The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 47 of 47
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    The thing about Parks and Recreation, which is still on, is that when it starts, they are all terrible people. As the series goes on, they all gradually learn to be better, and that's what makes it great (we're not going to talk about the very last episode, which invalidates all of Andy's growth and makes him awful once again).
    Considering where Chris Pratt's character starts in season 1 I doubt I'll take a liking to him.

    Spoiler: Parks and Rec Season 1
    Show
    He breaks his legs and pretty much turns his girlfriend into a servant. Then he lies about the date his casts are to come off just to get her to wait on him longer.

    Yeah, he's scum! Even when she found out and kicked him out making him homeless I felt no pity for the character. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Especially if it's your had working, selfless, girlfriend, and you lie to her.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    I liked Johnny Karate. I didn't like him pressuring April into having kids. That was a S1 Andy move.
    As opposed to breaking up with her or giving up on his own desires? If one person wants kids and the other doesn't there are only three moves available there, if she really hated the idea she could as easily have dumped him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    JoshL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    As opposed to breaking up with her or giving up on his own desires? If one person wants kids and the other doesn't there are only three moves available there, if she really hated the idea she could as easily have dumped him.
    Yes, those were the other options. Andy at the beginning of the show takes what he wants without compromising or even considering someone else's feelings. He grew beyond that, and then in the last episode was right back there again. April could have pushed back, in fact, she did, but he just kept on pressuring. She decided to after talking to Leslie. I'm not discounting her own agency in that, but there is a lot of "normal society" pressure to have kids, and women who don't want to are constantly told they should. Maybe it's my own perspective to have wanted to see the show say that's okay too, but mostly I would have liked Andy to understand he doesn't always get everything he wants, the way they had been shaping the character.

    Ranting aside, I really do like where the rest of the show went

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Considering where Chris Pratt's character starts in season 1 I doubt I'll take a liking to him.
    Season 1 P&R is a bit different than the rest, if that makes you feel any better. Like, there's no way you could imagine season 3 Anne dating season 3 Andy, because the characters are so different.

    Still hate Ron Swanson as a person.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    Yes, those were the other options. Andy at the beginning of the show takes what he wants without compromising or even considering someone else's feelings. He grew beyond that, and then in the last episode was right back there again. April could have pushed back, in fact, she did, but he just kept on pressuring. She decided to after talking to Leslie. I'm not discounting her own agency in that, but there is a lot of "normal society" pressure to have kids, and women who don't want to are constantly told they should. Maybe it's my own perspective to have wanted to see the show say that's okay too, but mostly I would have liked Andy to understand he doesn't always get everything he wants, the way they had been shaping the character.

    Ranting aside, I really do like where the rest of the show went
    Totally agree with that. Also, maybe that's something to discuss before getting married? If two people up in a rush decide to marry each other and later find out they don't agree on the kid situation, that sucks but it's entirely on their own heads. Somebody is probably gonna come out of that hurt.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-09-09 at 08:30 AM.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Still hate Ron Swanson as a person.
    How could you hate Axe Cop?

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    How could you hate Axe Cop?
    I love Nick Offerman. I hate Ron Swanson.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I love Nick Offerman. I hate Ron Swanson.
    I can't Peleeieve it. I personally think Ron Swanson is hilarious, the whole point of his character is what a hypocrite he is.

    Still not as good as John Ralphio of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I can't Peleeieve it. I personally think Ron Swanson is hilarious, the whole point of his character is what a hypocrite he is.

    Still not as good as John Ralphio of course.
    Didn't say he's not hilarious, he totally is (and I give Offerman a lot of credit for that, he's awesome). I just hate him as a person.

    ....just like John Ralphio, for example.

    Oh, also, "Peeleeieve" is the greatest word ever coined.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-09-09 at 05:04 PM.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Didn't say he's not hilarious, he totally is (and I give Offerman a lot of credit for that, he's awesome). I just hate him as a person.

    ....just like John Ralphio, for example.

    Oh, also, "Peeleeieve" is the greatest word ever coined.
    I'm one of those people who feels embarrassment empathy really strongly, so characters who have no self-awareness make it easier for me not to feel tremendously uncomfortable.

    Glad you like it :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm one of those people who feels embarrassment empathy really strongly, so characters who have no self-awareness make it easier for me not to feel tremendously uncomfortable.

    Glad you like it :)
    How did you like Scott's Tots? Frankly, I don't get people who can't watch it, that's a hilarious episode.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    How did you like Scott's Tots? Frankly, I don't get people who can't watch it, that's a hilarious episode.
    I haven't watched The Office so IDK. The first season is really bad, and I haven't ever had a month to devote to grinding through the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I haven't watched The Office so IDK. The first season is really bad, and I haven't ever had a month to devote to grinding through the show.
    It's kind of like Parks and Rec, in that the first season is a lot slower and different than the rest of the show. The pilot was basically a shot-for-shot recreation of the UK pilot, but David Brent is malicious while they made Michael Scott a lot more empathetic and lovable (despite still having a huge selfish streak), which changes the whole tone.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    It's kind of like Parks and Rec, in that the first season is a lot slower and different than the rest of the show. The pilot was basically a shot-for-shot recreation of the UK pilot, but David Brent is malicious while they made Michael Scott a lot more empathetic and lovable (despite still having a huge selfish streak), which changes the whole tone.
    It is on the list for sure. The last sit com I watched through was Trailer Park Boys, as I had broken a wisdom tooth and was on powerful pain medication for a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    I really enjoyed "Better Than Us"... It's been released recently.
    Homebrew Stuff:

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Just curious, what is current price of the lowest Netflix subscription? Last I checked I think it was $9+tax (in the US). Someone want to check this? Thanks!

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator
     
    Peelee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Just curious, what is current price of the lowest Netflix subscription? Last I checked I think it was $9+tax (in the US). Someone want to check this? Thanks!
    Spoiler: I'm assuming you don't care about the disc plans
    Show
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed
    In a Forum full of dorks, you are truly King Dork. Long may you reign!
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show

    Spoiler: I'm the sun, I'm the sun
    Show
    Spoiler: I can move I can run
    Show
    Spoiler: But you'll never stop me burning
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: What new, good stuff is coming to Netflix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Spoiler: I'm assuming you don't care about the disc plans
    Show
    "Disc plan"? Why don't I just cut out the middle man and just literally flush my money down the toilet?
    Last edited by Magic_Hat; 2019-09-15 at 01:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •