The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [4e] DM found, need players.

Hey, I'm looking for a 4e DM

Given that PF2 is coming out and it has drawn some comparison to 4e, and some people are reexaming it at this time, I reckon I could use a 4e game.

And this may or may not be but definitely is an attempt to bring back my Drow Sorceress Daggermaster Drathrundrial.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Level 5, servants of a young Blue Dragon, prohesized heir to a position as one of the 5 speakers of Tiamat, goddess of Greed and Jealusy.

Servants of Bahamut, god of Law and Righteousness, takes an interest in chromatic affairs in order to keep the empire stable and protect the servants under the chromatics from their whimsy. Servants of Io, Father of Dragons, are dragon and Dragonborn supremacists, literally born from the blood of a major diety. They dont discriminate by color. The chromatics politic and scheme, as their patron goddess's example.

Word on the borders of the empire that the human empire of Bael Turath is sending envoys to see the current Speakers...
    the first 10 houserules from this page: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=199598, possibly including some off the later ones if I feel they're relevant.

I should have mentioned that earlier.

Standard point buy, standard level 5 start. (level+1 magic item, level magic item, level-1 magic item, gold equivilant to level -1 magic item)
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-08-28 at 09:31 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Lookin for a 4e DM

Hey, I'm looking for a 4e DM

Given that PF2 is coming out and it has drawn some comparison to 4e, and some people are reexaming it at this time, I reckon I could use a 4e game.

And this may or may not be but definitely is an attempt to bring back my Drow Sorceress Daggermaster Drathrundrial.
    Not offering, but you do know that Daggermaster's 18-20 crits was errataed to Rogue and Daggermaster attacks only, right?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masteraleph View Post
    Not offering, but you do know that Daggermaster's 18-20 crits was errataed to Rogue and Daggermaster attacks only, right?
    Oh we know, but this is why we have DMs, and it's an obsolete nerf since other caster paths got triple threat range anyway.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I'll go ahead and post some interest in playing some kind of hybrid Leader / Leader.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2019-08-16 at 12:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just Helping View Post
    I'll go ahead and post some interest in playing some kind of hybrid Leader / Leader.
    Ah yes the double lead. Unlimited power!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Im possibly interested inthis, looking at a tiefling paladin but not sure yet, might go with an eladrin knight build that I have been working on for some time now

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Im possibly interested inthis, looking at a tiefling paladin but not sure yet, might go with an eladrin knight build that I have been working on for some time now
    Username checks out.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Ah yes the double lead. Unlimited power!
    To be fair, I'd meant either playing half a leader or a whole leader, but in the end I probably am going double lead.

9. - Top - End - #9

Planetar

Snowbluff, the fact that you want to play a daggermaster means you are aiming to level 11 or higher. correct? I rarely got the chance to play 4e beyond 8th level, so this would be an excellent chance for me to finally try a paragon build, maybe with the awesome eldritch knight paragon path!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Snowbluff, the fact that you want to play a daggermaster means you are aiming to level 11 or higher. correct? I rarely got the chance to play 4e beyond 8th level, so this would be an excellent chance for me to finally try a paragon build, maybe with the awesome eldritch knight paragon path!
    I am hoping for something with a few levels in it at least. Being able to try paragon would be cool. I never did get the opportunity to level into Daggermaster as my Sorc/Rogue.

11. - Top - End - #11

If someone was up for running this, Id love to play a Genasi blaster (wizard but a striker) Ive been toying with. If we really needed a controller, either a psion hybrid or Invoker are things Id be up for playing.

Edit: or a maxed out Tiefling Enchanter; always wanted to be one of those.
    Last edited by masteraleph; 2019-08-18 at 12:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Again, unable to run, but I have a soft spot for 4E, and would love to play a Ranger [Striker], either ranged or melee, depending on the needs of the group. So I will watch and keep my fingers crossed!

13. - Top - End - #13

I sadly don't have the time to DM, though I'd love to take a Dragging Flail Horc "Fightadin" hybrid "Divine Combat Challenge" dual-marking up to a few levels of Champion of Order or Polearm Master. And I sure wouldn't mind playing some (any) kind of "Stormtrooper" in Eberron. But even though I have a slight preference for melee defender primary and controller or striker secondary types (swordlocks, pallarbians etc), I'll play basically anything fun unorthodox that'll suit a party.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

I may have an old paragon adventue moduel lying around, but I'm not sure I have time to host a game.

If I don't, I'm still interested in an unusually brawny Gnoll Wizard looking to lengthen his unnaturally short infernal lifespan.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

I may have an old paragon adventue moduel lying around, but I'm not sure I have time to host a game.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

This is all great and you're all wonderful but it is a DM that is need the most.

I would run but I've got other games to run and I never ran 4e before.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2019-08-19 at 01:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

RedKnightGirl

I always love me some 4e. Posted interest as a player in another thread as well, but I did also mention that I am willing to run sometime. I'm am running a couple of other games at the moment so I wonder if I even could right now. I'll need to ponder and see if any inspiration hits me. Without a doubt though, the next game I run I want to be 4e DnD, it's just a matter of when.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I am always interested in some 4e.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

What are people's thoughts on a 4e version of Council of Wyrms, told through the lense of the 4e war between Akosia and Bael Turath?

I'm thinking, you play as members of a young but politically important dragon's entourage/servants, as they handle the byzantine politics in the Dragonborn side of the Dragonborn/Tiefling wars.

You arnt all going to be dragonborn, but dragonborn are something of "lesser nobility" under the dragons. Humans, Tieflings, and gnolls are seen as agents of the enemy in Bael Turath.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

What are people's thoughts on a 4e version of Council of Wyrms, told through the lense of the 4e war between Akosia and Bael Turath?

I'm thinking, you play as members of a young but politically important dragon's entourage/servants, as they handle the byzantine politics in the Dragonborn side of the Dragonborn/Tiefling wars.

You arnt all going to be dragonborn, but dragonborn are something of "lesser nobility" under the dragons. Humans, Tieflings, and gnolls are seen as agents of the enemy in Bael Turath.
    Could be interesting, but my old character was a drow. I guess I could get a different race for her if it's super important.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Could be interesting, but my old character was a drow. I guess I could get a different race for her if it's super important.
    Bear in mind that Tiamat is one of the major patron deities of the region, I think "child of an evil god" is less disqualifying than, "extrapanar interference."

But I havnt really checked my ideas for internal consistancy. It's been more of a "I should plan this setting out someday" when someday never came.

Edit: one of the ideas I've been toying with is timeskips where your character is replaced with a decendant, full retraining of anything except race and equipment (which is inherited with the position of the Lord Dragon's Retainer)
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2019-08-25 at 05:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Well some skullduggery and some political intrigue does sound right up Drathrundrial's alley as a Sorc/Rogue.

23. - Top - End - #23

Bear in mind that Tiamat is one of the major patron deities of the region, I think "child of an evil god" is less disqualifying than, "extrapanar interference."

But I havnt really checked my ideas for internal consistancy. It's been more of a "I should plan this setting out someday" when someday never came.

Edit: one of the ideas I've been toying with is timeskips where your character is replaced with a decendant, full retraining of anything except race and equipment (which is inherited with the position of the Lord Dragon's Retainer)
    Sounds fascinating and like a lot of fun. The equipment part might be hard, though, if your intent is for someone to switch classes/roles- I have an idea for two different Dragonborn controllers, both using similar equipment, but one would be in light armor and the other in heavy armor (they at least would use the same implement, though). A sorcerer and a rogue might both use daggers, but most other classes probably wouldn't. I guess a fair amount of Defenders use heavy armor + shields, so they might work ok with that restriction, but switching from, say, a Defender to a Controller might be an issue. I can think of a couple of pairings (one where both are Controllers and reuse one item, one where one is a Controller and the other a Striker and both use an item in common). Might be worth thinking of some of the equipment as carrying over and other equipment being changed out- you keep the "family heirlooms," but other stuff gets picked up along the way.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't know a lot of the lore surrounding the Forgotten Realms setting overall, but I'm certainly fond of campaigns which involve generational heroes. The descendants of the originals taking up the torch and so forth.

Lack of lore knowledge could also be an asset if I play something like an apprentice or something who's interested in learning, but doesn't know all the stuff that I don't know either in-character yet. Makes it a journey of learning alongside the character.

25. - Top - End - #25

Planetar

I'd be down for creating a Dragonborn character for a 4E campaign!

26. - Top - End - #26

Actually given the number of games I am involved with or applying to I am going to withdraw interest! Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-08-26 at 04:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    I don't know a lot of the lore surrounding the Forgotten Realms setting overall, but I'm certainly fond of campaigns which involve generational heroes. The descendants of the originals taking up the torch and so forth.

Lack of lore knowledge could also be an asset if I play something like an apprentice or something who's interested in learning, but doesn't know all the stuff that I don't know either in-character yet. Makes it a journey of learning alongside the character.
    Actually, this is default Points of Light lore, but the campain is taking place in one of those half forgotten fallen empires before it fell.

Basically, the children of Io (Bahamut/Tiamat, Dragonkind, and the Dragonborn race) had (have) a nice empire, before they run into a human empire tho made deals with devils to turn into Tieflings for great power. In the usual course of events, these two empires battle to mutual destruction. (That hasnt happened yet)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Actually, this is default Points of Light lore, but the campain is taking place in one of those half forgotten fallen empires before it fell.

Basically, the children of Io (Bahamut/Tiamat, Dragonkind, and the Dragonborn race) had (have) a nice empire, before they run into a human empire tho made deals with devils to turn into Tieflings for great power. In the usual course of events, these two empires battle to mutual destruction. (That hasnt happened yet)
    Sounds good to me. What level should we build for, and what books would be allowed?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Interested as a mounted avenger with a spiked chain, perhaps shadar-kai or hamadryad (not sure yet) female by the name of Gongji.

Edit: Her ancestor rode a dragon into battle, but the closest thing she'll probably get will be a triceratops (one of the behemoths I think?) or one of the liondrakes from Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale (they serve as mounts for the legion of legatus Dythan, which is ironic because his legion uses machines and beasts of war from ancient Arkhosia).
    Last edited by MinotaurWarblad; 2019-08-26 at 11:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Planetar

Rpeating my interest here as an eladrin knight multiclassed with a swordmage.

If we do go with the "time skip" idea, my old character is going to be that sort of an honorable fey knight, and the descendant is more of a ruffian/mercanery who uses the same techniques but he is much less honorable or refined.

In effect, the first character is a knight multiclassed with a swordmage, the second one is a straight swordmage

EDIT - I Might go with a rogue-fighter hybrid for the second build, using riposte strike to build a damage focused defender who debuffs people
    Last edited by Heavenblade; 2019-08-26 at 08:35 AM.