New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Mafia V Mk II - Return of the Narrator (Awards show!!!)

The city was oppressive, loud and noisy. Agent Fairchilde came into town on the government’s expense, which meant the cheapest ways to travel. He brought with him two changes of clothes, $18 in expense money to live on for two weeks, his service revolver, and 24 extra rounds of ammunition. He also had his FBI badge, and his charge from the director – “Clean up that city!”

They knew he was coming before he even left. The city was owned by so many puppet-masters and fixers that the city was crisscrossed with webs of influence; you couldn’t even pay a parking ticket in this town without paying three bribes.

Agent Fairchilde came by train, and arrived as the rush hour commuters were all trying to board their rides home. The steam from the trains evaporated in the throngs of people – as the cold fall air hurried the crowds on just a bit faster. The crowds were motivated to go home to their wives, their kids, and their illegal booze.

Suddenly shots broke out in the terminal! Fairchilde grabbed for his gun – “My bag! It’s in my bag!” He grabbed his briefcase, checked his watch for the time – 5:17 PM - and ran to the gun shots.

It was not hard to see the body – the crowd parts for the occasional corpse, even in this town. It’s not every day the commuters see the underbelly of the city in broad daylight.

As he approached, he heard “…shot him and took some package!” and “…ran over there…”

He approached the body, the man was still alive...

“Back away G-Man… that’s a City matter that is.” Fairchilde looked up to see two local coppers rushing up to offer aid to the man – and to claim their territory as well.

This was their town. This was their body, and in a sense - legally this was their case….

As the coppers attend to the man, he dies – his last words “…the Falcon….”

Joosbawx dies.

Of course, nothing in this town operates strictly by the law.

Day One Begins.

Game over! See the awards show!!!
    Please remember to post your votes in RED, thanks. Remember to strike out any changes.
    Points at Narrators do not count as votes.
    Autolynches will be performed at two days.

Current List of Players (33) (30) (26) (23) (22) (20) (19) (18) (17) (14) (12) (11) (10) (9) (8) (6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Alarra - Templar - Killed by Shadow Agents
    Almighty Salmon - Good Citizen - Autolynched
    Androgial - Good Citizen - Autolynched
    Atreyu the Masked Llama - Lover - Sam Spade
    Crystall Myr Shadow Agent - Killed by Templars
    Cult of the Raven
    CurlyKitGirl - Templar Neonate - Killed by Shadow Agents
    Eldritch Knight - Lover - Effie
    EmeraldRose - Upright Citizens Brigade - Citizen, Good
    Emporer Demonking
    Endeavourl- Upright Citizens Brigade / Shadow Recruit - Agent, Evil - Lynched
    evnafets - Upright Citizens Brigade / Shadow Recruit - Agent, Evil - Lynched
    Fleeing Coward - Citizen, Good - Killed by Shadow Agents
    Freshmeat - Citizen, Good - Killed by Shadow Agents
    Helgraf The Mole - RIP - Killed by the Templars
    HyramGraff - Good Citizen - Lynched
    Jontom Xire - Templar Knight- Lynched
    Khaldan Shadow Agent - Autolynched
    Korias - Templar Marshal - Killed by the Shadow
    Kyrian - Good Citizen - Autolynched
    Malmagor Andrigal - Good Citizen - Autolynched
    North
    radikalskippy Good Citizen - RIP - Killed by the Shadow Agents
    Raiser B1ade
    Raldor - Upright Citizens Brigade - Citizen, Good
    S.Hadow Good Citizen - RIP - Killed by the Shadow
    Supagoof
    Timberwolf - The Brain (Shadow Agent) - Lynched
    Traveling Angel
    Trix - Fanboy (Originally a Citizen, Good) - RIP - Killed by the Templars
    Vonriel Fanboy - RIP - Killed by the Shadow
    whitehelm
    Zar Peter - Good Citizen - Lynched

THE RULES:[/CENTER]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Maltese Falcon Returns (a.k.a. Mafia V)

This game is mostly born out of Joosbawx' love of Film Noir, hard-boiled detective stories, and the genre films and novels like The Maltese Falcon exemplify. The rules are close to Classic Werewolf, but I've decided to put in a bit of a twist, so please familiarize yourself with the following and come back as often as you need for reference sake. The object of the game, beyond simple survival, is to obtain the Maltese Falcon for yourself or benefit of your faction. Therefore, there are multiple ways to win the game; depending upon which faction the player belongs.

Co-Narrators: Andre Fairchilde & Joosbawx

Gameplay Notes
    ------------------
    Since the individual object of the game is to obtain the Maltese Falcon, this means that one Citizen cannot implicitly trust another Citizen as s/he may have an ulterior motive in targeting another individual with a lynching vote. At the beginning of the game the Maltese Falcon is randomly given to one player. If and when that player is killed, the Maltese Falcon moves to the individual or group responsible for that player’s death.

Example 1: 'Player A', a Citizen, has the Maltese Falcon. S/he is killed by the Shadow Agents or Templar Knights during the night. The Maltese Falcon is then randomly assigned to one of the members of the faction responsible for that death. There will usually be some evidence left behind that would indicate that the deceased was in possession of the Maltese Falcon at time of their demise.

