New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Star Wars FFG

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Star Wars FFG

So, I was wanting to know about rules for buying occupational services. For example, 1 build I am making requires a customized weapon to maximize the crit capability. My guy is far from the crafting type, so he needs to outsource the weapon crafting. It makes sense that the cost should be relative to the Mechanic's skill, but how much for what skill level? Are there already rules for this? If so, where? Pls and thank you in advance for the assistance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Star Wars FFG

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanicErupt View Post
    So, I was wanting to know about rules for buying occupational services. For example, 1 build I am making requires a customized weapon to maximize the crit capability. My guy is far from the crafting type, so he needs to outsource the weapon crafting. It makes sense that the cost should be relative to the Mechanic's skill, but how much for what skill level? Are there already rules for this? If so, where? Pls and thank you in advance for the assistance.
    Special Modifications, page 91, table 3-20. You pay for the parts (100 credits) plus (500 credits x Difficulty). That means first mod is 1,600 credits, then the second mod is another 2,100 credits, and the third mod is 2,600 credits. Anything past three mods and you have to ask your GM how he scales crafting difficulty (does it increase past 5, or start to upgrade?).