New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Outside 48: Hotter than Inside

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

"Hm." The skeleton turns it's gaze from the undead catgirl and towards the elf. "You know elf, I'm glad that you were the first person I met here. Most of the time, people run away screaming." With a few swift steps, it closes the distance between them. Holding out a hand, he says, "The name's Thryscir, but you're welcome to call me whatever you want."
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

"I am Amalungak of the Taarik," the elf says, shaking the lich's hand. "I am made from sterner stuff than most people, I'll admit. I've seen much. Though I didn't expect to meet anyone here, skeletal or otherwise."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

The Triple B

"Oh, well. That's certainly a thing to ask. But... I might be interested." She's surprised by the question, but thinks it over as she speaks. It's certainly an interesting idea. "Who's the drider? Do they want to keep in contact with the mothers after, or has he not thought of that? How many eggs?" She's assuming the drider's a he, because she hasn't quite clocked that the drider will be giving eggs.

The Old Wood

Benedict takes his hand off the window just in time to translate Moschu's question, possibly cutting off the first of it. "The word for what you are researching was not translated. We do not have an equivalent word available to us in this language." He's very curious about it, though his own studies tend toward the esoteric and arcane to the scientific or alchemic.

Wrattleham

The traction-town is currently stopped next to a river, where it's refilling its water tanks. It's a massive vehicle, with a massive wheel in the front and centre. The wheel is four storeys tall, at least; possibly slightly more. The wheel's studded surface sinks into the dirt. Built around the wheel is a vehicle-town, quite a small one; two decks only, a top housing tier and the Gut where the engines, scrapyards and industrial areas are, plus the algae farms that provide the inhabitants a staple in their diet. Pulled along behind are two smaller wheels, attached to a rather complex steering mechanism. A pair of massive hoses coil down from the town, with both ends in the water. There's a cage resting on the ground nearby, attached to the town by a series of chains so it can serve as a crude lift. There's a building perched high atop the wheel, from which a shrieking radio homing signal is transmitted, enabling travellers and traders with radios to find the moving community. In addition, a balloon is being inflated on the town's housing-deck, slowly rising into the air and pulling a rope behind it so it doesn't drift off.

Several of the inhabitants are wandering around the area next to the river, fishing the water, scavenging the river banks or chopping wood as they gather other resources the town needs or could sell.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

"I'm not really from here," Thryscir says. "I took a bet to pull a lever in a mad scientist's lab, so I did, and next thing I know I'm hatching out here. Before you say anything about that bet, in my defense I was promised enough money to buy a new car if I did it."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

Amalungak raises an eyebrow, but his face remains fairly impassive otherwise.

"A tempting offer, I'll admit. And I suppose there are many worse things that could have happened instead."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

Nodding, Thryscir says, "Exactly." He surveys the area around him once more. "You said that an apocalypse didn't happen here, which suggests there are better-looking places than this. If there are, could you bring me to your favorite of those places? "

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

"Sadly, I do not have one," Amalungak replies, though without any particular sadness in his voice. "I'm a stranger to this land as well, and a drifter. I go where I must."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Triple B - Ambrosia

Ambrosia twiddles her thumbs thoughtfully. "I do know that dragons tend to like their hoarding and from the way you describe yourself, it sounds like you're hoarding people. Or rather, ah, dates with people you find interesting. Is that correct? It makes sense with your choice of organization." She gestures back at the bar. "Also, a quick follow-up question. Could you, theoretically, assume the form of another species of dragon then?"
    The Triple B - Ambrosia

"In a way, I suppose you're right. Though admittedly sometimes I'm less pleasant in asking for a date and just seize the moment." Lydia admits before shaking her head. "It is entirely possible that I could try, but it would be like wearing ill-fitting clothing that doesn't fit right. It'd be uncomfortable at best. Why? Did you have one in mind for me to try?"

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Camping Trip]

Koshal obliges the beast, removing his blade from its scabbard, revealing its true length. Koshal’s messer also shines with meticulous care. And a little magic.
    ”I suppose that’s true.” Koshal doesn’t consider himself to be much of a predator. But he does hunt. And his people are omnivorous, despite their appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Camping Trip]

Wenomir lifts the Answer higher for the monster's examination as well. Might as well play along. It's not common to meet a creature like this with an interest in weapons, of all things.

