New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Through the door of Angels

"Oh." Merienda gives the woman a curious look. She pulls her hand back to take out the letter and reads the first sentence again. "Um, assured?"
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

The young waitress who introduced herself as Laelia nods her head in understanding. "Mom and pop say that they built it like this for that exact reason My Lord." she says guessing off of your attire and steed that you were of noble birth. " How many people could say they had been to an inn that looked like a stable? One that had a stable connected easy, another made to look like a boat, not a problem in a port city. But a stable, now that's something. Plus it would allow those at the wall to feel more comfortable if they saw something familiar like a stable, or so I'm told." she explains to Lord Benedict Shellford IV and anyone else who was caring enough to listen.

Spoiler: To those outside who choose to follow them to the stable
    Show
    A few customer's complain about a the horse being in the building, mostly when it gets to close to their drinks. Thankfully the only tables knocked down are the empty ones, though it does scatter a group of individuals to a table on the other end of the bar to keep away from the horse and its ruckus. After a great deal of effort, and talent on the part of Lord Benedict, Sigfried is once more outside. Laelia begins leading you to the right side of the building where what looks like a large, solid wall, with a small door big enough for a human to walk through stands. "Right this way sir, you are almost there. Might I ask your steeds name?" she asks as she grabs hold of the handle of the door, her back to you, and gives it a solid pull, you note however she doesn't seem to turn anything as she throws all of her weight into pulling the door to the left. After a few tries the wall seems to move, revealing to your surprise a rather clean stable with enough stalls for a total of ten horses. All but two seem to be open at the moment.

Right this way now, oh hi papa." Laelia says as out of one of the closed stalls the old man you had seen earlier in the hunter like garb is revealed. "I'm just showing this here lord where he can place his trusty steed." she explains to her father as he closes the gate to the stall he had been in only moments ago and begins walking over to the two of you at the stall you had choose. "Not often we get Lord types around here. Can't promise your horse will be treated as well as one of those horse trainers for hire, but I have never had a charge in my care ever get hurt from natural causes or bad food." he says to you, not offering a name as he extends his hand out to your horse to inspect.

Spoiler: To those at the bar (RCgothic, El'the Ellie, and thundercracker to my knowledge)
    Show
    As you state your opinion about the riddle the old woman shrugs with a smile. "I suspect Glem expected their employees to show their invitations. The code was merely a safeguard from what I understand. And given you didn't wish to show the letter I had to be sure." Mitéra Iulia explains to you. It is at that time Merienda walks up to you and the two of you exchange a smaller version of the test it seems that was just given. "Well that makes two employees of Glem incorporated. The entire third floor has been rented out for you. If there is anything needed for you all you have to do is ask, within reason of course." the old woman explains as she begins waving the half-elf woman over that Merienda knows as Aurelia.

Thats when a third human woman appears, seeming to be standing roughly inbetween the two of your heights. She has green eyes like many people of the empire, though her red hair does make her stand out a bit. Mitéra Iulia turns her attention to the new comer and replies. "I'm sorry Lady Amara but unless you are in the employment of Glem Incorporated we do not have you as being scheduled to be here." she explains to the ordinary looking person. "We still have rooms available on the second if you are interested." at this time Aurelia, the half-elf makes her way over.

"Yes Mitéra Iulia how may I assist you?"

"I would like you to show our guests up to the penthouse please." the old woman replies looking at Detective Wolfe and Merienda.

Spoiler: @Fliggl
    Show
    As the blasted horse finally gets out of your way you make a beeline for the direction you had heard the smith's when you first entered the town. Walking so close to the wall you notice the houses here are less decorated, and more practical. Built to be sturdy and resist fire no doubt given how close they seem to be the the smithy. As you come to the first one a black haired boy greets you stating that he was the apprentice, and that this was a simple blacksmith's shop, they made simple things like horse shoe's and such, but nothing so difficult as a blade. The second shop says much the same, though instead of simple tools this one sells armor. Which seems a bit odd saying most of his armor's seem to be leather and hide.

At last near the base of the mountain you come to an open forge, a red hot piece of metal glowing against a rune inscribed black anvil as a dwarf who stand's just barely taller then his anvil seems to be hard at work, a rhythm to his hammer strikes. It appears he hasn't noticed you yet, however given all the swords you see hanging on the walls, as well as axes, and tools for mining, you are certain you have made it to the right place.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2019-08-20 at 12:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Greetings Weaponsmith! You're having a kukri and are willing to sell it? Joshua was glad he finally arrived the right smithy.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Amara van Tannin

“Perhaps,” Amara said, “I’m not familiar with Glen incorporated but this should suffice for the room.”

