New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default [Stars Without Number] Cheat Sheet For GMs And Players?

So, I recently picked up the free version of Stars Without Number, and I was wondering if anyone had handy cheat sheets or references for gameplay.

I would like to run a game for my friends at the gaming store we frequent, and I don't want to be constantly on a laptop referencing the PDF.

Also, is it worth it dropping $20 on the PDF of the full game? Or even dropping good money on the hardcover?

Also II, what's the difference between the basic and premium hardcover?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Stars Without Number] Cheat Sheet For GMs And Players?

page 59 of the book has a systems quick reference sheet that you could print out.

the SWN subreddit also has a bunch of resources, and a helpful community(including Kevin Crawford, who wrote the book):https://www.reddit.com/r/SWN/

As for the differences between free and deluxe editions, it's additional optional systems, specifically:

Transhumanist rules, for when you want to play bodyhopping space robots/people

Space magic, for when you want to be a wizard with a lazer sword. (although if this is the only thing that interests you, I would recommend Codex of the Black Sun instead, as that is a full book on space magic

Heroic Pc's, which creates an experience closer to star wars or Star Treck then the default games firefly or rouge one

True AI's so that a PC could play as one of those enigmatic intelligence. NPC AI's can be run by DM fiat.

Societies, a GM tool to help establish and differentiate the worlds in your campaign,

and Finally Mechs, for when you want to Battletech it up

I'd say it's worth it if that sounds interesting to you, but you don't need it to run a complete game.

IIRC, the difference between the premium and stranded hardcover is that premium uses better ink/paper, so itlooks better, not really sure though

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [Stars Without Number] Cheat Sheet For GMs And Players?

Much appreciated, friend!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show