The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Carnival Row (Amazon Prime)

Has anyone seen the trailer for this?

It looks really neat with elements of fey and steampunk.
    "There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar - Babylon 5

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Carnival Row (Amazon Prime)

I didn't see the trailer...I saw one piece of promo art and knew I was going to watch it! Looking forward to it!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

On comixology they have two of the digital comic issues free. Not sure if they're a tie in or not.
    "There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar - Babylon 5

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm definitely intrigued, love the aesthetic of the trailer.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

I have seen the trailer, and it looks intriguing. Like most special effects-heavy sci-fi/fantasy/superhero properties, the TV show (or whatever we consider Amazon Prime) always have issues with budget vs. cost of effects, so I wonder what the rest of the show outside of the trailer shots will look like. I guess throw me in the cautiously optimistic pile. Orlando Bloom can actually act when he's allowed, and I'm interested to see whether Cara Delevigne is the same (she was fairly wasted in Valerian, and certainly had no room to give her Suicide Squad role any depth). All of it will hinge on having a good story, of course.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I enjoyed this, waiting for the 2nd season. They did a good job selling the relationships between the main characters. The world is an interesting idea but I have a feeling it's going to have some things that are internally inconsistent. 4/5
    "For you see, I theorize that the halfling does not possess a true sentient brain, like you or I, but rather a simple lump of nerve tissue that serves as a primitive "proto-brain" that can only process two emotional reactions to people: Hate or Lust."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm only three episodes in, but I am loving this show. They really nail the fantasy Great War aesthetic, the post-war society problems, and the Lovecraft influence. It's just hitting all the right buttons for me. Too bad I need to wait for my wife and I to have time to watch it together, or I'd be done already. Though that may be a good thing, actually; more time to enjoy it and speculate.