New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: What will Curly do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    The dwarves have overtly stated that a new tree needs to be found and cut down to make a new table. Rich has adequately signposted that everything related to the Godsmoot is stuck for the foreseeable future
    Honestly, I read the elders' comments about the table as relief that they had an excuse to stop the vote. If using a spell to repair the table would be fine, there's no way they're going to let the vampires know that. They're going to play up the option that is going to take the longest.

I personally foresee this current threat to the world's continued existence sorted by end of book, but I also don't see that as any reason for all the clerics at the godsmoot to come helping either. They don't know where they need to go, and I don't see the Order bothering to go back/use a sending to tell them. And the clan elders don't still me as all that useful in the task either.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Am I dating myself if I suggest Curly will fall to the floor and run in circles shouting, "Whoop-woop-woop!"

Nyuck nyuck nyuck!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yirggzmb View Post
    Honestly, I read the elders' comments about the table as relief that they had an excuse to stop the vote. If using a spell to repair the table would be fine, there's no way they're going to let the vampires know that. They're going to play up the option that is going to take the longest.
    Also a lot of conforming tables could be made from one tree. They may well have made spares. It is the sort of wood that you can make a punchline out of.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
    Also a lot of conforming tables could be made from one tree. They may well have made spares. It is the sort of wood that you can make a punchline out of.
    Even more, have you seen the diameter of that table? The tree-corpse used for that surely produced a Hel lot of "sister tables".
    Last edited by D.One; 2019-09-02 at 03:10 PM.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

I would be surprised if the table wasn't old as balls. If that's the case, it's not like the raw materials will still be gathering dust in a storeroom somewhere.
    ungelic is us

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hroþila View Post
    I would be surprised if the table wasn't old as balls. If that's the case, it's not like the raw materials will still be gathering dust in a storeroom somewhere.
    My point is less about replacement pieces stored, and more about "Representative Stonefoot, can we please borrow your table, that was made from the same corpse of this one and has the same size, so we can finish this meeting?"
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

7. - Top - End - #97

So they stop their meeting in Firmament, send an envoy over to the capital (wherever that is) to ask for a different table, then have that table slowly shipped back to Firmament to continue a vote that will have been superseded by the Order destroying Team Evil and ending the debate?

Why don't y'all just admit that this isn't getting resolved before the end of the series? Every alternate "get a table" plan you come up with keeps turning into that, so why not just say it?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

So they stop their meeting in Firmament, send an envoy over to the capital (wherever that is) to ask for a different table, then have that table slowly shipped back to Firmament to continue a vote that will have been superseded by the Order destroying Team Evil and ending the debate?

Why don't y'all just admit that this isn't getting resolved before the end of the series? Every alternate "get a table" plan you come up with keeps turning into that, so why not just say it?
    The only vampire left in dwarven lands is Curly, who is actively running away and may or may not survive very long. Hel's plan is effectively over and the threat from it is gone. So the table gets fixed, or they borrow one from nearby, or something. They finish the vote, more or less wrapping up the plot threads from this book, and the order continues to the next gate.

It's just, I don't see any reason for the vote not to get sorted this book. The world is still in dangerous from the snarl. "Oh, also there's a pending vote back in the dwarven lands" isn't really necessary and it's almost redundant in my eyes. Xykon is a threat to the final gate. The order's gotta stop him. And all that with Redcloak and the Dark One. And all that is the case even without an unknown outcome of the Godsmoot hanging over them.

9. - Top - End - #99

So it's just like how we had to have the plan to overthrow Tarquin resolved last book? And all those pages dedicated to Jirix's actions in Gobbotopia and the Azurites conquering an island to use as their new home? Or is the truth that the total page count dedicated to these side threads amount to zilch, a panel of Jirix stomping on a Demon Cockroach, and a panel showing Hinjo fighting some bugs?

There wasn't anything showing how the Greysky Thieves Guild is dealing with their multiple losing encounters with the Order or the CPPD fixing their prison after Elan and Thog busted out inside an hour.

Why do you think Rich is going to treat this subplot any different?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So it's just like how we had to have the plan to overthrow Tarquin resolved last book? And all those pages dedicated to Jirix's actions in Gobbotopia and the Azurites conquering an island to use as their new home? Or is the truth that the total page count dedicated to these side threads amount to zilch, a panel of Jirix stomping on a Demon Cockroach, and a panel showing Hinjo fighting some bugs?

There wasn't anything showing how the Greysky Thieves Guild is dealing with their multiple losing encounters with the Order or the CPPD fixing their prison after Elan and Thog busted out inside an hour.

Because it's not actually a subplot, it's the main plot of the book. It's more than important enough to be dealt with explicitly.

Sure, it's always possible that the Godsmoot will continue (off-panel) into book 7. I just don't understand why you're so certain of that.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

11. - Top - End - #101

Well, the fact that resolving it is one of the ways for Durkon to stop being a statue helps.

12. - Top - End - #102

My plan is that Minrah or Tinna had Make Whole prepared but Gontor didn’t (I forget if we’ve had dawn yet but they could have chose it for the night watch) and they fix the table, resolved in a page and one standard action.
    Last edited by Schroeswald; 2019-09-03 at 07:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

We've had dawn come and go, since the meeting was mid-morning. And look, we've left the chamber and abandoned the council to their own devices, while a pair of bards tag teamed a Song of Freedom to get Durkon free. Table is still broken, since the meeting is still suspended.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The meeting would be a weird thing to leave hanging honestly, this whole arc was about stoping the meeting from going wrong, so this would be where it would make the most sense to resolve this plotline dramatically speaking

15. - Top - End - #105

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah I expected it to get resolved too but I guess it could be to justify some people not helping like others have speculated?

I wonder if there will be Durkon explaining his mission to the rest of the Order. I really want to see how Roy, Haley, Elan, Belkar, and V respond to the news that there have been uncounted previous worlds destroyed by the Snarl, and the news that Durkon is on a mission from Thor himself, and the news that said mission is to negotiate with Redcloak.

16. - Top - End - #106

I do think we’ll eventually see the clerics (or at least Veldrina) again, they set up a perfectly good communication system and it would be a shame to waste it.

Now here is my (vague cause I’m making it my sig) disclaimer about it:

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).