"I am a warrior, yes. I was called a hunter once, but it's not a part of my life I think fondly of. Predator... depends on how one defines it."
    Camping Trip

The monster's good eye lingers on the Answer, seemingly understanding that something special was about it but not knowing what it might be or how to put it in "words". Despite the creature's intelligence, it wasn't very knowledgeable. Not Hunters then? The thought was a confusing one for the beast. Despite their words, it could tell they sounded hesitant and unsure. They carried weapons of Hunters, of Predators, but the pair claiming not to truly be such was...unsettling. Tricky Hunters perhaps? Still, his curiosity was getting the better of him. How do you fight? It was less a question and more a request.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Treehouses]

"I didn't expect you to just toss it like that." Treeisa replies, a bit jittery. She's still pretty on edge despite Leap's reassurances. She edges toward the door and then just walks over to it. She seems to relax a bit more when she's the closest to the nearest exit. She'll look out at the ground below. "So what was in it?"
    Treehouses

"Sorry?" Leap offers, still unsure what she did wrong but even so she walks over with the dryad to peer over the edge. "Couple bags of jewels, a couple small tabs of silver and gold, and a treasure map I've yet to crack. Oh, and, uh, some of my more extravagant lingerie. Not that I've ever had occasion to wear it." She says with a wistful sigh.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Old Wood

"It is not spice. We use it as a component of animal feed. The human empire uses it for recreational purposes." The wasp seems unnerved by the vanishing of her paralyzed comrade.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

[City out of Time]

Those following the MERC contract will find themselves travelling upriver, along an old and disused road. It waves through rolling hills covered in thick, tall grass, then some sparse woods. Eventually it will climb more steeply until it reaches a plateau, towering above the surrounding hills. Eventually they reach the mountains and begin a climb. Their goal turns out to be located in a valley between two mountains.

It's... old, crumbled and there's something eerie about it, like it's not quite there, or at least it shouldn't be. Its architecture is sleek and sturdy, with strange devices adorning many of the buildings. It seems dead and empty, even from this distance. The city stretches throughout the valley and the slopes of the nearby mountains. Not far from where they entered the valley is a small camp - presumably the dwarves who had hired them.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[City out of Time]

Someone journeys up the road, riding a strange vehicle that seems a cross between a motorcycle and a hoverbike. Only the weight of the long braid down her back keeps her blonde hair from waving in the wind, and while she doesn't wear a helmet, she is clad in sleek, form-fitting black armor. Two folded weapons hang at her hips. As she rides to a stop near the camp, and shuts the vehicle's motor down, she looks around expectantly. Electra steps off her bike, and, not seeing the person she was expecting, starts heading for the camp. Perhaps Cass is already here, but if not, she'll wait there with their probable employers until the sorceress shows up. She's a little apprehensive, but she's also been looking forward to this, she just hopes she won't need to wait too long.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Triple B

"Oh, well. That's certainly a thing to ask. But... I might be interested." She's surprised by the question, but thinks it over as she speaks. It's certainly an interesting idea. "Who's the drider? Do they want to keep in contact with the mothers after, or has he not thought of that? How many eggs?" She's assuming the drider's a he, because she hasn't quite clocked that the drider will be giving eggs.
    [The Triple B]

"You?" Rein asks, a little surprised. Wasn't she a bit small for babies of another species? Well maybe not. Reinholdt takes a long drink of rum. Gotta stop thinking about this.

"Leap, probably I dunno, and definitely dunno. We're meeting up this Friday at the Black Dragon Den to talk about it more. If you're interested, you should come by and get the information straight from the source. I can promise at least one round of free drinks." Not particularly free for him, but he'll take any interest he can get any way he can get it at this point. Time was running out and he hadn't held up his end as well as he had hoped by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Old Wood]

Benedict takes his hand off the window just in time to translate Moschu's question, possibly cutting off the first of it. "The word for what you are researching was not translated. We do not have an equivalent word available to us in this language." He's very curious about it, though his own studies tend toward the esoteric and arcane to the scientific or alchemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "It is not spice. We use it as a component of animal feed. The human empire uses it for recreational purposes." The wasp seems unnerved by the vanishing of her paralyzed comrade.
    That's reassuring information about the dust.
    "What is its source?"
    Moschu asks, now that she's scuttled back to the translation window.

"And what's in that room of the station behind you?"
    Other than breathing apparatus.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

The Old Wood

"A drug? An empire of humanity that has conquered the stars is interested in some sordid stimulant?" Benedict is shocked. He'd have thought a culture with such immense technological achievements would be beyond such things, though perhaps such an advanced culture finds itself with nothing better to do. Benedict himself has taken the odd drug, in the hopes it would boost his magical performance or to appease some spirit long enough he could bind it into a battery, usually.

The Triple B

"Yes, me. It'll stop Mum whinging about when I'm going to give her grandchildren, it might be fun and halfling guys are less interesting than those little skittering things you find under big rocks. And usually a bit less intelligent, too." She's not got a high opinion of halfling lads, it seems. "Leap's an interesting name. Be sure I'll be there." She reaches into a pocket and pulls out a little notebook, writing some notes in it. The location and times, presumably.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #45

NinjaGuy

[A Different Sort of Party]

The teleportation deposits Fayyaad, Cantata, and the robotic rabbit that is their mode of transport into a clearing in front of an obviously fortified door that leads into the side of a cliff. It's difficult to tell exactly where they are; the air feels a bit humid, but cool, and the trees around are all deciduous, but beyond that, it will definitely take some exploring. Unfortunately, that's not what they're there for, as the rabbit begins to move towards the fortified door.

"This way, please," it says in a soothing tone, a second or two before the door opens and two jagermonsters appear from within. One has orange skin, yellow eyes, and a long, saurian tail. The other is a deep shade of blue, with lighter grey eyes, and a singular horn growing out of one side of his forehead. He also has larger, elf-like ears. Both have sharp, needle-like teeth, which they bare in friendly grins at the group.

"Hoy dere! Miz Elektra said hyus guys vould be comink. Hyus vants to gets in nows, hey?" The orange one says with a flourish of his hat. The blue jager simply nods at the group and moves to the side of the door to let them pass.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2019-09-09 at 08:46 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[City out of Time]

Cass opens a gateway a little further off the road, sitting and resting on a log a bit before coming to the road, possibly meeting Electra on the way. She's wearing a rather typical adventuring outfit for her, though with a few significant changes. Instead of trousers, she's wearing a short skirt with thick stockings, revealing a narrow band of pale skin around each leg, and tight sleeves around her upper arms, emphasizing her bare shoulders. The latter detail is less visible at the moment, however, as she's also wearing a sleek, high-collared cloak, with slashes to let her arms through. Her ensemble is completed by, in an apparent touch of whimsy, a broad-brimmed witch's hat and a rather ostentatious staff.

Hanging at her right hip is a large spellbook, bound together with a satchel behind it, with a thin parrying dagger sheathed inside the reinforced spine. At her other hip, belted alongside a smaller pouch on her waist, is a sheathed small sword, and the hilt of a stiletto can be seen poking out of a boot holster.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-09-10 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Old Wood

"It comes from the purple-trees." Judging by the fact that there are no purple trees here, they probably didn't get brought along. "The other room is quarters and storage." To Benedict's surprised question, the wasp continues, "We don't think much of them either."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Camping Trip

Koshal looks at the beast. Faye paces around him, not hostile but clearly protective of her boy.
    ”Well if I don’t open with my gun it goes kind of like-“ he plants a foot forward as he demonstrates a low lunge into an upward swing, a round-sweeping strike with a backstep, and a more clumsy finishing move from overhead.
    ”Kinda like that.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

[Camping Trip]

Wenomir raises an eyebrow in surprise. An odd question.

"I fight with speed, precision and constant movement. But I don't stalk prey, lay traps or choose my targets, so I'm not a hunter."

Fayyaad is rather perplexed by the Jaegermonster's way of speaking, but he manages not to let it show, instead projecting only smooth, cool confidence.

"Yes, indeed. We'll be staying here for a while. I'm not entirely certain how long."

20. - Top - End - #50

NinjaGuy

[City out of Time]

Electra pauses as Cass emerges from the wood, looking her up and down for a moment, before making her way quickly to the sorceress. Her own black, high-tech armor is a stark contrast to the natural setting, but she doesn't seem to mind being a bit out of place. Cass probably last saw her wearing her armor during the invasion of Riverside, but it doesn't seem to have changed since that conflict, nor have her weapons.

Her smile doesn't diminish as she comes up, clearly she's glad to see Cass.

"Hey! Ready to do some investigating?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

[City out of Time]

Cass preens a bit inwardly as she notices Electra eyeing her, considering summoning a quick breeze to throw her cloak back a little more.
    No one would ever know...

She decides against it, though, shrugging her shoulders and giving Electra a smile.
    "Ready enough. I've worked with these dwarves before.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-09-11 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

22. - Top - End - #52

The woman behind him blinks as she processes the sight, a look of unease briefly piercing that suave facade of hers - sharp teeth and mismatched features are qualities that Cantata has not had the opportunity to acclimate to. Thankfully, the sound of those peculiar accents seems to jog her out of it, and she returns a charming little smile as they pass.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

The Triple B

"Yes, me. It'll stop Mum whinging about when I'm going to give her grandchildren, it might be fun and halfling guys are less interesting than those little skittering things you find under big rocks. And usually a bit less intelligent, too." She's not got a high opinion of halfling lads, it seems. "Leap's an interesting name. Be sure I'll be there." She reaches into a pocket and pulls out a little notebook, writing some notes in it. The location and times, presumably.
    [The Triple B]

"Well I suppose spiteing your mom is as good a reason as any to do things," Reinholdt says, shrugging because he doesn't really know himself.

"Glad to hear it. I'll see you there. I need to go work the crowd to see if there's anyone else interested and try not to get eaten, transformed, or cursed along the way." Rein doesn't consider the odds in his favor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Old Wood]

"A drug? An empire of humanity that has conquered the stars is interested in some sordid stimulant?" Benedict is shocked. He'd have thought a culture with such immense technological achievements would be beyond such things, though perhaps such an advanced culture finds itself with nothing better to do. Benedict himself has taken the odd drug, in the hopes it would boost his magical performance or to appease some spirit long enough he could bind it into a battery, usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "It comes from the purple-trees." Judging by the fact that there are no purple trees here, they probably didn't get brought along. "The other room is quarters and storage." To Benedict's surprised question, the wasp continues, "We don't think much of them either."
    Moschu...laughs? Something like that.
    "It's not just a stimulant." Silly human.
    "You do not grow the trees here? You bring it all the way from whatever world they live on?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #55

NinjaGuy

[City out of Time]

Electra raises an eyebrow at that. She's resisting the urge to give Cass a hug, mostly because she knows how uncomfortable hugging someone clad in metal plates can be.

"Oh, really? When was that?"

The jaegers move aside of the door as Fayyaad, Cantata and the rabbit enter, and the door closes behind them. Inside, the walls and floor are made of metal. The door leads into a short hallway that widens out into a small room with a few barricades set up. Further back, is an actual living space, with a common room, a small kitchen with refrigerator, and four bunk beds. Along one wall of the common area are a number of video screens, two of them showing views from hidden cameras outside the door, and the third being some sort of status monitor. There's another door in the very back, which leads to a room filled with a number of weapons and equipment items, including several small robots in various animal shapes. The blue jaeger pipes up then.

"Vell, dere isn't dat moch to do here, so hyus might needs to be making hyus own fun. Jorgi und I vill be guardin' hyus, so hyus don't gots nuthink to vorry about, hokay? Dere's plenty ov food here, too, so ve's probably not need to hunt. All de safer for everyvun, und ve all gets paid, eazy-peazy."

The orange jaeger nods.

"Ve goes, now. Yell if hyus needs us und ve will be there toot-schveety, hokay?"

With that, they go to resume their posts at the door.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

Thryscir seems to almost grin. "You know, I like you a lot more just by you saying that. What say you and I go find a place to make your favorite?"

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Tauron's Temple]

Ilpholin has to take a moment to process Tauron's question in return. "Uh... reproduction has happened and now we're just waiting the process out until it comes to term? I think? It has happened for sure though. That much is certain. I was actually hoping for your expertise regarding the baby's health and my upgrades. To make sure they don't interfere with each other or anything." Though her expectations on Tauron's usefulness in regards to being a doctor for this pregnancy has dwindled considerably.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Triple B - Ambrosia

"In a way, I suppose you're right. Though admittedly sometimes I'm less pleasant in asking for a date and just seize the moment." Lydia admits before shaking her head. "It is entirely possible that I could try, but it would be like wearing ill-fitting clothing that doesn't fit right. It'd be uncomfortable at best. Why? Did you have one in mind for me to try?"
    The Triple B - Ambrosia

Ambrosia takes a deep breath and raises her hand, signaling her tome to suddenly stop writing. "Let me be more honest with you than I've been with most people for quite a while now, miss Lydia. You might have suspected it, but we are in a smiliar situation. I too am a dragon disguised as a human. So even if we are not the same type of dragon I still can relate to your problems. Unlike yourself though, I can't actually shapeshift yet. Not from the lack of experience mind you but from the lack of other dragons to learn from." She gestures at her horns. "The alternative is, well, as you can see I'm having trouble containing myself. Too much dragon and far too little human in this body right now."

[Tauron's Temple]

"Yes, of course..." Tauron rubs the back of his head. "You have to forgive me, Ilpholin. Biological reproduction is one of those things I've wanted to learn about but never had the chance to. Most of my kin are, well, not enthralled by the process. My creator especially. I was outright denied knowledge when I asked them about it and was told never to speak of it again." He shakes his head and then puts two of his hands on his chest. "However, I promise you that this will change. Not just for you and the child but for my own sake as a surgeon I will learn everything there is to know about children and their creation during this, uh, process." He holds up his two other hands. "No, don't tell me how long it lasts. I shall learn that myself. It will be my first priority for... however long the birthing takes." He sounds quite serious about this.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-09-12 at 08:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

[The Ruins of Old GLoG]

"It depends on what it would involve," the elf says, in a vague tone of voice. "I did come to this dismal place for a purpose."

"Yes, thank you," Fayyaad says to the jaegers before they depart, before breathing out. This is surprisingly cosy for a safehouse, but a safehouse nonetheless. Electra seems to have a few of those, which certainly come in handy. But he's unlikely to enjoy his stay here. "Looks like we'll be here a while," he tells Cantata, taking off his mask.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    [Votsona's Cabin]

The woman shakes her head, managing to keep up a fairly respectable pace on the crutch she's been lent. "I've never been much of a social type, y'know? I get enough excitement on-duty, and the things I do to unwind aren't that inclusive." A beat. "Well, that, and I've never felt terribly comfortable around crowds, I guess."

Blanche can't help but briefly study the sentries in the distance. The silence and focus was quite a contrast from the folks the duo had met on arrival, and she had to wonder if any of these people were one and the same.
    [Votsona's Cabin --> The Joining House]

"Well, it sounds like you'd have more fun on a hunt than in there. You should come with us some time..." says Vots, clearly referring to the watchful sentries out in the dark.

The step through the golden mouth of the doorway and into a rustic faux-ballroom lit with brilliant yellow light. A cozy log cabin aesthetic clashes with moist, living fey decor. The hall's grand walls, stacked rounds of ancient trees, are lush with moss and small flowers and fragrant purple tubers. This main room, a combination of feasting tables and green-matted space for dancing, takes up most of the Frescot den's first floor. A fire as tall as two men stands in a hearth that could roast a cow whole, providing plentiful light where glowing fungi in pot-lanterns cannot reach. There are numerous hunched figures already partaking at the tables, many of whom who look like they just got in from long journeys in vastly varying environs. Enormous mushrooms loom in the corners of the chamber, each one bigger than the last, hued in soft whites, greens, pinks or oranges. They have gourds, foods, and liquors hanging from their gills, as well as children playing and bouncing on the shortest ones. Stairs rise to two sturdily crafted wooden galleries on either side of all this rural splendour.

"Here we are. The lucky coupling should be here soon..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tauron's Temple]

"No, don't apologize. It's... It's fine. I should have suspected as much really. You're clearly an expert at what you do. No one has time to be an expert at everything. I just didn't think going to see a normal doctor for this would work out very well." They might have some questions about everything.

Tauron sounds pretty serious about learning about childbirth though and Ilpholin doesn't want to dissuade him if he's that set on it. So she just puts her hands behind her back. "Well that's the long and short of the situation. I'm hoping there are no complications. You said you wanted to tell me something?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast