The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Dungeon of the mad mage - OOC

Hi guys! This will be our general all purpose OOC thread. In the beginning, I'd like to ask each player to post a character sheet, a short character description, and a speech color. then we will decide on the connections between characters in the group, and begin our adventures!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

Default Re: Dungeon of the mad mage - OOC

Player Character Status
    Master_Rahl22 Hammer, Warforged Cleric of Moradin Finished
    Athaleon Kelhedros WIP
    Tallytrev813 Ragnar Tharlsdom Finished
    jdizzlean Deero Finished
    Samduke Zuzu Finished

Deero is a aasimar bounty hunter. contrary to other aasimar, he doesn't hide what he is, but flaunts it. He is an officer of the Lightswatch, an organization built on bringing the lawless to justice

I will use green text
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-09-15 at 09:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Medals
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

okay Zuzu will use blue
    GM as noted in pm and to others I am literally moving from place a to place b, aug 31 my internet will go to limited to library for september hopefully not longer, I will try to be on at least every other day for posting. if needed for things gm you can npc/robot zuzu
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-08-26 at 05:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Kelhedros will use my usual brown. Also he's no longer WIP.

Kelhedros is a kind of knight-errant, a missionary for Corellon Larethian who proselytizes by example, and a de facto ambassador for his distant homeland (as well as for his religion and race).
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2019-08-27 at 10:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hammer will use Grey for speaking. He was created by a wizard who didn't mean to create a sentient being and set free to wander Faerun. Somehow he met the rest of the group and decided to help them.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

6. - Top - End - #6

DruidGuy

i'll post up some "how i know you" stuff tonight
    Show

The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

7. - Top - End - #7

Planetar

Due to an unexpected wi-fi problem, I won't be able to respond here for the next week or so. In the meantime, I'd be happy if you could start discussing between you the situations in which you guys came together, the reasons you got to the city, maybe write some form of a shor backstory for your character...

I apologzie for the additional delay

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenblade View Post
    Due to an unexpected wi-fi problem, I won't be able to respond here for the next week or so. In the meantime, I'd be happy if you could start discussing between you the situations in which you guys came together, the reasons you got to the city, maybe write some form of a shor backstory for your character...

I apologzie for the additional delay
    *moving in full swing even though new place may not have power until after the holiday*

well Zuzu's family history is one of mystery to her as she was orphaned at a young age taken in by one of the "thieve's" guild and raised in that tradition. she knows most of the city as well as the back of her hand, where an easy mark might be as well as where to avoid during certain events or times of day.
    As for her connection with the party would be one of going against a greater evil and the need to work with others to get the job done.

9. - Top - End - #9

DruidGuy

and by tonight, i meant tonight :p

Deero:

Everyone has a home, or so they say. I never had much of anywhere to call my own. Sure I had a childhood, and someone gave me a pot of gruel everyday to make sure I didn't starve, but a home, no. All about me I saw the wickedness of man made manifest. I saw how the thief destroyed a family, how a murderer destroyed a soul, how the evil destroyed all in wanton fashion.

In time, I began to see small spots of light among the darkness, small acts of kindness to offset the evil acts of others. Some of these bright spots would grow over time to encompass a community, and in that victory a cascade of Good would spring like a waterfall over everything it touched. At the head of the largest of these fonts always stood one of the Lightswatch. While they were few and far between, none could deny their impact on those around them. I was drawn to these like a moth to the flame, and could no more resist it, had I even wished it so.

One such, Knight Chevalier, Ser Gavin of the Lightswatch would in time become my sponsor and en-squire me within the order. Of course I had a past, like any other, but in overcoming that past, I would become something else. As a child I occasionally ran alongside one known as Zuzu. At best, what we did could be called survival, at worst, something else entirely. While we aren't what you would call friends, Zuzu does upon occasion provide some details about my investigations, and in this way we still have a tenuous relationship.

I have spent many years atoning for those days as part of my training. Under Ser Gavin's tutelage, I became a new man. I was able to manifest my beliefs and turn them into my actions. We rove the countryside and the city alike as Sanctioned servants of the crown in the fight against evil's grasp upon the kingdom of Faerun.

Every warrior has needs, and those needs are best served at times by a smith. The best of these is known to me as Hammer, a wandering Cleric of Moradin, who is still seeking his own soul. While my own needs are small, my Master's were great, and many a night was passed watching Hammer tirelessly swing his namesake strengthening Ser Gavin's accoutrements for the coming battles. We passed these numerous sessions in point and counterpoint, each asking a question, each answering as best we were able the other's.

As my training progressed, we ventured ever farther from the capitol. On one such occasion, we found ourselves in an elvish enclave, for darkness resides in all the races of the land. We there worked closely with a Knight Templar initiate, known then as Kelhedros. My master led the investigation with the advisal of the Templar. In no time the perpetrator was found. It was my duty at the time to hold Kelhedros back from administering the final blow, as my Master wished the captured to stand trial for his sins.

While it is often necessary to be both Judge, Jury, and Executioner, the wicked should be made to pay recompense for their crimes when the opportunity exists, rather than simply paying with their lives. This is a core tenement of the Lightswatch, and one which Ser Gavin stood firm upon. The Templar wasn't happy with it, but he acquiesced to Ser Gavin's will since he was the one calling the shots, this time.

After my requisite service as squire was completed, I would take the Lightswatch Oath, and become Ser Deero of the Lightswatch.

Darkness gathers and my watch begins
    It shall not end, til death's embrace
    I shall live and die by my Oath
    I am the Light in the Darkness
    the shield that stands firm
    I pledge my soul to the Lightswatch
    For this day, and all the day's to come

It is here my tale begins anew, for in this rebirth my past is erased. On occasion, one would ask of me my age, and my answer is however long it's been since my Oath-day.

Now, many years later, I sit in the private room of this Inn, The Steel Pike, surrounded by those I would call Friends, as we set out to defeat a great evil. First we dine, a feast to fill our bellies, and then we shall dine on the blood of the wicked, a feast to fill our souls. For soon we shall stand upon the precipice of a great pulsing portal, that has been found just outside the walls. As I raise a toast to my new companions, I can't but wonder what depravity shall be met upon the coming field of battle.

Tallytrev's Ragnar doesn't seem to exist anymore, so can probably remove him from the list. I sent a pm to see if he's still playing or not, we'll see if he responds.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

I like it!
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

11. - Top - End - #11

BardGuy

Sorry guys - I didnít realize this happened I already deleted the mythweaver sheet.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

Aldaroth - IC

Tales of Trollskull Alley - IC
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 𝄫

Child Support - IC

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

can you redo it?

13. - Top - End - #13

Planetar

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...2#post24144432

Here is the IC, let's roll!

Tallytrev813- feel free to rewrite the sheet and PM when you are done, and you will be added to the group

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Can I get the results of my History check? Seems like maybe you should just tell us everything there is to know since I got a nat 20.

15. - Top - End - #15

DruidGuy

for your notes heavenB: mythweavers is being dumb and i can't access my old profile, so i copied the sheet onto my new one and updated the link above.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

sorry gang just having moved, i am on limited internet for september until they can get it hooked up at the new place

17. - Top - End - #17

Planetar

If you wanna try and look for an interesting thing in the map, roll an appropriate skill check/cast a spell

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

PirateWench

EDIT

i am back to regular intenet at home so posting should be more or less once a day or as needed
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-10-08 at 01:18 PM.