The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Solo Introductory Adventure (And Beyond!)

Hey everyone, I just got the Starter Set for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition and I was wondering if any of you would like to try your hand at it. The first part would be a solo adventure that is more like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure game with some roleplay elements that also helps build your character. However, afterwards we would expand into a more freeform solo adventure, and maybe after that bring some other people along.

NO EXPERIENCE WITH CALL OF CTHULHU IS REQUIRED! If anything, the less experience one has, the better!

Spoiler: Questionaire
    Show
    System: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition
    Player Count: Infinite (given that the beginning is a solo adventure), however I would prefer not to have twenty-thirty games.
    Style of Play: Investigation, Roleplay, and Horror
    Allowed Content:
    • The Starter Set (it's all I own for now)

Character Creation: I will actually be tracking your character sheet for this, which I know is kind of weird, but I think it adds to the horror element if I take control of the nitty-gritty mechanics.
    • Backstory: Very little required in the beginning.
    • Experience: Nothing.
    • Wealth: We'll discuss that.
    • Ability Scores: We'll get to it.
    • Hitpoints/Health: Standard (STR+CON)/10
    • Alignment: Whatever you wish, although this is Call of Cthulhu...

Other Notes: Again, the less experience you have with this game, the more I would recommend trying it!

Anyway, I hope to see some applications!

EDIT: We've had several people apply and I think I'm now going past the solo introductory adventure, so if you do want to enter a sort of campaign, let me know!
    Last edited by zingbobco000; 2019-09-22 at 11:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Solo Introductory Adventure (For Now)

I will look to make sure the book I have is 7e, but if it is I would be interested to try! What time period were you planning to set in? A vaguely 1920ís melange or something different? I realize that may be dictated by your box set but still figured it was worth the question!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've never played Call of Cthulhu before, but I do like me some monstrosities from beyond the stars. Count me as interested.
    Last edited by UselessBlob; 2019-08-28 at 10:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

I've always wanted to sit down and learn Cthulhu, but I've never had material or time. There's always another edition of something else out my players are asking me to learn well enough to DM. Count me among those interested. Given that I know nothing about the system, Is there an SRD that i can read up on or something of that nature?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EarthenRite View Post
    I will look to make sure the book I have is 7e, but if it is I would be interested to try! What time period were you planning to set in? A vaguely 1920ís melange or something different? I realize that may be dictated by your box set but still figured it was worth the question!
    Well, the cool thing about this is that no books will actually be required, it's an introductory session! So even if you don't have the right book, feel free to join! Also it's going to be set in the 1920s, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    I've never played Call of C'thulu before, but I do like me some monstrosities from beyond the stars. Count me as interested.
    Sounds great! Since the first thing is a solo adventure, we can begin once I actually set up an IC and an OOC!

Quote Originally Posted by An Amy View Post
    I've always wanted to sit down and learn Cthulhu, but I've never had material or time. There's always another edition of something else out my players are asking me to learn well enough to DM. Count me among those interested. Given that I know nothing about the system, Is there an SRD that i can read up on or something of that nature?
    Yeah, so interestingly, the first scenario will be done to also teach you the general rules of the game, so if you're good with learning the rules as you go, just let me know!

6. - Top - End - #6

Beholder

Well then I am definitely down for giving this a spin. Iím not new to Cthulhu/Lovecraft, so I do have a few character ideas in mind. Should I tell them to you?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well then I am definitely down for giving this a spin. Iím not new to Cthulhu/Lovecraft, so I do have a few character ideas in mind. Should I tell them to you?
    Well, for the first part, we're actually going to be making our character in the game.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Well, the cool thing about this is that no books will actually be required, it's an introductory session! So even if you don't have the right book, feel free to join! Also it's going to be set in the 1920s, yes.
    Yeah, so interestingly, the first scenario will be done to also teach you the general rules of the game, so if you're good with learning the rules as you go, just let me know!
    Sounds great! Perfectly fine with learning things as we go. ^_^

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    I've never played Call of Cthulhu before, but I do like me some monstrosities from beyond the stars. Count me as interested.
    Ta-Da!

Quote Originally Posted by An Amy View Post
    Sounds great! Perfectly fine with learning things as we go. ^_^
    Ta-Da!

Also, both of you please just post a confirmation in the OOC that you'll be able to post once every other day or so, and if you cannot, letting me know that you'll be on a short hiatus.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

I would also be quite interested in this.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I guess I'm willing to give this a spin as well! I haven't played the system before or have books but hey, if you are encouraging us to try, why the heck not?! Other than the grim prospect of going utterly insane of course.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ACExtravaganza View Post
    I would also be quite interested in this.
    Sounds awesome! Here you go: Ta-Da!

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    I guess I'm willing to give this a spin as well! I haven't played the system before or have books but hey, if you are encouraging us to try, why the heck not?! Other than the grim prospect of going utterly insane of course.
    Indeed, no books shall be required, in fact, I don't think anything will be required except for this forum!
    Anyway, here you go: Ta-Da!

Both of you also please let me know about the absence stuff as I listed above.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

I'd be interested, I have played/run older versions before, and do have the 7th in PDF.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Is the game full? I've played 6e a bunch of time and run it but haven't played or ran 7e.
    "There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar - Babylon 5

15. - Top - End - #15

Beholder

Alright then - letís give it a try if you are still willing.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DominoMasque View Post
    I'd be interested, I have played/run older versions before, and do have the 7th in PDF.
    That sounds splendid, and thus we have a: Ta-Da!

Quote Originally Posted by qstor View Post
    Is the game full? I've played 6e a bunch of time and run it but haven't played or ran 7e.
    The game is now filled following this post , and if you'd like to I'd happily offer you a game with a: Ta-Da!

Alright then - letís give it a try if you are still willing.
    Indeed I am still willing, but only if you are. Feel free to begin by joining the Out-of-Character at the Ta-Da!

Just like the previous four, can all of you also supply me with the assurance that you will be able to post at least once every other day or so. You all are also more experienced, so I'll do less hand-holding for this one.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've decided that I'll open this up to two more people, because qstor hasn't responded and it's been 4 days or so. People who have never played Call of Cthulhu will be given preference.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bump? Given that some people have (sorta) dropped, I think I can handle a couple more people.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. I have read the source material and has heard so many great things, and even tried to make few characters just for fun
    But never had the cahcne to actually play
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Oh. I have read the source material and has heard so many great things, and even tried to make few characters just for fun
    But never had the cahcne to actually play
    Would you like to? I'd be happy to have you. Just give me the word and I'll set you up with a game!

21. - Top - End - #21

Beholder

It is very fun. Iím enjoying the game immensely

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Would you like to? I'd be happy to have you. Just give me the word and I'll set you up with a game!
    The word!
    Please
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Splendid! Well then I give to you a... Ta-Da!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Lightbulb Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Solo Introductory Adventure (For Now)

This sounds like fun, I've played lots of D&D (plus some Gensys & Fate) but never given Call of Cthulhu a try. Considering I enjoy playing mages with questionable sanity and a thirst for exploring forbidden knowledge this game will probably be a pretty great fit for me.

I don't do much pbp but I find story driven stuff with less mechanics are much more fun and easier to stay engaged in.

If you got room for one more I'm down (if you'll have me). Thinking of playing a disgraced academic of some sort who has 0 idea what he's getting into.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldEmperor View Post
    This sounds like fun, I've played lots of D&D (plus some Gensys & Fate) but never given Call of Cthulhu a try. Considering I enjoy playing mages with questionable sanity and a thirst for exploring forbidden knowledge this game will probably be a pretty great fit for me.

I don't do much pbp but I find story driven stuff with less mechanics are much more fun and easier to stay engaged in.

If you got room for one more I'm down (if you'll have me). Thinking of playing a disgraced academic of some sort who has 0 idea what he's getting into.
    That's fair, the first adventure is a bit less freeform (Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-esque in order to walk people through the rules and character creation), but hey, I hope I can make it enjoyable for you! Therefore, I shall say... Ta-Da!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm, is this still recruiting? I see you have plenty of players already so "no" is no problem.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
    Hmm, is this still recruiting? I see you have plenty of players already so "no" is no problem.
    I think for now I can handle one more (he says). You'd like to join then? Have you played Call of Cthulhu before (less is better in this case).

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Once again, people have dropped, so I think I can handle some more people.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Solo Introductory Adventure (And Beyond!)

Hello! If there still room, I would like to join.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - Solo Introductory Adventure (And Beyond!)

I think I should be able to have you, yes. Have you played Call of Cthulhu before (the less you have is actually better in this case).