The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (3.P) Monsters as PC's (Re-recruitment)

I'll be withdrawing interest after all, I think. It was fun to consider for a bit, but once I started getting into sheet details I wasn't motivated enough to decide on things.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm still interested; though I've been a bit busy as of late.
    Will get a sheet finished today or tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be working on finishing mine as well. Going to use some of the rules for warforged components to fuse a traveler's anytool into my doppleforged.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Mine has been ready for ages now, I just made some changes on Gudu's background, he is now a Volo admirer and an aspiring writer with a better reason to be in Sundabar.
    He enjoys reading and while in Candlekeep he bought some books on Sundabar and the Northern Dwarves.

That said, The 15th I'll start my vacations and from the 19th to the 28th I won't be online much (I'm taking my mom for a road trip of Andalucia) After that i'll be a regular poster, I just hope that does not affect my application as this is a character really want to play.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    I'll be withdrawing interest after all, I think. It was fun to consider for a bit, but once I started getting into sheet details I wasn't motivated enough to decide on things.
    No worries, surprisingly high interest already.

I will have a fair amount of time tomorrow night (Thursday) to review sheets in detail. Path of War specifics may wait until the weekend. Plan is a good bit before Sunday night though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurangzheb
    That said, The 15th I'll start my vacations and from the 19th to the 28th I won't be online much (I'm taking my mom for a road trip of Andalucia) After that i'll be a regular poster, I just hope that does not affect my application as this is a character really want to play.
    Which is perfectly understandable. Depending on internet access you may have to appoint someone to take combat turns at points.
    Last edited by Covenant12; 2019-09-11 at 06:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Took longer than I hoped, reviewed everything except specific PoW maneuvers.

Auranghzeb: Looks good overall, not horribly familiar with factotum but curious about it. I reviewed yours first and didnít mean the response to be that short. The sheet is very well done and looks complete.

Amoren: Some of your stats, mostly Str and Dex bonuses didnít seem to update. Dex to AC, ranged attacks, and Str to melee attacks are completely wrong? Changed stats mid-build and it didnít update? Also, concentration is pathfinder 1.0 rules (mostly) You get 3 ranks effectively free at 3rd level, but no one gets +3 for it being a class skill. You took skill focus in it, which is fine but I think you have an extra +3 on top of that. Otherwise looks very good.

Triskavanski: Vigilante was decided to be T3. (at least with some optimization, it looks to have a low floor and could be T4 or worse depending on choices) Not a lot on the sheet yet. I donít have an exact end date, but Iíd like it close to complete by Wednesday.

5 Coloured Walker: Is the Butchering Axe damage listed when wielded 4 handed? Looks to be 2.5XStr, which is savage species rule from memory. A lot Iíll have to look up, between PoW and equipment but I donít see anything horrible. You look to have +2 to AC from dodge or dex when flat-footed. Is that a class feature Iím not familiar with? Also +8 natural armor. Lizardfolk have +5, where do the other 3 come from? Reminder for level 6 that improved multiweapon fighting, greater multiweapon fighting and friends donít exist. But multiweapon fighting includes improved two-weapon fighting, greater two-weapon fighting and friends when you gain the BAB for it.

Xenopax: Still need to do a PoW rules study, but hope to have that tonight. Looks good, and I did like the background if I forgot to mention that. Also pardon the short response, most of yours I had reviewed previously.

Ancient: Wow, 5 Frank and K feats. I did review them all, and am taking the more generous reading that ray of light is now 45í range and 1d6+BAB damage. It is still just the one increment, canít be used at 50í away at all. First experience with Inquisitor class, but overall I like the build. Unlimited greater teleport is not horribly far away, here's hoping I don't regret that. (note house rules on teleport, and weirdstones are cheaper and more common)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant12 View Post
    5 Coloured Walker: Is the Butchering Axe damage listed when wielded 4 handed? Looks to be 2.5XStr, which is savage species rule from memory. A lot Iíll have to look up, between PoW and equipment but I donít see anything horrible. You look to have +2 to AC from dodge or dex when flat-footed. Is that a class feature Iím not familiar with? Also +8 natural armor. Lizardfolk have +5, where do the other 3 come from? Reminder for level 6 that improved multiweapon fighting, greater multiweapon fighting and friends donít exist. But multiweapon fighting includes improved two-weapon fighting, greater two-weapon fighting and friends when you gain the BAB for it.
    In order:
    Yes, I'm using Savage Species rules for the Butchering Axe. +.5* strength modifier per extra hand. The cost to add extra hands is included in masterwork. I would request something similar with the hornbow, but I can't afford that much.

I placed the dodge in misc since there was no slot for it, not thinking how it'd affect flat footed. I'll move it to being listed with dex. As for it's source, that's the Kasatha race.

The Giant Creature template adds +3 to natural armor.

And thanks for the reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.
    Status Update:
    Sick and busy past few days. Catching up tomorrow. Sorrry for my silence.