She withdrew the letter with the broken imperial wax seal from her pack and showed it, rolled.

If necessary she would unroll the bottom portion of the letter to show the arrangement of lodging and the golden M and the signature at the bottom.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-08-20 at 12:59 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Then I'm delighted to meet you," Crystal tells Merienda, extending her own hand this time. "I'm sorry for challenging you, but anyone can say 'yes, me too'. My background is in military intelligence, I have to care about these things. Nice to meet you too Calendi," reaching out to stroke the eagle on his head.

Crystal's eyes light up at the idea that she'll be staying in a penthouse, though she tries not to show it. She's about to suggest they follow the half-elf when a high-born teenager walks up and pulls out a letter with an immediately recognisable seal.

"That won't be necessary!" Crystal interjects before the newcomer can hand it over. "She's with us. I'm detective Crystal Wolfe, and this is Merienda and Calendi."

Mentally Crystal makes a note to brief her new companions on what is and isn't appropriate to share with complete strangers.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Amara

“Oh! Well, that sorted itself out nicely,” Amara said with a smile as she stowed the letter again.

“Lady Amara van Tannin, pleasure to meet you Detective,” she said, making sure to make eye contact with the taller woman.

“Merienda,” she added, “and Calendi.”
    She looked mildly curious at Merienda’s distinctive ears, but only for a second.

“Lead on,” she said to the old woman.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"That makes sense then, I suppose. The empire's military is a bit... cautious." Finally, she takes the detective's handshake. Calendi, however, ducks his head around Crystal's hand when she goes to pet him.

"He... takes a bit of time to warm up to strangers. I'll let you know if you should start taking it personally," Meri says with a smile, just before the arrival of another team member. She nods to her, neither of them needing any more introductions, though her eagle seems distracted looking up at something on the ceiling.

"Well, that's almost half of us. Should we wait for the others the letter mentioned? There was a man here for a moment that ran off. He was eccentric, but looked too... nelfiniir. What's the common-tongue word?" She asks, trying to look for the right word and only finding something in elven.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's looking for a word like 'looks prepared for combat', which she gathered from his whip and armor. If someone helps her out, she'll follow up with:

"Yes, that! He looks too [word] to be an ordinary patron. Then again, I could just be looking for shapes in clouds."
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    Spoiler: @Ancient
    Show
    Asking around town two names keep popping up often, while a few others are thrown around every now and then. The Golden M and the Drunken Archer are the two main ones mentioned. The more soldier like people using mentioning the Drunken Archer more often then not, while traders mention the Golden M.

As you look to a broad shouldered individual asking about an inn the man smiles, trying to look impressive as he leans casually against a wooden barrel with a bag of what you might guess to be flower on his shoulder. The Drunken Archer is near the North Gate, lots of us patriots like to go there. Its a rowdy place, but I'll tell you what, come with me and I'll make sure you have a great time." he says to you, waiting for your answer.

Another person, a trader given their trappings seems to look you up and down, trying to judge where to send you before replying. "The golden M is near the center of town. Nice little business they got there, and always kind. The decour takes a bit getting used to though, look for a large building looking like a stable a block away from the center of town and that will be it. If you end up going there tell Mitéra Iulia that Maximus sent you and will be stopping by tonight for a room. She will treat you well." the trader promises before going off on his way towards the markets if you had to guess.

It goes on like this for a while, with a two other names being thrown out, though they sound more like drinking holes then proper inns from how they are described to you. Soon enough you find yourself at the Golden M, and much as you were told it looks like a stable, the knight walking into the barn door with his horse paints the picture perfectly for you, though as you suspect he must be very embarrassed given the decor within from your vantage point. Circling the building a few times you notice only one way out on the ground level, a back door that no doubt is how they bring their trash out into the ally behind the building at night. Someone of your skill could perhaps escape from the second story windows if they were careful and picked the right room. The third floor seems to have its own balcony however, though it would be a very long fall down and would hurt greatly as well as make a lot of noise you note.
    Issarel Clynyr

Issarel politely brushes off the bravo, but commits the man's face and the Drunken Archer to memory, sounded like a good place to recruit muscle should she need some. After completing her survey, she stables her horse outside the inn. Taking the advice of the trader, she seeks out Mitera Iulia.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: @ Fliggl
    Show
    As you call out to the dwarf hammering away at his anvil it takes a few times before he seems to notice you talking to him above the dinging of his hammer on the steel that was slowly losing heat., Holding up, a large callused hand to you to wait for a moment you watch him use a pair of tongs to carry the blade he was shaping over to a barrel filled with some black liquid that he places the blade into. Once he is certain the blade is secure he grabs a rag from a near bench and begins whipping the soot away from his hands. "What's that you say, a kukri?" the dwarf says as he begins to strum his hand through his beard that is braided simply to keep it away from any fires. "Not something we often get asked for, but I believe I have a few. Just a moment." the weaponsmith says as he goes to a leather chest and opens it. As he does so you see hundreds of daggers of all shapes and sizes, which he moves away with a metal glove he has placed on his hand. It seems to have some magical powers you note as the blades seem to move of their own accord until at last three kukri stand at the top of the chest. Taking them out and placing them on the workbench for inspection he waits to see if any catch your eye.

The first seems to be your standard weapon, wooden hit wrapped with leather, nothing really stands out about it. The second is little better, though instead of a wooden hilt it seems as if a hunter perhaps made the handle to this blade as it is made of some kind of horn or perhaps antler. The last is a rather odd blade, it has a simple metal hilt, with what appears to be worked silver into a mostly black handle. The blade has some script on it, however it doesn't appear human at first glance.

Spoiler: Those at the bar
    Show
    As the seal of the emperor is shown Mitéra Iulia nods in acceptance. "Three of seven have arrived, I suggest burning those once you have a free moment. Wouldn't want anyone getting their hands on them. I'll leave the rest to the three of you to find your friends. If there is anything else a simple innkeeper can get you though let one of us know. And as I said before simply ask Aurelia when you are ready to be shown to your rooms." and with that she goes back to work unless anyone asks anything further of her.

Spoiler: @Issarel Clynyr
    Show
    You would thinking finding a place to stable a horse at a building that looks like a stable would be easy, however it takes a bit of searching before you find something secure enough that you trust Summerwind will not be able to break free. As you are doing this you can hear voices from an opened up section of the stable , as well as the sounds of voices coming from behind the barn door. Taking the cue from the other people you saw walk into the barn door you do the same.

Inside you note a group of five people standing around, two of them seem to be the serving staff while the other three seem to be talking to an older woman behind the counter that has to be the owner. Another server, a halfling is moving a few belongings off to a side closet that she locks after placing everything within. A few partons seem to turn their heads to look at you, however quickly return to their meals, and you can almost swear one of them is thanking pelor it is not a knight and his horse again.

"Hello,
    and welcome,
    To the Golden M inn.
    I'm Petronia,
    and I'm Drusa."

Two human females dressed as waitresses say to you, taking turns speaking before in union they say, "How may we help you today?" The younger one has an amusing pixie cut hairstyle framing her face, which make her saucer like emerald green eyes seem to stand out more then they already do. The older lady seems to be a lot more professional, no longer in that girlish stage, with her straight brown hair tied up in a bun out of the way, allowing her intelligent almond shaped green eyes to fully look at the customer and make them feel like they were the only person in the room as she spoke.

"Oh, mom is over there with the others." the younger girl who introduced herself as Petronia says, deflating before the much older girl whispers something in her ear that seems to make her jump right back to her bubbly personality.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Amara

“I would like to see the rooms, if you please,” Amara replied, “if only to drop off my belongings and freshen up. We can meet back down here in... ten minutes to await the others, perhaps over some collop and cheese?”

“Do you take wine?” she asked the other two.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Meri shrugs, her eyes glancing to her own pack that she had placed by the table.

"Might as well get settled, sure. The letter didn't actually say what we were supposed to do or how we were supposed to find that out, so I assume there will be an eighth person joining us that knows more. Could be a while, too, since the letter didn't say when to arrive by.

I ate on the road, but if we're planning on being here all night a drink might be nice."
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2019-08-20 at 10:19 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Looking at the three blades, Joshuas eyes gets bigger and bigger. The first one is a well made knife (as far as he can rell), the second one looks like the smith put more time into making it, but the third one, oh boy, Joshua fells in love with it. Such a masterpiece. How much? he asks, lifting it (the third one) up a bit?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by El'the Ellie View Post
    Meri shrugs, her eyes glancing to her own pack that she had placed by the table.

