The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 794
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    Well, a Cleric without enough WIS to cast spells isn't a terribly effective cleric (although it can have big CHA and attract lots of followers), but it's also a cleric that spends little divine power...

    Now I'm wondering who (which god) would give spells for Belkar if he had enough WIS...
    Either Skadi or Tyr, depending on whether it is the fact that he is a Ranger or that he is an alleged "sexy shoeless god of war".
    Last edited by Squire Doodad; 2019-08-20 at 04:53 PM.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Weirdo View Post
    Yes, it was my point; even he can tell he screwed up bad.
    I sort of think he's realized that the deal, which he only intended to last 2 thousand years and for her to do better in it, might well kill her, because he can't let this world die because then he loses the first chance to end the cycle.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Nope (9th panel). What's a ghast even?
    Ghasts are stronger versions of ghouls. Chaotic Evil corpse eaters with a paralyzing touch, a horrible stench, and people who die from ghoul fever rise as a ghoul over night.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    elan: dad plz dont kill roy
    tarquin: ok
    Damn it! Now I have to rewrite the script for #917.
    One and the same.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Do you guys think a low WIS Cleric would use more or less divine energy?

    Presumably a low WIS Cleric would drain less and use it less often, but maybe a higher WIS Cleric would be more efficient at doing so?
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That was my point. The death of millions, consecrated in the Name of The Dark One is what gave him the soul-power needed to ascend.
    Oh, huh, I don't think that's how it works. Why would people getting killed in his name send him their souls? The souls of the goblins okay, but their victims presumably continued on to their normal afterlives. always read that as the fact that he was so important to so many goblins that they worked themselves up to a year-long frenzy in his name being the important part. So many of them believed in him so much that his soul was transformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Xykon just has do his own massacres to fuel his own Divine Ascension if that's what he's going for. And it would be less praying to him as loyal followers, and more praying to him not to super-murder them now that he's a God. Kind of like what Hel got on the previous worlds.
    That's circular. He would need worship before becoming a god to ascend. He would need to be a part of people's lives while still active on the Mortal Plane. Murderous liches are dime a dozen, if all you needed to become a god was to murder enough people there would be a whole lot more. the Dark One was a visonnary that united an entire people behind him. Xykon is leagues behind.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Oh, huh, I don't think that's how it works. Why would people getting killed in his name send him their souls? The souls of the goblins okay, but their victims presumably continued on to their normal afterlives. always read that as the fact that he was so important to so many goblins that they worked themselves up to a year-long frenzy in his name being the important part. So many of them believed in him so much that his soul was transformed.

    That's circular. He would need worship before becoming a god to ascend. He would need to be a part of people's lives while still active on the Mortal Plane. Murderous liches are dime a dozen, if all you needed to become a god was to murder enough people there would be a whole lot more. the Dark One was a visonnary that united an entire people behind him. Xykon is leagues behind.
    If anything, Redcloak would be a better candidate as a part of TDO's pantheon, probably in a Dvalin-esque "first Supreme Leader of the Goblins" sense.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D.One View Post
    Now I'm wondering who (which god) would give spells for Belkar if he had enough WIS...
    Fenrir sounds right up early Belkar's alley. "Mirder everyone! Piss on their graves!"
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Fenrir sounds right up early Belkar's alley. "Mirder everyone! Piss on their graves!"
    Now, now. For all we know, he may be a perfect gentleman most of the time and may only have said those things as regards to that one particular context.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh Lord, somebody said "The_Weirdo" three times into a mirror again, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Weirdo... I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how an 'alliance' works.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Magrathea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Weirdo View Post
    Now, now. For all we know, he may be a perfect gentleman most of the time and may only have said those things as regards to that one particular context.
    He forgot about the whole thing, had a long night partying out in Limbo the night before, and barely woke up in time to get ready for the Godsmoot. He's just trying to make it through the biggest hangover, to tell the truth.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

    See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

    Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm


    "I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Eaten by the Snarl
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Jeez. Never thought I see Loki walking away looking like that.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The MunchKING's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Oh, huh, I don't think that's how it works. Why would people getting killed in his name send him their souls? The souls of the goblins okay, but their victims presumably continued on to their normal afterlives. always read that as the fact that he was so important to so many goblins that they worked themselves up to a year-long frenzy in his name being the important part. So many of them believed in him so much that his soul was transformed.
    It's the Dedication thing. The big old burst of belief energy you get just from mortals dying and releasing their soul energy. The idea is that the Goblins consecrating it to the memory of the Dark One meant he got enough Devotion (and the rest of the stuff from the Goblins who worshipped him) to ascend.

    Or at least that was my understanding when I read the story of him ascending.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That's circular. He would need worship before becoming a god to ascend.
    Depends on if enough Devotions would do it, or if you actually needed Worship and Belief first too. But the other point is that BY massacring enough people that it would propel him to Godhood, he would strike fear into the hearts of the rest of the world. Killing Azure City isn't going to do it. He needs to massacre like most of the civilized world and put himself far above other murder happy liches.