Example 2: 'Player A', belonging to any faction, has the Maltese Falcon. S/he is voted against and lynched by 'popular vote'. At time of death, the Maltese Falcon will be obtained by the player that started the bandwagon against 'Player A'. Day game play consists of finding out who was killed, the District Attorney protecting someone from lynching, and finger pointing by the general population for a 'lynching'.

NEW!!! In case of autolynch of the player with the Falcon, the holder of the Falcon will NOT be identified, but the Falcon will pass to a random player pointing in the same day phase as the autolynch. Best not to autolynch, and best to point every day!!!

Night game play consists of the District Attorney protecting someone from death, kills by both the Templar Knights and the Shadow Agents, scries or recruitment attempts by the Templar Knights and the Shadow Agents, the scry or kill by The Shadow, the Mole using their ability to hide the true role of one player, the Private “Eye” and The Patsy.

Anytime the person holding the Maltese Falcon is killed the Maltese Falcon is transferred to the person or group responsible for their death. Killing the player holding the Maltese Falcon is the only way to transfer ownership.

Recruitment - When one of the two factions with recruiting ability attempts to recruit a player, that player is sent a PM from the narrator and given the choice to join or refuse the organizations offer. If the player accepts the offer they join the Knights Templar or Shadow Agents as a ‘Neonate/Recruit' for the remainder of the game. A player may only be recruited once per game. If a player refuses a recruitment offer by either faction they can still accept an offer made at a later date; however, the faction attempting the recruitment loses the ability to scry that night in lieu of their recruitment attempt, just as if they had recruited successfully.

Characters Exempt from Recruitment: The Shadow, The Fan Boy, any member of Templar Knights, any member of Shadow Agents, the Private “Eye”, and The Patsy. If one of these characters is approached for recruitment the faction making the attempt will simply be informed the player refused, and the player will be informed they were approached with a recruitment offer.

Knights Templar
    The "Cult" returns, this time wearing the vestments of the Knights Templar. The Holy Order of Knights...or Un-Holy, depending on whom you believe...are not extinct. Their goal is to increase their numbers, and, most importantly, recover the gift they intended for the King of Spain before it disappears again...The Maltese Falcon. They are led and recruited by the Templar Marshall who is identified (at death) by the signet ring s/he wears.

Templar Knights carry nothing to betray their faction when killed.

Templar Neonates, or those recruited during the course of the game by Templars, are not as indoctrinated as the older members and may reveal the name of one other Templar when threatened with death...so be careful whom you recruit.

Templar Oracle
    The Knights are aided in their quest by the Templar Oracle who has the ability (75% chance) to divine the role of anyone else; however, due to the extensive indoctrination rituals, the Oracle cannot scry on any night the Knights indoctrinate a Neonate. The tenets of the Order of the Knights Templar strictly prohibit anyone from intentionally revealing their membership upon penalty of death.

Winning the game: The Knight Templar win if they successfully eliminate the entire Shadow Agency and obtain the Maltese Falcon, or if their numbers equal the number of non-Templar Knights players.

Templar Marshall - "Master/Alpha Mason". Gives Templars ability to recruit Neonates. Scries as: Templar - Evil.

Templar Oracle - "Mason Seer". Able to scry and discern role of anyone each night, except on night when Templar Knights recruit Neonate. Can see if target currently holds Maltese Falcon. Scries as: Oracle - Evil.

Templar Knight - Mason"". Scries as: Templar - Evil.

Templar Neonate - "Mason Recruit" . May reveal name of one other Templar if put to death. Scries as: Templar - Evil.

Shadow Agents
    This extensive network of Agents hold allegiance to no one but themselves and their leader, known only as The Fat Man. Each member of the Shadow Agents is hand-picked by The Fat Man, who has the ability to bring in Shadow Recruits; however, like the Templar Neonates, they are not as seasoned as their Agent counterparts and may fold under pressure if threatened with death. The Brain works hand-in-hand with The Fat Man and has the ability (75% chance) to perceive the role of anyone else; however, due to the extensive background checks that must be performed on any Recruit, The Brain cannot scry on any night the Shadow Agents recruit. All Shadow Agents are under strict orders to eliminate any member that intentionally reveals their true allegiance to anyone outside the organization, upon penalty of death.

Winning the Game: The Shadow Agents win if they successfully eliminate the entire Order of the Knights Templar and obtain the Maltese Falcon, or if their numbers equal the number of non-Shadow Agent players.

The Fat Man - "Mafia Don/Alpha". Gives Shadow Agents ability to obtain new Recruits. Scries as: Agent - Evil.

The Brain - "Mafia Seer". Able to scry and discern role of anyone each night, except on night when Agents recruit. Can see if target currently holds the Maltese Falcon. Scries as: The Brain - Evil.

Shadow Agent - "Mafia". Scries as: Agent - Evil.

Shadow Recruit "Mafia Recruit". May reveal name of one other Agent if put to death. Scries as: Agent - Evil.

The Citizens These are the everyday members of society. They usually play by the rules and follow the law; however, that isn't to say that when an opportunity comes along to get a leg up they wouldn't take advantage. The goal of the Citizenry is to get rid of the Shadow Agents and Knights Templar...if, you know, you actually believe in that sort of myth and legend. The Citizens are the pool of potential members the Shadow Agents and Knights Templar may recruit...unless, of course, the Templars or Agents accidentally try to recruit each other. The citizens are really in the game for themselves to survive, and score the Maltese Falcon for themselves if possible, or align themselves with an underground faction if they are approached and choose to join.

Winning the Game: The Citizens win if they successfully eliminate both the

Knights Templar and The Shadow Agency. Additionally, a citizen can score a personal win (and a cool signature award!!!) if survive holding the Maltese Falcon at the end of the game.

The Private “Eye” - "Seer". Has completely accurate ability to discern the role of anyone in the game. Scries as: Private “Eye” - Good. Cannot be recruited.

The Patsy - "Fool". Has 25% chance of accurately discerning the role of anyone in the game. Scries as: Private “Eye” - Good. Cannot be recruited.
    District Attorney "Baner". Has ability to us her/his influence to protect any player each day and night from lynching or attack. This role has to send in a PM for Joosbawx for each game day and game night. This role can NOT be recruited by the Templars or Agents. Scries as: District Attorney - Good.

The Mole - "Illusionist/Witch". Has the ability to alter the perceived role of any player when investigated by the Oracle, The Brain, The Patsy, or the Private “Eye”. If target is scried, the role defined by The Mole will be the role perceived. Scries as: The Mole - Good/Evil (if recruited successfully).

Citizen - "Villager". Scries as: Citizen - Good.

Sam Spade & Effie "The Lovers". The Lovers play together and win if they survive the game. If either lover is lynched or attacked, the other Lover is killed also, regardless of faction membership. Lovers are recruited independently, but still remain Lovers. Scries as: Lover - Good.

The Shadow - Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows. This role is special, and stands for Truth, Justice, and the Citizen Way. In this character's eyes anyone can be corrupted...except The Shadow. Therefore, nobody is to be trusted...except The Shadow. Nobody can bring the wrongdoers to justice...except The Shadow. This character acts outside the law in order to destroy all Evil. As a result, he is wanted by both sides of the law and cannot reveal his identity under pain of death to anyone. This character cannot be recruited. The Shadow has three special abilities, and may choose to use either one on any night s/he chooses.

Six times during the game The Shadow may use her/his super-sleuth ability with 100% accuracy to determine any player's alignment...Good or Evil. Secondly, The Shadow has six bullets with which to dispense Justice to those s/he deems as Evil. Thirdly, The Shadow has the ability to protect someone from attack during the night...much the same as the District Attorney. The Shadow may choose to investigate, kill, protect, or do nothing, and must send PM to Joosbawx each game night.

Alternatively, The Fan Boy believe s/he is The Shadow and has all the same abilities, but simply isn't and doesn't. The Fan Boy acts as though s/he is The Shadow, but, due to the lack of super-sleuth ability and training of any (real) kind, The Fan Boy has only a nominal chance of doing any real good at all...except for helping to hide the real Shadow, perhaps. Due to the obsessive nature of this character, s/he, when scried, shows as The Shadow, also.

Winning the Game: The Shadow wins if s/he survives the game and both the Templar Knights and Shadow Agency are eliminated.
    The Shadow - "?????". Scries as: The Shadow.
    FanBoy "anti-?????". Scries as: The Shadow.

NEW – Let’s see who’s paying attention - there is another hidden organization representing the “Fix is In” for the city. NEW
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-11-09 at 12:22 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia - Game Thread - Return of the Narrator - PLEASE MOVE

As Agent Fairchilde looks up from across the body, he sees a figure approaching him from across the terminal...

...it appears to glide gracefully across the pavement, the crowds not even touching it. Closer, the figure comes to the G-Man...until...

*SLAP*

So. You've come back. I can't say that I'm surprised, or noticably pleased to see you. While you're in my town, do your best to stay away from me. Otherwise, you'll be having a visit from my lawyer.

As she turns and walks away, there is a glimmer of tears in her eyes...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quick echoing shots blasted a concussion of pure sound right next to me. Flinching wildly I ran from the man in front of me, seeing as I did so that he was taking a bag off the dead man.
    Rounding a corner of the station I huddled next to the wall rocking gently. I was completely deaf. Not a sound reached me, I could see people screaming and running; I knew that I should be hearing feet pounding the cold, slick granite floor. All sound was absent, leaving me stranded in a world of pure silence and complete, pure terror. Sliding to the floor I curled up in a fetal postion and stared at my clothes.
    My torn, grimy, blood and bone encrusted clothes. I was wearing a dead man. I was wearing death. I screamed. I know I screamed but I couldn't hear it. I screamed until I was hoarse.
    And they were staring at me. The not-noise had halted the fleeing herd of commuters and drenched the panic. They were staring at me so hard and with so much fear that I gave in to my emotions and confusion.
    I ran, tears streaming down my face, pastered in death. I knew that They would want me. A filth-encrusted kid wearing blood like it was a badge and running away.
    I wasn't ever going to be safe again.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2007-10-13 at 11:03 AM. Reason: My <insert deity>! I can't spell today.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another day, another virus. I was one of the few hackers with semi-good intentions around here. Not that most people know that. I was supposedly in three cartels at the moment, one of which was going to go belly up next week. I had sold out an number of my buddies to their enemies, but that wasn't unusual. I was the one part of the group guaranteed to get away.

Now, I knew that the FBI was sending an agent, but what a way to enter the area. Unfortunately, I have strange hearing. If the Falcon was around, then all hell was going to break lose...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Falcon. It had crossed my path before, and I barely walked away alive. I found myself mired in a net of treachery and deceit, hoisted upon my own petard. I had a plan, foolproof, or so I thought. I made a deal, and joined an organization, wanting to destroy it from within so that the prize would be mine, and mine alone. My partner in the scheme joined a rival organization, presumably with the same goal. That lying SOB gunned me down in a cold, dank alleyway, gloating over my defeat. "You idiot. You thought you could doublecross me? The falcon is mine now. I thank you for your help. Good night. You won't wake up again. *BANG*" What he didn't know is that I was prepared for his treachery and had sent in a patsy to take the fall for me. He had never seen my face, so I thought I was safe. I thought wrong. The feds caught wind of my scheme, and drilled me for every scrap of information I had. When they were finished, they threw me in the pen. That was 15 years ago. Why I came back to this city again, I don't know. I was lucky then, but I don't know if my luck will hold out again.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Freddy entered the terminal in a hurry, though he knew there was no more need for any haste. The man he was to meet lay dead on the terminal floor, his blood conjoining with whatever dirt the ground was littered with. And the package he must have had with him was of course gone by now.

The sounds of gunshots was something you'd almost get used to after living in this town for so long, yet this time, the dreadful notes of death seemed to echo for just a little longer. Although history had proven them wrong time and again, this was the type of moment people were fond of describing as 'a herald of change'. Freddy knew it to be the kind that only ended in bloodshed.
    He had read the papers, picked up the change of pace that seemed to drive this urban graveyard. The fair citizens of this town were sick of all the violence, of all the corruption, of all the killings in broad daylight - such as the one that just transpired at the terminal.

Wiping some dirt from his trenchcoat, Freddy joined the throng of bystanders. Although his mind told him not to get involved, his eyes and ears were merely playing on his sense of justice, providing him with just the type of thing he expected, perhaps even wanted to hear.
    There was no more defaitism. No more tolerance. These antique notions had moved over and made way for whispers of outrage and revoked apathy. It's the type of reaction that often sent men to their graves, but combined - it could change the very fate of what, to them, must seem like the entire world.
    A tiny spark can ignite an entire depot of explosives, and to say these citizens had been on edge for the past couple of weeks would be quite the understatement.

Perhaps it was exactly that naïve zealousness that distinguished the common man from those that were part of whichever crazy cult or crime syndicate that was currently running the town. The distinction between hope and fact, between good and evil, between illusion and reality. Out with the old and in with the new was the motto, but it seemed surprisingly appropriate for an epitaph as well.

Freddy had seen enough. He left the terminal, his hands moving like an automaton and litting a cigarette as he did so.
    In the events to come, it was all a matter of finding one's place - and to Freddy it seemed like as good a time as any to do his part in cleaning up this town. Blood would flow, and if it was up to him, he wouldn't mind having some of it on his own hands, if that was what it would take.

He had a few suspicions of his own. Wasn't Zar Peter involved in some shady operations a few years ago? It seemed like a good enough place to start.
    Following whatever leads he considered reliable and tracing them right up to the top, until this entire town would be thrown into anarchy.
    No matter. The ends would justify the means. Order is born of chaos, and if reshaping this town meant breaking down the pillars of old - corruption and vice - he would gladly do so.

Whether by instigating the common citizens to murderous acts, or by being the hand that delivers death, slaughtering all those that stood in his way. Or perhaps now was the time to use corrupt means to noble ends, undoing (or maybe even redoing) all creation by means of manipulation, deciding upon life and death on a daily basis.
    Playing God in what must be the cesspit of all humanity.

Freddy sighed. The fire that was going to rage throughout this town would leave none unscathed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

The jobless pianoman waited for a train in central station

"Can not play piano they said. And has no voice they said.And they wanted 50% of my tipps! HA! There are enough towns around here who recognice a good piano man when they see one."

Suddenly he heard the shooting.

"Wait, wasn't that Agent Fairchild? And he ran this way. Let's see, where he goes trouble isn't far away"

Then suddenly he see's someone pointing at him.

"What do you want? I think you must confuse me with someone, maybe with this guy over there"

Points at endevourl
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Eddy the newspaper boy sighed. What was he gonna tell his dad now.

Peddling home on his bike he reflected on what he had seen happen at the train station. It wouldn't be as bad if this was a one time thing but this was the norm in this wretched town.

Walking into his home he was relieved to see his father passed out on the couch. Ever so quietly he crept upstairs to his room. After changing he crept downstairs again.

Riding off to hang out with "the guys" he wondered who the man in the suit was.
    Last edited by Raiser Blade; 2007-10-13 at 01:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

blatantly copied from the last thread.....
    Finally.
    Finally I've made it.
    Bus rides always did get me sick. Especially the long ones. And this one had been as long as the Great Wall them ******** have, as far as I was concerned.
    So now I'm here. Back where it all started for my daddy. And where it all ended. Badly I might add. He got what he deserved, or at least that's what the papers said.

Funny how a local celebrity like Silas Hadow could've fallen on hard times like that.
    Silas Hadow.
    My daddy.
    A no good, worthless reporter turned celebrity, thought dead, returned from the grave to try his hand at being a bit of a private dick. That worked out well from what I hear. For about a day and a half. Bouncing from job to job like a pinball after his return, he ended up with some sort of Agency, they say. Some sort of gangster is more like it. Sure, he sent a check to moms every once in a while. Sure, he wrote me a letter or two over the years before he was killed. But what did those ever get me?

They got me here, that's what. Back to this hellhole where it all started for him. That's right. Daddy knew who had the Falcon, and he told me too, in those letters. Now if I could just keep my head clear long enough to find it....

And so now I'm here. Looking for the Falcon just like my no good daddy. Cuz he never left me nothin' that I could eat. Nothin' that I could sink my teeth into. Nothin' but a legend and a promise of fortunes beyond my wildest dreams.
    I don't know. I can dream a whole lot of fortune.

My sponsor tells me to stay away from the big city in the night. Stay in. Too much temptation if you're out on the street with those big, bright neon signs guiding you home like....
    Stop thinking like that, fool. That's what got you in that mess back in Wyoming.

Go get a cup'a joe and clear my head. That's what I need. A cup'a joe and a smoke.
    A smoke and a place to crash. A pace to crash and a clue where to start looking for this Falcon.
    After I find that.... well.... then maybe I'll have a drink. You know.... in celebration, like.

Damn fool. Quit thinkin' like that....
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-10-13 at 01:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

I walked along the length of the mean streets, hair tucked into the collar of my raincoat. Normally, I'd be glad of the attention that long blonde hair would get me, but not tonight. Tonight I didn't want to be fending off men with a stick. I just wanted to be alone.

A car drove by, sending a gust of air that blew the coat and my dress around my legs. Not a Monroe job thankfully, the coat was too heavy for that. But it could have been. I raised my tiny middle finger at the driver and walked on. Once again, being short had gotten me absolutely nowhere. He probably couldn't even see me.

As I enjoyed my solitude, my thoughts began to drift. The Falcon was back in town. And it had brought with it the usual riff raff. The Shadow, the Templars and the Agents. What was it with that thing ? Why was it so important ? I had seen it once, years ago. It was rather unimpressive for all the blood that had been spilt for it. Just a small statuette of a bird. Sure it was valuable, to a collector maybe, but I wouldn't want it on my shelf. The chances of being killed for it were too good. And now it was back. I knew one thing. It was going to get hairy.
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 2007-10-13 at 01:49 PM.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Noise, noise, noise, noise... make the noise stop. Wait, that's my alarm clock! My arm snapped out in an attempt to turn it off as fast as possible, but only succeeded in knocking it of the desk. After a short struggle, I gave up trying to hit the tiny off button and just unplugged the thing, and proceeded to get ready for yet another dreary day.
    Clothes, check. Boots, check. Trench coat... sure, why not? Gun, check. Ammo, check. Pocket knife, check. Wallet, check. I was ready, hopefully. After unlocking three separate locks on my door (you need that many in this place), I stepped outside, to greet the new day.

Of course, that's never how it really works, more like the new day greets you. Today its warm welcome was in the form of a splash of muddy water from your average speed-limit breaker. Fun. Of course, that wasn't the only thing today had to offer - not even close. Rumors were in the air, not that that was anything new; but these rumors were different. People spoke of bloodshed, and of riches beyond imagination. Nice - there's nothing like corpses and cash to spice up your life.

I made my way to where the real crowd was. Most would have been hard-pressed to see anything, with the people so thick, but once again, my height came to my advantage. There were cops, plenty of them, and a body as well. I picked a few rumors off the air, the man had a package stolen from him. A small one, presumably with something quite valuable in it. Pretty intense; maybe enough interesting enough to make getting up worth it today.

Heh, We'll see about that.

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateCaptain

It was good to come back to what you know, where you know where you stand. True attending a Presidential dinner was a rare treat for anyone, but then again those of the unwashed masses wouldnt appreciate such fine and stimulating conversations. Me well I am James Dominicus Percival Forthwright III esquire, and I just happen to be The lawyer of choice for the wealthy of this city. As i stepped out of the first class cabin section of the train, I saw the police stepping around a crime scene, which isnt very unusual. But the rumor that floated over to my ears was. It was back. It didnt take a genius to know, things were going to get vrey bloody very fast. I took my car out of the secured lot and drove back to my office. Maybe i could meet with her at the rose garden for lunch. She might need a consultaion anway, since she just slapped him in front of everyone.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

I'd heard there was trouble at the station this morning, but I wasn't about to let that stop me from opening up my shop like normal. Even though I worked a little private eye in my spare time didn't stop me from running my little coffee hut/bookshop. It was a homey little joint, and I liked it. I unlocked the door and pulled the string on the neon "open" sign, watching the light flicker on before bustling over to the register to start the pots and ready the register. Golden, the barcat, purred and greeted me just like normal. nothing ever changes in this town, least of all the cats. Golden could care less whether or not somebody died at the station today, so long as he still got fed. He prowled the bar as I filled his dish and got the morning stuff ready. Then a customer came in - one who was at the scene today. I was filled in on all the juicy details of the murder. Joosbawx was dead, and someone had taken something from him.
    "I wonder who did it, Miss Raven?"
    "I don't know, John, but I bet that that Mr. Freshmeat had something to do with it. I just got a feeling from him, you know?
    Golden jumped up on the bar and meowed, and I went on with my day.

Dwagons!

V is SO AWESOME.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia V Mk II - Return of the Narrator Game Thread

((I still don't know what to RP this time. Just assume I'm here, ok?))
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I point at Zar Peter. Hey you! You wanna job?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Whitehelm jumping on a bandwagon how suspicious." Says the paranod Emperor.

17. - Top - End - #17

I woke up. Damn. Ah well, better make the best of it I could. As I walked through the streets I caught the buzz, heard the murmurs. Something was up. I could feel it, the excitement, the fear, the anticipation, emanating from the crowds like a warning siren. Most wouldn't pick up on it, but that's me. Rumours are my business. Well information really, but sometimes rumours will do if you spice them up with a dash of information - or downright lies.

For a moment I considered heading to Lucky's. That was where I did most of my business, both buying and selling, and sometimes just keeping my ears open I got a lot of information for free. But my feet were on automatic, walking a familiar groove like they had a life of their own. Pretty soon I was there. Not many people knew I came here, which made it a private place, as private as it could be, and certainly more private than my flat which was almost a public house. Everyone knew where I lived and would come and knock on my door all hours of day and night, looking for answers. And I would give them answers. Not necessarily the right answers, but if they paid I could hardly not give them answers, could I?

So Raven's was where I was. Just for a short while, a coupl'a cups of good black coffee to wake me up and then I could go to work, find out what it was had this city all abuzz, like a hive of bees that's been stirred with a stick. I got myself a cup of mud and found myself an out of the way unobtrusive seat. And damn me if the next second another customer came in and started chatting with the proprieteress, telling her all the news, all the rumours, and in the process filling me in on all the info that might have taken an hour of pounding the streets to find out, and all while I was a snug as a bug in a rug in a comfy armchair in a warm coffee shop. The Falcon was back and that was good and bad. Good news for my business, bad news for my health. The dame behind the desk reckoned Freshmeat was a likely lad for the crime, but I wasn't so sure. I liked to keep an open mind. An open mind catches more thoughts as my Pappy used to say. In my cases it was opinions I wanted to catch; other people's. Other peoples opinions were my stock in trade, sometimes worth more than facts. So I figured I'd have a few more cuppas and then hit the streets, sniffing out information like a bloodhound on the trail of an aniseed thief, then head over to Lucky's and see what business I could drum up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #18

I don't know why I came here, this place just seemed to call to me. Perhaps this is the place where I finally meet my destiny, perhaps here in the urban jungle I can finally rest in peace.

((Points at self, only joined this game to get lynched on day 1 again like the one that got cancelled so let's get it over with))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"What if that no good coward has the." The paranoid Emperor ."you know what, then we'll never find it."

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I don't know why I came here, this place just seemed to call to me. Perhaps this is the place where I finally meet my destiny, perhaps here in the urban jungle I can finally rest in peace.

((Points at self, only joined this game to get lynched on day 1 again like the one that got cancelled so let's get it over with))
    (( So why did you bother joining it if you want to get lynched? What's with you, FC? This isn't the only game you're doing this in and frankly it is a little irritating. JX points at Fleeing Coward. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I'm in if a first day sacrificial lamb is needed.
    ((Just thought it'd get the game to the point where it was cancelled last time. Abit stupid now that I think about it. This one I joined purely to get lynched, other one was because I can't seem to find the time to play it with all the complex roles, etc.))
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2007-10-14 at 07:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Time had passed, things had changed. Whether it was enough or too little to make a difference was hard to say. I stood, motionless in the midst of the thronging crowd, knuckles white on the handle of my small suitcase, the leather bag slung over my shoulder clasped in a death grip as well. I'd felt the shift as soon as I'd stepped off of the train. The heavy, oppressive air closing in on me, making breathing a chore. It was too soon. I'd made a mistake. I shouldn't have come back here, Falcon or no.

As I stood in the crowd, my mind was flooded with images of my last fateful trip. Frantically pushing my way through crowds of people to deal with the incompetent brass that had sequestered away her body. A criminal, they'd called her. Part of a shadowy network, undermining the very integrity of the city. They'd never known her. They couldn't have understood.

And then the days of red tape, the pain and hassle of moving the body home, the mourning, the grief, our mother, unable to leave her bed for weeks for the pain.....and now, here I was. Returning to this scene, taking up her mantel, knowing the pain and worry that my family would feel if my fate wound up the same as hers, yet unable to take any other action.

"Hey! Move it blondie!" A particularly rough jostle from behind struck me from my reveries.

"My apologies." I nodded, as courteously as I could. I didn't belong here. I moved on, riding on the crowd, dazed and alone. There was a break in the throng, an empty circle where cops pushed the gawkers back from a body. Morbidly curious, I slipped to the front of the onlookers to see the man. It was no one I knew. Of course it wouldn't be. I could count the people I knew in this city on one hand. Just another poor bloke, probably in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I turned to go. This death didn't involve me. It was then, as I was moving toward the door that the whispers penetrated my consciousness. He had the falcon. I spun to find the source of the voice, but the crowd just continued to blur into one another. My mind raced. The falcon already? I'd been in town less than a minute and I already had a dead body and a rumor to follow up on. I guess I should have been pleased. It isn't often that such clues fall into your lap. But I wasn't. I was tired and worn down and the stress of this hunt was going to be more than I could handle.

I knew I should go back, listen to the rumors of the crowd, find out who this corpse had belonged to, where his connections lay....but I'd been traveling all day and I was weary, so tired that I could feel the effort of walking to a cab weighing on my bones. I sighed....tomorrow.....tomorrow the city will be abuzz with rumor, tomorrow I can move down to Lucky's and learn what I can learn.

I continued in my dazed shuffling until I found myself outside the terminal. I breathed a small sigh of relief. The cab was waiting, shining in a patch of sunlight that made it appear to be sent from above, just for me. It was likely sleep deprivation, but I took it as a sign.

I gave the driver the address of the small apartment that I'd rented for the unforeseeable future and allowed myself to slump against the seat, eyes closed. Just an hour there, or two. Time to put away my things, perhaps have a drink to calm my nerves, take a short nap and then...and then....then I'd look up this "Lucky's" and get to work.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2007-10-14 at 09:59 AM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

23. - Top - End - #23

(( Can we have a spoiler with the rules in the first post please? Thanks. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

(@ JX - Done. Thanks. Please let me know if you all need any information.

Voting ends day 1 Oct 15th, 6PM Central Standard Time (US). No extensions. No reminders for autolynches. No reminders for night actions.

You *can* get night actions in early if you like, or set actions to "automatic" if you don't have time to get something in.

Good luck.

AF ~)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

(can I just point out that the level of rping in this game is already at a very high standard. Like, wow... slightly intimidating! lol)

Wow... I'm in this town five minutes and already people are saying there's a bloodbath coming. My mom was right... Who cares about excellent career prospects when the town is this dangerous...

Jessie arrived at the crime scene slightly after the police cordened off the area. She walked over to Detective that looked to be in charge and introduced herself.

"Hi, my names Jessica McDonnell. I'm a pathologist from the city morgue. Here to collect the body?" She held her identification up as she spoke.

"Shall I get it ready for transport?" She looked over at the corpse. Blood had already started to trail down into a nearby drain.

The cop mumbled in reply to her and basically told her to wait, as he wasn't ready for her just yet. She felt a little brushed off, but she shrugged it and walked over to a nearby police car to sit on the hood. She sat silently as the crowd around the crime scene was busy with chatter and activity. Rumours where circling the crowd like wildfire, and most of it was pure speculation. But one particular phrase caught her attention. "Maltese Falcon"

Her concentration was broken as she was told by the detective that he was ready for her. So she quickly got busy with her work. The tension in the whole area was high. You could feel the fear of a bloodbath coming.
    Last edited by Trix; 2007-10-14 at 01:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

The chase is on. Someone has the Falcon. At the very moment Joosbawx’s body is loaded on the gurney – before the body is even cold - plans are made, alliances are broken, and the tides are turning. There is room for only one winner in this city. And time is running out, as the ambushes are plotted – even now.

Somewhere booze runners are putting together another still, to crank out the gin and beer this city needs so badly to ease the million heartaches.

In another warehouse, gangsters load their Thompson sub-machine guns in eager expectation for the war to come. They will let nothing stand in their way of their certain wealth. Consider these the greedy.

Nearby, a ceremony is being performed, purifying the holy warriors signaling an end to the long struggle to bring the Falcon into their rightous hands. With this victory, a final return to the glorious days lost over 900 years. Consider these the fanatics.

A high society coming out is being held, crystal champagne glasses and strawberry ice cream for all the invitees – and only the invitees. For these attendees social status reigns king - she or he with the most wins. Consider these the "Haves."

And, then there is 'Lucky’s' the last stopping point for the detritis of the streets, one last bend in the river before the unlucky are washed out to sea. You may consider these the "Have nots."
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-15 at 09:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    (can I just point out that the level of rping in this game is already at a very high standard. Like, wow... slightly intimidating! lol)
    ((Welcome to Mafia.
    There's a very good reason that this is the preferred game for many of us.))

28. - Top - End - #28

PirateCaptain

I pulled up in front of my office, office I call it but its more like an apartment. Full bath, kitchen and library. Being a lawyer ment sometimes pulling all nighters researching a case for precedents and I certainly wasnt about to go in to court smelling rank. There in the alley trying to hide was a young girl, covered in blood and guts. I wasnt a forensics expert but I know a splatter pattern when I see one.

"Good heavens little one, come in side quickly now and lets get you cleaned up. I may not be able to help you with whatever happened, but I am sure I know someone who can. My name is James Dominicus Percival Forthwright III Esquire and I am a defense attourney. If you tell me what happened, I can tell you who you need to talk to for your case."

I turned to the door man.

"Randolph my good man, would you be so kind as to aquire a suitable court dress for the young lady?"

Escorting her inside, and being careful not to drip blood or worse on my persian rugs, I led her to the bathroom.

"Do get cleaned up, I will just bag up these clothes as evidence that you were there and saw what you saw."

edit:(( i hate it when keystrokes dont register and i miss it in the preview))
    Last edited by androgial; 2007-10-14 at 09:31 PM.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

29. - Top - End - #29

Good Show, Ken! shouts the burly instructor as the fencer lowers his blade. Thanks Sir. I've been practicing. Removing his mask, a mane of red hair emerges, matted from the sweat and exhiliration of the fight. Ken Orias had just finished his daily regiement of fencing, this time with sabers. Undressing, he notices the rain start to fall outside the gym. Damn... I left my umbrella elsewhere. Donning a dark brown coat, he made his way down the city streets, with me in tow.

I'm a snoop, a snitch, a tailer. And K. Orias was my next target.

The rain beat down on my head as I followed him, bumpnig into people every so often. I knew his route, his target, his life. It makes my job easier: I become them. I live their life, dream their dreams. I work while they sleep, and work harder when the're awake. Not once have I ever failed in my job. Never. In six minutes, he would make his way to the dirtier parts of the city, where he would pick up a prostitute for his amusement. Judging from his recent escapades, he would hit the one on the corner of 29th and Park- "Kingdom of Hearts". He'd hit the place a few times in the past, and always after a fencing match. Knowing him, He'd probably go for Candy, the one with the bi-, well, they ALL have big chests, but still. I'd bought Candy off in the past: She'd get his wallet after the fun times, and then I' do my job and get some dirt on this guy. See if he had that "Malteser Falcon" or something.

Thats what the force was payin me to do. Find this "Falcon". Dont get it, though. Who wants some silly old bird? Well, If it had anything to do with that murder down on 33rd, then it might be useful, but why would a bird, of all things, be involved in a murder? Eh. I'm not paid to think.

It was about two hours later when I met Candy. Grabbing the wallet from her as we passed, not making eye contact, I ducked into an alleyway. The stench of garbage filled my nostrils, while I moved further down the shaded area. Opening the wallet, I pilfered through its contents. Drivers lisence, insurance, Fencer's Association membership card, Eagle scout, "Buy ten, get one Free!" card for the Kingdom of Hearts, and some cash. Nothing interesting. Untill I threw the wallet at the hobo down the bend, that is. It flew out of the wallet and almost landed in the gutter. Diving for it, I grabed the tiny coin in my hands, polishing the durt and mud off of it. It was unique; Not a US coin, not anything I'd seen in the past. It had a falcon on it.

Hes connected, I thought. I'm on the track.

----------------------------------------------

Ken Orias moves his way out of the brothel and back to his car, parked at the Gym. The rain beat down heavily on its roofing, before he drove off. It wasnt long before he was at his estate. I can smell the champagne now... He thought, as he rememberd what his wife had told him. Go get the win, champ. And then, we can have a big cellebration... she had said, with a playful smile on her lips. Entering into the grand mansion that he called home, he relaxed and shed his rain-soaked clothes. Passing through many a room, he finally comes upon his wife, Angela, playing with their son, Mark. There was this one guy today, and he just kept running along like he was some sort of coward! The Fleeing Coward, we called him as we relaxed from the fight, and what a fight it was! Nothing gets the blood pumping as a sword fight!

30. - Top - End - #30

I dart into the metro station through the Southside entrance, briefly checking and noticing that the figurehead cop usual standing watch at the turnstiles was surprisingly absent, before rolling under one of the subway turnstiles and into the throng of people waiting to commute home. Perfect.

I walk into the mens room on the first level, eager to get rid of the evidence. Entering one of the stalls, I pull out the lady's purse from under my shaggy sweatshirt, an quickly rifle through the contents. Not wanting to spend too much time in here, the Gang was always looking for trouble after the crowd of commuters thinned, I discarded most of the uninteresting items into the toilet. Aha, her wallet. Flipping it open, I notice the sides of a couple of greens sticking out, and, most important of all, food stamps. Smiling at my luck, I tuck the wallet into my pocket and flush the contents. Oh, that lady was wearing a watch, she can afford to lose a few food stamps. A lady of that figure, and well off enough to afford jewelry could always get cozy with the right officers or ration workers anyway. Nothing on my conscience tonight.

As I reenter the throng of commuters, I suddenly find myself being pointed at by a ragged looking man standing next to an Agent. An AGENT! Without wasting a moment, I turn away from Zar Peter and the Agent, heading straight for the sublevel stairs. A few heart pounding moments later, I heave a sigh of relief as I step onto the 7F train and lean back against the handrail.

Now what was an agent doing here, and why was that man pointing at me? The stories Ruffers told about his run-ins with the Agents were hardly believable, legendary Falcon and all, pfshhh! But one would rather not take any chances...no, not at all. I'd have to ask Old Gimbert about this. At least today's scavenging trip was successful, another week of secured food would rest Mum's worries a bit.
    Last edited by Endeavourl; 2007-10-14 at 09:15 PM.