"Might as well get settled, sure. The letter didn't actually say what we were supposed to do or how we were supposed to find that out, so I assume there will be an eighth person joining us that knows more. Could be a while, too, since the letter didn't say when to arrive by.

I ate on the road, but if we're planning on being here all night a drink might be nice."
    “My thoughts exactly,” Amara replied, “I also ‘ate’ on the road and am definitely looking forward to actual eating.”
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #44

BlackDragon

Issarel Clanyr

Issarel's sensitive ears twitch as the woman whispers into the girl's ear. She thanks Drusa, and presses some coins into the girls hand.

"Thank you sweet, how is your Moondrop? How fresh is the bottle? Be a dear and fetch me a glass."

After being led to Mitera Iulia. Issarel introduces herself and extends a hand.

"Greetings Madame Iulia, I am Issarel Clanyr...I understand arrangements have been for my lodging.
    Last edited by Ancient; 2019-08-22 at 07:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

RangerGuy

Benedict follows Laelia to the actual stables. "His name is Sigfried, and he has been my faithful companion for many years." As she leads him into the stables, he nods satisfied at the condition of the stable. "A most fine stable, indeed. You should be quite proud of what you have accomplished here."

He leads Sigfried into one of the open stalls and sets to work removing the saddle and tending to the horse. As he does so, he chats with the man. "If you and your staff treat the horses in here as well as you maintain the stable, I'm quite certain that Sigfried will be taken care of quite well. It is reassuring to hear that you take pride in your care for the horses."

Sigfried sniffs the man's hand, and then rubs his head against it accepting whatever pets the man wished to give. Clearly, the horse wasn't afraid of much.

"I am Lord Benedict Shellford IV. And you are, good man?"

He works on brushing down the horse while he talks.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

"Mercenary?" Crystal suggests, being fluent in Elvish herself. "If so I think you're probably right - he'll be back. I think we should wait for the others. Our purpose is probably best not discussed in public. But... perhaps we could eat and get to know each other while we're waiting?"

She turns curiously as Issarel approaches - another elf! Two in one place in the empire is enough of a coincidence to raise her suspicions.

"What's the sixth word in your letter?" she challenges, jumping to several conclusions.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-08-22 at 02:44 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Posting from easiest to reply to to hardest as a heads up

Spoiler: @Fliggl
    Show
    As you lift the third kukri up and examine it you notice not a single flaw in the craftsmanship of the weapon. Its weight perfect in your hands. "That there is one of me best works, at least of the nonmagical sort. Made better than any you could get anywhere else and as strong as the stone itself." the dwarf explains to you as he seems to be doing some math in his head. "Given not many people come looking here for kukri's I can drop the price just a little, so lets say 408gp. At that price its a steal." he tells you waiting to here your reply.

Spoiler: @Janwin
    Show
    "Why thank you sir knight. We try our best to make sure the animals in our care our taken care of as well as our paying clients." she explains as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a sugar cube. "May I?" she asks, waiting to see if you say yes before she holds her hand out towards Sigfried with the sugar cube in the center.

As you try to make small chat with the old man in hunters garb he simply shrugs, not seeming to give you the same respect as everyone else has all of your life. "Animals are simple, they never lie to you and so long as you treat them well will never betray you. They are your best friend you can share secrets with and they will never tell a soul." he explains while he waits for Sigfried to accept him. Once done he takes out a brush and starts taking care of him as if he were his own horse. Talking in a soothing hushed voice to Sigfried as if he were the only person in the world at the moment. So it comes as a bit of a shock to him as you state who you are and ask for his own name, no doubt having expected you to leave by now.

"You can simply call me Dennet." he replies, not bothering to turn around from his work.

"Don't mind him, he's always like this until he gets to know someone." his daughter Laelia whispers into your ear before walking over to her father and giving him a hug and kiss. "Now I am going to bring our guest, Lord Benedict Shellford IV back inside now. Okay?" she says to her father waiting to see if either of you had any objections before proceeding to bring you back to the inn proper if all else was settled.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Knowledge History check, or Local

Spoiler: @Amara, Meri, Crystal
    Show
    At the suggestion of freshening up and dropping of your supplies Aurelia, the half-elf waitress with dirty blonde hair, walks over to you. "If you will follow me I will lead you there now." she says waiting to see if anyone will follow. However before you have a chance to act another half-elf joins your group

Spoiler: @Issarel Clanyr
    Show
    "I'm not sure miss, a lot of the travelers seem to like it. I'm not old enough to drink it though mom says so I couldn't tell you. As to how new it is, I know it came with a trader from Tetria port not more then a week ago at most."
    she explains not sure how to describe it anymore then that to you.