    I mean the Dark one didn't get power because a bunch of Goblins worked themselves up into a frothing frenzy over him, it was because they wiped out almost all the Humans until the Elves and Dwarves stepped in to make there be peace. (Start of Darkness)

    Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    If anything, Redcloak would be a better candidate as a part of TDO's pantheon, probably in a Dvalin-esque "first Supreme Leader of the Goblins" sense.
    But if double crosses the Dark One to save the world, I'm not sure if he'll get that coveted position.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    I mean he was basically trying to teach her why eating your veggies is important.

    That his choosen method was to remove said veggies from her diet was perhaps a tad unwise- and her uncle stealing all her meat doesn't help either.

    But ultimately?
    Not admitting Loki was right.
    Throwing away resources for a chance to win that stupid bet.
    Not giving up on the stupid bet.
    Accepting the stupid bet in the first place.
    All on Hel.
    Where did it say he was trying to teach Hel a lesson?
    I don't remember that scene. I just thought the god of mischief was playing a clever prank on his daughter.

    With worlds being temporary, any hurt would be temporary... except that they might be able to preserve this world, and that would kill Hel.

    Also, what would admitting anything do? The wager was in the design of the new world. It's baked into the world, and when the world ends, the condition ends. (Stated in this strip, too)

    They build a new world with new rules.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RatElemental View Post
    Bit late here but I think it's because she went invisible for a second there and he realized he might be killing his kid.
    I disagree that Loki was bound by such mortal limitations that the logical outcome of the bet would surprise him (assuming that Hel would, indeed, die from this, which is a belief I do not share, but for the purposes of the argument and all).
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    I, for one, have no sympathy for Hel. The only reason she is dying is because she chose to make her afterlife such a terrible place. She actively enslaves and tortures the souls she gets, which is exactly why the dwarves don't want to go to her plane. If she was kind to those souls she could have easily become one of the more powerful gods in this world. The dwarves could have ended up a pacifist culture that scorns violence, where dwarves always seek to pass away peacefully into the loving embrace of Hel. Instead she chose to torment her souls, so the dwarves have to be honorable or suffer eternally. She made her bed, now she must lie in it. If she dies then the bet is rendered null, and everyone is better off with one less evil god.

    Compare that to the Dark One, whose afterlife is a great reward for his followers, at least by goblin standards.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2019-08-20 at 05:24 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    I, for one, have no sympathy for Hel. The only reason she is dying is because she chose to make her afterlife such a terrible place. She actively enslaves and tortures the souls she gets, which is exactly why the dwarves don't want to go to her plane. If she was kind to those souls she could have easily become one of the more powerful gods in this world. The dwarves could have ended up a pacifist culture that scorns violence, where dwarves always seek to pass away peacefully into the loving embrace of Hel. Instead she chose to torment her souls, so the dwarves have to be honorable or suffer eternally. She made her bed, now she must lie in it. If she dies then the bet is rendered null, and everyone is better off with one less evil god.

    Compare that to the Dark One, whose afterlife is a great reward for his followers, at least by goblin standards.
    I do agree with you on that. And I myself don't sympathize with her. I just think she has good reason to be angry at Loki. And mind: I LIKE Loki.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh Lord, somebody said "The_Weirdo" three times into a mirror again, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Weirdo... I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how an 'alliance' works.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2016

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Weirdo View Post
    I do agree with you on that. And I myself don't sympathize with her. I just think she has good reason to be angry at Loki. And mind: I LIKE Loki.
    I agree with that. Loki's definitely put Hel's life at risk.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    It's the Dedication thing. The big old burst of belief energy you get just from mortals dying and releasing their soul energy. The idea is that the Goblins consecrating it to the memory of the Dark One meant he got enough Devotion (and the rest of the stuff from the Goblins who worshipped him) to ascend. Or at least that was my understanding when I read the story of him ascending.
    Again, how could the goblins hijack that energy? In that comic this energy is clearly going to Thor not to whatever deity the bugbear followed. TDO would get the Dedication and Souls of the goblins that died in his name but why would he get those of the people they killed?




    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Depends on if enough Devotions would do it, or if you actually needed Worship and Belief first too. But the other point is that BY massacring enough people that it would propel him to Godhood, he would strike fear into the hearts of the rest of the world. Killing Azure City isn't going to do it. He needs to massacre like most of the civilized world and put himself far above other murder happy liches.
    The Gods need four energy sources, it stands to reason that to become a good you need to gather some quantity of each. TDO had all, Xykon assuming he could somehow hijack Devotion and managed to trap souls on a large scale would still be missing two.



    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I mean the Dark one didn't get power because a bunch of Goblins worked themselves up into a frothing frenzy over him, it was because they wiped out almost all the Humans until the Elves and Dwarves stepped in to make there be peace. (Start of Darkness)
    "Over the centuries, certain powerful elves had managed to attract enough of a group of followers that they were able to become gods themselves. [...] Now this horrific year of violence dedicated to one single man served to raise the Dark One's spirit, too."

    Sounds like the important part is having many devoted followers. Murderizing a continent is simply how the goblins chose to express that devotion.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    I agree with that. Loki's definitely put Hel's life at risk.
    I'm not so quick to believe that.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Weirdo View Post
    I do agree with you on that. And I myself don't sympathize with her. I just think she has good reason to be angry at Loki. And mind: I LIKE Loki.
    You do? I thought you had concluded that dwarves should turn him into a golem and torture for all eternity or something along those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm not so quick to believe that.
    She literally almost fades away in this strip.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2004

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anymage View Post
    If gods could change quiddities, there'd be some with of that. The fact that you don't have any strangely out-of-pantheon gods (like a western zodiac animal having the yellow aura of the norse northeners) strongly implies that you're stuck with the quiddity you were born with.

    And while in theory nothing would stop a blue western god from hanging out with the yellow northeners, gods squabble. So long as it's just intra-pantheon squabbling, any resulting snarl-like manifestations are single color and easily dealt with. Inter-pantheon dealings are formal and removed because the risks are so high. If someone with a different color starts hanging out like they were family, they'll most likely start squabbling like family but the risks will be much worse.
    Er, I should clarify. I meant there's nothing stopping a mortal from converting (eg, a human born in Azure City could, if they were so inclined, become a worshiper of Odin or Ereshkigal).

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GregTD View Post
    Loki is the one who proposed the bet. He should be blamed.

    But only a total idiot tells an evil God "it's war to the knife". Smart evil people attack from behind.
    Didn't Loki propose The Bet as a way of teaching Hel a lesson in an attempt to modify her behaviour. Insofar as we can project human parenting ideals onto evil gods who are literal embodiments of death, disease, trickery etc, this was intended to be a parent revealing some wisdom to his child. He wasn't just doing this for shots and goggles.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fyraltari's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightcanon View Post
    Didn't Loki propose The Bet as a way of teaching Hel a lesson in an attempt to modify her behaviour. Insofar as we can project human parenting ideals onto evil gods who are literal embodiments of death, disease, trickery etc, this was intended to be a parent revealing some wisdom to his child. He wasn't just doing this for shots and goggles.
    We don't know that. It's a popular theory but it is just as much suppoted by the comic as the "Loki wanted to be the main dwarven evil god" theory.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law



    Forum Wisdom

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    You do? I thought you had concluded that dwarves should turn him into a golem and torture for all eternity or something along those lines.
    I do. Nothing personal on what he deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Oh Lord, somebody said "The_Weirdo" three times into a mirror again, didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Weirdo... I'm not sure you're entirely clear on how an 'alliance' works.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Er, I should clarify. I meant there's nothing stopping a mortal from converting (eg, a human born in Azure City could, if they were so inclined, become a worshiper of Odin or Ereshkigal).
    If there is there's something wrong with this system.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Breccia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    she might not survive the story at this pace.
    It takes a lot to kill a god. She'll be fine. She just needs to stop exerting herself and keep things...low key.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jul 2018

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    On TDO's ascension, I think you just need the four forms of nutrition in such large amounts that it's hard to get.

    Pretty much all the goblins Believed in him and his goal. They Worshipped him as their saviour. They Dedicated themselves to his cause. And with them being naught but sources of XP in the eyes of the other gods, their Souls were free to join him.

    Quite frankly I'd guess the main reason why TDO is unique with forming a new quiddity is because a) no god had bothered with goblin souls in any significant quantity, and b) if a character from a PC race reaches that level of importance some god most likely takes notice and puts themselves up as that character's patron, thus ensuring that the new godling joins that pantheon rather than splitting off into their own.
    Last edited by Worldsong; 2019-08-20 at 05:50 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Clistenes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    A god with the emotional maturity of a child. You would think after thousands and thousands of years she might grow up a little or learn something. Guess she is jus like some real world people I know.
    Thor said that Hel is sorta wrong in the head BECAUSE of the wage...she just gets too little faith and too many souls...

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It takes a lot to kill a god. She'll be fine. She just needs to stop exerting herself and keep things...low key.
    I'd say centuries to a couple millennia of subpar souls and no worship (following a few centuries of absolutely nothing) is quite a lot, fading from existence looks pretty bad, and I doubt she's going to stop exerting herself barring a solution to this problem.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGuy

    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That's circular. He would need worship before becoming a god to ascend..
    He just needs to find an old copy of Dragon magazine with time travel spells.

    Then AFTER he ascends to be a god, he can go back in time and get the worshippers.
    Last edited by Dion; 2019-08-20 at 05:58 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2018

    Default Re: OOTS #1176 - The Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Technically not her last vampire - just the last one that can pull off the hail-mary dwarven vote plan. (She still has a "high priest" standing around in the moot, unable to be attacked, and who will probably be allowed to depart peacefully too.)



    Marduk probably? Thor refers to the whole pantheon as "his clan." He also occupies a pretty prominent position in the mythology they are lifted from I believe.
    The eastern pantheon in Oots is the Greek one
    The western one is the Babylonian one
    And not coincidentally the one with an evil top deity
    'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! “The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered, crying:'Auta i lómë!" The night is passing!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •