The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Looking for a Pathfinder AP 1.0 to play in

Hi all, recently I made a character that I'm really looking forward to playing in a long campaign. Wondering if there is anyone on here that is looking to run a Pathfinder (first edition) Adventure Path. Also would be looking for some other players who like to join as well.

I've run the first 2 books of Skull and Shackles so I'd prefer not to play that, and I've also played the first book of Legacy of Fire. Beyond those two I'd be interested in playing any of the AP's. Particularly would love to try Rise of the Runelords.
    Last edited by Dark Hawk799; 2019-08-23 at 03:12 PM.
    There are many perks to being a dragonslayer.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for a Pathfinder AP 1.0 to play in

I sure wouldn't mind doing an adventure path. That would be fun. Rise of the Runelords looks great.
    Last edited by Lokio; 2019-08-20 at 01:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

NecromancerGuy

The tricky part is getting a DM to run, especially now with 2E out.

I've heard great things about the runelords AP and have really wanted to try it out, but have never found someone willing to run it yet

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Hawk799 View Post
    The tricky part is getting a DM to run, especially now with 2E out.

I've heard great things about the runelords AP and have really wanted to try it out, but have never found someone willing to run it yet
    Eh I don't know of many PF1 players making the switch. My PFs lodge only has 2/150 people playing it so I am not too concerned. I would like to play this AP as well but we shall see if anyone steps up to GM it.
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #5

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    Eh I don't know of many PF1 players making the switch. My PFs lodge only has 2/150 people playing it so I am not too concerned. I would like to play this AP as well but we shall see if anyone steps up to GM it.
    Awesome, hopefully the more interested people, the more likely someone would be willing to GM it .

I haven't looked much into 2E, but so far there hasn't been much that stands out and makes me want to switch. I know 1E too well to give it up .

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome, hopefully the more interested people, the more likely someone would be willing to GM it .

I haven't looked much into 2E, but so far there hasn't been much that stands out and makes me want to switch. I know 1E too well to give it up .
    The thing about pathfinder's appeal is that you can find a tech wielding alchemist right next to a frothing barbarian, it's pretty much the next generation GURPS at this point. Putting out a new edition immediately narrows you down to only a couple of books. Maybe people will make the switch en masse when there's more setting to go off on, but as it stands now I doubt it.

That being said, I'd love to set myself up in a 1e game, not run it though.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Posting to express interest in a PF1 game.

As for my opinion of PF2, I'll just mention that I'm posting this right after trying PF2 out and leave it at that.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just Helping View Post
    Posting to express interest in a PF1 game.

As for my opinion of PF2, I'll just mention that I'm posting this right after trying PF2 out and leave it at that.
    It's plainly obvious I had more fun using Flurry of Blows while Shapeshifted.

But now I just want to be a dragon. If I play in this game I'll make the dragonest character. Maybe druid or a synthesist (even if unchained, will be dragon).
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

9. - Top - End - #9

NecromancerGuy

It's plainly obvious I had more fun using Flurry of Blows while Shapeshifted.

But now I just want to be a dragon. If I play in this game I'll make the dragonest character. Maybe druid or a synthesist (even if unchained, will be dragon).
    The character I made that I want to try is a superstitious barbarian, so there could be some very interesting interactions between him and a person who becomes a dragon .

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

The character I made that I want to try is a superstitious barbarian, so there could be some very interesting interactions between him and a person who becomes a dragon .
    Hahah, ok. That would be really cool, actually.

I was thinking of all of the ways I could stack a breath weapon.

What I came up with was Synthesist summoner (mostly for flavor, not a bajillion attacks, even would work unchained) and dumping 6 points into Breath Weapon for 3/day at level 9.
    Take Skill Focus Arcana, Eldritch Heritage, and Improved Eldritch Heritage for the Draconic Bloodline breath weapon (goes up to more as well level) at level 11.
    Be a Samsaran to learn the Dragonbreath Spell, if game ends up being high OP, Sacred Geo Quicken so I can breath weapon twice per round!
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wouldn't mind playing in an AP either. Thinking something like an Arcanist.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I'm interested in Carrion Crown or Jade Regent.
    "There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar - Babylon 5

13. - Top - End - #13

NecromancerGuy

Hahah, ok. That would be really cool, actually.

I was thinking of all of the ways I could stack a breath weapon.