Spoiler: @Amara, Meri, Crystal, and Issarel
    Show
    Before Mitéra Iulia even has a chance to reply Crystal begins asking questions about the letter of the new stranger, that for all she knows could be here for a completely different reason. A soldier never let their guard down however, nor their skills dull as she put two and two together, quite literally as she saw the second elf like person asking about a room. The question remained however would she answer?

"Well hello dear, as the young woman has asked it all depends if you are part of Glem or not, if so answering her question will be a lot easier then answering mine. If not, what name is your arrangements under?" she asks waiting to see what you would say. It is at that moment the little girl from earlier, with the pixie haircut, comes running up to you with a glass of Moondrop.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I was traveling for a week, expected to have some wifi/time to post but ended up not really having any.

Daruk

Absent-minded, even more so than usual because of his encounter with his family Daruk lingered around the entrance of the inn. There appeared to be a situation with a horse what, why? oh well.... Daruk never liked the bustling randomness of typical inns, the penetrating smells, loud conversations but most of all the apparent lack of purpose. He made a mental note to add horses to that list. He himself had a purpose, however, and he spurred himself into action. With resolve he entered the inn and approached what he felt must be the patron. "G´day, may name is Daruk. I believe I have a reservation?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Carving an “X“ into the air and a single flip of the knife later, that he holds it by the blade, with the hilt into the dwarfs direction, he says disappointed that's what I thought. My sir, I'm really sorry, but this masterpiece is to expansive right now. I really want to, but I couldn't afford. Here you are, but now I know what to buy when I gathered enough gold. Luckily I'm having a new job offer!

What I have left is about 50gp. This should be more than enough for the first one, right

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Daruk
    Show
    As you approach, the now rather large group of people the old woman behind the counter turns to look at you and listen to your statement. "If you believe you are part of Glem incorporated I would answer detective Wolfe's question she is no doubt about to ask, or show me your invitation. Otherwise I must ask what name were you registered under for your stay?" the old woman asks, seeming to give control over to a woman in fine military garb if you believed you were part of the group she was.

Spoiler: @Joshua
    Show
    As you hand the kukri back to the dwarf behind the counter he nods in understanding. "I'll put it aside for a week. If with your new job you can afford it by the time the week is up it is yours. Otherwise I will have to put it back with the others." he says in reaction to your kind words and understanding of the work he put into the weapon.

"Well more then enough." he says handing you the kukri, the one with the wooden hilt wrapped in leather. As you judge its weight and such you can tell its just a tad bit off, but having so recently wielded his best you are no doubt just focusing on the differences in the blade as you hand over six gold pieces he is asking for it, a steal you note given in most other places it would go for a solid eight to ten. "If you come back within that time I will also take the current blade back and transfer the money you just gave me towards the other. I wish you luck, and if you are ever looking for work let me know. Every now and then the mines have a large haul that needs to be guarded back to town through the mountains." he explains, allowing you to leave and returning to work unless you have more to add.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Thanks Sir! Joshua hands over the 6gp and put the kukri in/on his Belt. When I'm done with my current job and are in need of another one, I'm coming to you!
    And thanks for the reservation - hopefully I can gather enough gold in time!

He leaves the smithy, heading back to the Golden M, when he puts his right hand into his pocket, just to find some paper.
    Hmm...? What's this he thinks. He stops, takes it out and see: it's the flyer of the women he got before! She's beautiful... but this has to wait. First things first, sure the others are waiting for me by now. Here we go! Joshua starts running back.

22. - Top - End - #52

BlackDragon

Issarel Clanyr

Issarel accepts the glass graciously, and while you would expect her to perhaps sniff the bouquet or some such, she quaffs it in a rather ungracious yet endearing way.

Addressing the young girl, "Ah, that will do nicely, another if your please"

Wiping her mouth, she turns her attention to the business at hand.

"Glem...G...L...E...M...Oh yes, it sounds different in elvish, when put more emphasis on the Vowel, and somehow the first letter is the last you think of. I am new to its employ, more of an outside contractor, Issarel Clanyr of Ellenthyr."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Daruk

"....Glam?" Daruk is not exactly a quick-witted figure and he peers with open mouth at the lady for a few seconds. "The....ehhh...I...." Looking to his right he sees the other lady in fine military garb, which makes him feel a bit more comfortable. "Thank you, I will ask the lady."

He turns to the military lady and scrapes his throat. Should he just introduce himself or ask her if she´s looking for him? "Hello there, my name is Daruk?" Realizing how stupid that must have sounded he decides to just shut up, smile and see what happens.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Amara waited patiently to head upstairs and see the penthouse.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"Well the letter did say to expect seven," Crystal comments as the stragglers arrive. She checks everyone has received the same letter without being too open about the contents.

"I think we should wait until we're in private before discussing our purpose here."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

As you all circle around the woman calling herself detective Wolfe and explain you may be a part of the group, she soon confirms it with the others that have already seemed to pass a similar test. With no further need to wait you all follow the half-elf Aurelia up the flight of stairs before walking around a large amount of rooms to find another set of stairs leading up.

One you all make it up to the second flight of stairs you notice a solid wooden door with brass handles before you. Aurelia takes out a decent size key ring and opens the door before handing you each a key to the door. "The only other copy is with Mitéra Iulia." she explains to any who ask her before showing you into the penthouse. Greeting you as you enter is a nice warm rug, simple in design and meant to make the natural woodwork of the building stand out more. Seven doors can be seen from where you all stand, just inside the entryway, and a chair seems to be poking out from behind a corner.

"So long as you give us a few hours notice to warm the water we can have a bath drawn up for anyone as well, you each of course have your own separate rooms set to the parameters we were told." she says not explaining in detail what that could mean as a black cat lazily stretches as it jumps off of that one chair you can see in the distance and begins walking over towards all of you with an almost bored expression if a cat could have such emotions shown upon their face. From somewhere deeper in you here an older voice call out, "That will be all Aurelia, thank you for your help." and with that she quickly leaves the penthouse, shutting the door behind her.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Lady Amara

Amara took a tentative step forward. She needed to wash off the road and change her clothing but whoever was in the penthouse was obviously waiting for them.

“Hello?” she called, “who else is in the penthouse?”
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Meri greets the newcomers with more or less a shrug, as people quickly join their party. Amara, Wolfe, Issarel, Daruk, and me. Maybe the others will arrive soon enough. Her eyes linger for a moment on the other elf. A familiar race would be good company among all these humans.

She pockets the key and takes a step into the penthouse. Even for an inn, it was elaborate. Another quirk of humans when they wanted to impress someone was to put them somewhere expensive. Not that that had happened to Meri before, but she had read and heard enough stories about young princes and the like. But there was also a cat!

"Hello you!" She squats down and lets the cat sniff her before scratching the cat's head and behind the ears. Calendi flutters over to the arm of a chair, watching the cat closely. If it seems willing, she picks up and cradles the cat as she turns her attention to the voice.
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2019-08-26 at 03:33 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

RangerGuy

Benedict nods to the girl as she asks to give a treat to Sigfried, though his nod doesn't really seem to matter much since Sigfried has already reached out toward the sugar cube trying his best to get it. As she gives it to him, he gives a contented snort as he rather clearly enjoys the cube.

Even if Benedict noticed the lack of proper respect for one of noble birth, he is too well groomed to make note of it as that would be impolite. "I see we have similar feelings toward our animal companions. If you ever find yourself in need of work in Caelum, House Shellford always could benefit from another knowledgeable caretaker for our prized steeds."

He finishes his work, having removed the saddle and set it aside and brushed Sigfried a bit, and pauses when the man gives his name, and then looks between Sigfried and the older man.

"I...see." He considers a moment, weighing the greater good: whether to accost the man or to allow him to live in peaceful retirement.

As the girl interjects, Benedict nods. "Yes, of course, miss. Let us leave your father to his work and not disturb him further."

As he follows her back to the inn, he quietly asks her once out of earshot of the father, "Is your surname Octavius, miss?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

After Joshua enters the penthouse and gets instructed by Aurelia, he stands aside, watching the scene while leaning against a wall.

--------------

What happened before:

Joshua came back from his knife-buying-trip, sat down at his table, continued his work with cutting out the side of his book, laid the flyer of the missing women inside of his book, put his stuff all together, searched for and found Cora Bobbin, reached her the paper and asked her if she could have it sent back to his home [OOC: cost?] and then he ordered a meal, but was discretely asked if he had a meeting here. No meal, maybe some questions by wolfe (?), going upstairs, back to the future =)