The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ReSeed OOC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: ReSeed OOC

I mean the reason the Mecha stuff doesn't cost is cause it's a class feature and also probably because it frees you from worrying about it.

And yea the hostage situation seems the most important.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    deuterio12, for ease would you like me to just 'decide' my commanders responses unless you have reason to decide them?
    In this case your commanders would be fine with you prioritizing the space mission. If they disagree with the way miniboss squad is taking things, they'll let you know.

Also, given the multiplied wealth, would you be willing to rule that any money given to mecha mooks spontaneously multiplies by 5 when given to them, only to divide by 5 if given back/to anyone that's not a mook, through whatever mechanism is most appropriate?
    Now that's seems a bit too silly to me.

I would prefer if Mook expenses are justified in that a) you're willing to accept and use lower quality stuff and b) you buy said low-quality stuff in bulk so get further discount thus your money is worth 5x for mook expenses. Also you would be used to being underpaid and probably have less status individually so would take a smaller share of the party's rewards.

And finally, what portion (if any) of our rewards should be set aside for mecha maintenance/payment to our class dictated bosses? (Because all mecha classes say an organization gives us our mechas.) If none, are you fine with us pretending more was offered and then given to our superiors as appropriate?
    An organization would imply salary so the way I see it your mecha and related arsenal maintenance/expenses (ammo isn't free after all) would be discounted out of said "base" salary, in a way that your normal net gain is zero. Any mission rewards and loot would be over that so you can fully cash them in before taxes. It's fine if you want to bribe show sympathy for your superiors, and that could be a way for miniboss squad to upgrade their gear, but that would come out directly of what's handed to you IC.

For the mercenary players, assuming they're doing a bunch of more simple, boring jobs in the background to pay their basic expenses/maintenance, like ferrying people/goods when moving to the next mission point. Transport has become harder with the einst
    and political tensions around, so there's some solid money to be made in getting stuff from point A to B.

Anyway bigger point like YuweaCurtis pointed out is that basic costs aren't something you should need to worry too much, Amuro and Ryoma and Kouji had many problems but worrying about their mecha maintenance costs wasn't one, although it's fine if you mention "damn we'll get in debt if we fire more missiles."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

3. - Top - End - #153

Lmfao even the crew in Cowboy Bebop have plenty of bullets.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YuweaCurtis View Post
    Lmfao even the crew in Cowboy Bebop have plenty of bullets.
    They're also almost entirely broke almost all the time XD
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    They're also almost entirely broke almost all the time XD
    That's entirely my point XD

6. - Top - End - #156

I don't think it's a problem, but the two bottles of booze are just plot devices right now so I'm not losing any.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    I would prefer if Mook expenses are justified in that a) you're willing to accept and use lower quality stuff and b) you buy said low-quality stuff in bulk so get further discount thus your money is worth 5x for mook expenses. Also you would be used to being underpaid and probably have less status individually so would take a smaller share of the party's rewards.
    I was looking purely at keeping up with WBL. I'm more than happy to say my stuff is on the poorer made side, jury rigged, and otherwise worse. If required I'd be willing to expand the rule that reduces mech damage to average while increasing damage taken to apply to the entire character instead of just their mechs.

Edit:
    I was pretty sure there was one, but I can't find the accessory that gives mechs a space fly speed. But then again the Tesla doesn't mention a air-limitation. Would you allow the Tesla Drive to work for space movement?
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2019-10-09 at 06:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Girlfriend didn't pay internet, very slow for next little bit.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit:
    I was pretty sure there was one, but I can't find the accessory that gives mechs a space fly speed. But then again the Tesla doesn't mention a air-limitation. Would you allow the Tesla Drive to work for space movement?
    I thought the standard rule was that you where just always using the fly speed in space? Though I can't find the reference to that, the rules do mention that every mechs innate fly speed does not require you to land on a solid surface at the end of your turn while in space. The space 'exotic environment' also doesn't mention requiring a special movement, so i don't think you need to worry about getting a separate space fly speed.

9. - Top - End - #159

And indeed, all mechs have an innate ability to fly as basically a move action and actual flight speed functions in space.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, flight works normally in space unless otherwise specifically mentioned, including the default flight every mecha gets (the Support Staff's military vehicles for example have air and space-specialized fliers).

Mandatory mention of how in SRW games mechas like Evas that lack any kind of flight system can just run in space.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker
    If required I'd be willing to expand the rule that reduces mech damage to average while increasing damage taken to apply to the entire character instead of just their mechs.
    Hmmm, if it turns your squad is too OP while outside your mechas, we may implement that ruling, but I'll rather wait to see how they perform in actual battle when such a scenario comes out.
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

11. - Top - End - #161

Consider he's a follower and wouldn't put himself in much danger, is there any point in giving my Support Staff Armored Company and Markerlights? Perhaps I should give him something from other trees or some medic stuff.
    Wonder if drones have the same flight in space thing
    Not sure if my Servitor should be more like a modern drone or a pet creature

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Consider he's a follower and wouldn't put himself in much danger, is there any point in giving my Support Staff Armored Company and Markerlights? Perhaps I should give him something from other trees or some medic stuff.
    Wonder if drones have the same flight in space thing
    Not sure if my Servitor should be more like a modern drone or a pet creature
    Drones count as mechas unless otherwise noted and thus get the default flight that can be used in space.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Pre-Mission shopping, Grabbing Rings of Deflection +3. My AC's on the lower end so I think the extra +2 would be nice.
    Status Update:

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, I think I know how to spin things wrt to the einst corporation to convince them to cough up the plans, but there is the risk of them just generally disliking this mission and doing something to sabotage it(though I doubt that).

Also, I mentioned this IC, but lets make it clear ooc as well: the aurora allows for refitting of both real and super mechs, so if you're thinking 'I'd love to be on team stealth extraction, but I'd need to do some changes to my mech to do so' we've got you covered.

Edit: @Deuterio, can communications between einst be jammed in the same wayy comms between non-einst units can?

edit2: Oof, well, at least even my bad diplomacy rolls still go over 20

edit3: Also, I'm buying a ring of chameleon power for Omega squadron, as I think they could use the help with stealthing onboard that station.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-10-13 at 12:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Welp was kinda waiting in others... Anyway guess I should quickly figure out Xelya's Drones.

@deutrio12
    Speaking of which I have a Mecha Drone I can control at 1,500 mu, but I'm unsure of sensory input when using Queen's Will so I'm unsure if how practical that would be right now.

Heads up, Einst Queen Drones now have customizable elemental resistance added to them (I mean in the Einst Queen class itself).
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2019-10-15 at 08:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Edit: @Deuterio, can communications between einst be jammed in the same wayy comms between non-einst units can?
    Let's go with "yes" for now, but will not block Queen's Will itself.

@deutrio12
    Speaking of which I have a Mecha Drone I can control at 1,500 mu, but I'm unsure of sensory input when using Queen's Will so I'm unsure if how practical that would be right now.
    If it doesn't say anything specific, then there's no special sensory input, but considering the setting you could certainly get and glue a cheap camara with audio on it allowing for basic spot/listen at distance.

Heads up, Einst Queen Drones now have customizable elemental resistance added to them (I mean in the Einst Queen class itself).
    Thanks for pointing it out!

17. - Top - End - #167

I mean if it's a cheap camera it'll get jammed too lol.

Also wasn't going to say anything but now curious. What does Einst communication entail? I suppose you could jam pheromones with other smells, but is there another form of communication they use I'm unaware of? I guess Queen's Will itself could be telepathy but I assume it's a bit more of an aura. I hen again you can jam telepathy, it'd just be different cause it's natural.

@DeTess I'm assuming your message was a none audio one you sent so no one heard any of the details?

@Deutrio12 did you see my question about my follower?
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2019-10-16 at 01:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean if it's a cheap camera it'll get jammed too lol.

Also wasn't going to say anything but now curious. What does Einst communication entail? I suppose you could jam pheromones with other smells, but is there another form of communication they use I'm unaware of? I guess Queen's Will itself could be telepathy but I assume it's a bit more of an aura. I hen again you can jam telepathy, it'd just be different cause it's natural.
    I could've sworn that Einst Queens had some other special senses for their drones but seems like not so jamming won't do much against them unless they're trying to use more regular tech or are multiclass themselves.

@Deutrio12 did you see my question about my follower?
    Honestly thought you were asking the other players since it sounded more like a preference question. But yeah if you're not planning to have your minion near the frontlines, it would be more efficient to just make them focus on out-of-combat utility.

Also make your servitor a modern pet?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

@DeTess I'm assuming your message was a none audio one you sent so no one heard any of the details?
    The one to the Einst corporation? Yeah, that was text, so private if you din't specifically try to find out what it was about.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I'm assuming those codes will be transmitted to Miniboss Squad off screen for ease.

Sorry for the posting delay, just got caught up in other stuff. If the stealth insertion is just going to be Miniboss Squad, it might be better for deuterio12 and I to hash out how I'll generally handle it, him to throw me a couple of interesting points, and have him detail most of it. That way time's saved and everyone's not waiting on me to either screw up or succeed while working on pbp time.
    Status Update:

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm assuming those codes will be transmitted to Miniboss Squad off screen for ease.
    Yep, i think I mentioned that I'd specifically send them to everyone in the infiltration team.

Sorry for the posting delay, just got caught up in other stuff. If the stealth insertion is just going to be Miniboss Squad, it might be better for deuterio12 and I to hash out how I'll generally handle it, him to throw me a couple of interesting points, and have him detail most of it. That way time's saved and everyone's not waiting on me to either screw up or succeed while working on pbp time.
    I was going to send Omega Squadron with you as well.

edit: @yuwaecurtis, the reason captain Evaro asked to speak with you is because she has a question regarding your Einst companions capabilities. Specifically whether she could liste in or otherwise sense the communications between Einst in the station. If Rubii decides to walk with the captain, you can just work that question from her into your RP if you want.

Also, regarding the launch catapults and communications module I mentioned in my recent post: both of those area features from feats I have, being the launcher pad feat and the communciations hub mode of the heaven sailing dragon feat respectively.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-10-19 at 04:04 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

@deutrio12
    Modern pet like a robot dog? Lol.

@Detess
    Not the I'm aware of. @deutrio12 Maybe she could pick up pheromones? I doubt she could at long range though. LOL I thought she was gonna get yelled at by the Capt. Um I guess I'll just say you asked and then move on to the hangar?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

@deutrio12
    Modern pet like a robot dog? Lol.

@Detess
    Not the I'm aware of. @deutrio12 Maybe she could pick up pheromones? I doubt she could at long range though. LOL I thought she was gonna get yelled at by the Capt. Um I guess I'll just say you asked and then move on to the hangar?
    That is fine. Depends on how much you want to do with that conversation.

24. - Top - End - #174

F for our homies that have been unable to post.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Miniboss Squad:
    Spot -1
    Listen 14
    Hide/Move Silently: 22

Special Abilities in mech:
    Awareness and Scout: Every Turn, make a free Listen or Spot check with +4 bonus. As long as a member is within 30ft of another, both get +2 to Spot and Listen. This daisy Chains, so everyone collectively gets +14, and a free check (Usually Listen) is made for the group at the end of the turn.

Infiltration: As long as communication/Sight is maintained, all members can see eachother through concealment. (This means that even though they can't see eachother due to invisibility/nacht systems normally, thy still can). Additionally, all members in group can move at full speed during stealth.

Tesla Drive: Fly (20) Good.
    Nacht System: Hide in plain sight. No size penalties.
    Quantum Generator: Non-detection. Improved Invisibility.
    Informer Radar: 240mu space sense [Can detect everything as per blind sense as long as it's under 'space' conditions. Passes through objects/no line of effect needed.]. Additionally Blindsight 60 mu and we can see through fogs as well as obstacles not made of metal as long as they're less than 5 feet thick and within 240 mu. This means we can see through walls that aren't super thick and metal.
    Electronic Disruptor: All Mech sensors and all special senses function at 1/12 range, if less than 5 mu, those senses can't detect me. Class 5 Einist using Radar varients would detect me at around 40mu with special sensors if they have them. 20mu for 4, 10 for 3, 5 for 2, and adjacent for 1. [I list this for me, not you.]

If I deploy Funnells, they explicitly share my special senses and I can cast from them. However they don't explicitly have my stealth abilities.

Out of mech from invocations:
    Special Senses only detect me with spot/listen, however they would allow such checks if I'm in range.
    Invisibility.
    Fly becomes 70ft/mu good.

IC post incoming.
    Status Update:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

The Aurora will be on the distraction team once trouble starts, while Omega Squadron will be on the infiltration team.

Re detection and stealth: Both the Aurora and Omega squadron are currently equipped with Nacht systems (no size penalty to stealth) and quantum generators (permanent greater invisibility). The Aurora has a reverese-mynovsky particles generator (special senses are 1/6 range for detecting the Aurora) and omega squadron has electronic disruptors (special senses are at 1/12 range to detect them).

As for positioning, my suggestion for everyone not on the infiltration team would be that they remain on the Aurora for now so that they can benefit from the ship's stealth systems. Between the launch catapults (double speed on the turn you launch) and my movement order aura (+25MU movement if you start within 50 MU of the Aurora) everyone should be able to cover a lot of distance the turn they launch, so I was planning on trying to position the Aurora in such a way that everyone can get involved in a hypothetical fight the turn they launch. For that, I would like to know the preferred engagement range and movement speed of everyone staying on the Aurora. Otherwise I'll take it relatively safe and park 200MU away from the station.

edit: So, what are the odds of rolling 8 d20 under a 10 -_-. welp, at least greater invisibility (and distance, for the aurora) should be able to make up for most of that.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-10-22 at 03:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Ah, deuterio12, did you actually want rolls?
    If yes, feel free to roll mine instead of waiting. Also, for mook squads, do you want 5 rolls? (DeTess rolled once which covers one member). It's not more time consuming since the computers doing it all and once written up it's just ctrl-c and ctrl-v a few times, but if you just want one set for simplicity like DeTess has done I'm more than fine with it.
    Status Update:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

If yes, feel free to roll mine instead of waiting. Also, for mook squads, do you want 5 rolls? (DeTess rolled once which covers one member). It's not more time consuming since the computers doing it all and once written up it's just ctrl-c and ctrl-v a few times, but if you just want one set for simplicity like DeTess has done I'm more than fine with it.
    Right, yes. I totally did that as a matter of keeping things simple and streamlined, and not because I just straight-up forgot... :P

29. - Top - End - #179

Oh yea, may haps you warn people before Einst Drones start coming out the ship? It's not happening yet, but I bet that'll cause concern to the ship's crew.

Also are rolls required for people staying on Aurora right now?

Also I realized I could probably know what they where communicating if I were in range given I think it's some what established they do so using pheromones. Correct me if wrong.
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2019-10-23 at 12:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, you rolling your stuff would be nice(r). And for mook squads sure, just one roll for each skill to simplify things, either you succeed as one or you fumble as one.

(1d20-1)[9]Spot
    (1d20+14)[16] Listen
    (1d20+22)[34] Hide
    (1d20+22)[33] Move Silently

Spoiler: Alien Activity
    Show

(1d20+34)[37] Spot space patrol
    (1d20+20)[36] Spot spae lurkers
    (1d20+34)[52] Listen space patrol
    (1d20+20)[39] Listen space lurkers

(1d20+34)[39] Hide space lurkers patrol
    (1d20+34)[50] Move silently space lurkers

Also are rolls required for people staying on Aurora right now?
    If you're staying inside the big stealth ship, no.

Also I realized I could probably know what they where communicating if I were in range given I think it's some what established they do so using pheromones. Correct me if wrong.
    The onky rules for pheromones seem to be for a queen to keep others safe from drones with Guardian instinct, specific orders are given by Queen's will that seems to be more of a mental thing.