What I came up with was Synthesist summoner (mostly for flavor, not a bajillion attacks, even would work unchained) and dumping 6 points into Breath Weapon for 3/day at level 9.
    Take Skill Focus Arcana, Eldritch Heritage, and Improved Eldritch Heritage for the Draconic Bloodline breath weapon (goes up to more as well level) at level 11.
    Be a Samsaran to learn the Dragonbreath Spell, if game ends up being high OP, Sacred Geo Quicken so I can breath weapon twice per round!
    That's a lot of breath attacks . I recently learned that if you have a melee touch spell held, then attacking with claws allows you to discharge the spell through your claws. When I learned this I started looking at dragon sorcerer to do full attacks with claws that deliver my spells.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

By the by, I'm happy to play the big stupid fighter tanky thing in this. :)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

That's a lot of breath attacks . I recently learned that if you have a melee touch spell held, then attacking with claws allows you to discharge the spell through your claws. When I learned this I started looking at dragon sorcerer to do full attacks with claws that deliver my spells.
    Yep.

3.5 had a feat called Draconic Claw I think, which gave you claws, but also yet you swipe with every spell cast. So I would put it on a skirmishing build, cast a touch spell, move, deliver it, and also take a swift action swipe so I got 2x skirmish.

16. - Top - End - #16

Planetar

I'd be interested in this type of game, going with a shifter and then probably a vigilante with the morphic weapons talent (also known as the "eidolon-less synthesist" ).

Im open to any adventure path the potential GM would choose

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

As for my part, I've got a Witch mostly to go. Cackling with Fortune is always good stuff, right?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I've always wanted to play a mental caster who's got illusions on their belt as well. Don't know the exact build yet, but I got stuff dancing in my head.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, sure. A lot of the actual fitting for all our builds into characters will have to wait until a GM appears, and announces an AP or setting for us to contextualize them. From what we've said, though, I think we'd have an interesting party.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just Helping View Post
    Oh, sure. A lot of the actual fitting for all our builds into characters will have to wait until a GM appears, and announces an AP or setting for us to contextualize them. From what we've said, though, I think we'd have an interesting party.
    My concept seems to work more at a higher level. Maybe I make a different thread for a level 11 game.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Posting tentative interest as a GM. I'm good with whatever. I've played in Kingmaker, am currently playing in Strange Aeons, and am currently running Skulls & Shackles (all RL games). I currently have no ongoing PbP games.

I prefer running on a dedicated Discord server, but am willing to use these forums if enough are against Discord.

If you'll have me, we can discuss as a group (and vote) which AP to play. After that's determined, I'll do a 16/answer specific questions.

Edit: Of course, unless this died in the water, and I was a week or so too late even to be late.
    Last edited by cameronpants; 2019-09-11 at 11:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cameronpants View Post
    Posting tentative interest as a GM. I'm good with whatever. I've played in Kingmaker, am currently playing in Strange Aeons, and am currently running Skulls & Shackles (all RL games). I currently have no ongoing PbP games.

I prefer running on a dedicated Discord server, but am willing to use these forums if enough are against Discord.

If you'll have me, we can discuss as a group (and vote) which AP to play. After that's determined, I'll do a 16/answer specific questions.

Edit: Of course, unless this died in the water, and I was a week or so too late even to be late.
    GASP! GM SIGHTED M'BOYS!!!

I actually prefer discord as well. As for AP, may I suggest The Tyrant's Grasp, it's supposedly the last AP Paizo is releasing for PF 1.0

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    GASP! GM SIGHTED M'BOYS!!!

I actually prefer discord as well. As for AP, may I suggest The Tyrant's Grasp, it's supposedly the last AP Paizo is releasing for PF 1.0
    I would be so down for Tyrants gasp, I like discord but rules will need to be in place since people can get carried away with posting while some of the other pcs are offline.
    Blarg...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Posting interest, as I have not yet played (or even really heard of) the Tyrantís Grasp AP.
    Chaotic Good, probably

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Posting interest as a player pending the 16. Don't have a strong preference for which AP.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

I wrote an original urban fantasy series. You can read it for free at http://emrysvaughn.com/

I'm currently writing an epic fantasy series, which you can read for free at http://www.brokenlandserial.com/

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Posting tentative interest pending B16.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'll post interest as well, but I can't do discord. I'm willing to play the cleric .

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I have a lot of hats. So many hats. I'll toss one in the ring. I'll have a bunch of questions about tone and theme goals, eventually.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Count me in too, please! I really want to play Tyrant's Grasp for sure, but a 1E AP with some recognizable faces would go over quite well.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Active Games:
    - Ironfang Invasion (DM)
    - Darkest Dusk (Whisper)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Count me in too, please! I really want to play Tyrant's Grasp for sure, but a 1E AP with some recognizable faces would go over quite well.
    It would be nice to play again you you 3 sec!
    Blarg...