New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia V Mk II - Return of the Narrator Game Thread

*Points at fleeing coward*

(RP will be added later. >.<)
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the rain is falling, but inside the warehouse three trucks are being emptied. They were full of Whiskey – Stearns County #13, and each of the barrels – 46 in all were being rolled out, and stacked. The next step was taking them upstairs to be bottled, and then shipped back out to the different speakeasies around town.

The three workers work methodically, and quickly. They were all new, but it was easy money and they were also paid in a little whisky too.

There were also a few guards, but they smoked cigarettes and talked about the dancers at Fat Sam’s Grand Slam Speakeasy.

They did not hear the approaching sedans, nor did they hear the footsteps come up to the door.

All work halted when BOOMBOOMBOOM! “OPEN UP! REVENUE DEPARTMENT!” was shouted outside the door.

One of the guards hurried to the door shouting “OK, OK, we’ll open up!”

He opened the door to the rain – “Don’t bust it in, it’ll come out of my pay. Come on in, come on in, look around.”

As the dozen officers – police officers, federal agents, and all came in the four workers and two guards walked over to one of the walls.

“We don’t got any Tommy Guns here – not shotguns, no gats. So, no charges except the whisky. It’s what, $100 bucks a barrel, right?”

One agent, the leader replied – “Just line up against the wall. All of you. Turn around, we got to frisk you to be sure.” He spoke in a European accent.

The prisoners complied staring at the wall in front of them, arms outstretched and waiting for the inevitable frisking, the Templars all drew their swords and walked toward their victims…

These four heretics would not be walking home in the rain tonight…
    Spoiler
    Show

Autolynched:
    Almighty Salmon - Citizen
    Khaldan - Shadow Agent
    Kyrian - Citizen
    Malmagor Andrigal - Citizen

On the other side of town an Eldritch Knight has irritated the entire bar at Lucky’s and the entire mob is screaming for his head. First they chased him out of the bar, and the crowd kept growing. As they ran through the streets more, and more people joined in the chase. Soon, hundreds of people were chasing Eldritch Knight – for today there was no-one more hated, more loathed. In desperation he ran down to the docks, hoping swim out to a ship heading to Canada, but a sedan pulled up beside him just as he was about to leap into the water.

“Get in! You’re safe with us!”
    Spoiler
    Show

Eldritch Knight was placed in protective custody by the D.A. Eldritch Knight was saved by the D.A.

Day 2 Ends! Night 2 Begins and will end 6:00 PM, October 19th!
    CITY WIDE ELECTIONS FOR MAYOR TO BE HELD!

There will be an election for MAYOR of the city. Nominations will be by post. The voting will be blind pm's to me, and yes - there is buying of votes! After all THE FIX IS IN for this city. Elections will take place ove the next 2 days starting THIS VERY NIGHT PHASE - the results of the election will be revealed on start of Day 4. Post questions in character, and I'll answer them here. It is possible to nominate a dead person for Mayor! It has been done before. AND the dead have voted. The election is NOT for the lynch - that will be a separate vote. And there will be more than one winner in the mayoral election, as behind every politician there's a mob or union of some sort...
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-18 at 08:33 PM. Reason: I miswrote the story
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Hehe, guess the DA just ain't gonna let anyone die to lynching yet))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Is the DA being allowed to send in his protection after pointing has begun or something? If not we've got one heck of a psychic DA))

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raldor View Post
    ((Is the DA being allowed to send in his protection after pointing has begun or something? If not we've got one heck of a psychic DA))
    (err...yes? It's a day phase action....)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

(that seems a bit....overpowered actually....most day baners in the past have had to turn in their action the night before.)

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

7. - Top - End - #127

That is waaay overpowered. That basically means we can't lynch anyone the D.A. doesn't want us too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

(I will absolutly entertain a chat about this. As I read the rules, and in discussion with the D.A. we both read the rule - as currently written - that there was a day input, and a night input.

But, that does not mean it has to stay that way.

If I'm online - which I am now at [email protected] - I would love to discuss with whomever has any input.)

(Rules updated - D.A. no longer recruitable. More will be posted as develops.)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-18 at 09:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank You!!

10. - Top - End - #130

((Oh, joy, I still get to do something. I can vote for Mayor!))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #131

((Oh, joy, I still get to do something. I can vote for Mayor!

Actually, you know what? I nominate me for Mayor!

I promise if elected that my filibusterous speeches and public improvement projects will be shining examples of RP in a bleak hopeless world!))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Halfling in the Playground

Vote for Khaldan for mayor!

Vote for khaldan-because a zombie shadow agent isn't the most screwed up leader, then who else is?

I AM the dread pirate llamarts.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

EXTRA!!!!EXTRA!!!!EXTRA!!!!

The illustrious Helgraf is running for mayor. Helgraf, the son of Helgraf recently deceased has claimed that he will make this city a...This article paid for by the Citizens to Elect Helgraf for a Better City see Page 2 for more.

EXTRA!!!!EXTRA!!!!EXTRA!!!!

The illustrious Khaldan is running for mayor as well. Khaldan, the nephew of Khaldan recently deceased has claimed that he will make this city a...This article paid for by the Citizens to Elect Khaldan for a Better City see Page 2 for more.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-18 at 10:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Vote Me for Mayor!!

If you don't i will introduce you to a certain idea i had during an "interesting" chat with some fellow mafia players.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eldritch Knight for mayor! You can trust him to be Dishonest!

16. - Top - End - #136

I'll be running for mayor as well.

Need someone who is not in league with any criminal and/or religious organisation? Someone whose devotion to this city is not in doubt?

Vote for Freshmeat now, before he might decide to unleash campaign speeches so long they finish somewhere in the year 2041 (and we're somewhere in the 30's or so now, so that's even worse than it sounds), as well as use his wannabe-photoshop-but-actually-paint-skills to unleash quite possibly the ugliest campaign posters known to man.

So vote for Freshmeat!
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2007-10-18 at 11:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #137

The DA is a difficult one. If he has to send in his vote at night he's nearly useless unless there is a surefire victim for the next day (as in the previous game where he almost saved the game for the citizens but failed to protect the next day as well). However this really only puts him on a par with the night baner who has no idea who will get hit either and so is only useful to protect themself or the seer if they know who that is.

So to make the day baner the same as the night baner in terms of power, selection of protection should be at night. Otherwise it's equivalent to the night baner being told who is going to be killed before they choose who to protect! And I think everyone will agree that that is very unbalancing to the game.

I also don't see why the day baner, if he has to pick at night, shouldn't be recruitable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #138

((The DA is the night and day baner rolled into one JX))
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2007-10-19 at 02:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

19. - Top - End - #139

Oh, yeah of course. I was also partly thinking of YOW where they're two different people. Perhaps he shouldn't be recruitable then. I still don't think he should get to choose who to protect when he knows who's going to be lynched though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Vote RS for mayor! Because a drunk mayor is better than no mayor at all!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here's some words from the D.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Oh, yeah of course. I was also partly thinking of YOW where they're two different people. Perhaps he shouldn't be recruitable then. I still don't think he should get to choose who to protect when he knows who's going to be lynched though.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.A.
    ((I disagree - the baner is not the seer, so sure they have an advantage in the day by being able to kinda focus on whose going to be lynched, but they are just not sure who that person is. Where there's two teams out killing everynight, plus a vigilante, so to really bring the DA down to complete random guessing for each of the protection only hurts a mathmatically unbalanced equation.

The rules of the game have stated if you make your role public, you die, so it's not like the DA can come out and have the seer contact him easily. So I think that the DA should continue with the abilities as is. I mean think about it as if you're in a city filled with mafia organization. You think Al Capone would have attacked Elliot Ness?

Actually, this was exactly why Dutch Schultz was killed by Lucky Luciano and the syndicate in 1935. Dutch Schultz was going to kill the U.S. Attorney Thomas Dewey. Luciano and the syndicate just couldn't let them generate the heat. Schultz was shot in the guts and took 22 hours to die. Just some mob history - AF ~

I do agree the DA shouldn't be recruitable. Doing so only gives the organization that recruits them too much control of the game. Especially if the organization has the falcon.

Done. D.A. can no longer be recruited. Permanently a Good Guy.

Just like I agree with them making the day saves until we can figure things out. From this way thinking, we should be looking at who is being killed. That gives us an indication on who to lynch. We just need to find out whose pulling the strings.

And tell the citizens I don't mean to take away their kills, I'm just looking out for two groups who can form a bandwagon without trying and lead a bunch of unknowns along. The "He's not on my team, kill him" bandwagon. And, I've got some evidence now from the voting, so I'll stop protecting the unknowns. You have my word on that as the D.A.))

OH - and on that note - Night actions due. No other reminders. Night ends at 6:00 PM Central Standard Time, U.S. - about 6 hours from time of this edit. Night will end early if all inputs are early - giving a little longer day.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-19 at 11:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

BlueKnightGuy

I vote Helgraf for mayor due to his high-quality posts in Mafia.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

They sat in the back of the sedan. The rain was falling in sheets on the car, and they were beyond bored waiting for their target to come out of the speakeasy. They didn’t know who he was, only that he wore black, had a black hat, and wore a mask.

2 minutes of silence. Rain patter pattering on the roof of the car. 2 Minutes is all he could manage before…

Young mobster - “I put garlic on my bullets. I take a bunch of cloves, crush them up, and roll my bullets in them. I even let the tips soak in the oil.”

2 minutes of silence.

Old mobster - “What?! That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. You’re an idiot. Why would you put garlic on your bullets? You going to feed it to them?”

Young mobster - “Because it’s poison, that’s why. If I hit ‘em but don’t kill ‘em they’ll still be poisoned.”

2 minutes of silence.

“What, garlic is poison? But I eat garlic all the time. How come I’m not dead? Wait is that him?”

Two figures walk out of the bar, turn right and continue down an alleyway.

“No, those guys..”

His sentence was cut off as a dozen figures burst out of hiding to assail the car with swords! One sword stabs through the windows, but the older mobster lays his seat back ducking one blow by inches.

The younger mobster plunges into the back as swords are plunged through the roof into and through the ceiling as well!

The younger mobster grabs his tommy gun from the back and just starts letting go, blindly hosing through the ceiling, the sides of the sedan, and out the windows.

RATTAT RATTAT RATTAT RATTAT RATTAT RATTAT RATTAT RATTAT

Shells go flying all over the car, as he empties the entire 50 round clip of .45 ACP ammo.

There is no more car roof. There is no more right side of the car. The rain is pouring down, right on the two gangsters heads, sopping up their hair, drowning them in the moment.

One templar lies dead on the ground, all the others have vanished.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra – a Templar knight – was killed by the Shadow Agents.

People start fleeing the neighboring speakeasy, and there is pandemonium while the police arrive.

The two shadow agents flee the scene, before they have to answer any questions.

A few blocks away the two people that left the speakeasy catch a few moments to breathe.

“Whew! That sounded like a war back there!”

They hear another set of voices “He ran this way! After him!”

“Wait, this thing weighs 9 pounds, and we can’t see him in the dark! He wears BLACK!”

A masked figure runs past the two bystanders, he pauses, turns around and fires several shots at his pursuers.

The two unfortunate bystanders watch as he reloads his pistol, but he sees them.

From around the corner, the gangsters begin to shoot into the alley way.

The Shadow returns fire, throws a smoke grenade at the gangsters, and escapes to the roof on some kind of grappling hook.

When the Gangsters come down the alley, they shoot blindly into the alleyway as the younger mobster again empties the entire 50 round drum of bullets RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT RAT TAT!

Spoiler
    Show

Due to the Shadow ducking out of the way from the fight with the mobsters Llama was killed. Llama was killed by the Shadow.

Eldritch Knight picked up one of the guns the Shadow dropped and started firing back into the smoke cloud, which caused the mobsters to fire back again. Eldritch Knight was also killed in a hail of bullets aimed at the Shadow.

Llama and Eldritch Knight were The Lovers – Llama was killed by the Shadow meaning that Eldritch Knight was killed as well. They were Lovers – Good.

Looking over the carnage, the kid mobster said “I need more ammo.”

“Kid, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry when you use that thing!”

EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!!
    3 MORE BODIES TO THE MORGUE

DAY BEGINS! DAY WILL END SUNDAY OCTOBER 21 AT 6:00 PM CST!

The mortuary is overflowing in this town as the gang wars between the Shadow Agents and some religious cult are fighting. No one seems to know what the fighting is over, but most citizens feel it is business as usual.

One townsperson was quoted as saying “In this town you can either buy anything or take it! But only if you have either the money or the muscle. All the rest of use are just stuck at the bottom. I think there’s hope though…”

MAYORAL ELECTION HEATED
    There have been many nominations, but even though not nominated Timberwolf is currently seen as the front runner, even though public opinion seems to point to Helgraf. Much public outcry expected…
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-19 at 06:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

((So the first person on my list is the one who tried to frame EK, and that's Raldor - but knowing the depths to which people can manipulate others, I will point at Shadow.))

Graklok comes out of the law firm. A smile upon his face. He turns and leans his back against the side of the doorway and lights a cigarette. Taking a few puffs, he looks down the street and sees the remains of an old Cadilac sedan, roof blown completely off. Police are on the scene pulling shells out of everywhere. The building fronts look like swiss cheese. Graklok looks curiously at the scene before a large truck rolls by with a man leaning out yelling into a megaphone "Vote Helgraf for Mayor". Why not? Graklok thinks. He seemed wike a nice guy. Yep, Graklok was a big dumb stooge swept away in the fast pace of the city. You see, Graklok didn't read very well, so in fact he hadn't read that Helgraf was dead. Still, others supported him, and Graklok heard things just fine.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

25. - Top - End - #145
    Banned

I tell ya, it's just like my daddy told me. Nothing ever changes in this town.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JX
    The "he's trying to hard to defend himself, he must be guilty" theory has been exploded many many times. I can't believe Shadow would stoop so low and be so poor. The only thing I can think of is that he's desperate. Something else is going on and he needs someone else to die today.
    The fool even says that he can't believe that I'd be so poor. And still he thought I was guilty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Goof
    ((So the first person on my list is the one who tried to frame EK, and that's Raldor - but knowing the depths to which people can manipulate others, I will point at Shadow.))
    And now this retarded thuggish guy plainly says that I'm not the first person on his list. And still he thinks I'm guilty.

It's just like my old man told me, I swear.
    Nothing ever changes in this town.

And I'll never live down Pop's reputation....

*Shadow points at Supagoof*

26. - Top - End - #146

I sat in Lucky's and thought. Alarra was dead. And she was a Templar. I thought she was just another fluffhead, out to make my life difficult. Shows that you can never know someone. Not even after they pinch your supply of free liquor.

I still felt that Shadow was a good choice for one of those who was after the Falcon but I couldn't prove it. So I decided not to make any decisions for now. I resolved to keep an eye on others as well. Perhaps someone would make a slip.

So, I had been right about Alarra, anyway. She had been after the Falcon. However, I had one regret about her passing. I would now never get to ram an entire bucket of ice cubes down the back of that oh so perfect red top.

Well, here's to you Alarra. Doubtless scoring free drinks wherever crazy ass Templars go.

((Errrrr, how come I'm a non nominated mayoral frontrunner...?))

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

I take great pleasure in saying this......

I TOLD YOU SO!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, I'd like to claim to be the Pasty. I scried Allara, and got Citizen.

So whoever is the real Private Eye, your the authentic one. *sighs*

And did the Templar kill?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

(*sigh* the only game I actually wanted to play in....I guess now I can take that break I've been meaning to. Someone email me if llama llama duck starts. Playground Squares will be actually starting in 2 weeks when I decide to come back)

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

30. - Top - End - #150

*snip*The fool even says that he can't believe that I'd be so poor. And still he thought I was guilty.[i]And now this retarded thuggish guy plainly says that I'm not the first person on his list. And still he thinks I'm guilty.*snip*
    Huh? Graklok says looking around, hearing the comments as S.Hadow walks by motioning at him.

Hey yeah, Graklok knews yer dad. He wuz funny cook guy, or rook guy, or something between. You tink yer funny too, do ya? Mum alway told Graklok dat apple not far fall with tree, or sumting. Graklok know stuff, and Graklok no foo', foo'.

((And sorry Shadow, it's the "middle of the road" people you listed off in a pm from another game awhile back that are being killed. Putting 2 and 2 together....))
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic