New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Exalted 2(with access to 2.5 and 3) looking for cool things to craft with magitec

Hello guys :)

I am playing a crafting character that specializes is the first age.
    (For now I have craft fire 4, air 4, earth 2 and magitec 3).

I am playing a crazy solar crafter that try to bring creation to a now technological age. I have a very big militaristic point of view.
    (Conviction 4 Valor 4)

I am looking for cool stuff to craft to my party members.

We have a zelot dawn that use a two handed sword in one hand and a short sword in the second hand(he have no hands, just swords instead. He grows my character, my character is 8 years old). For now he have a grand declive and the blue short one from the core book.

We have a crocodile man dawn that use his jaws and claws(it is the hardest for my to find stuff for him).

We have a night longbow stealthy stealth.

We have a demon summoner(he failed every roll so no idea what he can do but maybe there are artifacts that will help him).

And we have an eclipse healer with healing charms from a lot of lists(I only know about a wood hearthstone that can help this character).

I will also want to make an army of machs for myself and will like recommendations for cool macha army stuff.
    Last edited by BloodSnake'sCha; 2019-08-20 at 04:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted 2(with access to 2.5 and 3) looking for cool things to craft with magitec

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    I am playing a crazy solar crafter that try to bring creation to a now technological age. I have a very big militaristic point of view.
    (Conviction 4 Valor 4)
    Not to derail, but high conviction and valor does not necessarily correlate to big militaristic points of view. High valor means you stand up to threats, and are not easily scared. High conviction means you stand up for your principles. It can mean high military point of view, but that is more the realm of intimacies. There are many ways to play out high conviction and high valor.

We have a zelot dawn that use a two handed sword in one hand and a short sword in the second hand(he have no hands, just swords instead. He grows my character, my character is 8 years old). For now he have a grand declive and the blue short one from the core book.
    Does he need armor? Perhaps you can craft some power armor?

We have a crocodile man dawn that use his jaws and claws(it is the hardest for my to find stuff for him).
    Why not razor claws? You could also create a sort of artifact denture that fits over the fangs to add more damage. More custom than anything in the books. But that is something. Also, armor?

We have a night longbow stealthy stealth.
    Look up the Belt of Shadow Walking, page 602 of E3 Core. The Night might like that.

We have a demon summoner(he failed every roll so no idea what he can do but maybe there are artifacts that will help him).
    Maybe a hearthstone? Take a look at the Jewel of Daana'd pg 87 of Oadenol's. That specific hearthstone applies to water elementals. But there's no reason you can't create a Solar manse that creates a similar hearthstone that has the same effects for demon summoning. Beyond that, maybe minor artifacts that help improve cult rolls when summoning?

I will also want to make an army of machs for myself and will like recommendations for cool macha army stuff.
    Look at Chapter 5 of Wonders of the Lost Age.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted 2(with access to 2.5 and 3) looking for cool things to craft with magitec

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSarda View Post
    Not to derail, but high conviction and valor does not necessarily correlate to big militaristic points of view. High valor means you stand up to threats, and are not easily scared. High conviction means you stand up for your principles. It can mean high military point of view, but that is more the realm of intimacies. There are many ways to play out high conviction and high valor.

Does he need armor? Perhaps you can craft some power armor?

Why not razor claws? You could also create a sort of artifact denture that fits over the fangs to add more damage. More custom than anything in the books. But that is something. Also, armor?

Look up the Belt of Shadow Walking, page 602 of E3 Core. The Night might like that.

Maybe a hearthstone? Take a look at the Jewel of Daana'd pg 87 of Oadenol's. That specific hearthstone applies to water elementals. But there's no reason you can't create a Solar manse that creates a similar hearthstone that has the same effects for demon summoning. Beyond that, maybe minor artifacts that help improve cult rolls when summoning?

Look at Chapter 5 of Wonders of the Lost Age.
    I know that there are different ways to plat high conviction and valor, that just the way I want to play it( I want a crazy kid with cannons and machs and army of metal and big booms. Valor and Conviction just seems right in my head and the book note about how solars view 4/4 virtues solars as crazy was good for me).

I first choose a what to play, after that I abuse the rules to make it.
    I gave the virtues in order to improve my ability to explain myself.

Tnx for the advices.

Now all left is to look for stuff for the healer.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSnake'sCha View Post
    Now all left is to look for stuff for the healer.
    You're going to need craft water and the arts of Alchemy I think. Cause most of the potions and healing stuff requires one or the other.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSarda View Post
    You're going to need craft water and the arts of Alchemy I think. Cause most of the potions and healing stuff requires one or the other.
    I may take it.

Thats good information.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

What you need, of course, is a Raksha. Or two. Three can't hurt, and at that point a few more will only be more useful.

Ahem.

Cup of Ancient Days

In the past, when the Solars ruled Creation and all was as it should be, a delegation from Outside was brought to prostrate itself before the kindest and most generous of the Lords of What Is. Willingly swearing to serve man in all possible ways, their leader was permitted to give its new master a treasure beyond compare - a Cup wrested from the heart of disease and fragility, which could fan life back into the most wounded of thralls.

Though the time of ancient wonders is past, the Cup was merely lost and as its virtue comes from Beyond, it has not been diminished by Time. It remains an oddly plain seeming item, but if it is filled with a secret, sacred beverage on the night of the New Moon, it can pour forth healing waters until Luna turns away from Creation once more. Until then, the merest sip from the Cup - accompanied by a meaningless invocation in a forgotten tongue - is enough to repair any wound suffered by the drinker, restoring health and, some say, youth.

Mechanics

Outward Facing Oneiromancy (1 dot, 3 committed motes, or a Raksha minion)
    Assumption of Dreams and Passion - the Cup is ancient, and glamorous
    Ordinary Object Conjuration - drinking from the Cup while swearing to render one service to its owner (in Old Realm or any other language) creates a drink of Celestial Wine, which can heal most things.

This may not work to restore missing limbs, but most things short of that will be fixed by chugging down the contents. If you want to be even more effective, there are ways to boost the healing further, or grant near immortality.

Brand of the First Scaled One

When Creation was still being wrested from Unbeing, one of the favored servants of the Primordials struck down a being of fangs and scales. The creature was too potent to die easily, or utterly, and so wrapped itself around and within the essence of its slayer, becoming a mark from which scales grew in profusion. As the scales, claws, and fangs were sharper than most things known and unknown, this remnant of Beyond was permitted to persist, and others like it used to mark those favored by the Makers.

The Brands are rare now, but the powers they grant are truly terrifying - enough to allow a mortal to bite through iron and laugh at common blades, so how much worse would they be if they marked the Anathema?

Mechanics

Behemoth (1 dot, 3 committed motes)
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - the Brand becomes a part of the person it is applied to, though it can separate for a while in order to spy on foes. When apart, it does not enhance its wearer and is vulnerable as well...
    Assumption of Crocodile Form - the Brand grants a few mutations related to crocodiles, be it sharper teeth, scales, or other features.
    Knife Hand Dream - the Brand and those it enhances can parry weapons unarmed, and when the Brand is potent it can boost unarmed damage so it is aggravated and does 5 extra wounds as well.
    Armament of Flesh - the Brand's bite, and that of its owner, is particularly effective.
    Blade Turning Skin - the Brand is hard to hurt, as is the one it is inscribed upon.

Boosting the Behemoth to 3 or more dots is expensive in committed motes (unless you cheat, which you should), but allows much higher soak, even more damage, and other fun benefits.

Tome of Forbidden Knowledge

There is no god of Sorcery. Therefore, in the realm of What Is Not, the ungod of Sorcery resides and grows ever more powerful. A hero once wrested the Tome from the ungod's realm, fleeing with it to Creation where its secrets could be of use. Indeed, this text contains detailed instructions that perfectly describe how to summon any of Hell's denizens, though each binding circle it contains is subtly flawed. This makes the Tome deadly to mortals, dangerous to the Dragon-blooded, and of incomparable value to the Anathema, who are demon worshipers anyway.

That the Tome shrivels away into dust at the full moon, unless foul rituals depicted in its pages are used, would mean its end were it not for the fact that it reforms elsewhere Creation on the next New Moon unless returned to its maker - who is hidden somewhere in the Wyld, where the rituals cannot be enacted.

Mechanics

Inward Facing Oneiromancy (1 dot, 3 committed motes)
    Imposition of Law: the owner of the Tome cannot fail when trying to summon a demon so long as the summoning is in any ways possible. Binding it is another matter.

The Tome can be upgraded or customized in various ways - granting bonus dice rather than automatic success, boosting rolls to cast sorcery in combat or allowing sorcery to be cast even when distracted or wounded in combat... The most powerful form of the Tome is actually a concealed Raksha, who can allow its holder to cast any Tier 1 sorcery spell (without needing to know it, or take time doing so) a few times per month (or faster).

More if this appeals...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

As awesome as your usual stuff is, somehow I think a Raksha wyld-shaper isn't really the same as a magitech craftsman?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, do you have Wonders of the Lost Age? entire 2e book for that. if you specifically want a mechanical legion, the Brass Legion is generally the thing you want. bunch of brass golems made to be soldiers made in the first age, ready to be used when you find them.

if you want more well....I guess you could go for Dreams of the First Age if you really want to get into the most reality-warping and utopian solar shenanigans, and if your group is okay with that.

finally there is Shards of the Exalted Dream if you want too use the alternate rules for various things there, including actual exalted guns.

anything more than that is kind of up to your own creativity and whether the ST will allow it. but generally the weirder the tech, the better, don't go for things similar to modern tech, instead try for clockwork spiders and moving statues, cool looking bronze pipes, music based technology, weird puzzle boxes, things powered by elementals or wyld creatures stuck in a jar, things like that, you want to convince them that its as "sorcerous" as possible so that their precious setting isn't broken.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    As awesome as your usual stuff is, somehow I think a Raksha wyld-shaper isn't really the same as a magitech craftsman?
    I agree, the wyld stuff is really cool but not for this character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Okay, do you have Wonders of the Lost Age? entire 2e book for that. if you specifically want a mechanical legion, the Brass Legion is generally the thing you want. bunch of brass golems made to be soldiers made in the first age, ready to be used when you find them.

if you want more well....I guess you could go for Dreams of the First Age if you really want to get into the most reality-warping and utopian solar shenanigans, and if your group is okay with that.

finally there is Shards of the Exalted Dream if you want too use the alternate rules for various things there, including actual exalted guns.

anything more than that is kind of up to your own creativity and whether the ST will allow it. but generally the weirder the tech, the better, don't go for things similar to modern tech, instead try for clockwork spiders and moving statues, cool looking bronze pipes, music based technology, weird puzzle boxes, things powered by elementals or wyld creatures stuck in a jar, things like that, you want to convince them that its as "sorcerous" as possible so that their precious setting isn't broken.
    I will look there, for now I got a lot of luck(so many 10s and not a single 1) with building our crocodile dawn a tail blade and need to see what I will make for him.

I didn't got a good power source yet but we only played twice in this story and one of the time was the intro.

And I am lucky that my ST have all 2e books for me to use :)