The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 436
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk following the teachings of Heironeous you race forward towards the devils, one hand holding your Silver holy symbol for a brief moment of prayer while your other lashes out with your masterwork longsword. The Valorous one rewards his followers in many ways, and as a golden aura surrounds your charges, your blade slides in between the devils ribs on the right of Joshua who had just harmed your ally. Black ichor oozing down your blade as it looks down at its chest, confusion on its face. A second later you pull your blade free and raise your shield for the incoming attack that no doubt will follow from his ally as the devil you were fighting fall's lifelessly to the ground.

    You all watch as Meri tries to get a good angle with her bow, however is unable to get around the wall as her arrow digs into the wall inches from where the devil stands mockingly.Crystal having seen the danger of the wall providing cover thanks to her friend takes a step back noticing Daruk seems to have finished off one of the devils inside the room and take aim at the last remaining Knocker devil, firing two quick shots in rapid succession. Both hit their mark dropping the creature in mid swing at Joshua.

    Down south Lord Benedict unaware of what happened in the room above stands valiantly against the forces of evil as he dodges out of the way of two heavy picks being swung at him bringing down his greatsword against the enemy right in front of him. It is a terrible slash, and a reminder to the forces of evil to never challenge a paladin of the Valorous one as both its arms come off spilling more of their black ichorish blood to the ground below. It takes a few more seconds for the Knocker devil to do the same however and as it falls the bolt from Amara's crossbow hits the falling devil, barely missing its true mark.

    Trying to push back the fear inside her Issarel takes slow steadying breaths as she eyes the one remaining devil. Everything seems to slow down in that moment as she focuses wholly on protecting her friends. As she releases her breath, she lets the arrow fly and fly it does as it strikes true. There in the center of its chest lays the arrow, black icor oozing out around the wound. However the final enemy is no fool, and doesn't seem to be willing to go down easy. Instead it turns its back on Lord Benedict and tries to flee to what Timothy has said was the room with the stone chair.

    Spoiler: AoO for Lord Benedict
    Show

    If you roll above a 15 on an attack roll it is dead, roll below and it is rejoining its allies.

    Map

    And you are at the moment out of combat with known enemies to your south.

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Blood drains from Crystal's face in a similar manner to the blood from the corpse as she realises what's happening just out of sight to the south. Putting her fear aside, she breaks into a run, dodging ahead of the fleeing devil.

    "I can hear a ritual in progress! We've got to hurry!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble past devil without AoO DC15: (1d20+8)[20]
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-12-07 at 08:27 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara van Tannin

    "Crystal! Wait!" Amara shouted.

    The woman was going to get herself killed if she ran off on her own.

    Amara fired another crossbow bolt at the devil still in the hallway to try and clear a path for her allies to keep up with Crystal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6]
    damage: (1d8)[4]

    After missing badly, she reloaded and moved a step to the southwest.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-07 at 07:56 AM.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Hearing Crystals call, Joshua runs outside, too. But not before he left a Don't worry, you're save now!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Running outside.
    Spot (1d20-3)[8]
    Listen (1d20-3)[3]

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Benedict takes a swing at the fleeing devil. "No escape for the wicked! Lord Heironeous, guide my blade!"

    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[16]

    Helloooooo greatsword critical. x2 damage. I assume that downs the monster.


    After planting his greatsword firmly into the devil's back...and torso...and just generally rending it into two pieces, Benedict moves to follow Crystal so that she doesn't engage the enemy alone.
    Last edited by Janwin; 2019-12-09 at 10:35 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    "There, you malevolent beast!" The thing with those zealous Heironites is that they lake to make a point of fighting evil, and Daruk is beaming with pride after his mortal strike. "A rituwhat?" Daruk, somewhat preoccupied with basking in his own glory, heeds Crystal´s words and hobbles after her as fast as his legs can carry his armour-encumbered person "...hey...".

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move down as far as I can in a round.

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Mood Setting Music

    Crystal as you rush ahead of everyone, rushing towards the sounds of a ritual you run past the devil facing Benedict and slide easily under the pick it tries to slash at you. As you go deeper into the mine the stones here seem darker, colder, as if some evil force has infused them with its energy somehow. Somewhere deeper inside the cavern you find yourself facing you can hear the sounds of a single voice rising above all the rest. However the darkness is this creatures ally, and all but a single torch has been put out in this section of the mine. The sounds of four voices calling out for help, three male and a single female can be heard. However what seems like an army of enemies stand in your way. Most hiding in the darkness, using the carved pillars of stone to hide behind.

    Amara taking a shot at the devil as it swings at Crystal as she passes by proves to no avail as you call out to her to wait for you as you reload your crossbow for no doubt a very dangerous fight. Thankfully Benedict is there with his greatsword as your bolt and Crystal fleeing past it catches the creature off guard allowing the paladin to deliver a mighty blow as he cleaves the creature in two, its black ichor like blood spilling forth onto the floor, the body however remains.

    Benedict soon rushes after an is greeted by the same sight as Crystal though his eyes can see the evil within each of the beings before him, and the mass host they are. As well as what appears to be their leader in the back. Sadly while he is able to detect them, he is unable to pinpoint and direct the archers where to shoot accurately without a light source, both of which are being carried by Joshua and Daruk who are approaching as fast as they can.

    Spoiler: Boss Fight
    Show
    I will ask everyone to roll initiative for this as it is the last battle of the mine
    Countdown clock set on 4 before something may happen

    Knockers act on initiative 20
    Boss on Initiative 10

    Map

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara

    With all the others making a racket charging up the middle,
    Amara stepped south and east and let off another arrow, trying to keep the enemies in the corridor to the west from closing in behind her friends.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack the devil in e20:
    (1d20+4)[22]
    (1d8)[8]
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[4]

    Going forward please roll initiative for us.
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    ((Initiative 8)).
    Daruk moves forwards to give himself a central position ((N22, move action)). Everyone is still bolstered by the protective impulse of holy energy Daruk had sent forward ((+2 sacred to AC, some 7 rounds remaining)). Raising his holy symbol he again fills you with divine determination "Be strong and cast this evil from this mine, my friends!" ((Bless, standard action, +1 morale to attack and save vs fear)).

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    (1d20-6)[8]
    Last edited by JShield; 2019-12-10 at 05:25 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Benedict rushes forward to the edge of the available light, making as direct a path as he can toward the strongest evil presence in the room and trusting that the light will keep pace.

    "Those in the back, beware two that may flank from the western hallway! The rest of us, press forward!"

    He takes a swing at a devil, seeking to clear the path.

    Spoiler: Actions - Initiative 6
    Show
    Move: Move to P24 via O23 to avoid AoO
    Attack: (1d20+7)[13] vs Q23
    Damage: (2d6+6)[12]

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Joshua, with his everburning torch in one hand and his whip in the other, moves into the room, spending light and drawing as much benefit out of his whip, as possible.

    Shoulder to shoulder with Daruk, he supports his team with light and attacks when a devil is in range of his weapon.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    moving to M22 and striking L22 (if its a devil or something not tied up). He wont attack if the target is immobilized somehow.
    Attack (1d20+6)[14] damage (1d10+3)[8]

    Able to do 3 AoOs
    1) Attack (1d20+6)[17] damage (1d10+3)[10]
    2) Attack (1d20+6)[20] damage (1d10+3)[8]
    3) Attack (1d20+6)[15] damage (1d10+3)[4]

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    "Someone get a light on the ritual!" Crystal calls out, taking a step forward and firing arrows at visible devils.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rapid Shot:(1d20+3)[10]+1PBD -2DA -2RS, +1B
    Damage: (1d8+8)[16]
    Miss chance if required 21 or over hits: (1d100)[24]

    Rapid Shot:(1d20+3)[10]+1PBD -2DA -2RS, +1B
    Damage: (1d8+8)[10]
    Miss chance if required 21 or over hits: (1d100)[95]

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Crystal
    Enemies
    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel
    Enemy Leader
    Lord Benedict
    Daruk
    Amara


    Map


    Crystal as you call out to the others to bring a light source forward so that you can fight the enemies you draw two arrows in rapid succession and fire them off around the corner at the devil nearest you. However both arrows miss their mark by a small margin, embedding themselves deeply into the wall behind the devil which causes it to look at you with concern before hefting its mining pick and bringing it crashing down hard in a mighty overhead swing as it steps forward trying to stop you from using your bow.

    Spoiler: Knocker P23 Attack
    Show
    17 to hit for 9 damage


    Another devil comes rushing forward out of the western corridor and with practiced easy Joshua flicks his wrist, sending his whip crackling towards it. The creature so caught off guard by such an exotic weapon doesn't even have a chance to raise any kind of defense as the dagger at the end of the whip slices into its throat before being pulled back. Black ooze gushes from the fatal wound as the Knocker devil holds onto the wound, slowly crumbling to the floor very much dead.

    The next few devils try to rush at the group, trying to catch them by surprise, however once again Joshua catches another off guard with his incredible reach dropping a second enemy. However the third one manages to slip by Joshua's defense taking only a minor cut as he tries to return the favor. Trying his best to stop the group from pushing forward, however the devils pick goes wide as one of his allies follows close behind a bit more cautious and tries to swipe at Joshua's weapon arm.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    16 to hit for 6 damage


    A third enemy springs out from the shadows, slashing wildly at Daruk, trying to stop the priest from using his magic against them.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    18 to hit for 4 damage


    Slowly Joshua begins to find himself being surrounded by enemies as another enemy arrives out of the darkness swinging with all its strength as it tries to bring down the foe who had slain its brothers.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    14 to Hit 7 Damage


    And while one more potbellied devil arrives with its horns raised and long beard hanging, it is unable to strike at their most hated enemy it seems for now this is all the foes that are against you.

    Surrounded by foes, Joshua and Lord Benedict try to face off the tides of evil, however neither can land a decisive blow against their foes. Seeing their struggle Daruk calls forth to his god who blesses all of you with valor and courage to stand strong against this seemingly endless tide of evil forces.

    To the east Amara can hear something trying to sneak up on her as she fires a shot off with her bow slaying another devil and giving her allies a bit of breathing room.

    In the center of the room a battle rages on, as the chanting continues, however the enemies seem well hidden in their shadows using the darkness to their advantage.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-12-10 at 06:57 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Issarel Clanyr

    Blood, so much blood, her arrow strikes true and she is touched by sadness. Even it is some foul entity, Issarel has killed again, and it reminds her of a time when the blood was far more innocent.
    Moved, Issarel dances down the corridor, performing "The Mourning Of Ellistree", an epic dance of the bow to inspire her comrades.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Action: Move to P18
    Standard Action: Inspire Courage

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Knocking another arrow, Merienda hustles forward and fired at the devil on her right.

    "Joshua, toss Calendi your torch! Let's get some light down there!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Calendi will ready an action to catch a torch if Joshua throws it, then move to the ceiling around O28 ish

    Merienda moves to N20 and attacks the devil in L21

    Attack: (1d20+4)[16]

    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    It seems only fitting as so much blood is spilled in this mine that you should perform The Mourning Of Ellistree as you dance easily in one of the corridors, covering your allie's option of retreat should it be needed. All of this seemed all to familiar to you, the fighting and killing, innocents dying, and for what reason besides someone wanted power? These questions and more poor into your head as a voice calls out from the darkness, pleading for something not to happen.

    Joshua being surrounded by enemies on all sides with no end in sight was never a good thing, however it is clear your allies will not abandon you as an arrow flies past your shoulder and buries itself deep into the devil's chest that had been trying to flank you previously. Looking up you can make out Calendi hiding among the stalagmites in the ceiling of the cave, seemingly waiting for you with an intelligence uncommon of a bird.

    It is at that moment a desperate plea can be heard by all in the common tongue. "Please I'll do anything just don't kill me. I'll tell you where Alberich keeps the good stuff, you can have it all just please..." however whatever else he was about to say is seemingly cut off, and instead gurgling chocking sounds can be heard as well as a high pitched scream of pure terror. Once more the echoing ritual like chorus begins to speed up as a shadowy figure moves from one of the pillars hidden in shadows, to another, hiding behind it one could guess.

    Round 2

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show


    Crystal
    Enemies
    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel
    Enemy Leader
    Lord Benedict
    Daruk
    Amara

    Map


    As you all try to fight for your lives, and what has become clear the lives of whoever is being kept prisoner to the south a faint reddish glow begins to appear and with it the smell of brimstone. The walls around you begin to make a drumming like sound much like a heartbeat, syncing perfectly with the ritual.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-12-12 at 12:42 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    "Sir Benedict, I think you're needed in the front lines," Crystal days, stepping back and firing off two more arrows. "Try and cut me a path down their east flank!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Targeting easternmost nearby devil, working west as they fall. Trying to cut a hole in their flank, basically.

    Rapid Shot:[roll] -2DA -2RS, +1B
    Damage: [roll]

    Rapid Shot:[roll]+1PBD -2DA -2RS, +1B
    Damage: [roll]

    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-12-12 at 05:52 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    As Crystal calls out her plan to the others, she lets two arrows off in quick succession, each piercing the devil's flesh, its black blood pooling around the wounds as it drops to the floor dead. The question is how many of these things can you put down before the ritual is completed as a small hole opens up on their eastern flank.

    Amara you watch as one of the devil's comes around the eastern flank trying to catch you off guard with an attack, however it is very clearly not very skilled in combat.

    Spoiler: U21
    Show
    Attack 6 for 8 damage (not that it hit lol)


    As the sounds of battle pick up where Amara is standing the group sees one of the devil's trying to flank them, and if one could do it no doubt another may be trying to as well from the other side. To find out for sure though Benedict would have to turn his gaze away from the foes before him and his allies.

    Joshua and Daruk as the swarm of enemies surrounds you, a new foe appears from the shadows, filling in the hole your ally recently created. With a mighty swing it tries to bring all of its force down upon Daruk's shoulder, hoping to make him drop the torch so the light could be extinguished.

    Spoiler: o23
    Show

    Attack 22 Damage 4


    As one of the foes steps behind Joshua to begin to flank him with his allies another devil comes out of the shadows, charging wildly with its pick raised high. Before all of its allies swarm at the warrior, trying to avenge their fallen kin he had slain only moments ago.

    Spoiler: L23
    Show

    Attack 20 vs Joshua for 6 Damage


    Spoiler: L22
    Show
    Attack 23 Vs Joshua for 6 Damage


    Spoiler: M23 Flanking vs Joshua
    Show
    Attack 16 for 6 damage


    Spoiler: M21 Flanking Joshua
    Show
    Attack 9 for 6 Damage


    Daruk fairs only a little better, as he is beset by two foes trying to bring the mighty priest down and buy their leader time to complete his ritual.

    Spoiler: N23
    Show
    Attack 17 for 8 damage


    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

    Crystal
    Enemies

    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel

    Enemy Leader
    Lord Benedict
    Daruk
    Amara

    Map

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Sorry, Merienda, not now... he says silently. Two hits in a row is almost more than he could stand. Almost. But for now, he is standing, he has his weapon in his hand and a comrade needs to pass them and fight at the front.

    Joshua breathes in. Deep. It could be his last breathing, but thats ok. If he could clear the path for Benedict. This and his death won't be useless.
    And it's not yet the time to think about coming home, into Mothers arms. Not yet.

    He shows no fear. Instead of running away, he attacks again, with a determination on his face which could scare one or another. The devil in front of Benedict (O23) is the target of his whip he let go down with a crack

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    ATTACK (1d20+7)[23] Damage (1d6+4)[10]


    While his Whip goes down, he speaks a curse at a devil >in front of Daruk (N23) if O23 dead, or at O23 if still alive<

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Dreadful Wrath: Will DC14 or shaken.
    Hexblade's Curse: Will DC16 or –2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour thereafter

    If still alive and they are provoking AoOs:
    1) ATTACK (1d20+7)[12] Damage (1d6+4)[9]
    2) ATTACK (1d20+7)[8] Damage (1d6+4)[8]
    3) ATTACK (1d20+7)[25] Damage (1d6+4)[10]


  20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2016

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Merienda can't help but wince as the devils cut into Joshua. He likely won't last much longer, and if he can't hold the front line, the others will fall quickly.

    "The wand... Calendi, the wand!" Meri holds her bow to the side and calls out to her companion in elven as she points to Crystal.

    The bird of prey gives her a curious turn of his head, then swoops down and aggressively searches Crystal's pockets for the healing wand. He pulls it out from her pocket in his beak, and flaps over to Meri.

    She breaths a small sigh of relief, steps closer to Joshua, and taps him between the shoulder blades and allows the magic to fix the devils' wounds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1)[8]

    Posting away from the map, but if I remember it correctly, I should be able to move to Joshua without getting in the range of any enemies.

