New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default [IC] Trouble in St. Canard

It's a beautiful day in the city of St. Canard, and you were all minding your respective businesses when the crazy electric rat known as Megavolt started causing ruckus on the most crowded intersection in town. Alongside him, an army of survolted toy RC cars, bullying around the regular cars and jamming the traffic.
    Suddenly, a familiar catchphrase erupts for the first time in the last three days. "I am the terror that flaps in the night !"
    A puff of blue smoke appears, and a gigantic toy cube with letters on the sides fall on it. Quackerjack, the mad toymaker, is standing atop the cube.
    "I am... stuck? Hey, what gives?"
    "Hello, Stuck. We were waiting for you. Sparky ! Time for our exit !"
    "Don't call me Sparky !"
    Megavolt sends an electric surge on a toy firetruck wich begins pushing the cube, rolling it around, while Quackerjack, running to stay atop of it, makes a pathetic attempt at blame shifting by pointing finger to his banana puppet, wich points right back to him.

It looks like our local hero is being abducted by two of his arch-enemies. Someone should definitely do something about that.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:49 AM. Reason: text colors
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Trouble in St. Canard

As Megavolt brews up an electrical storm and various differently sized smoke clouds erupt from the place of the crime, an electrical tornado spits out a suave dog dressed in a black spy uniform. Of course there is nothing suave about the landing of the prototype TT-3000 vortex manipulator as Von Schaefer faceplants onto the rooftop of the nearby skyscraper.

As he gets up and dusts himself off, he checks his oversized wristwatch. Precisely the time and location where Darkwing was last seen publicly. I started to doubt the computation of the SHUSH supercomputer but it was based on the research and brain of Dr. Sara Bellum. She is one smart cookie.

The agent decides to wait and gauge the situation before interfereing. Of course he could repeat the situation but they warned him that the vortex manipulator was prone to failure if overused. So he had to make this one count. Another try could erase the recipe for butterscotch cake, or rip a hole in the universe. Arnold could not decide which was worse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giving the other players a chance to interact before jumping straight into the action. If the villains start to get away, Arnold will chase, closing the distance with a grappling hook and trying to kung fu away the various attacks and toys thrown in his direction.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Vivian was enjoying a pleasant stroll coming back from lunch. It's hard work holding down a counter sometimes, and you can't do it on an empty stomach. The "disappearance" of Darkwing Duck was hardly newsworthy. In fact he hardly seemed to be on it much in the first place...

Still, for whatever reason, the caped hero was in the corner of her mind. Maybe she was developing a crush on him. Those daring maneuvers, and that bravado she could never seem to muster, despite her powers. She was lucky there was a hero like that to clean up the town. But in any case, nothing had really been happening for the past few days. Maybe.....

Of course, the honking of cars and commotion broke Vivian out of her reverie. A crazed rat was causing the hugest traffic jam ever. "Megavolt!!" she gasped.

She scurried around the traffic jam giving all the superpowered cars an extra-wide berth trying to quickly get back to her shop. It wasn't too far away now... Just then, Darkwing Duck appeared. Vivian sighed with relief, only to have it taken away again as he was trapped inside a toy block.

Ack, this wasn't good! If the villains managed to capture Darkwing Duck, the fate of the world would be at risk! Rushing into her shop, keeping the CLOSED sign up, she ran to the back and quickly changed into her gypsy outfit. Hm. She'd definitely need a way to get into the costume faster in case something like this happened again.

Now exiting the back from an alley, she took a deep breath and stepped forward to observe the scene, both nervous and yet excited at the same time. It was now or never.

If Darkwing Duck gave these bad guys a hard time, wait until they crossed paths with Vera Vita Vincett, the sauceress supreme!

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    also kinda waiting for the last player! And I'm curious what will happen next. This is cartoony so... probably nothing too bad. :P
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-08-19 at 10:21 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

confused Re: [IC] Trouble in St. Canard

Glen walked the streets, swimming in self pity.
    "Ah supposed to ba a hero, aye...' the dorky looking duck in misbuttoned shirt ranted.
    "Alas, ah never get a chance ta do good!"
    "Excuse me, young man..' an eldery woman tried to catch his attention and ask for him to help her to cross the street.
    Glen ignored her, and actually stepped on her leg.
    He sighed.
    "There simply nathin' that going on in this city!" a cat stuck on tree mewed helplessly to no avail.
    "What Jackie Hen would do?'
    He paused."Well, the plot always conveintly started behind the corner!" Glen ran and took the left, and seen the scene.
    "Ah knew, that ill dubbed action movie logic would never fail me!" he gasped with happiness.
    "Waiiit-' he gasped.
    "Oh no! This is bad! It's all mah fault! Ah got to fix it!" he dashed off to a phone both and changed, and jumped out kicking, with a kilt patterned smoke.
    "Hold your huggies evil! Because the Kilt Ninja is going to say nay to your nae doings!'
    (Though, he might be too far for the villians to hear)
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Enough wait. Here goes nothing. Arnold unholsters his gun and aims at Quackerjack, only to push a small button on its side to unveil a grappling hook. He pulls the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gizmos and Gadgets roll (3d6)[3][3][2](8)
    1) I don't know if rollv is needed or the normal roll command would suffice.
    2) I don't want to overrule the DM. If the check is impossible just ignore my post.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Kily Ninja is too far away, he has to holt them! He started to run toward the villains (in quite dorky way) and raised his bagpipes.
    "Uncle Flint, that no continent clown can stand the power of true scottish bagpipes!" and he start to play them, hope those noble blows of scottish sound vibration will halt the evil at thier steps

Spoiler
    Show

Hope I am doing it right...
    Scottish!
    (3d6)[4][5][5](14)

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quackerjack is caught by surprise by the grappling hook and pulled straight to Arnold on the roof, but he keeps his composure.
    "Hey, you're new in town, right? I'm Quackerjack, nice to meetcha !"
    He extends his hand towards you and forces a handshake, and you feel a powerful electric shock as he does, forcing you to release your grip. He laughs as he falls down to the street, pulling a pogo stick out to cushion the fall.

Meanwhile, several of the toy cars are overloaded and fried by the scottish sound of bagpipes, and the others adjust their formation to face the ninja in kilt that just appeared.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:49 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Vera Vita Vincett steps into the streets, now all but devoid of fleeing civilians, but still chock full of abandoned cars. Running to the fray, she notices Quackerjack is suddenly missing, but the toy cars are still revving around for the most part, one still pushing around the giant toy block.

"Let's fight fire with fire," she says to herself.

Leaping onto the hood of a car, probably the most dramatic thing she's ever done, she points at a nearby RC car, amid a group of others, and intones, "Vulgar cantina!"

Powerful arcs of electricity rush from her fingertips, leaping from one car to the next and the next.

Show
    (3d6)[5][3][6](14)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

A few more RC toys are fried, and Megavolt is furious.
    "Hey ! I'm the one supposed to do that ! You're doing it all wrong ! I'll show you how it's done !"
    He charges an electric blast in his hand and throws it straight at the sorceress.
    Show
    Now rolling for Megavolt's Electric powers (4) : (4d6)[1][4][5][1](11), targeting Vera Vita Vincett

And after that's resolved, it's time for a new round.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:50 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Fortunately Vera could sense an impending hostility from the either jealous or offended electric rat in the future. Having already plucked off a car antenna in anticipation, she whiffs it in the air like a tennis racket, charged with just enough mystical energy, and yells "Love fifteen!"

The ball of of energy goes flying back at Megavolt. "You need to work on your serve, honey!"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Arnold leaps after Quackerjack, after all his masters at quack-fu taught him how to land, it was easy. The agent pancaked more often than not during training sessions but he was a fully approved SHUSH operative now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action Hero (Martial Arts) (2d6)[1][3](4)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Vera was starting to feel cocky (hah, another chicken pun!) but she knew she couldn't let this brief success get to her head. These villains surely had plenty of other tricks up their sleeves, and for the time being, she lost track of Quackerjack. The loony duck was probably planning to ambush her!

Oblivious to the bagpipe music among the commotion and the super spy that just pancaked on the sidewalk, Vera twirls around and summons forth a thick cloud of fog that spreads all throughout the area.

Hopefully the fog can cover her as she stealthily moves toward the toy block for the rescue.

Show
    I dunno what I'm doing. Some kind of maneuver! You get stealth! You get stealth! Everyone gets stealth!

rolling using sorcerer: (3d6)[6][3][2](11)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Aha! I'll sneak in the open! It make sense! At least when this fine lad Jackie Hen does it!' And find a convient placed barrel and poking holes in it, for his eyes, obliviouse to the magical fog, that other hen then Jackie did.

When he wore the barrel, he could barely see anything as it is, and sneaked away doing sneaky voices, and humming the background music. (https://youtu.be/G3JW_fQ3mu8)
    "To..toto...to...! Toto!" He hummed
    "Yes, I am sneaking, invisible oriental cletic force to reckon with... tututu...'

Show

Ninja fanboy!
    [rollv]|4d6[/rollv]

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Arnold strikes a very impressive pose during his jump, but is a full foot too far to reach Quackerjack who just looks at him fall to the ground.
    "Rough first day, heh?" He has another laugh before landing in the fog.

Meanwhile, a terrifying standoff is about to happen. The four remaining megavolted toy vehicles not busy pushing the cube in a wall (a construction truck, a formula one, a monster truck and a jeep) are pointing straight on the same target. There is electricity in the air, litteraly. Their headlights are on, their engines roaring, and they're leaving tiremarks on the road as they rush together in a deadly pincer formation... then brake suddenly, as their target simply disappeared. The RC cars seem to ponder the situation for a few moments as an innocent-looking barrel tiptoes past them, then they drive away in a panic and all crash in different places.

Vera stealthily stumble on a pogo stick in her conjured smoke, falling flat on the ground. A banana silouhette stops to taunt her : "Nice try, but I have a very good sense of orientation." It then goes away, accompanied with Quackerjack's laugh.

Megavolt just recovered from the shock of his own attack being thrown back at him, and chases after the saucerer in the smoke, mumbling, his fist shaking with electric charge.
    "You think you can litteraly steal my thunder and get away with it? Well I'll show you. I'll show you all !"
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:50 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Vera senses the threat of Megavolt coming and stays on the ground just a little longer as the electric menace walks right over her.
    With a triumphant "Aha !", Megavolt punches several megawatts in a silouhette that doesn't even remotely looks like a hen, because it was a car standing on the side. The shock activates the alarm system and opens the hood, bumping in Megavolt and propelling him against a wall.
    Show
    Time for a new round !
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:51 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Vera gets up, dusting herself off and says, "That's what you get for trying to hit a lady."

She approaches the rat, maybe with a plan in mind to fluff up his ego a bit. "You may have heard of me before. I am Vera Vita Vincett, the Sauceress Supreme." She flourishes a bit with her hood, like any other superhero or villain that may have felt the urge to announce themselves. "Psychic. Fortune teller. Sorcerer. But no, electricity is not my specialty. You know what is? My secret sauce. Allow me to share a sample with you."

Once close enough, Vera actually sticks a fork into the sockets on the front of Megavolt's suit.

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Saucier: (3d6)[1][6][2](9)

Spoiler: If she wins
    Show
    "On second thought, I'll send you a taste when you're behind bars."

Spoiler: If she loses
    Show
    probably gets a nasty shock

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Megavolt's power is returned against him by the short circuit.
    "On second thought, I'll send you a taste when you're behind bars."
    "I look forward to it. The food they serve in jail is really tasteless." And with that, he falls over.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:51 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

The agent coughs and releases a smoke cloud, then shrugs off the black dust from the shock.

Arnold tries to stop a car. Follow that ... uhm ... insane clown on the pogo stick. He pulls the confused citizen out of his car. This vehicle is confiscated in the name of SHUSH! It's no super car but it'll do. As he rushes past Kilt Ninja and the Sauceress, he stops and reverses.

Wanna hitch a ride, you two? he leans out of the side of the car, as if to pick up his favorite girl for a night at the drive-in cinema.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super-Spy for superfast elegant driving (4d6)[2][6][4][2](14)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Wha.. who?" Vera stuttered, before using her psychic senses to read Arnold's mind. Gleaning his intentions, that he wanted to stop Quackerjack as well, she nods and hops in, displacing a few feathers.

"Alright, friend, one super psycho down, now let's catch that clown!" she rhymes.

Show
    why don't we form up a team on the beginning of the next round!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Phew. Finally. Mah kilts, those old knees are killing me!" and naturally rolled into the passenger seat, still inside of the barrel.
    It's not like the handsome future agent would expect the lovely lady to be the one sitting by his side, and the dorky third wheel to sit behind.. riiiiiiight?

"In the name of the old country, and karate!" he yell pointing up.
    "Ballads shall we written of this gloriouss dy!'

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

With the trio aboard, Arnold pushes the car forward and passes through the smoke, straight to Quackerjack who barely had the time to turn to face you.
    You crush the remaining RC toy and stop inches away from the giant cube, wich is stuck against a wall. The toymaker pulls himself from under your car with difficulty.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"Aha! Now feel mah scoothish wrath!"
    Kilt Ninja has anounced and attempted to jump clumaily from the car and toss himself at the toy maker.

Ooc:
    I guess, it scottish? It feel scottish to me
    (3d6)[4][4][4](12)

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quackerjack pulls out a small rubber item out of his pocket and interpose it between him and you. You squash him on the ground, then the object (an instantly self-inflating floating plank with a ducky head) pushes you back just long enough for him to stand up. Barely.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-23 at 10:58 AM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    well, NOT forming a team then. I think it's better in this case if all three of us did so, but looks like it's unnecessary...

Also, double-pumping those sorcerer dice!

(4d6)[2][4][6][2](14)

Vera quickly clambers out of the car. Eyes narrowing on the crazed clown she says, "Okay, Bozo, this is cliche as heck... but FREEZE!!"

Her fingers wiggle at Quackerjack and nothing happens. "Oh, right, I mean... Glazeous!" This time the proper words and gestures seemed to work, blasting a freezing torrent of glacial air and sleet at the jester.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-08-23 at 01:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Show
    Yeah, not gonna bother rolling that one.
    So you won.

Quackerjack shares an incredulous look with his banana at the failed incantation.
    He spouts "Yeah, right, like that's gonna work by swi-tch-tch-ing laaang-g-gua-" and is encased in a block of ice.

That's when a voice comes from inside the cube.
    "Hello? Anyone out there? Need a little help here !"
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:52 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was easier than anticipated. Darkwing, are you in there? See a way out? Arnold investigates the cube and pulls on it. Director Gryzlikoff sent me to aid you!*

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

That last spell seemed to tax Vera a lot, if not by itself but from previous exchanges as well. Yet she still stands, wearily but undefeated. She pauses to catch her breath when she hears the hero's call for help.

"Darkwing!" she gasps, hoping she didn't just sound a little TOO concerned for him.

Trotting up to the cube next to Arnold, she feels the toy block and looks at it closely. "How do you suppose we open it?" she asks.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"I can't see anything. There's no light in there and I'm all tied up, so I really have no idea how to open it."
    Pause.
    "Kind of why I'm asking for help, 'cause normaly I'd already be out by now, obviously. Heheh."
    Another pause.
    "Wait, Gryzlikof? Isn't he the one who... err, that's good, I guess?"
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-23 at 03:19 PM. Reason: How could I mispell Gryzlikof?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Vera's question was directed at Arnold, but fair enough seeing as everyone could hear each other. She was out of mystical juice for now, and her secret sauce was probably no help so long as the box was completely closed.

But still, maybe she could glean some information with her psychic abilities. Touching the cube again and concentrating, she attempted to move her mind to the object's past. Perhaps she would see a vision of the cube's creation or activation...

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Psychic (3): (3d6)[4][3][3](10)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Vera has a vision...
    A chalkboard depicting a fiendish, eeevil plan to eliminate Darkwing Duck, described in great details as follows :
    1) Bait Darkwing Duck (accompanied with a drawing of a car crash)
    2) Capture Darkwing Duck (this time with a drawing of a toy cube)
    3) Kill Darkwing Duck (you assume the picture to represent an electric chair)
    4) ?????
    5) PROFIT!!i!!!

But apparently, what you're mostly interested in is happening behind the chalkboard. A damn shame it's blocking most of your mystical view.

Quackerjack is unveiling the toy cube. "And voila ! The perfect tool for phase 2 of our masterplan." You can read an S on the side face, but you can't read the other letters.
    You recognise Megavolt's voice answering. "Impressive. But how does it work?"
    "Like so." You can see Quackerjack pushing the cube and notice the front face opening in two before falling over, probably on Megavolt considering his verbal reaction.
    Then your vision blurs.

A quick inspection of the giant cube reveals an S on top, and the letters F, D and W on the three visible sides. You'll need to move it to inspect the two remaining faces.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2019-08-31 at 01:53 AM. Reason: text colors

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be