The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Assassin Creed: Origins

I'm playing Assassin Creed: Origins. It's a very complex RPG game, especially in Easy Mode. My older brother hooks me up with this game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Assassin Creed: Origins

Eerie. I started playing it couple of days ago. On Hard. And at lvl6 noticed I had mistakenly enabled "cheatmode" 5 mintues into the game by clicking a menu item trying to to change the stupidly wonky controls.

Been having fun so far but recently ran into some stuff I do not like after completing second(? go to Alexandria and do stuff) main storyline, making me think I might want to knock it down to normal.

Must say the controls are really annoying compared to previous games in the series. I die a lot because I can't properly react in combat.
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2019-08-21 at 04:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    Eerie. I started playing it couple of days ago. On Hard. And at lvl6 noticed I had mistakenly enabled "cheatmode" 5 mintues into the game by clicking a menu item trying to to change the stupidly wonky controls.

Been having fun so far but recently ran into some stuff I do not like after completing second(? go to Alexandria and do stuff) main storyline, making me think I might want to knock it down to normal.

Must say the controls are really annoying compared to previous games in the series. I die a lot because I can't properly react in combat.
    Yes the control can be somewhat annoying. I think you need to dodge and blocks attacks.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, can't say I prefer the new more hack-and-slash combat feel, but at least it makes large groups of enemies dangerous again, the ability to just chain through enemies really kinda made the characters seem like combat monsters, not just assassins.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Yeah, can't say I prefer the new more hack-and-slash combat feel, but at least it makes large groups of enemies dangerous again, the ability to just chain through enemies really kinda made the characters seem like combat monsters, not just assassins.
    I never play the original Assassin Creed game so I can't vouch an opinion on that. This game is just like Conan The Barbarian movies.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes the control can be somewhat annoying. I think you need to dodge and blocks attacks.
    Yes, and that's exactly where I have trouble. Trying to hit the requisite keys on the keyboard is super awkward. And have to time it right. And I have no guide telling me what enemy can be dealt with a certian way. And looking at the skill tree those combos are gonna get worse (also the skills are very gimicky). Not to mention keys do wildly different stuff depending on situation too. I'm having massive problems with getting a reasonable clue as to what is going to happen next. Like the aformentioned Abstergo Control Panel incident. Nowhere did it tell me that just be clicking this I had "hacked" the game.
    It's super frustrating. Like when I tried change keybindings and game kept insisting I'll ruin the experience. Why? How? Did you have to pick keys I can't reach at the same time. Just too much carp going on at the same time. Why is Assassinate a different button? Why not part of the attack or activate set.

I recently realised how awesome it is to fight mounted though. Recently went back to Siwa to stock up on pelts. Those fancy fur predators didn't know what hit them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    Yes, and that's exactly where I have trouble. Trying to hit the requisite keys on the keyboard is super awkward. And have to time it right. And I have no guide telling me what enemy can be dealt with a certain way. And looking at the skill tree those combos are gonna get worse (also the skills are very gimmicky). Not to mention keys do wildly different stuff depending on the situation too. I'm having massive problems with getting a reasonable clue as to what is going to happen next. Like the aforementioned Abstergo Control Panel incident. Nowhere did it tell me that just by clicking this I had "hacked" the game.
    It's super frustrating. Like when I tried to change keybindings and game kept insisting I'll ruin the experience. Why? How? Did you have to pick keys I can't reach at the same time? Just too much carp going on at the same time. Why is Assassinate a different button? Why not part of the attack or activate set.

I recently realised how awesome it is to fight mounted though. Recently went back to Siwa to stock up on pelts. Those fancy fur predators didn't know what hit them.
    Keyboard? I didn't know this game is available on the computer. The skill tree is very awesome and the abilities are wonderful.

8. - Top - End - #8

Yeah, Assassin's Creed games are definitely console games, the ports are really awkward. I played ports of Brotherhood, Revelations, and III ages back, they were... not good.
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2019-08-22 at 08:37 AM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Yeah, Assassin's Creed games definitely console games, the ports are really awkward. I played ports of Brotherhood, Revelations, and III ages back, they were... not good.
    Oooohhh.....so I guess you wouldn't recommend those games at all then right?

10. - Top - End - #10

I mean, they're good on console? And they are the original series, after all.

AC2 --> Brotherhood --> AC1 --> Revelations --> ACIII is the original trilogy, in what I would say is the best order to play them. AC1 is pretty barebones, and is honestly pretty skippable, but if you want to play it for completion, it's likely best right before Revelations, for plot reasons. Chronologically it comes first, but it's likely best not to both start and end with the weakest games in the entire series. ACIII is the weakest of the lot, AC2 is the strongest.
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2019-08-22 at 10:01 AM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I think, if you have a controller available for your PC, it's well worth using it for the AC games, as they were definitely designed for a controller.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I have yet to see a game to beat Black Flag in this series.

Rogue was great too, but you can really only play it as your last game in the "americas saga", which is Black Flag, Freedom Cry, Liberation, and III (maaaaybe with the DLC, but not necessary).

13. - Top - End - #13

Rogue just made me laugh with the impassible island that was Prince Edward Island.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.