    Edit: Aw yeah, the heals have arrived. If the gods don't bless our attack rolls, at least they can bless our healing ones.
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2019-12-12 at 05:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Issarel Clanyr

    Caught in the throws of the dance, Issarel realizes there is no time. The source of the chanting in too far away, the picks piercing the sweet flesh of Joshua too many. If she had time, she might deduce the meaning of the babble these demons were emitting, and come up with some suitable counter. Damn them, there was only the moment and the dance, and the sands of time were falling like Joshua's blood. It was as unintelligable as the babble of the toilet demon....

    Issarel flips into the fray, firing an arrow as she screams a challenge at the demons.

    Glupyy , demonom kak ty smeyesh' nazyvat' menya el'f!! YA potroshu tebya kak svin'yu i budu pirovat' v tvoyem mozgu!

    Spoiler: OOC and Combat
    Show
    Moving 5' step with a flourish to P20 and firing at N23 demon
    To Hit: (1d20+5)[7]
    To Damage: (1d8+1)[7] Sneak Damage (if applicable, doubtful)(1d6)[4]
    Intimidate/Distract (for my badly garbled and potentially confusing insult: (1d20+4)[11]

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Joshua bleeding profusely onto the ground you stare down each of the devils surrounding you, your mind set. You will not run from a fight, and you are sure in your heart that the Mother herself is with you now saying it is not yet your time to go. Swirling your whip around in a dazzling display of mastery each of the devils takes a momentary step back as their eyes try to follow it back and forth whipping around feverishly. Each movement is precise however and in your minds eye you see the constellation of Mother fully as your whip follows the exact points. As it reaches its last mark you feel a tremendous pull of magic rush through you directing the blade at the end towards the devil blocking the paladin's path and strike it down dead, the color seeming to drain from its body unlike each and every other foe slain here this day.

    As a group you all watch as the remaining devils are physically shaking, the looks on their faces a clear thought of retreat into the darkness. That is the moment Merienda and her trusted companion make their move as a group the eagle(?) swoops down to Crystal and takes the wand from her pack. As this is going on Merienda moves around the distracted devil behind Joshua who weakly tries to strike at her out of sheet habit failing to even come close. A second later the wand from earlier is seen falling from the sky, Calendi dropping it as she returns to the safety of the ceiling. In one fluid motion Merienda catches the wand and uses it to heal Joshua's wounds. You all note however that it seems to glow in a faint light as it grows closer to Joshua, as if the powers within it are reacting to him somehow. And as a great deal of his wounds close you can suspect that he is truly blessed by the Mother who's symbol is clear upon the wand.

    Amara you watch as Issarel appears around the corner and fires an arrow at the devil before you, and while the arrow goes wide its face turns into one of puzzlement and confusion as it looks at your ally.

    Spoiler: @Amara
    Show
    Due to it being distracted if you make a melee attack against it next round it is at advantage. I know thats a 5e thing, but it makes sense in this situation. Go Issarel.


    With everyone still tied up with the what you would guess to be lesser devils, the chanting continues along as once more pleas of mercy are heard and ignored. And while you cannot see what has happened you can visually imagine the outcome as you see the shadowy figure moving in the darkness once more to another pillar, the cries from where it was previously hiding having gone silent. You also note that the air itself is starting to take on a coppery like taste, as if you were tasting blood. The glowing red light seems to become less transparent as the stone chair is engulfed in the light now, sigils slowly forming upon the chair of some unknown nature written in blood and what appears to be some kind of living fire.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5ft. around the stone chair is now light up as if a candle was there and thus you can see three lines of blood leading to the chair clearly.

    Spot check please DC 15
    To have an idea about the runes Knowledge Arcane or the Planes

    Crystal
    Enemies
    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel
    Enemy Leader
    Lord Benedict
    Daruk
    Amara


    Map

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Amara

    Beginning to hyperventilate in fear, Amara took a step back and fired an arrow at the devil in front of her, then reloaded her crossbow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+5)[24] inc bless.
    (1d8)[2]
    TC for short

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Daruk

    Internally he was trembling like a leaf. This is the kind of evil one hopes only exists in lands or times far, far away. Conscious of his position as an agent of Heironeous, he shows only resolve and steadfastness on the outside. "Press on, my friends, the light shall conquer!"

