking about sounds like a prop instead of a character. He’s like the minor villain who gets killed off before the opening credits. They just exist to give he audience a way to see how awesome Julio is.
    Yeah, maybe the no-name would get a name and minor story in a Julio/Nate prequel book but he'll never appear again in the online comic, while Julio probably has at least 100 more appearances left.

13. - Top - End - #373

Lizardfolk

Yeah, maybe the no-name would get a name and minor story in a Julio/Nate prequel book but he'll never appear again in the online comic, while Julio probably has at least 100 more appearances left.
    We were talking about JULIO? Well. I though I was talking about some probably nonexistant dude with sword. Julio is obviously the best charcter inall of creation. And he still won't answer my calls...
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

14. - Top - End - #374

We were talking about JULIO? Well. I though I was talking about some probably nonexistant dude with a sword. Julio is obviously the best charcter inall of creation. And he still won't answer my calls...
    I was surprised by the discovery that Julio was the discussion too, but I agree, though he answers my calls.

15. - Top - End - #375

Lizardfolk

I was surprised by the discovery that Julio was the discussion too, but I agree, though he answers my calls.
    I think that him ignoring me is because I once ate the last biscuit in his biscuit tin (I then prayed for forgiveness for such a sin for months afterward.) or because I almost killed his entire family, and nearly ended the world...

Personally I think the former...
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

That sight is dynamite.

16. - Top - End - #376

I think that him ignoring me is because I once ate the last biscuit in his biscuit tin (I then prayed for forgiveness for such a sin for months afterward.) or because I almost killed his entire family, and nearly ended the world...

Personally I think the former...
    Yeah, I agree with your reasoning.