8. - Top - End - #98

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
    I'm still interested; though I've been a bit busy as of late.
    Will get a sheet finished today or tomorrow.
    I may have missed that deadline I set for myself by a slight bit.

But I finished the sheet!
    Orthon
    It has a... fairly lengthy backstory, which is the main reason for the delay. I might have gotten too bogged down in the details there...

EDIT: slight update to make skills more readable. Took the PF feat "additional traits" to get Stealth and Sense Motive as class skills, if that's allowed.
    (you list Pathfinder traits as equivalent to 1 feat, yet as mentioned earlier in this thread PF traits are generally considered equivalent to half a feat, and in fact there's a feat you can take that gives you two traits)
    Last edited by Anachronity; 2019-09-15 at 08:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Kobold

Corrected the skill bonus for concentration. As for strength, dex, and con, I think those are accurate. Point buy had him have a 14, with his current savage progression getting another +2. The temporary stats are his attributes while alternate formed into a wolf, which the sheet uses as his 'current' stats.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Okie dokie. Working on finishing the liquid metal attacker.

Would I still be able to use warforged components when shapeshifted?

11. - Top - End - #101

ElfMonkGuy

so...
    @Covenant12 how are things going along? Any updates?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
    so...
    @Covenant12 how are things going along? Any updates?
    My apologies. I looked at this thread Monday and thought I posted a response, maybe I just considered it at length. The PF feat that grants two additional traits is definitely approved, additional exchanges at same rate as well. Please warn me if there's something more powerful than a great feat.

Definitely like the sheet and character. Druids speak Druidic in Faerun, unless that's an alternate feature that outright loses it I haven't heard of.

Triskavanski's also looks very good now. You can use warforged components in doppleganger change shape form to humanoid. Depending on the size and shape, they may not be able to be disguised. Or at least not well. Oversized fist of smashing on an elf form will be seen from a fair distance. The skin tone and apparent texture can be changed though.

At seven sheets I have far more than I can select, sadly. So I'm closing to new sheets tonight. (which really means when I check late afternoon tomorrow, Thursday the 19th)

And I'd like to stress the above. There are no "bad" sheets out of the 7. And looking at a varied, interesting, and balanced party may count more than how good a job you did. So please don't take rejection personally. I will keep any I don't take as alternates, if interested.

That said I'll have a decision Friday night at the latest, thanks for all your effort and interest.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

I figured if the warforged component was embedded, it would shift and alter with my body. Particularly one I've got for this is the Traveler's anytool to be like.. Shifting my hand into the tool I needed or whatever.

14. - Top - End - #104

ElfMonkGuy

The PF feat that grants two additional traits is definitely approved, additional exchanges at same rate as well. Please warn me if there's something more powerful than a great feat.
    I think the strongest traits are the two that each lower the metamagic cost of a particular spell you know by 1 (though one of the two is limited to a spell of 3rd-level or lower)

You can grab both with the same feat, and can take them from level 1. Seems pretty on-par with arcane thesis, but metamagic stacking is always an eyebrow raiser.

In any case I have no such plans. It's also worth noting that by default you aren't allowed to have more than one trait of each category (combat, magic, social, faith, region, and racial. As well as some more narrow categories). It's kind of an arbitrary distinction though, since trait bonuses don't stack and the actual benefit is usually only vaguely related to the category.

Some of the better ones are...
    +2 initiative
    +1 to a single save
    All luck bonuses for you are increased by 1 (typically used with a pathfinder half-orc alternate racial ability that grants +1 luck to all saves)
    -1 to armor check penalties
    Replace Cha with Int for Use Magic Device
    +1 to one skill and it becomes a class skill, with a separate trait existing for almost every skill.
    -1 to metamagic cost for a spell as mentioned above
    +2 caster level, up to your HD (basically half of the Practiced Spellcaster feat)

Honestly they're pretty reasonable overall. I think they hit a good balance for being worth half a feat other than maybe the metamagic ones.

Definitely like the sheet and character. Druids speak Druidic in Faerun, unless that's an alternate feature that outright loses it I haven't heard of.
    Nope, I've just literally never played a druid before

Updated that and corrected my nat. armor to +2, since I haven't reached +3 yet in the savage progression.
    Last edited by Anachronity; 2019-09-18 at 09:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Generally speaking, Traits are about 1/2 a feat value on average.

I think I might be missing bonus feats from being T3

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Pardon the delay, crazy week. This was a very difficult decision, like I said no "bad" character sheets or concepts. If you are not chosen and interested in being an alternate, please say so.
    The drop out rate is quite high for play-by-post, but I'm feeling determined for this campaign. So the odds of never asking for an alternate are close to zero.

Being added to the party shortly:

Player Character-Link Race build Class build
    Auranghzeb Gudu Sileso Djinni/Athasian Human Factotum
    Xenopax Tark Troll Mystic(PoW)
    Anachronity Orthon Giant Owl Druid (PF) Nature Fang

Thanks to everyone for your interest, excellent responses.

Threads:
    OOC thread
    IC thread