    "Lord, guide my sword and my judgement", he cries out as he fills himself with sacred combat prowess ((law devotion, +3 to attack rolls)), and lunges forwards to deliver a blow to the demon in front of him.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show

    Assuming a +1 from bless and a +3 from law devotion for a +9 to attack

    (1d20+9)[12], damage (1d8+2)[10], crit confirm if 28 or 29: (1d20+9)[16], bonus damage (1d8+2)[5]

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    "They're killing the hostages to fuel the ritual!" Crystal realises. "Sir Benedict we have to stop them!"

    Crystal tries to dodge away from the devil next to her, avoiding it's swipe more by luck than design, nearly tripping over her own feet in the process, the awkward stumble causing the vicious pick to skitter off her leathers. She dashes around the devils' opened flank, easily dodging another strike from the shaken devil there. Finding herself in open space once more she lines up a shot on the shadowy figure of the shaman and fires!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (1d20+5)[25] +1PBS, -2DA, +1B
    Damage: (1d8+11)[12] +1PBS, +4DA +2FE, +1IC
    Miss chance 21+ hits (1d100)[59]

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    With as much of a hole as there could be, and his allies' insistence (and the ritual's appearance) of there being no time, Lord Benedict follows Crystal through the gap and weaves his way through the pillars giving a wide berth to any presences he senses. Unfortunately, all of his effort is put into getting to his foe and weaving around the pillars, and he is not able to get a swing in. However, there is now at least an angry paladin wielding a greatsword adjacent to the shaman.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Full-Round Action: Run (120 ft of movement in armor)
    O22->O23->P24->O25->L25->L28

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Round 3

    Fear is a powerful emotion, it sharpens the senses on one hand, however makes it harder to focus on the other. Taking a step back and firing your crossbow you watch as the bolt sinks into the devil's flesh, however it does not seem to be stopping as it simply looks at the bolt before turning back to you with a smile on its face. Taking another step forward, following your movement it swings with its pick trying to knock your weapon out of your hands as the sound of a child crying out in fear starts to echo all around you.

    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack 13 for 7 Damage


    On the otherside of the room Daruk to struggles with his own fears, however he has countless years of teachings to call upon, and as he does so he calls forth a simple prayer to the Lord of Valor. A moment later his sword glows with a faint light, and the air around it seems to almost be electrified. Taking a swing with the weapon the devil jumps out of the way in time wary of your glowing weapon and afraid of what it can possibly do to it. As such it tries to reteat away from you.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    AoO vs N23 Knocker Devil, if you fail to hit/kill him he is moving over to Crystal and attacking her for an 18 to hit for 8 damage


    Crystal being a guard and lead investigator in your own town you know the value of life and that sometimes it is to late when you get on the job for you to be of any help. However at this moment that is not the case, rushing forward you look down the sight of your bow, training your aim on the shadowy figure with a weapon in its hand. Breathing in you draw the bow back as far as it can, and with your breath leaving you release the bowstring sending the arrow flying into the darkness. Due to their being so little light you cannot see your arrow strike the creature, however the distinct thump sound of it piercing into its flesh, and the momentary staggering in the ritual tells you that you have hurt the creature performing the ritual.

    Benedict as you rush towards the sound of chanting you jump over the pick swinging at your legs trying to make you tumble before avoiding the other evil presence in the darkness. Your target is clear as it shines brighter then all the rest of the aura's in this place, seemingly as powerful as the creature that almost killed all of you earlier. When you arrive before the creature at last it is hard to fully tell what you see before you. As it appears to look like all the other creatures you have been fighting up until this point, the only difference seeming to be that it holds a bloody dagger in its hand and some kind of macabre headdress on.

    The two remaining prisoners seem to be a finely dressed woman on the next pillar in line, and a middle aged man. Oddly enough the woman seems to generate a small amount of evil, barely detectable.

    Joshua still surrounded on all sides, the two devil's flanking you try their best to hit you, though it is clear they are unsure if this is a fight they can win anymore as their hands seem to shake while holding their weapons. And as they each try to strike at you it is clear they are still to nervous and shaken from your last attack to do anything just yet as both attacks go wide.

    Spoiler: M21 and 23
    Show

    Attack from cursed 5 so a miss
    Attack from not cursed 10 so two misses


    The two remaining devils turn their attention to Meri who has just seemed to take their food from them, and begin their assault on the druid trying to make it so she cannot use that wand of hers again as one of the picks crashes down into her shoulderblade, trying to drive her down into the ground with bone shattering force.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    L23 5ft steps to K22(thus not proking an AoO) and swings for a nat 20 with a 20 for confirmation for a total of 16 points of damage
    L22 Attack 17 for 7 damage


    Benedict from the shadows to the right comes another foe, trying to distract you long enough for its ally to get away from you and complete the ritual. However due to your armor it merely scratches the metal, not coming close to piercing it.

    Spoiler: Important
    Show

    Crystal
    Enemies

    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel

    Enemy Leader
    Lord Benedict
    Daruk
    Amara

    Map
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-12-18 at 03:41 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Joshua is happy and glad, that they not only missed him, instead he recieved healing, too. But at what price? Now Meri has all the attention and suffered hard from it.

    A short view at the general situation, and intuitive he made a plan: he throws his everburning torch up high Calendi, now!, continued shouting to his comrades From my position: Iss, 12:00 [M21], Daruk, 9:00 [L22]. Then he takes a 5ft step and attacks one of the devils threatening Meri
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: throw torch
    Free action shout
    Free action 5ft step to L23
    Standard action attack devil at K22 (1d20+7)[11] damage (1d6+3)[8] with IC from Iss

    If thye provoke AoOs:
    (1d20+7)[15] damage (1d6+3)[9]
    (1d20+7)[10] damage (1d6+3)[5]
    (1d20+7)[17] damage (1d6+3)[7]

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Joshua as you throw your everburning torch up into the air and call out for Calendi you see a great shadow pass over you before it vanishes along with the light briefly as it moves up higher from where it was once held. With both hands now available to you you begin barking directions which Issarel seems to agree with as she lets an arrow lose from her position catching the devil in the throat, letting it fall to the ground very much dead.

    With the enemy dropped that Joshua told her to attack, and the biggest threat being the shaman from what Crystal was saying, the assassin moves into position, hiding behind one of the many large stone stalagmites in the room that go from the ceiling to the floor as a natural pillar.

    Spoiler: Important
    Show

    Crystal
    Enemies

    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel

    Enemy Leader
    Lord Benedict
    Daruk
    Amara

    Map

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground
     
    dantiesilva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Through the door of Angels

    Merienda as your elven blood slowly flows from your pierced side you look at the few options available to you. You could stand and try to fight still, however this would no doubt simply result in the devils before you finishing you off for good, no doubt adding to the power of their dark ritual. With this in mind you take a step back, ordering Calendi to fly forward so your allies can see their foes while you way your options. You could use the wand now, everyone here knows you need it, however what would happen to the others then? No there is no other option, you have to use your magic. To hold back now will no doubt be the end of you and all of your new found allies.

    Calling out to your Mother Ophelia to lend your friends the speed of a serpent, a transparent emerald green serpent travels forth, seeming sliding down your hand as it does so, to Daruk. For a moment it is as if the two of you are connected, and in that instant you give your friend a second chance to strike down the fiend before him.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    5ft step to M20
    Standard Action to cast Snakes Swiftness of Daruk


    Down below Benedict is assaulted by the devil behind him, trying to keep him distracted as the shaman takes a step away before raising its obsidian stone dagger which is at this point covered in blood, and stabs it into the mans heart that was tied to the pillar he is standing in front of. With a hint of pure joy the shaman takes a quick peek at the light that now turns a dark crimson color as a humanoid shape made of shadow begins to take shape upon the throne.

    Only the last person remains, now clearly visible, it is the woman from the missing posters, and at her feet is a small red snake, killed earlier no doubt. Her clothes seem tattered and it is clear she has been treated the worse out of all the prisoners, however something is different about her to Benedict's eyes alone. He sense's a powerful aura of pure evil coming off of her to match the shaman's, something her pleading brown eyes keep hidden from all of you as tears stream down her face. It is clear she has been struggling for a while now as blood drips from her wrists from where she has tried to break free of the chains holding her.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Crystal
    Enemies
    Merienda
    Joshua
    Issarel
    Enemy Leader

    Lord Benedict
    Daruk x2
    Amara
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2020-01-01 at 05:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •